Shari's Disney Dining Review - Yorkshire stylee! (With pics!)

Great update. I really like Raglan Road but I haven't tried the fish and chips there. I'm pleased the chips compare to the ones we get at the chippy over here!

When you said at the beginning of your reviews that you'd only managed to find 'proper' chips in one place I just knew it would be Raglan Road. The fish and chips there are delicious - I have never managed to venture away from them even though we've eaten there 3 times now.

The Dunbrody Kiss is pretty good too :)

Great review !

I'm new to this thread, so I've just started reading through it, but I must say right off the bat that I'm amazed at the pics of the food from Shutter's...

I've read nothing but mostly dreadful reviews of the place, and yet your meal looks deLISH ! :confused3

Goes to show sometimes you just have to try a place for yourself.

Ahh well, on to page two for me... :goodvibes

Ok, your eager excitement has me wanting to go back to Raglan Road and get:

a) Either the "sharing" appetizer as my entire meal

or

b) Forget the appetizer and ponder whether I want the:
1. Fish and "proper chip shop chips!"
2. Pie in the Sky (because I like pie, too!)
3. Keen Eye for the Shepherd's Pie (because you can't have enough pie choices.)

c) I still want the Ger's Bread and Butter Pudding, even with the funky shot glasses. I'm a chocoholic and loved the pudding. Does this mean someone might revoke my Chocoholic card? :eek:

I really liked your enthusiasm over your Raglan Road review. It sounded like it was very warm, comforting and familiar. :hug: I haven't eaten at either the counter or the table service for Yak and Yeti, but I'll probably try them sooner or later. :)

Great update. I really like Raglan Road but I haven't tried the fish and chips there. I'm pleased the chips compare to the ones we get at the chippy over here!

Well, I didn't order fish and chips because we have them almost weekly over here - and Scarborough fish and chips are the best! So I generally shy away from having things I can have at home. But the RR fish and chips looked soooo good!

When you said at the beginning of your reviews that you'd only managed to find 'proper' chips in one place I just knew it would be Raglan Road. The fish and chips there are delicious - I have never managed to venture away from them even though we've eaten there 3 times now.

The Dunbrody Kiss is pretty good too :)
I was surprised that you COULD find proper chip shop chips in WDW! And impressed! Well, done for guessing correctly! And thanks for continuing to read!

Great review !

I'm new to this thread, so I've just started reading through it, but I must say right off the bat that I'm amazed at the pics of the food from Shutter's...

I've read nothing but mostly dreadful reviews of the place, and yet your meal looks deLISH ! :confused3

Goes to show sometimes you just have to try a place for yourself.

Ahh well, on to page two for me... :goodvibes

Hi Joshua! (Great Star Wars quote! - you may notice that Simon has a large selection of Star Wars T shirts! He was even challenged to a light Sabre battle by Mushu in EPCOT!)
I too had not heard any good reviews of Shutters - we sat there grinning like big goofballs on our first night when we were faced with platters of fantastic food! Shutters, Shutters, so good we went there twice! Thanks for reading!

More great reviews! Thanks!

Thanks John's Mom - you are too kind!

Ok, your eager excitement has me wanting to go back to Raglan Road and get:

a) Either the "sharing" appetizer as my entire meal

or

b) Forget the appetizer and ponder whether I want the:
1. Fish and "proper chip shop chips!"
2. Pie in the Sky (because I like pie, too!)
3. Keen Eye for the Shepherd's Pie (because you can't have enough pie choices.)

c) I still want the Ger's Bread and Butter Pudding, even with the funky shot glasses. I'm a chocoholic and loved the pudding. Does this mean someone might revoke my Chocoholic card? :eek:

I really liked your enthusiasm over your Raglan Road review. It sounded like it was very warm, comforting and familiar. :hug: I haven't eaten at either the counter or the table service for Yak and Yeti, but I'll probably try them sooner or later. :)

You know Lori - I was just thinking about having the platter as a main course and how that would affect the DDP!
Yes, the Shepherd's Pie would have to be on my list too - there's nothing as comfort foody as a good Shepherd's pie!

Don't worry - you can have a short term remission from Chocoholism - sometimes you need to satisfy your bready/custardy/vanilla/toffee cravings before getting back to chocolate loving. It's quite normal and temporary.

I wouldn't go out of my way to go the Yak and Yeti but it's a good option for AK dining - they are lacking somewhat in CS options. So many restaurants - so little time!

Thanks again everyone for reading - you are all superstars and I want to give you all lots of :love: and a really big :grouphug:

Shari xxx

fab reviews and great photo's . shame about tea at GF. Raglan Road sounds good :thumbsup2

fab reviews and great photo's . shame about tea at GF. Raglan Road sounds good :thumbsup2

Thanks Andrea! We didn't let the tea experience get us down and we did enjoy it in a funny old way!

Just writing about RR again is making me hungry! It was a lovely menu - varied and interesting and very, very tasty.:thumbsup2 Thanks for reading!

Shari xx

Thanks for sharing your reviews with us! I have an ADR for Raglan Road next week :-)yay: :banana: :yay: ) and I was a bit worried about whether or not we would enjoy it. After reading your review I'm convinced we'll have a wonderful meal!

Hello Everyone!

I sit here in North Yorkshire, tapping away on my computer keyboard as the rain falls down outside. I'm listening to Radio 2 - The final Countdown is playing! It's dark and gloomy and my old dog has snuggled next to me for comfort. I expect Sarah and Kate to fall through the front door soon, wet, bedraggled and ready for the weekend!

There's no escape from the rain for me - it was also raining (again!) on Friday 22nd August - the day we ventured out of Disney to go to Universal Studios. The Seaworld and Disney ponchos were out again and starting to look a little worse for wear.

Anyway, we still had fun - the park was quiet so we walked onto pretty much everything. Dodging in and out of attractions we were soon pretty wet and .....dare I say it....cold!! Simon and Kate went off to ride The Mummy so Sarah and I took refuge in Starbucks! We had a drink and a cake each (well - we had to keep our strength up!) and I was struck with how much change I came away with compared with British Starbucks.

For lunch we ventured to The Hard Rock Cafe. They had this thing, like House of Blues, where they march you over to have your photo taken before you sit down and then they try and flog you the finished photo whilst you are eating. Now, the thing is...I'm very weak and I cannot say no to a lovely photo of the four of us when it is being thrust in your face. What would they do to the photo if you said no? Take it out back and burn it? I couldn't bear the idea of it. Okay, okay, I'm what they technically call 'a sucker'.

We had a lovely meal at HRC. I had the chicken fajitas which were great and very filling. Kate had a burger and fries, Sarah had chicken tenders and fries and Si had the Legendary Burger (enormous!!):

2008_0824Image0176.jpg

We all enjoyed the food very much and our server was very attentive. I just love looking at all the memorabilia in there.
We were all too full for dessert but Simon and I ordered a Baileys coffee each. Can you tell that I love Baileys? Coffee, cocktails, mousse - if it's got Baileys in it them I'm there!!

So we were fortified for lots more fun (and rain!).

Later in the day, Simon went back on The Mummy and the girls and I once again sheltered in Starbucks. We were very wet and slightly chilly so I ordered a steamed milk with vanilla to warm us up. We also got some whipped cream on top - I'm loving that!

Here are some pics of us at Starbucks:

2008_0824Image0185.jpg

2008_0824Image0186.jpg

(Wet ponchos under table not shown!)

Simon returned and we wandered back towards Citywalk to look in the shops. Kate decided she wanted some of those ice cream dots things - she'd had them last time and really liked them:

2008_0824Image0188.jpg

I think she managed to spill more than she ate!

After a fun, but wet day at US we headed back to CBR. Later that evening we went over to Old Port Royale for tea - it was too wet to go any further afield! It was still raining heavily so the Banana Cabana entertainment, a band, was playing inside the food court! It was quite busy but we didn't have to wait too long for our food. We were now old hands at the split queueing - grab the food and meet up at the till. The only trouble is I was always the first one ready and my food tended to get cold waiting for the others! I supposed I could have gone through the till on my own, but it seemed silly getting lots of different bills for one meal!

Si had Philly cheesesteak, Kate had yet another hotdog, Sarah had her usual turkey sandwich and I had pork, mash and veggies. All very good indeed.

Coming up: Sarah finds a trifle substitute!

And how will Boma measure up next to Tusker House? Is there really no contest?

Janet! You speak good Yorkshire!! 'Where has tha been since I saw thee, I saw thee?.....'

Thanks for reading!!

Shari xx:)

Yum, cookies and cream dippin' dots :thumbsup2

We actually found Hard Rock Cafe to be a bit hyped up - however, it's been 4 years since we last ventured there for anything other than a drink so maybe it's time to give it another chance.

Looking forward to the Boma review :)

Yum, cookies and cream dippin' dots :thumbsup2

We actually found Hard Rock Cafe to be a bit hyped up - however, it's been 4 years since we last ventured there for anything other than a drink so maybe it's time to give it another chance.

Looking forward to the Boma review :)

Dippin' Dots!! I couldn't for the life of me remember what they were called!

I know what you mean about Hard Rock Cafe - we enjoyed the food there and it did a job - but it wasn't anything special. I think you get spoiled at Disney. Also - having to pay for food? How rude?!:rotfl:

I'm not sure we'd go back there again if we went to Universal. Any other eaterie suggestions?

I'm starting to compile photos for a Trip Report so that I have something Disney to occupy me when my food report finishes!:sad1:

Shari xxx

Dippin' Dots!! I couldn't for the life of me remember what they were called!

I know what you mean about Hard Rock Cafe - we enjoyed the food there and it did a job - but it wasn't anything special. I think you get spoiled at Disney. Also - having to pay for food? How rude?!:rotfl:

I'm not sure we'd go back there again if we went to Universal. Any other eaterie suggestions?

I'm starting to compile photos for a Trip Report so that I have something Disney to occupy me when my food report finishes!:sad1:

Shari xxx

NBA City has fantastic food - we went there last August and DH had the most fantastic honey ginger chicken dish. And the desserts are to die for ;)

Also, at Islands of Adventure is Mythos which is also outstanding.

There is a link to my (unfinished) reviews in my signature if you'd care to take a look :)

Enjoyed your review of Raglan Road, we're going for the first time in November. Our family LOVED La Nouba too!:thumbsup2

NBA City has fantastic food - we went there last August and DH had the most fantastic honey ginger chicken dish. And the desserts are to die for ;)

Ahhh!....Honey, Ginger, Chicken - 3 of my favourite words!!! We shall look out for that in the miraculous event that we get back to WDW before we retire!

Enjoyed your review of Raglan Road, we're going for the first time in November. Our family LOVED LaNouba too!:thumbsup2

It was great! Ohh...I'm hungry now! La Nouba!! :woohoo: That lovely man (don't you think he looks like Daniel Craig?) flew right over our heads!!!

Thanks for reading :lovestruc

Shari xxx

Just wanted to say that I am enjoying your reviews! :goodvibes

Also, we just returned from WDW and had tea at the GF. While it was pretty inside and our service was good (we had Dotty), the sandwiches and scones tasted a bit stale. We had reservations for 3:40 pm and the place was pretty empty so maybe everything had been sitting for a while. At least I was a bit prepared thanks to your review!

Loved that you finally found your chips!!! Over here those spuds are called steak fries!!!!! YUM!!!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter