• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sharing Meal Credits?

Zooey72

Mouseketeer
I am going to be going to Disney in Sept. and have gotten the free dining. I will be staying at a moderate so it is just quick service. We have 2 groups of people going and what I intend on doing is have one room get the deluxe meal plan, and the other just keep the quick service plan. What I want to do is to more or less merge (not literally, I know they won't let you do that. I mean use both plans for the group) both plans so when We go to Andy's lunch box (or wherever) the quick service plan will cover both rooms for the quick service, and when we eat at Ohana's the table service plan will cover both rooms. I got the idea from watching Disney Food Blog, and she said you can share credits like that. Also, we want to eat at Hoop Dee Doo, would it be a problem using credits on that in this way?

If it works, it is perfect for us because the 3 meals is way too much (done that, fun but really excessive), but the regular plan usually shorts you a day (staying 6 nights, 7 days). And it is also nice to get an appetizer as well. :)

Just be sure you have an equal number of people in each room or the credits won't divide up right.

Thanks. Saw some conflicting things on the forums here so I wasn't sure. If they don't do it, it would be petty and I would probably cancel the whole vacation. I used to work at Disney in the 90's and each year they seem to lower the bar on customer service. I am still peeved they took the tip off. I still left a tip on top of the one given for the meal plan, but the purpose of the meal plan is so you don't have to worry about money. My wife and I dropped 200 bucks in dinging credits at a signature, so the tip still came to 40 bucks. 40 bucks buys you an entire meal for 2 at Outback, so it doesn't really feel it is paid for.

I am going to be going to Disney in Sept. and have gotten the free dining. I will be staying at a moderate so it is just quick service. We have 2 groups of people going and what I intend on doing is have one room get the deluxe meal plan, and the other just keep the quick service plan. What I want to do is to more or less merge (not literally, I know they won't let you do that. I mean use both plans for the group) both plans so when We go to Andy's lunch box (or wherever) the quick service plan will cover both rooms for the quick service, and when we eat at Ohana's the table service plan will cover both rooms. I got the idea from watching Disney Food Blog, and she said you can share credits like that. Also, we want to eat at Hoop Dee Doo, would it be a problem using credits on that in this way?

If it works, it is perfect for us because the 3 meals is way too much (done that, fun but really excessive), but the regular plan usually shorts you a day (staying 6 nights, 7 days). And it is also nice to get an appetizer as well. :)
Are you on site for all 3 meals on each travel day? I can’t fathom that.
With an early morning flight on arrival day we arrive early afternoon. We schedule TS Dinner. With an evening flight on departure day we have breakfast and lunch before. n this way 7 day arecovered

We have 2 groups of people going and what I intend on doing is have one room get the deluxe meal plan, and the other just keep the quick service plan. What I want to do is to more or less merge (not literally, I know they won't let you do that. I mean use both plans for the group)

What is the makeup of your two parties with regard to adults and kids? Kids can only order meals off the kid's menu at both TS and QS and kids credits can only be used for kids at all bufffet/AYCTE places.

If they don't do it, it would be petty and I would probably cancel the whole vacation
There's no indication at all that this would not be allowed (but if it weren't for some reason, I personally wouldn't consider it a [negatively] petty decision or change.
I used to work at Disney in the 90's and each year they seem to lower the bar on customer service. I am still peeved they took the tip off
That's a business decision, not a reduction in customer service. Not saying customer focus hasn't gone downhill.

Call it what you like, but it certainly is not this:

“Give the public everything you can give them, keep the place as clean as you can keep it, and keep it friendly.” - Walt Disney

And it is not just this kind of thing. They have been fowling up the whole experience for quite some time. When I worked there the goal was to meet and exceed a guest's expectations. Last time we went I wanted to stay at Yacht and beach, but was going to try and go to Animal Kingdom lodge our fist day for the Sanna bread service. You no longer have to go up to a desk, you can just check in with your phone. Instead of just dropping us of at AKL they still made me go to Yacht Club for god knows what reason. The bus was stopping at AKL anyway, but they just had to drop me off at Beach Club. You can give any excuse you like as to why they do it, but this is not even meeting expectations much less exceeding them.

Last edited:

Call it what you like, but it certainly is not this:

“Give the public everything you can give them, keep the place as clean as you can keep it, and keep it friendly.” - Walt Disney

And it is not just this kind of thing. They have been fowling up the whole experience for quite some time. When I worked there the goal was to meet and exceed a guest's expectations. Last time we went I wanted to stay at Yacht and beach, but was going to try and go to Animal Kingdom lodge our fist day for the Sanna bread service. You no longer have to go up to a desk, you can just check in with your phone. Instead of just dropping us of at AKL they still made me go to Yacht Club for god knows what reason. The bus was stopping at AKL anyway, but they just had to drop me off at Beach Club. You can give any excuse you like as to why they do it, but this is not even meeting expectations much less exceeding them.
Most of your posts are negative /critical,sounds like Disney might not be the right vacation for you. You were close to “cancel my entire vacation” in 2018 and again now ,wow sounds like a lot of stress for you, better to cancel ASAP and go somewhere else.

Most of your posts are negative /critical,sounds like Disney might not be the right vacation for you. You were close to “cancel my entire vacation” in 2018 and again now ,wow sounds like a lot of stress for you, better to cancel ASAP and go somewhere else.
I would if not for the fact I have $3000 in credit on my Disney Card. So it is either this or a crap load of merchandise that I don't want. After this vacation I am done with them. And I did end up canceling my vacation there last year because I had it planned (not on purpose, I had it scheduled and than they announced the opening date) for 3 days after Galaxy's edge opened, and I was not going to sit in lines forever. Went to Universal instead, and while not as big they have Disney beat on the quality of the rides. Going on Soar'n is almost insulting now when you compare it to that Harry Potter ride. "Rise of Weekend at Bernies" looks like it might be fun. Throw enough money at it and even horrible movies can make for good rides.

I would if not for the fact I have $3000 in credit on my Disney Card. So it is either this or a crap load of merchandise that I don't want. After this vacation I am done with them. And I did end up canceling my vacation there last year because I had it planned (not on purpose, I had it scheduled and than they announced the opening date) for 3 days after Galaxy's edge opened, and I was not going to sit in lines forever. Went to Universal instead, and while not as big they have Disney beat on the quality of the rides. Going on Soar'n is almost insulting now when you compare it to that Harry Potter ride. "Rise of Weekend at Bernies" looks like it might be fun. Throw enough money at it and even horrible movies can make for good rides.
Gosh, that's sounds dreadful. I would hate to have a free vacation at a place where the shuttle drops you off at the place you reserved a shuttle transfer to, and where not all of the rides are as modern as another vacation resort destination, and where when they do open new rides with the very kind of new technology you want, other people shockingly want to to go too. :charac2:

Back to on topic

there are now adult credits and child credits for all plans. You can no longer use a child credit for an adult meal. That’s the change. This is for all plans all credits except snack credits. Those are still pooled

so if you have all adults in your multiple rooms, this should be fine. If you have children then they are required to only get things from the child’s menu.

Back to on topic

there are now adult credits and child credits for all plans. You can no longer use a child credit for an adult meal. That’s the change. This is for all plans all credits except snack credits. Those are still pooled

so if you have all adults in your multiple rooms, this should be fine. If you have children then they are required to only get things from the child’s menu.
My set up is having 3 people in one room with no kids on the deluxe plan, and 4 people in the other room with the quick service plan with one child. We are staying for 6 nights/7 days which adds up to a total of 9x6 = 54 sit downs, and 6 x 6 = 36 (not counting the kids meals). So, with a total of 7 people going I want to do Hoop Dee Doo which will eat up 12 credits (will pay cash for the child at hoop dee doo) So that leaves the group with 42 credits. That gives everyone an adult meal every day for the remaining 6 days for table service. The 36 counter service meals works out about the same. The child will use his own child credits, and the rest of us will have 1 counter service meal a day for 6 days. That will leave us with 6 kids counter service meals that we can snack on whenever. This works out well for us, plus we get the appetizer.

The child will eat as an adult for table service meals. As far as us eating his extra CS meals... I would love to see how Disney would be able to enforce it. I am willing to bet as long as I go up and order it, and it is available I will get it.

My set up is having 3 people in one room with no kids on the deluxe plan, and 4 people in the other room with the quick service plan with one child. We are staying for 6 nights/7 days which adds up to a total of 9x6 = 54 sit downs, and 6 x 6 = 36 (not counting the kids meals). So, with a total of 7 people going I want to do Hoop Dee Doo which will eat up 12 credits (will pay cash for the child at hoop dee doo) So that leaves the group with 42 credits. That gives everyone an adult meal every day for the remaining 6 days for table service. The 36 counter service meals works out about the same. The child will use his own child credits, and the rest of us will have 1 counter service meal a day for 6 days. That will leave us with 6 kids counter service meals that we can snack on whenever. This works out well for us, plus we get the appetizer.

The child will eat as an adult for table service meals. As far as us eating his extra CS meals... I would love to see how Disney would be able to enforce it. I am willing to bet as long as I go up and order it, and it is available I will get it.

Yes, if you order a child QS meal and pay with a child QS credit, they will give it to you. I don't think you need to prepare to be combative on this front.

I'm confused about your Magical Express statement (I think that is what you were referring to?). If your BC bus was going to AKL as well, there was nothing stopping you from getting off at AKL instead of BC.

Yes, if you order a child QS meal and pay with a child QS credit, they will give it to you. I don't think you need to prepare to be combative on this front.

I'm confused about your Magical Express statement (I think that is what you were referring to?). If your BC bus was going to AKL as well, there was nothing stopping you from getting off at AKL instead of BC.
I asked and they told me I couldn't. No idea why. My biggest concern is Hoop dee doo. You have to make those in advance and pay for them. I am hoping it won't be an issue on the phone to have 12 credits taken off one room, and than me paying cash for the kid.

As far as us eating his extra CS meals... I would love to see how Disney would be able to enforce it. I am willing to bet as long as I go up and order it, and it is available I will get it.

They enforce it by separating them out. You will have 12 kids QS meals and that's the way it will show on your receipt. Once all the adult QS are gone, it won't matter who orders it, you will only get a kid's QS meal.

I asked and they told me I couldn't. No idea why. My biggest concern is Hoop dee doo. You have to make those in advance and pay for them. I am hoping it won't be an issue on the phone to have 12 credits taken off one room, and than me paying cash for the kid.

It has to do with the contract WDW has with MCO in providing both DME and Minnie Van service to WDW guests. It has nothing to do with WDW not wanting to provide good customer service and everything to do with them not wanting to break their contract with MCO. But, again, if you had simply gotten off DME at AKL, no one would have stopped you. The bus drivers don't know where their passengers are staying. They only know which resorts they are driving to to drop people off. Or, you could have used a private car service if the free service WDW provided didn't suit your needs.

They enforce it by separating them out. You will have 12 kids QS meals and that's the way it will show on your receipt. Once all the adult QS are gone, it won't matter who orders it, you will only get a kid's QS meal.

Exactly. The "loophole" is no longer there so guests who pay for a childs plan will now receive children's meals.

IMO, this is not a bad thing. You pay for what you want and you get what you pay for.

Exactly. The "loophole" is no longer there so guests who pay for a childs plan will now receive children's meals.

IMO, this is not a bad thing. You pay for what you want and you get what you pay for.
I have zero issue with getting the remaining 6 children's meals as children's meals. That is what I paid for, and that is what I expect. It would be completely unreasonable for me to expect otherwise. Whatever loophole you guys are talking about is news to me. My point is if my group walks up to the register and orders 6 kid's meals, and the cast member can plainly see we are (almost) all adults that he/she needs to give me the food on my dining plan.

I really don't think that will be an issue. If Disney went full crazy and said only the kid could have it I would get my nephew to go up with his magic band and order the meals for us and just have him say he was REALLY hungry. Than after he gets the food, he decides to share. I really don't see Disney making a scene over an 8 year old wanting to share. Conversely, I hope it will not be a big deal that I use an adult's meal credit on a kid. Economically it does not effect the company at all.

With the Magical Express.... so if I load my luggage on, and get off at a different resort my luggage should still go to my home resort? I would think that it would, but you really don't want to take a chance that you are vacation for a week and have to wear the same clothes you came in with. Sanaa bread service is epic, but not that epic.

I have zero issue with getting the remaining 6 children's meals as children's meals. That is what I paid for, and that is what I expect. It would be completely unreasonable for me to expect otherwise. Whatever loophole you guys are talking about is news to me. My point is if my group walks up to the register and orders 6 kid's meals, and the cast member can plainly see we are (almost) all adults that he/she needs to give me the food on my dining plan.

I really don't think that will be an issue. If Disney went full crazy and said only the kid could have it I would get my nephew to go up with his magic band and order the meals for us and just have him say he was REALLY hungry. Than after he gets the food, he decides to share. I really don't see Disney making a scene over an 8 year old wanting to share. Conversely, I hope it will not be a big deal that I use an adult's meal credit on a kid. Economically it does not effect the company at all.

With the Magical Express.... so if I load my luggage on, and get off at a different resort my luggage should still go to my home resort? I would think that it would, but you really don't want to take a chance that you are vacation for a week and have to wear the same clothes you came in with. Sanaa bread service is epic, but not that epic.

The loophole we are discussing is that previously, all DxDDP credits were pooled. No distinction between childrens or adult credits. A credit was a credit. CS credits on the regular plan were pooled, also no distinction. You can see where this led. That loophole has been closed as of January 1. Kids meals are kids meals. Period.

In terms of ordering 6 kids meals for 6 adults at a CS restaurant, my guess is that the Cm is not going to challenge that. Why not? Order what you want and use the credit to pay for it.

I am not being critical, so please do nto take it that way. I think the reason folks are trying to be specific here is becuase you already seem primed to be upset with your WDW vacation, and because we know that there are changes in how Disney is handling the dining plans, we do not want to add in any way to any surprises you may encounter.

For me, I go into any vacation accepting what the resort is offering for my payment, and understanding that I will abide by their procedures, etc. If I cannot get onboard, I don't go. I know what works for us and what does not, and I never knowingly place myself and my family in a situation that may result in dissatisfaction. My concern for you and your family is that you seem to have booked it because this is the only way to use your CC points. It is not, but that is your choice. (I would take my family to NYC and go to shows or something like that, or use the points on a resort stay in a villa, rent a car, and go to area attractions, skipping DME issues, dining plan issues, all of it.)

Anyway, I hope that you all have fun, and that you do not run into glitches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter