Sharing the Disney Magic with Family & Friends-DL Diamond Anniversary-DCA F&W Fest Kiosks & The End!

It really does depend on the salon. The place I usually go to here serves champagne or wine while they are working on your toes & is still kinda affordable at $35 pretip. I went to a different one the other weekend as I had time to kill between my movie and when I could pick the dogs up from the groomers & I left annoyed as the lady wouldn't stop talking to me!

Have a great trip this weekend!

I'm sorry your pedicure was a little bit of a letdown. That's really all I can say about that, because it isn't like I know anything about pedicures. :rotfl2:

Might as well get more strawberries, because you can never have too many. They do look good!

It will be here fast now! Enjoy your friends and family and have a great birthday weekend! :thumbsup2

Well, I'll echo Andy's comment in that I'm sorry the pedicure wasn't a great experience, and if I say anything else I will prove that I have no idea what I'm talking about on the subject.:rotfl2:

Have a great time and happy birthday!

Those strawberries look scrumptious!!!!

Sounds like there's fun starting today, oh how I wish I was coming :( I'll be thinking of you guys this weekend!!!

I can also be very ticklish, especially when the person working on my feet has a light touch. I rarely see my toes so it has never mattered for me. I don't bother with manicures, I bite my nails, and I know if they had polish on them I wouldn't, but Fran does not seem to like the idea of me having manicured nails. :confused3

I can be very ticklish too, I just have to suffer through that part. I used to have my nails done on a regular basis and I did love it but oh, the time to keep it up. Bleh. Now I just get a pedi maybe 2-3x a year and keep up the polish on my own. For my hands I have started painting them again recently as oddly enough, I had a flight delay about 6 weeks ago and splurged on a mani/pedi at the place at he airport. I loved the color on my nails and it stayed on forever, way longer than usual for me. So I bought a bottle and just keeping them painted is helping them grow and not break as easy but we will see how long i can keep it up. It doesn't last nearly as long when I do it. But as Jeff pointed out, that's because I'm not on a work trip and am doing dishes and cooking lol. I wonder why Fran doesn't like manicured nails. Maybe it's the super long fake ones? Clear polish is pretty unobtrusive but could help with the biting? Is she ok with the toes?

I never even thought of Mickey heads on the nails. I even saw people on my cruise (which I didn't go on) who posted Mickey manicures. It just never occurred to me!

That would be cute

Where the heck would I get them? :confused3

Bottle of black polish I'd think and just paint it on. Or a sticker.

I am done packing MY stuff. Fran has a T-shirt and socks packed. I have a feeling Friday morning while our friends are loading the food, Fran will be trying on pants and shirts for Steakhouse 55. :rolleyes1 I don't think she has been paying attention when I have been discussing the schedule RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER FACE!

That is SO how Jeff packs. Drives me nuts. I just have to leave the room or go run errands.
I don't even know what hair products are! :faint: :scared: :sad2:

LOL!

Actually all I use is hairspray or I'd be the queen of static but that's over 3 oz.

Yeah, we need to watch out for the double agents! :magnify:

I have been warned!

I'd love for her to come back and make that one wide noodle dish. I have to get up the courage to try it.

That one sounded amazing, I'd love to try it, need to go back and dig up the recipe. My family would love it. I made up a new noodle dish last night that was a big hit, I need to tweak it but I think it's keeper.

I know, but you get in too late for me to see you before we crash after the Costco run!

That is true, I don't land till 4:40 or so.

I need guidance!

Unfortunately a lot of it is trial and error at the cheapo places. I do like Yelp for reviews before checking one out. The nicer salons are safer for sure.

It wasn't putting on the flip flops, though I don't own any, it was actually getting in the car that did it.

I have done that. Or, when starting the car dinged a fingernail turning the keys

I did have my smart phone, but I needed something with a wider spread. I didn't want to watch what she was doing to my feet it kind of really hurt. :sad2:

Ah, makes sense

Yeah, I think you get in that night. We plan to be home eating delivered sushi and thai.

Yum!

We can never travel light enough to only have a carry on so it's never a problem. Since we usually fly on miles our bags end up being free. Although on our Thanksgiving trip we did end up paying for bags.

I hate paying for bags. I have been spoiled on Alaska. We had to pay on Hawaiian last week and it made us cranky! I was upgraded for today's flight, very happy about that.

So here's my last pathetic update hopefully before I start to update with DISmeets and fun! We bought the strawberries to garnish the soup, but I think we're going to have to stop and get more. We have this chain that has stands that sell strawberries around town and they are by far the tastiest strawberries.

YUM!

We bought what I thought was a flat, but we may need some more by Friday as we have been digging in a little more than we intended.

LOL, that's what would happen at my house

Here in Germany I only ever experienced the "wand" method and I think it is far preferable.

I don't think I have ever had the wand method. Either they file/buff or they actually shave or a combo but never a wand

I left annoyed as the lady wouldn't stop talking to me!

I cannot stand that! If it's a regular person you go to, that's one thing but random service provider making small talk, unless you click, can get old. I try to really focus on what I am reading and give one word answers so they stop bugging me. LOL. It is harder when it's your fingers though as at a certain point you can't use the phone or turn a page.

I am not at all good with varnish or anything but have just done mine - just a bottle of black varnish and use the tip of the brush to make the circles. It's fairly easy. They're not perfect but I like them :-)

I never even thought of Mickey heads on the nails. I even saw people on my cruise (which I didn't go on) who posted Mickey manicures. It just never occurred to me!

I got Mickey nails too from a past trip!

IMG_2119.jpg

Do you have white or black nail polish?? Any polish that will stand out really, and just make two dots for the ears and place one larger dot for the head! Super easy

Those Strawberries look amazing.

I hope you have the most magical of Birthday's, and please know that I will be thinking of you and wishing the best.

It is so close now.

Those strawberries look so awesome....can't beat fresh strawberries!! Thinking of you this weekend!!

The strawberries do like delish !
I had some today in my yogurt at lunch.
I have never had strawberry soup - you need to share how to make it ( when you have time - after the Birthday Celebration) !

Don't expect to hear from you over here because you will be doing fun stuff. Just wanted to wish you an early happy birthday and have a blast this weekend. Can't wait to hear about the festivities. Oh, and make sure you make a good wish when you blow out the candles. No of that peace on earth.... stuff.

OK, so I'll be back (probably after the weekend for replies), but it's TOMORROW! We had lunch with Jenny and Jill and maybe I will post a pic if I get a chance otherwise it will be later. But after we left them at the parks, we went to Costco, Sam's Club, Smart & Final, Acapulco and Ralphs. :faint: I was about ready to die when I got home, but we still needed to work out ordering dinner with my parents.

We got an order together for sushi and stuff done online and then I went to work making the Strawberry Soup and the onion dip that was supposed to be made yesterday. It goes with the potato chips. I think we're good the only surprise is that we need to go pick up a cooler from the old house. If I had been thinking I would have picked it up today when I was there with Jenny, but I forgot. Other than that we will be good to go to load stuff tomorrow morning and on our way.

OK, so I'll be back (probably after the weekend for replies), but it's TOMORROW! We had lunch with Jenny and Jill and maybe I will post a pic if I get a chance otherwise it will be later. But after we left them at the parks, we went to Costco, Sam's Club, Smart & Final, Acapulco and Ralphs. :faint: I was about ready to die when I got home, but we still needed to work out ordering dinner with my parents.

We got an order together for sushi and stuff done online and then I went to work making the Strawberry Soup and the onion dip that was supposed to be made yesterday. It goes with the potato chips. I think we're good the only surprise is that we need to go pick up a cooler from the old house. If I had been thinking I would have picked it up today when I was there with Jenny, but I forgot. Other than that we will be good to go to load stuff tomorrow morning and on our way.

What a day! So excited to see everyone on Saturday and hope it all goes smoothly tomorrow taking things over to the Villa and setting up.:goodvibes

It is midnight in California, so your birthday has officially started!

Happy Birthday Alison!

:bday:

Have a fantastic bash with all your friends!

party:

Happy Birthday! :bday: I love the Costco drinks dispenser what a neat idea! Much easier. That is a nice array of drinks. Thoughtful selection and inclusive. Hey good for Barefoot. Three gay cheers for them.

Have a super day!

We are off to Disney next Wednesday :crutches: xxx very excited.

Happy happy birthday! :banana::bounce::jumping1:

Hopefully you're not frantically running around and everything is going smoothly:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter