Sharing the Disney Magic with Family & Friends-DL Diamond Anniversary-DCA F&W Fest Kiosks & The End!

Oooh, I love the merchandise! Those necklaces are pretty. Love your room....I'm in love with the GCH. I'm sad DVC has closed the waitlist for points. I'll just have to wait until I can afford to pay cash for resale.

Jill in CO

Now after seeing all your pics during the DL 60th Anniversary during your trip, I really want to be there then here in Las Vegas. How did Fran ordered those AP merchandise from? I would guess from the DL AP website. You made my day after seeing all those 60th merchandise.

The room at the GCH looks amazing.

We went to Elias and company first and they had no idea about the necklace I was looking for.

Isn't it just so funny that us guests know more than some of the CMs? :rotfl2:

But they had one that I had never seen before, and obviously didn’t own, so we picked that up before heading across the way to Disneyland.

OMG that is one gorgeous necklace! And those others look might nice too! Lucky girl being there for the 60th anniversary. :thumbsup2

I went with the vanilla ice cream, dipped in milk chocolate and doused in Mickey head sprinkles.

Are these pre made ones or can you decide what you want? They did something similar (no Mickey sprinkles) in Italy once and they sold like crazy. you picked your "raw" ice cream bar and they would dip it in either white, milk or dark chocolate and they had several things to put on - can't remember what they were. I remember having pistacchio ice cream with dark chocolate - YUMMY.

I was tempted to just go over there and just stick the key in the door when we got the phone call that our room was ready.

:rotfl2:I have always wondered what would happen if you just tried your door when we were able to spy our room number. But then I am too chicken for that. :lmao:

The jewellery looks amazing. I am glad that you got what you wanted. What a pain about the issues with the credit card though. I am glad that you got this sorted out. I really love that annual passholder shirt. The ice cream bar and the strawberries look delicious. I think the decor at the Grand California really works better in the larger units. I always find it a bit oppressive in the studios. Your view is amazing.

Corinna

Well I guess our best bet will be to try and catch a glimpse of each other while you're waiting to board the ship and I am getting off the ship!

I will keep my eyes peeled :magnify:

More great pictures, you're spoiling us. We have only made it out to California once before - our Honeymoon in 2010 and I am trying to figure out how to spend our 3 days so this is really helpful. Also love reading your TRs anyway so thank you for sharing :goodvibes

Well imagine my dissapointment bordering on tantrum when I was denied the photos of the purchases! But I reloaded my ipad screen and they appeared! I love the necklace too. Plus the t shirt and bag. All the food looks yummy. Those bedroom units look so good. The showers are lovely. I like your hat!

The one bedroom is so luxurious. I missed having the full kitchen in the Studio and the extra bathroom. I am just too old to share a bathroom with more than 2 people. :lmao:

And the view never gets old! :cloud9:

Either she's in pain or she's falling asleep. Like right now, she's asleep.

Could she be on too many meds? I know she's in pain but too many pain meds will definitely cause extra sleepiness.

Well, the tickets gets you admission after 4:00PM. Technically the party really starts at 7:00PM when they start asking guests without a wristband to leave. I think we talked about going out to lunch Thursday. I sure hope that we are all packed by that day. I need to start coming up with a packing list and what clothes I'm going to bring.

Well seeing you and Fran is the priority for Wednesday afternoon. Unless you want to focus on packing on Wednesday so you can see Jenny and family on Thursday. You know I'm totally go with the flow. Whatever you want/need to do we'll do.

Loved all the pictures you just posted. The merchandise is too cool. Did you find the necklaces you were after? The one you got is so pretty! Your room view is awesome!!!

Alison, the fireworks shots are beautiful! Great Job!
Love the update with all the 60th anniversary merchandise, and how wonderful to get a meet up!

What lovely jewellery! Glad you got it sorted with the CC company.

I'm envious about the merch. They look amazing.
Great view and great room.

We left the store and went to browse some more of the merchandise that was released when I noticed an email from Capital One. They suspected Fraud on our credit card, so while Fran purchased another couple figures, I spent the next 20 minutes on the phone with Capital One.

I thought purchases from Disneyland would be a standard item on your statement!:rotfl2:

We also picked up some pins and the pint glasses that you see in this picture.

Looks like some quality swag there.

I know I’ve posted tons of pictures of our one bedroom units, but I can’t get over them, so if you’ve already seen enough of these pictures you can just ignore them and move on to the next post.

I like seeing these. It gives me a chance to see more Places I'll Never Stay. :rotfl:

Oooh, I love the merchandise! Those necklaces are pretty. Love your room....I'm in love with the GCH. I'm sad DVC has closed the waitlist for points. I'll just have to wait until I can afford to pay cash for resale.

Jill in CO

Thanks! I don't want to take off the 60th one, but I want to wear the Blue Mickey too! First world problems! :rotfl2: You can't beat the view from the 6th floor! I'm sorry to hear they have closed the waitlist for the points. Hopefully they will come up on the resale market, or maybe they will build another DVC there.

Now after seeing all your pics during the DL 60th Anniversary during your trip, I really want to be there then here in Las Vegas. How did Fran ordered those AP merchandise from? I would guess from the DL AP website. You made my day after seeing all those 60th merchandise.

The room at the GCH looks amazing.

She said that the merchandise was on the Disney Store. I'm glad I could help to make your day.

Nice view and the necklaces are so cool.

Thanks! I still have unpack it all.

Isn't it just so funny that us guests know more than some of the CMs? :rotfl2:

I know! :lmao:

OMG that is one gorgeous necklace! And those others look might nice too! Lucky girl being there for the 60th anniversary. :thumbsup2

Thank you! I bet they will still have some of them for a while, the prices were pretty steep.

Are these pre made ones or can you decide what you want? They did something similar (no Mickey sprinkles) in Italy once and they sold like crazy. you picked your "raw" ice cream bar and they would dip it in either white, milk or dark chocolate and they had several things to put on - can't remember what they were. I remember having pistacchio ice cream with dark chocolate - YUMMY.

No, they are made to order, you pick the chocolate, milk or dark and the sprinkles. They only have vanilla ice cream though. You can get other ice cream in scoops, but not in the dipped bars.

:rotfl2:I have always wondered what would happen if you just tried your door when we were able to spy our room number. But then I am too chicken for that. :lmao:

I haven't done it either, but I bet you would just walk in on a maid or dirty room.

The jewellery looks amazing. I am glad that you got what you wanted. What a pain about the issues with the credit card though. I am glad that you got this sorted out. I really love that annual passholder shirt. The ice cream bar and the strawberries look delicious. I think the decor at the Grand California really works better in the larger units. I always find it a bit oppressive in the studios. Your view is amazing.

Corinna

You would think they would know that we sometimes spend large amounts, but I guess I'm glad they are looking. There was a couple times when it was fraud, but mostly not. I don't like the studios layout at all. I'm glad we have enough points to stay in 1 bedrooms.

I will keep my eyes peeled :magnify:

More great pictures, you're spoiling us. We have only made it out to California once before - our Honeymoon in 2010 and I am trying to figure out how to spend our 3 days so this is really helpful. Also love reading your TRs anyway so thank you for sharing :goodvibes

I'm glad that I can help you out with touring plans. Hopefully when you are arriving it will be the slow season.

Well imagine my dissapointment bordering on tantrum when I was denied the photos of the purchases! But I reloaded my ipad screen and they appeared! I love the necklace too. Plus the t shirt and bag. All the food looks yummy. Those bedroom units look so good. The showers are lovely. I like your hat!

I'm glad you were eventually able to see the photos! The Swag was all great!

The one bedroom is so luxurious. I missed having the full kitchen in the Studio and the extra bathroom. I am just too old to share a bathroom with more than 2 people. :lmao:

I know the 1 bedroom is totally luxurious! I find it hard sometimes even to share a bathroom between me and Fran! :rotfl2: I love that in the VGC we have two bathrooms, I feel like we live there now and the one in the master is her bathroom and the one in hall is mine. Much like at home, we have just sort of adapted that way. It's cool and creepy in a nice sort of way.

And the view never gets old! :cloud9:

The 6th floor view never gets old!

Could she be on too many meds? I know she's in pain but too many pain meds will definitely cause extra sleepiness.

Well of course she is on too many meds, the ones she is on are so powerful, it's no wonder they put her to sleep. Especially if she does anything the day before, then she is destined to sleep.

Well seeing you and Fran is the priority for Wednesday afternoon. Unless you want to focus on packing on Wednesday so you can see Jenny and family on Thursday. You know I'm totally go with the flow. Whatever you want/need to do we'll do.

We'll see how it goes, she is pretty good right now. Saturday she worked us to death so we had to rest today. I was tired, and did only minimal work.

Loved all the pictures you just posted. The merchandise is too cool. Did you find the necklaces you were after? The one you got is so pretty! Your room view is awesome!!!

Yes I did get the necklaces I wanted. We lucked out and got the 6th floor rooms!

Alison, the fireworks shots are beautiful! Great Job!
Love the update with all the 60th anniversary merchandise, and how wonderful to get a meet up!

Thanks, I'm getting better on my learning with the fireworks shots. Actually the meet ups were with everyday friends which was an unusual situation!

What lovely jewellery! Glad you got it sorted with the CC company.

I'm envious about the merch. They look amazing.
Great view and great room.

Thanks! Yeah, it was annoying to get the whole thing sorted out, but glad I did.

I thought purchases from Disneyland would be a standard item on your statement!:rotfl2:

You would think!

Looks like some quality swag there.

Totally!

I like seeing these. It gives me a chance to see more Places I'll Never Stay. :rotfl:

:rotfl2: but on the other hand I would hope that you did get the chance to stay here. Maybe someday you will win the lottery and we can work out a points rental situation.

Beautiful firework pictures! Love them!!!!!

Fun picture with Jenny, etc!

That villa is just absolutely gorgeous! And the view, of course, is to die for! Perfection!

Hi :wave: I just found this thread and have a lot of catching up to do! The pictures of your suite/room at the Grand Calif. Villas is my idea of what heaven will look like :goodvibes Hope Fran is feeling better! :hug:

Just getting caught up! I have to admit I skipped past the celebration fireworks and pics a bit, as we are tossing around an Oct trip but sounds like you have been having a lot of fun times! Apologies as I haven't had a chance to go back and see, but how is Fran's ankle progressing? I very much feel her pain and frustration as the better part of the last year has been spent on crutches, in casts etc, and our May Fantasy trip included some major wheelchair time for me.
Glad you have lots of fun plans on the horizon!

Fran has been getting over her cold. The arthritis drugs seem to be working, and now our biggest challenge is getting the rest of our stuff out of apartment #1.
I'm glad she's doing better!

On the way to RSR, Jenny insisted that we get Margaritas! Who am I to argue?
You really can't argue with that logic.

We were chugging them all the way up to the part where they sort you into lines for your cars. The cast member finally had to pry the cups out of our grubby little hands, and we both got brain freezes trying to finish those margaritas!
Oh yeah... couldn't have picked a worse drink to have to chug really fast! Nothing worse than brain freeze!

We had been eyeing these sets of Truffles since our visit in June, and finally broke down and got them.
60th anniversary chocolate??? As if you really need a reason for chocolate, but it seems like a good purchase to me!

I have a feeling though that it goes a little bit slower through the Grand Canyon and Primeval World, which was my goal on this train trip. Enjoy
Cool pictures! And thanks for the research you did regarding the myth of the forward facing seats!

Then there was the Grand Finale. Disney really went all out on these fireworks and every time that I see them, I can’t help but wonder how much it costs every night for this many fireworks!
These fireworks just look so amazing. I really wish I could see them!

And stalking the room where we stayed only two and a half months ago. I overheard some people from the Disneyana Fan Club saying that they were staying there, and I saw some pictures online that they threw quite the star studded celebrity party as well.
They may have had more "celebrities" but I highly doubt that they had near the spread you provided!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter