Sharing the Disney Magic with Family & Friends-DL Diamond Anniversary-DCA F&W Fest Kiosks & The End!

Great plans! I wouldn't want to leave that bungalow, it looks gorgeous! Fun that Alberto is joining you this time.

Well, that stinks!!

Yeah, well I guess it's OK to not have a Jacuzzi on the balcony as long as we have a view of Wishes.

Great plans and ADRs! Great! Great ....... for all of us, who will be enjoying the TR and pics. ;)

Thanks!

Great plans! I wouldn't want to leave that bungalow, it looks gorgeous! Fun that Alberto is joining you this time.

I know it will be hard to want to go to the parks when we have such a great place to stay!

About two months ago, we had plans to go out with friends for dinner and see the fireworks, but his plans changed on the spot and that morning we got a call that he was flying out at 4PM and wouldn’t be able to make dinner. Our choice was to cancel and pay a $50 per person cancellation fee, or have just the two of us go to dinner, and pay about $200 for our dinner. So what the heck we decided to go have dinner by ourselves!

Here I am having my favorite Martini.

And Fran’s Margarita

Our Amuse Bouche was a Citrus crusted Hamachi with cream cheese

I started off the Prime New York of Beef Seared Black and Blue with Tarragon Roasted Garlic Puree. It was rather tasty and a nice sized portion.

Fran ordered the Cornbread Crusted Chanterelle Mushrooms with Salsify Puree and Chimichurri

Our next course we both ordered the same thing. It was a seasonal item and also new to the menu. Yellow Tomato Gazpacho and with a sorbet (can’t remember the flavor). We both liked this, but found the sorbet a tiny bit out of place in the dish.

Since I liked it so much when we dined with Magdalene, I ordered this one again. Iron Seared Fish with Crayfish Hoppin John and Potato Leek Stew. This was cooked to perfection and again a perfectly sized portion.

We got the palate cleanser next and I really enjoyed this too, it was sort of a lemon sorbetish flavor.

For the Main Entrée, I always have a hard time resisting a piece of lamb when it is on the menu and tonight was no exception.

Fran on the other hand tends to go for the filet, which is interesting since her real preferred cut is a rib eye, either way both entrée’s were quite good and neither one of us regretted our choices.

I got the cheese course and it was really good! They have stepped up their portions enough here that I gave some of it to Fran in case I couldn’t eat my dessert.

For dessert I got some sort of peach tart deconstructed. I don’t remember exactly what it was (or most of this I am constructing from previous visits or memory, teach me not to take a photo of the menu!). But I do remember that it was really good and light, but also satisfying as a dessert.

Fran got the same thing we had about a month and a half before, totally decadent chocolate cake doused with other chocolate and served with cappuccino ice cream, I think.

After that we went to watch the fireworks, but first took a picture.

After the fireworks (go back a few pages or 10 if you want to see pictures) we took a few pictures inside the Grand Californian hotel. I had just got this new dress, it’s based on art from Mary Blair and wanted to get some pictures. Hoping for possibly a new FB photo or something.

And then we headed home. I think by this point it was close to midnight and were tired!

What a fun evening, glad you decided to still go.

Dinner looked quite delicious.

Cute pictures of you both :)

Good decision to go and dinner looks great. Very nice picture of the two of you at the DLR.

Too bad plans changed but your dinner looked yummy! Loved your dress and Fran's shirt! You have the coolest Disney clothes!

Jill in CO

Yummy dinner - good choice going on your own! The dress is super cute! :thumbsup2

I'm glad we did! It was a very good dinner. Thanks! I like that dress a lot.

Love your Mary Blair kitty dress! :cat: And Fran's Olaf shirt! You have so many cool Disney things!

Thanks! I thought our outfits went well together!

What a fun evening, glad you decided to still go.

Dinner looked quite delicious.

Cute pictures of you both :)

Thanks, it was a fun evening!

Good decision to go and dinner looks great. Very nice picture of the two of you at the DLR.

Dinner was very nice. We had a good time.

Too bad plans changed but your dinner looked yummy! Loved your dress and Fran's shirt! You have the coolest Disney clothes!

Jill in CO

It's too bad we didn't get to meet those friends, maybe next month. Thanks, we seek out Disney clothes!

Just catching up. Got home after landing myself in hospital again. Only 7 days this time...

Be nice if I do make it for Christmas which is up in the air now to see you quickly at VWL.

Love your plans for April /May next year. I love that name Roberto! Omg that meal. I need to look at that once more I could not believe my eyes...

Looks amazing. Where is this place?

Just catching up. Got home after landing myself in hospital again. Only 7 days this time...

Be nice if I do make it for Christmas which is up in the air now to see you quickly at VWL.

Love your plans for April /May next year. I love that name Roberto! Omg that meal. I need to look at that once more I could not believe my eyes...

Looks amazing. Where is this place?

Glad you're well enough to be online. Hope you're okay.

I've made the cardinal mistake of checking in one of your threads when I'm feeling hungry.

OMG. I really want that meal right now. It looks delicious!
Love the MB dress. Looks great on you.

Very nice dress & I love how you & Fran are color coordinated. Was that planned? I especially liked the photo of you leaning on the piano. I hope that's the one that made the FB profile pic.

What an amazing dinner! That filet looks so tasty as does the cheese course. I do love some good cheese.

Looks like another great meal! I think you made the right call to go ahead and keep that reservation.

Dinner looked lovely. I think this was just before I came to Disneyland.

Corinna

This was actually about a month before you arrived. I have one more dinner to post before the pictures of our days.

Well, I'm glad that you're back home safe and sound again. I hope that you are well enough to travel and we can meet up, even if it is only briefly.

Thanks! It was a fantastic meal. I need to go back and do it again!

I've made the cardinal mistake of checking in one of your threads when I'm feeling hungry.

OMG. I really want that meal right now. It looks delicious!

You should know better than that! Pretty much all my travels lately have been through food!

Love the MB dress. Looks great on you.

Thanks! I needs to do something where that dress would be a good thing to wear again.

Very nice dress & I love how you & Fran are color coordinated. Was that planned? I especially liked the photo of you leaning on the piano. I hope that's the one that made the FB profile pic.

Actually, no we didn't plan it that way. It just worked out. I haven't tried it as a profile pic on FB, but I should do that.

What an amazing dinner! That filet looks so tasty as does the cheese course. I do love some good cheese.

I had the lamb and it was pretty tasty! Fran liked the filet. The cheese course was excellent!

Looks like another great meal! I think you made the right call to go ahead and keep that reservation.

I think so too. In fact part of me wants to go back again. However with the holidays, I better watch it on the big meals.

A couple weeks later, Fran wanted to do some shopping. I don’t know what we were thinking because it was Labor Day and it was HOT! But we were hankering for a corn dog, so we headed down Main Street to the little Red Wagon. We split up, I think Fran stopped at the Disneyana Store while I went ahead to get in line. But when I got there, the Red Wagon was closed because it was too hot, and there were CMs directing us back to the Stage Door Café for a Corn Dog. I remember trying to text and call Fran to tell her that I would be waiting in the Air Conditioned Photo Store, but she never picked up. Eventually she showed up and we reconnected and headed over to get our Corn Dogs. They were quite yummy

The park was realty busy. We couldn’t even find a table, so we just parked our scooters here and ate right there.

The line for the stage door café was out the door!

We did some shopping at Star Traders and a I really wanted a chocolate milk shake. However everywhere that we went there were huge lines and crowds. So we tucked into a little out of the way spot for some air conditioning and a cold beverage.

My adult chocolate shake.

And this is us on our way out of the park with our loot.

We got stuck in some traffic due to an accident on the Freeway, and didn’t make it home until after dark. Luckily, the cats were not eaten by coyotes!

Ooh! Loot and food. What a great update.

That looks like a great adult chocolate drink. I might be tempted to try that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter