• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sharing TS and Signature Meals

Ashley Krizka

Earning My Ears
Hi All! We will be visiting WDW in December, and we are on the Deluxe Dining Plan. 2/4 people in our party have had gastric sleeve surgery, so they can not eat close to a full serving. Probably wasn't the smartest move, but oh well! haha Is it frowned upon to share meals at TS and Signature Meals? We'd rather save those credits than waste the food!

Thanks!

You can share anywhere except: Buffets, AYCE family style or fixed price restaurants; and Via Napoli (which does not allow sharing on the dining plan; each person using the plan must order their own meal)

Do you have a plan for how you're going to use those "saved" credits? The DxDDP already gives you 3 meals per person per night. Where will you find time for more meals?

We will be attending CRT one day, and we have booked a CP Package which will require extra credits. We also don't get credits for the last day we are there, as the credits are based on how many nights you are staying.

I have the sleeve and the next visit will be our first since the surgery. We might get the regular plan and use the credits for signature dining for wife and adult son, and I would get something small out of pocket. Figure that would be a decent use of TS credits. Then I would use the snack credits for the other meals while they used the CS credits. Sound like a plan?

I have the sleeve and the next visit will be our first since the surgery. We might get the regular plan and use the credits for signature dining for wife and adult son, and I would get something small out of pocket. Figure that would be a decent use of TS credits. Then I would use the snack credits for the other meals while they used the CS credits. Sound like a plan?
That does seem like a great idea!

We will be attending CRT one day, and we have booked a CP Package which will require extra credits. We also don't get credits for the last day we are there, as the credits are based on how many nights you are staying.

How many nights are you staying?

This is what I'm working with, so there aren't a lot of meals that can be shared to begin with since they are mostly buffet.

Thursday, December 8
B Cash 0
L Chef Mickey 1
D Cash - Quick Service 0

Friday, December 9 Credits
B Be Our Guest 1 (Share)
L Liberty Tree (May Cancel) 1 (Share)
D 1900 Park and Fare 1

Saturday, December 10 Credits
B Disney Junior Dine 1
L Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic Package 1
D Quick Service 1 Share

Sunday, December 11
B Cape May Beach Bash 1
L Donald's Tusker House 1
D Whispering Canyon (May Cancel) 1 (Share)

Monday, December 12
B Crystal Palace 1
L Cinderella's Royal Table 2
D Cash - Quick Service 0

Tuesday, December 13
B Akershus Princess Storybook Dining 1
L Garden Grill Package 2
D Coral Reef (May cancel) 1 (Share)

Wednesday, December 14
B Kona Café 1 (Share)
L Cash - Quick Service 0

Total Meal Credits 18

Okay, 48 of your 72 total credits are taken with buffet/pkg everyone must pay meals. You shouldn't have to pay cash for anything. You have 24 more credits to use for sharing meals. I wouldn't pay OOP for anything until those are all gone. Make sure you have the credits you need for Dec 13 Akershus and GG, but I think you'll still have credits to use up on the 14th. Don't forget, you also have 8 snack credits per night to use.

Please tell us you have sufficient time between your buffet meals to fully enjoy them. Cape May for breakfast and then Tusker for lunch? H&V for breakfast and lunch? Akershus then GG? If you can move those lunches to closer to dinner time, I think you'll all be happier.

Okay, 48 of your 72 total credits are taken with buffet/pkg everyone must pay meals. You shouldn't have to pay cash for anything. You have 24 more credits to use for sharing meals. I wouldn't pay OOP for anything until those are all gone. Make sure you have the credits you need for Dec 13 Akershus and GG, but I think you'll still have credits to use up on the 14th. Don't forget, you also have 8 snack credits per night to use.

Please tell us you have sufficient time between your buffet meals to fully enjoy them. Cape May for breakfast and then Tusker for lunch? H&V for breakfast and lunch? Akershus then GG? If you can move those lunches to closer to dinner time, I think you'll all be happier.

We will be having breakfast at Cape May at 7:30 then lunch at 1pm at Tusker. I'm hoping that's enough time. Looks like there is still some open for around 2 as well. Not sure if I should change it.... Then if I keep the Whispering Canyon reservation, it would be at 8:30. I'm just worried they will change the park hours. If they do, I will be cancelling dinner.

H&V for breakfast is at 8am, and I ended up switching our fantasmic lunch package to Mama Melrose at 1:45. I thought the lunch was the seasonal dining. I'm still searching for a H&V fantasmic package for around 4pm to replace it with though. Not having much luck so far.

Akershus is at 8:30 am PPO, and Lunch at Garden Grill will be at 1:15. I'm hoping that won't be too early. It's part of the CP package, and it looks like there are still a couple of later times left. (145, 205, 215, 230)

Let me know what you think! This is our first trip, and I was a little overwhelmed bookind ADRs because we decided to go after the 180 day mark!!

I think the later you make those "lunches" the better. You can always use a snack credit if someone gets hungry before the next ADR, but I bet they don't.

If my husband and I both have the deluxe dining plan can we use some of our extra credits to pay for someone else's meals at a table service if we have extras?
TIA

If my husband and I both have the deluxe dining plan can we use some of our extra credits to pay for someone else's meals at a table service if we have extras?
TIA

Right now, yes, that is being done without any problems just about everywhere on property.

don't spend a dime out of pocket until you know you will be using all your credits. Eating 3x a day at home is NOT like eating 3x a day on DXDP. With appy entrée and dessert, it is a lot of food. and multiple times a day.

to get an idea, go to your local chain, order an app each, entrée and dessert. each. then go walk around for a couple hours.

Use all your credits before paying anything out of pocket. You will eat less than you think!

have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter