Sharing the Disney Magic with Family & Friends-DL Diamond Anniversary-DCA F&W Fest Kiosks & The End!

Sometimes you do have to chug! :lmao:

And I have to say that Alison looks fabulous! I sent Michael the pic of us chugging and first thing he said was: Alison looks great. I'm so proud of you lady.

Oh - and totally forgot to comment on your drink!! Is that a diamond ice cube in it? I had read about them, but I think this is the first picture I see of it! The glass looks so elegant and the diamond ice cube makes it even better! Was it tasty?

Loved seeing the pictures from your meal and everything looked delicious to me. I also thought the menu sounded really good. What a shame that the taste was not as good as everything sets it up to be.

Looking at the different courses, I agree that it does look delicious, and I really wanted it to live up to the looks.

One thing I noticed is that a lot of the dishes sound very contrived. As if there is too much going on in them. Sometimes simpler is better.

I think you have hit it right on the head here. At least that is what was going on in the sausage dish. I would have never guessed that it was a lobster based sausage. It could have been pork, chicken or calamari, the spices were so overpowering that the meat flavor did not come through at all.

I don't know why it falls flat compared with Napa Rose. Maybe the chef isn't there as much as is overseeing so many places and the delivery is off? Isn't Andrew Sutton responsible for the Carthay Circle as well?

Yes, Andrew Sutton also oversees Carthay. We have eaten there twice and didn't really care for it as much as Napa Rose. My two favorite dishes at Napa Rose are the Scallops with the Lobster sauce, and the Crying Tiger Salad. As you pointed out above, they are both incredibly tasty, and generally simple. The mushroom soup is also one of my favorites there.

I read that article you linked to and was quite in shock. I had read a bit about rule changes for Club 33 in the past, I think Mouseplanet (ok, my computer does not like that website and wants to autocorrect it into houseplant!! :rotfl2:) and Miceage have reported on it now and then and I read both of them for Disney news on and off. It was quite obvious that some of the rule changes were to curb abuse by members, but really that one person would be going so overboard with it is quite amazing!! I would have been embarrassed in his position. :confused3 But I guess there are always people who try to take advantage and in the end they spoil it for everyone...

I had heard rumors of people who were abusing the system, but I never imagined that it was so severe. I could not even believe someone would go that far. Like you said, I would have been embarrassed to be doing something that blatant.

It's great that you are getting more Disney time again! Living so close and with a profession where you don't have to adhere to strict office hours, it would be a shame if you did not use those freedoms! I know that some of your future plans include me and I am really looking forward to meeting you at DL!

Quite a few of those future plans include you! But also quite a few others are coming, Jenny will be back the week before you arrive. We have two nights at the VGC for the actual 60th Anniversary, and some of the few 3D friends I have in town that like Disney and I are planning at day in 10 days.

I know that I owe you an email! Will write soon!

Looking forward to it! :goodvibes

Sometimes you do have to chug! :lmao:

For those not understanding this "inside joke". All will be revealed when I post the update on the trip to DL with Jenny and her girls.

And I have to say that Alison looks fabulous! I sent Michael the pic of us chugging and first thing he said was: Alison looks great. I'm so proud of you lady.

:blush:

Oh - and totally forgot to comment on your drink!! Is that a diamond ice cube in it? I had read about them, but I think this is the first picture I see of it! The glass looks so elegant and the diamond ice cube makes it even better! Was it tasty?

That is the Diamond Martini. It can be made with either Vodka or Gin, I choose Vodka. The funny thing is that it was on the old menu, and now it isn't on the new drink menu. They still can make it though. It's my favorite drink to get there, but if I ever have more than one, I will try one of the specialty drink on the new menu.

Yes, I'm looking forward to my nice long vacation in the Fall, the DL portion will be 10/24 - 10/28, hopefully we can squeeze into your schedule.

Yes, I'm looking forward to my nice long vacation in the Fall, the DL portion will be 10/24 - 10/28, hopefully we can squeeze into your schedule.

We get back from our cruise the day before you arrive so hopefully we can find a day to meet up during your time at DL.

We get back from our cruise the day before you arrive so hopefully we can find a day to meet up during your time at DL.

Great. I was thinking your cruise was really close to our trip. Come on October for all of us!

I'm glad you were able to come down that night. Not only was it fun to see you but I appreciated your tips with the camera, and the pictures I will post in my next update will hopefully show the pointers you gave me.

Your welcome. Even though it wasn't great tips but at least some of them helped you out that night. I will look forward to your pics from PtN.

Well, I'm trying to catch up and I lost everything I tried to multi quote...

I'm sorry that you've had to cancel so many trips, but I'm jealous of all the time you're getting to spend at DL to enjoy the 60th celebration.

The Dinoco drink can looks cool! And the cones look delicious.

I'm glad you get to check out Club 33 from time to time. I'll have to check out that article about the downfall of Club 33 that you mentioned. I'm definitely surprised that there was nobody there when you went, but I guess that's part of it being an exclusive club too. Not everybody can go.

Great. I was thinking your cruise was really close to our trip. Come on October for all of us!

Sort of....I have lots of great plans for the next four weeks, so I don't want those to go by too fast! :laughing:

Your welcome. Even though it wasn't great tips but at least some of them helped you out that night. I will look forward to your pics from PtN.

I thought it was great tips! My pictures came out pretty good, much better than the previous batch!

That's one heck of a meal. Looks delish from here.

It certainly looks delish, I just wish the flavor held up to how pretty everything looked.

Well, I'm trying to catch up and I lost everything I tried to multi quote...

I'm sorry that you've had to cancel so many trips, but I'm jealous of all the time you're getting to spend at DL to enjoy the 60th celebration.

The Dinoco drink can looks cool! And the cones look delicious.

I have to make up for the cancellations somehow, and since we have APs, it really only costs us food and souvenirs (and gas). I want to get the other two cans as well. I love that Chicken Chile Verde Cone, so tasty!

I'm glad you get to check out Club 33 from time to time. I'll have to check out that article about the downfall of Club 33 that you mentioned. I'm definitely surprised that there was nobody there when you went, but I guess that's part of it being an exclusive club too. Not everybody can go.

It's not quite the downfall of Club 33, it's more about how one member could bend the rules and push things so far that the other members had perks taken away and restrictions got imposed. I've been there a number of times when the place was just hoppin', I'm not sure whey it's such a ghost town now.

I'm going to try and completely re do this post

Last edited:
Once we found Bret and our spot, we decided to get settled in. I had brought a Tripod, but it was being very pesky. It was my first time using it and while it conveniently could be carried in a nice little bag, it was probably my last time using it, as I had to fight with it to get it set up.

I couldn’t resist taking a picture of the Castle with the Partners statue right in front as we had such a perfect view.

And then we waited, but it didn’t take long and soon the parade was heading directly for us!

There was some talk of the music for the parade earlier on my thread, and I can thank Jenny’s daughter Chloe for that. Most of the parade uses, “When Can I See You Again?” By Owl City from Wreck It Ralph. The original MSEP theme is played over this song sort of like an obbligato as the initial parade floats pass by.

Spoiler: for those not musically inclined

An obbligato section; a prominent countermelody, often written to be played or sung above the principal theme (in a higher pitch range).

Here are the figures from World of Color’s inaugural season.

[/URL
]

Monsters Inc was up next and I didn’t notice if the music changed here, but the doors here, were really cool as the images they displayed kept changing.

[URL=http://s915.photobucket.com/user/franandaj/media/2015/Random%20Disney/IMG_0100.jpg.html]

Next up was Cars, and I think they played “Life is a Highway” by Rascal Flats. Next time I see the parade, I’ll pay better attention.

This time I was able to catch the Light Show on Mack

I’m guessing that when Ariel and her bunch came along, they were playing “Under the Sea”, but again, I need to pay better attention.

[Continued Next Post][/URL]

Last edited:
[Continued from Previous Post]

Nemo makes a quick appearance here, and I think the music went back to the original song from Wreck It Ralph.

By this point, I have no idea what music was playing. I want to say “Beauty and the Beast”, but I just don’t know.

Then we get a few more princesses.

What I didn’t notice (until Bret pointed it out) is that the Frozen float was missing from this parade. Evidently something was malfunctioning on the float or Anna and Elsa caught a cold. However, it didn’t affect my enjoyment of the parade, in fact I didn’t even notice until Bret pointed it out.

Now we are nearing the finale of the parade.

Here come the Fab Four

And Mickey closes out the Parade, as it should be.

That’s all folks!

I’ve been there every week, just about for the last three weeks, and I’m going to be there for two nights next week, another day trip the following week, and then in August I’m going at least five times. I don’t even know how many in September, so at least I’m going to make up for the last few months of Disney deprivation!

:faint: So jealous!!!

DSCN9987.jpg

This is awesome!

I hadn’t eaten anything since breakfast (which was just a small bowl of cereal) and was trying to hold out until dinner, but I was starting to feel faint.

:eek: There's no way I could do that. First, being at Disneyland and NOT eating is just hard. But there's no way, I would have been very faint by early afternoon!

Did she like it? I would try this.

This looks amazing! And that's really cool that you're able to partake in Disney food while still maintaining your diet:thumbsup2

I saw this on Bret's TR and loved it! It's reusable right?? I need one.

The server did tell us that holiday weekends in the summer usually have low attendance for dinner

Wow, i'd think that would be the busiest time!

The Man Who Turned Club 33 Upside Down” this explains a LOT about what has been going with Club 33.

I just read it! Good grief:headache:

This looks delish!

Sorry that dinner was just okay.

Woah. I bet this was kind of nice though!

Fran skipped the Cheese Course.

How does one skip a cheese course :confused3:sad2: But more for you:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I always get so excited when I see honeycomb on the cheese menu :hyper: like stupid, excited :rotfl:

:cloud9:

It was my first time using it and while it conveniently could be carried in a nice little bag, it was probably my last time using it, as I had to fight with it to get it set up.

Haven't you used a tripod before for shots? I could have sworn you've set one up either at DLR or WDW:scratchin

“When Can I See You Again?” By Owl City from Wreck It Ralph.

I love this song! I just recently got to rewatch Wreck it Ralph over our road trip (I packed it for DS with the intent that it was mainly me that was going to watch it :bitelip::laughing:) and the song got stuck in my head.

Love when you catch them looking directly at you.

That photo is absolutely stunning.

It was my first time using it and while it conveniently could be carried in a nice little bag, it was probably my last time using it, as I had to fight with it to get it set up.

What a pain that the tripod was so difficult to set up.

By this point, I have no idea what music was playing. I want to say “Beauty and the Beast”, but I just don’t know.

I think you are right. I just heard a short section of the soundtrack from Paint the Night and there was definitely Beauty and the Beast in there.

I really hope that I get to see Paint the Night. With it being off season in September, I am worried that this will only be shown on weekends.

Corinna

It was difficult to set up that tripod that night where it did took a while to get the legs extended and then we had trouble folding it back up.

Your pictures from Paint the Night turned out really good. I did say that using lower ISO will affect the shots with the performers that are not on the float as well as on Main Street. The float shots are not that bright and this is good not to use high ISO and still have fast shutter speed. The characters on the floats turned out really well and clear. I had a fun time watching the parade with you and Fran that night and glad that the tips helped you during your shooting of PtN.

I also videotaped the show from that night and here is my video of Paint the Night 7/5/15 at 11pm.

Great shots Alison of the castle and PTN parade. I guess the Frozen float was frozen in place that day and didn't thaw out in time for the parade.

I had previously read that article about Club 33...it was very interesting, but I don't really understand how things got so out of hand such that Disney had to change the rules for everyone. It a shame when someone abuses the system to that extent, but I don't understand how Disney couldn't just ban the person. It's a private club after all, and abuse of privileges seems like a perfectly valid reason to drop a membership.

It seemed like you weren't all that impressed with the meal, but it looked pretty good to me! Of course I would just be excited to be there! I would definitely have no problem finding stuff off that menu, but I am an adventurous eater that will try anything as long as its not raw.

Paint the Night looks like a great parade. How far in advance did you have to stake a spot to try and get a decent view of it? We are only two days away from booking our (hopefully) DVC stay at VGC next February - 1-bedrooms still available - cross fingers! - and this is probably the first piece of lots of advice I will be asking from you! I am hoping they will still be running the parade in February. I noticed LAST February both Fantasmic and WoC were down at that time, and of the two, I would be seriously bummed if we don't get to see WoC. I also really hope to get to see PtN and the new fireworks show. Your pictures really make me want to see it. I miss Spectromagic at WDW, MSEP just doesn't cut it for me.

Alison, all the shots are great and you are getting better all the time.

Club 33 was always on my bucket list, but with the tightened rules, I guess that will not happen! Oh well, I will live.

I glad to hear that you are enjoying SH55, do you think the Restaurant Manager is hearing and seeing the decline? Do you think they will do a better job with the chef and the menu?

Just catching up. Love the photos if the light parade. I just adored the Beauty and the Beast float. Nice you meet up with Brett and you are no stranger to the gates of DL at the moment.

I love that souvernir mug! Those cones treats look delightful. I thought when you said going for cones an ice cream would be on the menu. How neat to have a savoury option.

Shame about menu changes at Club 33. But good you gave it another try. Always hard to know what to do with somewhere that is ok but doesn't set the sky alight. We have have had that dissapointment at places too.

I hope all is well with Fran at the moment and you of course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter