Sharing the Disney Magic with Family & Friends-DL Diamond Anniversary-DCA F&W Fest Kiosks & The End!

No the ship refrigerator would not keep any meat cold enough it just seems strange.

What an awesome way to start the D60 celebrations.....with an Uvabar Burger. :thumbsup2

Glad to read that Soarin' is all cleaned up.
You and scottny are tempting me with your pictures of the Mickey bars. Sadly, I can't get one as easily as you two can.
What an AWESOME spot for the parade and fireworks.

Hm, I thought you had not updated in a long time ....... just to find out that you HAD and I never got any notifications. :mad:

On the good news end, this TR is back to being a PTR for our trip with Naked Jim! Last week I booked our temporary accommodations for our “redo” of the Naked Jim trip. Because I am somewhat out of points, we can now only stay for three nights at the Wilderness Lodge, so I booked us in for April 29-May 1. For now I have us staying the next four nights in an Accessible Treehouse Villa from May 1- May 5, but at 7 months, I hope to change that to add one more night at the VWL, and then three nights in a Bungalow at the Poly! :banana: Doesn't that sound cool?

I am all in for all your trips - your plans so far sound awesome!
Your hotel choices are wonderful - and a bungalow at the Poly - green with envy! ;) We saw the bungalows in April and they look SO cool. I am sure this is gonna be a great trip.

Here I am studying how I will chop him up.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl2:

And that’s all I got. I thought I had a picture of him with a full lobotomy, but I guess not. So that wraps up the last of the birthday weekend. Stay tuned for next year when we celebrate it at WDW with Naked Jim!

You ATE Mickey!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laughing: That is one awesome cake!

Where's the smilie covering its eyes?

I hope you don't mind indulging me in using this forum as a PTR for my upcoming cruise to Baja California, my cruise / WDW vacation in December, and my various day visits to DLR during the Diamond Anniversary. By that time the trip with Naked Jim should be in full planning mode, and I'll have two other TRS either in progress or under my belt.

Love it to have so much planning and so many TR to look forward too. I am ALL in!

Since I couldn’t ride the ride, we did one of the next best things, got Mickey bars.

:thumbsup2

After our late lunch/ early dinner, we decided to head into DCA. We cut through the lobby of the Grand Californian and they had this on display. I wasn’t sure if it was a cake or not, but you couldn’t get close to it as it was roped off.

That looks stunning. Yes, it is a cake. I saw the recipe posted somewhere.

I noticed that the Carthay was all decorated for the 60th.

I really like this.

They redid the area where Soarin is located and made it kind of “National Parky”. It’s going to take some getting used to, but it’s OK, I kind of liked it.

I really like the area now, but of course I have only seen photos. I always felt that Condor Flats did not really fit in with the surrounding areas.

I eventually walked almost 14,000 steps that day, over 5 ½ miles.

Well done.

We still had an hour to kill and I decided to ride Big Thunder, the stand by wait was only 20 minutes!

That is what I call a result.

Corinna

Catching up! Your WDW plans look great. I may be dumb, but I didn't see where you said what resort you are staying at...I am assuming based on your plans it's BCV, but I wasn't sure. Cool that you are still adding new restaurants. We have 4-5 new ones on our upcoming trip.

Your cruise plans sound awesome
The DL day - that lamburger looks very yummy and juicy. 14K steps, way to go..

Well done on the 14000 steps!! I hope you did not feel too bad afterwards, you mentioned that too much time on your foot is not good for your body!

I have read that they did not only clean the Soarin film, but instead digitalized it. So, there really should not be any issues with black spots anymore! Having it in digital projection will make the changeover to the new film (due to debut in Shanghai next year and then come to all the other Soarins afterwards as well) really easy. They could even offer different films on different days if they wanted to, but I can't see them doing that.

I really love all the anniversary decorations they put up! Can't wait to see them in person.

Looking forward to read your view about the parade and the fireworks!

Those are some pricey souvenirs! Yay for getting 14K steps in...that's great!

I really really really want to see the 60th stuff but not sure if I can swing it with my dog's surgery today. :(

Jill in CO

What a nice start of the day going to the DLR by having lunch at the UVA Bar and Cafe. After seeing your Lamb Burger, now I will have to go there and get one even I have to eat there solo.

The model, cake or something like at at the GCH looks very nice. Nice pictures around the DLR during the 60th Diamond Celebration. Glad that you were able to go on Soarin that day and experience the new HD screen. The quality of the video is so amazing and clear where it does make a big difference when experiencing Soarin.

Even though we are now in mid June, guests are still staking out spots on MS 4 hours until the first Paint the Night parade. Now I am wondering what it will be like when DAF and I get to DL in August during the D23 Expo and see if I do have to wait at least 4 hours or less.

Congrats of the 14K steps that day.

Looking forward to seeing your pics of Paint the Night Parade.

I was seated in an entire row of newbies. At first the outbursts of the young girl next to me were slightly annoying, but when I recognized her awe at the ride in general I found it refreshing. Everyone around me was gasping and “oooing” and “aaaahhhhing”. It was kind of neat to experience their awe
I always enjoy riding Soarin with first time riders. It's amazing the range of responses you see, from amazed to terrified. Actually more like starting out terrified and ending up amazed.

I got three of my favorite scenes on ST. The non vader opening
Vader isn't one of your favorites??? I love that one!

Since I couldn’t ride the ride, we did one of the next best things, got Mickey bars.
Mickey Bars are always a great fall back plan.

By this time, I was ready for a break, my legs were getting tired, so we settled in for the evening, waiting to be entertained.
I'm really enjoying this mini-TR. I love seeing the extra touches in place for the 60th. I really wish we could have experienced some of that while we were there!!!

Fun update! All the 60th decorations look great. I hadn't read that they were giving Soarin a facelift, that's great about the picture quality.

I love the figurines Fran bought!

Yes, let's talk about December in October :) I went ahead and booked a hotel for the night of the 14th, so I can be at the parks the next morning. But I definitely still want to either come over and visit or go out to dinner. Whatever works best for you guys. I'll have a car so can meet you anywhere.

I woke up and took another tub. (Sorry water shortage!)

This made me giggle. I've stopped taking baths :sad: My one and only relaxing thing that I can give myself is gone! Have you guys had to reduce your water usage? Visalia just mandated that everyone needs to cut back by 30%. We haven't had that yet, but i'm sure it's coming.

DSC09960.jpg

I love these! I especially love the Goofy one, how cool is that!

:faint: I neeeeeed to have this.

You look extremely hesitant about cutting into poor Mickey

And Justin has no problem! :rotfl2:

Not his butt!

Yikes, that's a little creepy :lmao:

for my upcoming cruise to Baja California

Is this Oct 16-18?

While my December trip is not right around the corner

It's actually creeping up pretty fast. Can't believe July is next week! :scared1:

my desire to up my Golden Spoon percentage.

Atta girl :thumbsup2

Beaches and Cream.

Trail’s End restaurant

San Angel Inn

1900 Park Fare

Yep these are all new to me.

It looks nice, but I miss the look of Taste Pilots Grill

Okay, I like this change!

This CM doesn’t appear to be having a very magical day.

I think he misses Taste Pilots Grill too :laughing:

That black spot that used to be in the bottom left of the projection is gone

Yay! I thought they were changing the entire film?? It's the exact same thing, only more clear??

These watches are a slightly better deal at $1000 each.

Alison, I can actually see you with that watch! Even the Mickey ears! ::yes:: Just get them.

That is definitely the next best thing.

I eventually walked almost 14,000 steps that day, over 5 ½ miles.

Good for you, that's awesome! :banana:

No the ship refrigerator would not keep any meat cold enough it just seems strange.

Exactly why we are not bringing meat from home on this trip!

Nice spot to settle in for the parade and fireworks.

It worked out very nice for us!

What an awesome way to start the D60 celebrations.....with an Uvabar Burger. :thumbsup2

Glad to read that Soarin' is all cleaned up.
You and scottny are tempting me with your pictures of the Mickey bars. Sadly, I can't get one as easily as you two can.
What an AWESOME spot for the parade and fireworks.

I've been waiting for that Uva burger for over a month!

Soarin' was awesome!
I'm sorry you can't get Mickey bars there in Australia. I hope to have pictures coming up soon, but we know how life goes, it may take a while!

Hm, I thought you had not updated in a long time ....... just to find out that you HAD and I never got any notifications. :mad:

I don't trust notifications. I just go to Unread Watched Threads and everything that I'm following shows up there.

I am all in for all your trips - your plans so far sound awesome!
Your hotel choices are wonderful - and a bungalow at the Poly - green with envy! ;) We saw the bungalows in April and they look SO cool. I am sure this is gonna be a great trip.

I really hope that we get into the Poly Bungalows!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl2:

It was difficult to cut into his head! :lmao:

You ATE Mickey!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laughing: That is one awesome cake!

The tigger cake tasted better, honestly, but it was fun to have such a piece like that at the party.

Where's the smilie covering its eyes?

:rotfl2:

Love it to have so much planning and so many TR to look forward too. I am ALL in!

Great! I've been really working on planning for the Mississippi River Cruise, that one is a lot harder since I've never been to Memphis or New Orleans. When I have it worked out, I'll post the details!

Ok, I thought I replied to this. I truly am losing it. :crazy: :lmao:

That lamburger looks insanely delicious. YUM!

G;ad you guys had amazing spots for the parade and fireworks. Gabby said that she and Braden had fun! Glad you rode Star Tours with them.

Those diamond Ears are unreal. I'd love them and never ever wear them.

Those figures are cute as can be.

Pretzels and ice cream bars? Heaven. :lovestruc

That looks stunning. Yes, it is a cake. I saw the recipe posted somewhere.

I have since found a post about it, and you're right, it's a cake!

I really like the area now, but of course I have only seen photos. I always felt that Condor Flats did not really fit in with the surrounding areas.

I think it looks like a great change to the area. You'll see it soon!

That is what I call a result.

:thumbsup2

Catching up! Your WDW plans look great. I may be dumb, but I didn't see where you said what resort you are staying at...I am assuming based on your plans it's BCV, but I wasn't sure. Cool that you are still adding new restaurants. We have 4-5 new ones on our upcoming trip.

The December trip we are staying at SSR. It will work well because we can get to DTD and take the buses to the resorts for the Saturday and Sunday resort visits. We haven't stayed there since 2008 or 2010 when we stayed in the THV. The April/May trip will hopefully be VWL and PVB, but if not it will be VWL and THV.

Your cruise plans sound awesome
The DL day - that lamburger looks very yummy and juicy. 14K steps, way to go..

Thanks!. I loved finally getting my limburger! I'm surprised that the 14K steps didn't kill me, but I was tired the next day!

Well done on the 14000 steps!! I hope you did not feel too bad afterwards, you mentioned that too much time on your foot is not good for your body!

I was exhausted the next day, but actually now that you points it out, my foot must be much improved because I could walk the next day

I have read that they did not only clean the Soarin film, but instead digitalized it. So, there really should not be any issues with black spots anymore! Having it in digital projection will make the changeover to the new film (due to debut in Shanghai next year and then come to all the other Soarins afterwards as well) really easy. They could even offer different films on different days if they wanted to, but I can't see them doing that.

That's interesting to know. No wonder it looked so good!

I really love all the anniversary decorations they put up! Can't wait to see them in person.

Looking forward to read your view about the parade and the fireworks!

It will be soon! I hope I can find the time to get the next installments posted!

Those are some pricey souvenirs! Yay for getting 14K steps in...that's great!

I couldn't believe the souvenirs. I'm not surprised that that they haven't sold out yet.

I really really really want to see the 60th stuff but not sure if I can swing it with my dog's surgery today. :(

If you have the time, we have the place and the means to get you in, you just need to get here!

I was exhausted the next day, but actually now that you points it out, my foot must be much improved because I could walk the next day

That is great!! :thumbsup2

That's interesting to know. No wonder it looked so good!

I am so much looking forward to seeing Soarin without any dust issues! I once read that DL was better than WDW anyway as they had a proper "clean room" (i.e. sealed against dust) which they were too stingy to put in at Epcot as well. When I experienced Soarin for the first time in 2005 at DCA, I don't remember any dust issues at all. I have also read that the digital version now is much more crisp, I even read one complaint about how you can now see the rather "cheap" or "old" CGI effects so much better because of that. I guess I will just be happy to fly through those wonderful landscapes!!

What a nice start of the day going to the DLR by having lunch at the UVA Bar and Cafe. After seeing your Lamb Burger, now I will have to go there and get one even I have to eat there solo.

The model, cake or something like at at the GCH looks very nice. Nice pictures around the DLR during the 60th Diamond Celebration. Glad that you were able to go on Soarin that day and experience the new HD screen. The quality of the video is so amazing and clear where it does make a big difference when experiencing Soarin.

Everyone needs one of those Lamburgers once in a while! I did find out that it was a cake. Someone posted a link to the Disney Blog on the GCH Superthread.

Even though we are now in mid June, guests are still staking out spots on MS 4 hours until the first Paint the Night parade. Now I am wondering what it will be like when DAF and I get to DL in August during the D23 Expo and see if I do have to wait at least 4 hours or less.

Congrats of the 14K steps that day.

Looking forward to seeing your pics of Paint the Night Parade.

Hopefully by August the hype will die down. I think a lot of it is locals who are coming in just to see the parade. A lot of people brought blankets and stuff like picnics from home.

I always enjoy riding Soarin with first time riders. It's amazing the range of responses you see, from amazed to terrified. Actually more like starting out terrified and ending up amazed.

That was pretty much how it was, it was pretty cool.

Vader isn't one of your favorites??? I love that one!

I like the little droid who shakes the star speeder better and the way that R2D2 get you out of there.

Mickey Bars are always a great fall back plan.

Totally! I could use one now! But I'll have to wait a week, that's the next time I'll get out there.

I'm really enjoying this mini-TR. I love seeing the extra touches in place for the 60th. I really wish we could have experienced some of that while we were there!!!

It really is neat out there right now. When I went for our annual February overnight trip, it was sort of sad so much was walled off.

Fun update! All the 60th decorations look great. I hadn't read that they were giving Soarin a facelift, that's great about the picture quality.

I love the figurines Fran bought!

I had thought they were releasing the new film, but I guess that is later. We need to put them in the case with the other SW figures she got last year.

Yes, let's talk about December in October :) I went ahead and booked a hotel for the night of the 14th, so I can be at the parks the next morning. But I definitely still want to either come over and visit or go out to dinner. Whatever works best for you guys. I'll have a car so can meet you anywhere.

Sounds like we worked out October on Jenny's thread. We can go out to dinner after you see the house, or I could make us dinner.

I love these! I especially love the Goofy one, how cool is that!

I can't wear black T-shirts, they're just too hot for me, so I got the Mickey one. I wish they put images on lighter colored shirts sometimes because I don't buy a lot of really cool shirts cause they only come in black.

:faint: I neeeeeed to have this.

That hot dog was really good, but I had to eat it with a knife and fork!

You look extremely hesitant about cutting into poor Mickey

I totally was!
And Justin has no problem! :rotfl2:

He was literally grabbing the knife out of my hands! :lmao:

Not his butt!

Yikes, that's a little creepy :lmao:

It really was!

Is this Oct 16-18?

That's the first cruise, then there's the 5 night from October 18-23
It's actually creeping up pretty fast. Can't believe July is next week! :scared1:

I know! I can't wait because we have two mini trips in July that we didn't cancel! :banana:

Atta girl :thumbsup2

The sad thing is that even with the new restaurants in December, I still won't get over 50%. However the trip with Naked Jim should allow me to change my signature spoon to 50%

Yep these are all new to me.

1900 Park Fare is the only one that is a repeat. Must. have. strawberry. soup.

It looks nice, but I miss the look of Taste Pilots Grill

I never really liked Taste Pilots.

Okay, I like this change!

Yeah, me too!

I think he misses Taste Pilots Grill too :laughing:

:rotfl2:

Yay! I thought they were changing the entire film?? It's the exact same thing, only more clear??

I did too, but as Magdalene points out below, I guess they are doing that when Shanghai opens.

Alison, I can actually see you with that watch! Even the Mickey ears! ::yes:: Just get them.

Fran asked if I wanted the Mickey Ears, but they're such a waste of good money. I would rather go on a cruise!

That is definitely the next best thing.

I know, I really want a Mickey bar right now!

Ok, I thought I replied to this. I truly am losing it. :crazy: :lmao:

Actually you replied after Gabby gave you "her" update to the evening, but I hadn't posted my pictures yet! :rotfl2:

That lamburger looks insanely delicious. YUM!

It is, and I'm starving right now, but waiting for dinner to eat.

G;ad you guys had amazing spots for the parade and fireworks. Gabby said that she and Braden had fun! Glad you rode Star Tours with them.

As I look at my parade pictures, they are OK, but it was awesome for the fireworks. Next Sunday we are going back and I hope to see the later parade with no waiting, or minimal waiting. I hope to get better pictures for that one.

Those diamond Ears are unreal. I'd love them and never ever wear them.

I'd put them in one of our glass cases and never touch them!

Those figures are cute as can be.

Pretzels and ice cream bars? Heaven. :lovestruc

I need to put those in a glass case, and yes, pretzel and Mickey bar would hit the spot. As I said, I'm starving, but how else do I lose weight?

That was rhetorical. I don't need anyone to post about lifestyle ideas and weight watchers and all that then. Two meals a day is working for me. :rotfl:

That is great!! :thumbsup2

I couldn't do it for multiple days in a row, but it worked for that one day. My foot does still bother me on occasion. I noticed the other day that it was definitely hurting.

I am so much looking forward to seeing Soarin without any dust issues! I once read that DL was better than WDW anyway as they had a proper "clean room" (i.e. sealed against dust) which they were too stingy to put in at Epcot as well. When I experienced Soarin for the first time in 2005 at DCA, I don't remember any dust issues at all. I have also read that the digital version now is much more crisp, I even read one complaint about how you can now see the rather "cheap" or "old" CGI effects so much better because of that. I guess I will just be happy to fly through those wonderful landscapes!!

It was very much improved. I'm looking forward to riding it with you!

Sometime before the parade began, Gabby and her BF rejoined us.

He left to get them a corn dog, and we thought he got lost, but not only did he return with the Corn Dog, but a Sundae. What a sweetie! The sun began to set and we were anticipating the arrival of the parade.

The lights dimmed and the parade began. We could see the parade working it’s way down from Fantasyland.

They also did some projections on the Castle during the parade, but I focused mostly on the parade after that.

The parade was still rather far away when I took this one, I had to zoom in quite a bit for this shot.

Fairies preceded the parade.

The “Title” float

I would never have realized that these are the characters that used to roam the crowds in the early days of World of Color, but Bret pointed it out in his TR and now I remember.

Next came Sulley

Then there was Mack

There were projections on the trailer, but I happened to snap a photo right in the time when things were refreshing.

Next was Ariel

Then the Toy Story characters came along

Beauty….

More princesses

Anna and Elsa

And then came the classic Disney Characters

[/URL
]

[URL='http://s915.photobucket.com/user/franandaj/media/2015/Random%20Disney/IMG_9747.jpg.html'][/URL
[/URL]

[URL='http://s915.photobucket.com/user/franandaj/media/2015/Random%20Disney/IMG_9746.jpg.html'][URL='http://s915.photobucket.com/user/franandaj/media/2015/Random%20Disney/IMG_9747.jpg.html']][/URL]
[URL='http://s915.photobucket.com/user/franandaj/media/2015/Random%20Disney/IMG_9746.jpg.html'][URL='http://s915.photobucket.com/user/franandaj/media/2015/Random%20Disney/IMG_9747.jpg.html'][/URL]
[URL='http://s915.photobucket.com/user/franandaj/media/2015/Random%20Disney/IMG_9746.jpg.html'][URL='http://s915.photobucket.com/user/franandaj/media/2015/Random%20Disney/IMG_9747.jpg.html'][URL='http://s915.photobucket.com/user/franandaj/media/2015/Random%20Disney/IMG_9748.jpg.html'][/URL][/URL]
[URL='http://s915.photobucket.com/user/franandaj/media/2015/Random%20Disney/IMG_9747.jpg.html'][URL='http://s915.photobucket.com/user/franandaj/media/2015/Random%20Disney/IMG_9746.jpg.html'][URL='http://s915.photobucket.com/user/franandaj/media/2015/Random%20Disney/IMG_9747.jpg.html'][/URL]
[URL='http://s915.photobucket.com/user/franandaj/media/2015/Random%20Disney/IMG_9746.jpg.html'][URL='http://s915.photobucket.com/user/franandaj/media/2015/Random%20Disney/IMG_9747.jpg.html']And Mickey closes out the parade.[/URL]
[URL='http://s915.photobucket.com/user/franandaj/media/2015/Random%20Disney/IMG_9746.jpg.html'][URL='http://s915.photobucket.com/user/franandaj/media/2015/Random%20Disney/IMG_9747.jpg.html'][/URL]
[URL='http://s915.photobucket.com/user/franandaj/media/2015/Random%20Disney/IMG_9746.jpg.html'][URL='http://s915.photobucket.com/user/franandaj/media/2015/Random%20Disney/IMG_9747.jpg.html'][URL='http://s915.photobucket.com/user/franandaj/media/2015/Random%20Disney/IMG_9749.jpg.html'][/URL][/URL]
[URL='http://s915.photobucket.com/user/franandaj/media/2015/Random%20Disney/IMG_9747.jpg.html'][URL='http://s915.photobucket.com/user/franandaj/media/2015/Random%20Disney/IMG_9746.jpg.html'][URL='http://s915.photobucket.com/user/franandaj/media/2015/Random%20Disney/IMG_9747.jpg.html'][/URL]
[URL='http://s915.photobucket.com/user/franandaj/media/2015/Random%20Disney/IMG_9746.jpg.html'][URL='http://s915.photobucket.com/user/franandaj/media/2015/Random%20Disney/IMG_9747.jpg.html'][URL='http://s915.photobucket.com/user/franandaj/media/2015/Random%20Disney/IMG_9753.jpg.html'][/URL][/URL]
[URL='http://s915.photobucket.com/user/franandaj/media/2015/Random%20Disney/IMG_9747.jpg.html'][URL='http://s915.photobucket.com/user/franandaj/media/2015/Random%20Disney/IMG_9746.jpg.html'][URL='http://s915.photobucket.com/user/franandaj/media/2015/Random%20Disney/IMG_9746.jpg.html'][URL='http://s915.photobucket.com/user/franandaj/media/2015/Random%20Disney/IMG_9747.jpg.html'][/URL]
[URL='http://s915.photobucket.com/user/franandaj/media/2015/Random%20Disney/IMG_9746.jpg.html'][URL='http://s915.photobucket.com/user/franandaj/media/2015/Random%20Disney/IMG_9747.jpg.html']Next up: Fireworks![/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter