Sharing the Disney Magic with Family & Friends-DL Diamond Anniversary-DCA F&W Fest Kiosks & The End!

How can they say there's no mold???

Very exciting to be doing a redo trip with Naked Jim :)

Is Fran starting to feel better? What a terribly frustrating situation :(

Wow. Just wow. You've definitely got plenty going on.

I'm sorry the study drug didn't work out so well for Fran. That's definitely disappointing, but at least she was able to get some relief from her other drug. Hoping for the best for her going forward. Definitely makes sense to stay away from crowds until her immune system recovers.

The whole band eviction/move sounds like a pain in the rear. And Fran went and volunteered you to do move the sheet music? :faint: I totally understand it though. If you want something done right, do it yourself. But still... :eek:

I like the tentative plans for the Naked Jim trip. I really hope the part about the Poly Bungalow happens. I can't wait to see how they are!!!

I'm sorry about the recent stress you are dealing with! But, wow, what an awesome birthday weekend! It looked like a blast!

I totally agree with canceling all those travel plans with there being such a risk of her getting sick from those two medications! I do hope it gives her some relief though.

No idea how they can claim that isn't mold but I hope the new place ends up working out well for you all!

Your life is sure busy !
Hope Fran feels better soon.
The mold issue is a problem.
But the Poly with Naked Jim will be a great time - and something to look forward to !

I'm good! Gabby and her two friends will be renting the second apartment. :woohoo: It's pretty much a sure thing and I am so glad you posted because I have been DYING to post a pic of the front of the place. :lmao: The timing is good for all involved and sometimes the Universe does what it's meant too. :grouphug: I think it will work out for everyone. Good kids, good landlord, happy mom. :teeth: The location can't be beat. She'll be at the Seal beach Starbucks but it's still only 5 miles away. The apartment is 4 blocks from the beach. :cloud9:

Ok, that Poly bungalow is insanely amazing! I looked at the points, puked, then closed the DVC book. :lmao:

I am sorry about the church drama but glad you have a new space.

Glad the cruise is solid too. Still so bummed we had to cancel. I'll have to live through you ladies.

Bummer about the current rehearsal space, but yay for the new space!

A night in a Poly bungalow? I shall have to live vicariously through you for that one, I think!

Sorry to hear about Fran and her period of being careful. Totally understand this. Just had a bad case of cellulitis myself for the same reason. Got a cut on my ankle and that is the result. But these drugs bring relief! So it's worth it for her in the end I hope. Well you both. It's about quality of life.

Fab news about the Poly bungalow. They look amazing. No plunge pool for Fran without a super scrub Alison and clorox! ... Or cellulitis!

Oh my re the mould good job too. Imagine that on Frans lungs right now. Glad you have plans for Another location and fingers crossed for signing of your tenant.

Sounds like you have your plans cut out for you....

I'm glad that Fran is getting what she needs. Shame about having to put all the trips on hold but if that means Fran is taken care of, that's the main thing.

Here's to having all of the reno's and band things out of the way. Here's to getting it all done and having a reliable tenant in.

The Poly bungalows look so tempting.

Holy cow lady, you've been busy! Glad Fran found some relief but sad her immune system is so compromised right now. Hopefully she avoids any nasty bugs!

That is some serious mold! Glad you guys found a new home for the band. Good luck getting the apartments ready!

I'm jealous of the bungalow! So cool!

I tried to get on the waitlist for VGC today through DVC. They won't even add me to the waitlist to buy points. :( Oh well, guess it will save me money!

Jill in CO

That is seriously scary that a single dose of a drug can have such a prolonged effect. I am sorry that your travel plans hit another roadblock.

The thing that would have been nice about that drug was that two doses would have lasted her for six months. No having to remember to take a pill twice a day. It just didn't work out for her.

I am glad that at least the cruise is safe.

Thank goodness! I really need a trip right now!

That is wonderful news.

Oh, I think I have an inkling what this may be and if it is, this will be amazing for everybody involved.

I think you do, especially now that she posted here! :lmao:

I keep my fingers crossed that everything goes according to plan.

Thanks!

That definitely looks like mould to me.

I know, right?

I am glad that you have a plan B.

If we had not been working on moving already, we would have been in serious trouble! We've been talking to them about it for almost a year now, and the time seemed right.

This sounds like a much better fit. Just a shame that you will have to wait for a year until you can fully move in.

That's why we kept dragging our feet. At the old church we had two rooms for storage, we can only have one smaller room at the new church. So obviously the things we need weekly will be stored there. It will be nice when we have a place for everything, all in one place.

That is great news. I had no idea that you are getting so close to that.

I just have a small load of kitchen stuff (spare crock pot, rice cooker and a few other little odds and ends) to bring back. I'm going to see if the contractor and his guys can help us work out a solution to the bookcases. They're just not selling fast enough on Craigslist.

How can they say there's no mold???

:confused3: I have no idea! The previous Pastor completely admitted it, but was candid with me that until they repaved the parking lot (slants into the wall where the mold is growing), fixing the wall would do no good. Of course we haven't had rain now for how many years? He retired last year and I guess the current rulers of the church are in denial.

Very exciting to be doing a redo trip with Naked Jim :)

We've been talking it about it for a while, and I was just waiting for the 11 month window to open up.

Is Fran starting to feel better? What a terribly frustrating situation :(

She feels less stiff, and her joints don't hurt so bad, but she is having other problems. She's asleep practically 16 hours a day. It's almost 2PM and she is still in bed trying to wake up and get in the shower. Every time I go in there she asks for another 20 minutes, 30 minutes...I really want to talk to her about some things to move forward with the apartment and she can't stay awake long enough to have a conversation.

Wow. Just wow. You've definitely got plenty going on.

Well at least we got everything but a few kitchen knick knacks out of #2. Now all I need is a plan for the bookcases, and the contractor can get started.

I'm sorry the study drug didn't work out so well for Fran. That's definitely disappointing, but at least she was able to get some relief from her other drug. Hoping for the best for her going forward. Definitely makes sense to stay away from crowds until her immune system recovers.

Yeah, I guess it's good that she is mostly staying home sleeping.

The whole band eviction/move sounds like a pain in the rear. And Fran went and volunteered you to do move the sheet music? :faint: I totally understand it though. If you want something done right, do it yourself. But still... :eek:

Well, for a while when we were in charge of everything, we worked hard to purchase a lot of the music in that library. The current librarian is actually making a worse mess of the whole thing. We don't have day jobs, and can spend a lot of time messing with it, and organizing it properly. It just means that nothing else we need to do gets done, because now that #2 is ready for work, #1 is a HUGE mess of stuff that we need to get organized, sold and cleared out! :faint:

I like the tentative plans for the Naked Jim trip. I really hope the part about the Poly Bungalow happens. I can't wait to see how they are!!!

I do too! I don't see us traveling there with other folk any time soon, so this will be the only time in a while we need a two bedroom, so I'm going to try for it!

I'm sorry about the recent stress you are dealing with! But, wow, what an awesome birthday weekend! It looked like a blast!

:welcome: Thanks! It sure was! Great friends, lots of food, and tons o fun!

I totally agree with canceling all those travel plans with there being such a risk of her getting sick from those two medications! I do hope it gives her some relief though.

She is definitely not in nearly as much pain as two weeks ago. We've been through worse spells. At least I'm not cleaning an open wound or giving her doses of Vancomyacin through an IV.

No idea how they can claim that isn't mold but I hope the new place ends up working out well for you all!

I think they're just hoping we will quietly go away without suing them. What they are doing is totally illegal, but the band management has changed so many times since we began at the church, no one has the original documents and rental agreements.

Good to read that Fran getting what she needs and hopefully she will get better. I am sorry to hear about all of your trip cancellations and hopefully you will be able to go on future trips with no issues. I am still planning on going to the D23 Expo in August and if there is something you want from the Expo, just message me and we can work it out.

The picture of the mold looks very serious and sometimes I see that at my workplace which is not good. It was good to find another place for the equipment.

The Poly Bungalow looks amazing.

Last edited:
I'm good! Gabby and her two friends will be renting the second apartment. :woohoo: It's pretty much a sure thing and I am so glad you posted because I have been DYING to post a pic of the front of the place. :lmao: The timing is good for all involved and sometimes the Universe does what it's meant too. :grouphug: I think it will work out for everyone. Good kids, good landlord, happy mom. :teeth: The location can't be beat. She'll be at the Seal beach Starbucks but it's still only 5 miles away. The apartment is 4 blocks from the beach. :cloud9:

I'm trying my best to move this thing along as quick as possible. It's hard when I can't get her to be awake enough during the day when people actually accomplish things, but we'll do our best to hit your timeline.

Ok, that Poly bungalow is insanely amazing! I looked at the points, puked, then closed the DVC book. :lmao:

This totally made be laugh! LOL! I even read it back over to Fran. Sickening isn't it? It's one more point per night than the Grand Villa we stayed in on my birthday.

I am sorry about the church drama but glad you have a new space.

It will be a nice new place to rehearse, sort of opening a new chapter for the band. The only thing is that it is one of the worst parts of LA. Good news is that it has a big fence around it and a 24/7 security guard.

Glad the cruise is solid too. Still so bummed we had to cancel. I'll have to live through you ladies.

Well nothing is solid until we set foot on board, but I'm sure hoping.

Bummer about the current rehearsal space, but yay for the new space!

::yes::

A night in a Poly bungalow? I shall have to live vicariously through you for that one, I think!

Well, let's see if I can get it at 7 months!

Sorry to hear about Fran and her period of being careful. Totally understand this. Just had a bad case of cellulitis myself for the same reason. Got a cut on my ankle and that is the result. But these drugs bring relief! So it's worth it for her in the end I hope. Well you both. It's about quality of life.

Ugh, she had cellulitis for a bit a few years back, not fun. I hope you are all better.

Fab news about the Poly bungalow. They look amazing. No plunge pool for Fran without a super scrub Alison and clorox! ... Or cellulitis!

Well we haven't actually GOT the Poly yet, only hoping for right now.

Oh my re the mould good job too. Imagine that on Frans lungs right now. Glad you have plans for Another location

Yeah, we don't let Fran into that storage room.

and fingers crossed for signing of your tenant.

Sounds like you have your plans cut out for you....

First we have to get the place fixed up. Calling the contractor later today to work out a plan with the bookcases.

I'm glad that Fran is getting what she needs. Shame about having to put all the trips on hold but if that means Fran is taken care of, that's the main thing.

Well, I wasn't looking so forward to the Band Trip, what with breaking us down into two bands to each play half a concert. Traveling all that way and spending a couple thousand dollars for half a concert. But I would have like to go to the Star Trek Convention. D23 would have been nice if we got Sorcerer's tickets.

Here's to having all of the reno's and band things out of the way. Here's to getting it all done and having a reliable tenant in.

At least if they do anything wrong, I can "tell her mother."

The Poly bungalows look so tempting.

They do, totally spacious and luxurious!

Holy cow lady, you've been busy! Glad Fran found some relief but sad her immune system is so compromised right now. Hopefully she avoids any nasty bugs!

We're trying to keep her in a "bubble" and avoid the nasty bugs.

That is some serious mold! Glad you guys found a new home for the band. Good luck getting the apartments ready!

Yeah, it's been there for years. Scary!

I'm jealous of the bungalow! So cool!

I have to get in there first!

I tried to get on the waitlist for VGC today through DVC. They won't even add me to the waitlist to buy points. :( Oh well, guess it will save me money!

That bites! They really need another DVC option in California!

Fran was going to participate in the drug study, but the drug just didn't give her pain relief soon enough. A week after the first infusion she was so stiff that she couldn't even bring a can of soda to her mouth. She could barely eat, and I had to hold a can of soda with a straw for her to sip from. It was the middle of Memorial Day weekend and she felt like she had no options. So she started taking the pills which give results within 24-48 hours.

Oh my gosh poor Fran, I can't imagine how painful that is. I have tendonitis and cooking (cooking and stirring) really makes my hands hurt towards the end of the meal, but that's no where near what Fran is experiencing. :sad2:

She will be in this double whammy situation from her immune system until September at which point she can resume normal behavior, but this means that the band convention in Indianapolis in August will be a no go. We were considering whether or not to do this or the Star Trek convention (same weekend), but that's a no go as well. Also a no go is the D23 Expo. We had already poo poo'ed it when we didn't get Sorcerer's tickets, but now we know she shouldn't be around large crowds carrying potential diseases. We will cancel our reservations at the Hilton for sure. Luckily the study drug will have worn off by the time we go on our cruise in October.

Ugh i'm so sorry for all these cancelations. Especially the Expo, I know you always have fun with that and lots of people always look forward to your TR's.

There is a VERY BAD mold problem in one of our storage rooms and we had to throw away a lot of memorabilia as it was damaged beyond repair. It is so bad that if you spend any time in that room your lungs feel like they are on fire.

Oh wow that is really bad!

It's so bad the plaster is peeling off the walls.

YUCK!!!

They have the largest church pipe organ in the world and hold organ concerts often as well.

That is really cool!

On the good news end, this TR is back to being a PTR for our trip with Naked Jim! Last week I booked our temporary accommodations for our “redo” of the Naked Jim trip. Because I am somewhat out of points, we can now only stay for three nights at the Wilderness Lodge, so I booked us in for April 29-May 1. For now I have us staying the next four nights in an Accessible Treehouse Villa from May 1- May 5, but at 7 months, I hope to change that to add one more night at the VWL, and then three nights in a Bungalow at the Poly! :banana: Doesn't that sound cool?

Yay i'm so glad this trip is in the planning stages again! At 3 nights in the new Bungalows?! Heck yes!! :hyper:

Alison,

Sorry I have been away too long lots to catch up on.

I hate to hear the Fran was doing so bad that she decided to go back on her other meds.

That is one amazing looking meal! All of the food was presented beautifully. The double light saber was a crowning touch.

So glad to hear that you had no ill effects the next morning

The drugs that Fran is taking sounds pretty scary, and all the things that she could get. Prayers for health.

Umm that looks like Mold to me, how could they say that? Seems very underhanded to me. I am glad you guys have another place to rehearse and store your stuff.

As for staying in a Poly Bungalow, Oh Yeah!!

I wondered if it was Gabby! So glad that the timing worked out for all concerned. Its a great location.

Fran was going to participate in the drug study, but the drug just didn't give her pain relief soon enough. A week after the first infusion she was so stiff that she couldn't even bring a can of soda to her mouth. She could barely eat, and I had to hold a can of soda with a straw for her to sip from.

Yikes! That sounds awful! I hope she can flush that drug out of her system and recover quickly.

The people at the church said that they had the room inspected and that there was no mold.

Um...what? Oh, never mind, that's not mold. It's dried blood. :scared1::rotfl2:

Because Fran doesn't trust anyone to care for it properly she has volunteered us for the job.

Yay! Looks like a lot of fun!:faint:

For now I have us staying the next four nights in an Accessible Treehouse Villa from May 1- May 5, but at 7 months, I hope to change that to add one more night at the VWL, and then three nights in a Bungalow at the Poly! :banana: Doesn't that sound cool?

Sounds awesome! Although I have to admit, I'm a little miffed that the view of Wishes from the Poly beach is no more.

Good to read that Fran getting what she needs and hopefully she will get better. I am sorry to hear about all of your trip cancellations and hopefully you will be able to go on future trips with no issues. I am still planning on going to the D23 Expo in August and if there is something you want from the Expo, just message me and we can work it out.

I hope that she gets better too. Right now she is totally off on her sleep cycles, she'll sleep for hours during the day and then be up until 3 in the morning, and then not be able to get up at a normal time in the morning. It makes for a very difficult "normal" routine. I think we're better off not buying anything from the Expo. We estimate that not getting Sorcerer's tickets has saved us over $10,000! :eek:

The picture of the mold looks very serious and sometimes I see that at my workplace which is not good. It was good to find another place for the equipment.

It is pretty gross. I'm glad we're almost out of there. One moving day tomorrow, one rehearsal and two more moving days and we're done.

The Poly Bungalow looks amazing.

I sure hope that we can get it!

I might have to add on again if they do another CA property :rolleyes1

I can understand that!

Oh my gosh poor Fran, I can't imagine how painful that is. I have tendonitis and cooking (cooking and stirring) really makes my hands hurt towards the end of the meal, but that's no where near what Fran is experiencing. :sad2:

I can't even imagine either, but I know it's really bad. I was completely sore earlier this week from all the moving and cleaning. I got a deep tissue massage yesterday which really helped it, but for her even something you would think might help is really painful.

Ugh i'm so sorry for all these cancelations. Especially the Expo, I know you always have fun with that and lots of people always look forward to your TR's.

Well the Expo pretty much got nixed last summer when we couldn't get the Sorcerer's tickets. We can't wait in long long lines and that's what we'd have to do to see the presentations that we really want to see, so we'll take a break this year.

Oh wow that is really bad!

::yes::

Yay i'm so glad this trip is in the planning stages again! At 3 nights in the new Bungalows?! Heck yes!! :hyper:

I just hope we can get in at 7 months, but at that point cost, I can't imagine people are banging down the doors to get in!

Alison,

Sorry I have been away too long lots to catch up on.

I hate to hear the Fran was doing so bad that she decided to go back on her other meds.

You've had a lot going on, but at least she is getting some relief if not everything she needs.

That is one amazing looking meal! All of the food was presented beautifully. The double light saber was a crowning touch.

So glad to hear that you had no ill effects the next morning

It was so good, I just wish I had a bigger appetite. Well, I was somewhat exhausted, but I think that had more to do with the massage and excitement of the weekend than hangover.

The drugs that Fran is taking sounds pretty scary, and all the things that she could get. Prayers for health.

When you're taking mostly experimental drugs, that's sort of how it is. She has always been taking drugs at the forefront of arthritis treatment. I guess she is just that severe of a case and her Doctor is always in the know for new upcoming drug studies. Hopefully another better one will come along soon.

Umm that looks like Mold to me, how could they say that? Seems very underhanded to me. I am glad you guys have another place to rehearse and store your stuff.

This church was good to us for a long long time, but no more. The good people have left and it seems those who are left are just interested in gauging folks for all that they can.

As for staying in a Poly Bungalow, Oh Yeah!!

I just hope we can get in there at 7 months!

I wondered if it was Gabby! So glad that the timing worked out for all concerned. Its a great location.

::yes:: It should work out well for all. She's a good kid (as we know from reading Jenny's TRs) so I'm not worried that she and her friends will turn out like those Aussie gals we rented to a few years back. :rolleyes1

Yikes! That sounds awful! I hope she can flush that drug out of her system and recover quickly.

It will just take time. She did a blood test Wednesday and has another in two weeks. They will continue to monitor her situation and let her know when the B cells are back to where they should be.

Um...what? Oh, never mind, that's not mold. It's dried blood. :scared1::rotfl2:

:eek: :lmao:

Yay! Looks like a lot of fun!:faint:

Well, I'm about a quarter of the way through filing it in our cabinets. :faint:

Sounds awesome! Although I have to admit, I'm a little miffed that the view of Wishes from the Poly beach is no more.

I thought they still left some of the beach for other folks. Didn't Cynthia watch Wishes from the Beach even after construction had begun? I hope they didn't take all of it away, that would just not be right. Although I am looking forward to the idea of watching wishes from my lanai at the Bungalow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter