Sharing Fun in the Sun in Aulani (Beach gear swap and share)

My family and I will be staying at Aulani 9/2- 9/9. I am happy to coordinate a person to person exchange. I someone's stay overlaps with mine. My son was hoping for a boogie board.

I hope the snorkels and goggles were still in there! I believe there should also be 2 entertainment books

Wow what a shame! I'm not going anytime soon, but this is such a great idea! Is there anyway someone can persuade them to be a little greener! With everywhere I go anymore all I hear about is going green, and this a great way to contribute to that philosophy. I wonder how many chairs and plastic beach toys get trashed each year, talk about carbon footprint!
The shame is it is not what I would expect from Disney or a DVC property. I'm really disappointed.

:coffee:Me princess:DD6 princess:DD6

We had a big problem again trying to check the bin and the chair with bell services for the next person on the beach swap list. I spoke to Eddie (really nice guy with bell services) and he said management told them they can't hold the bin and chair anymore in the back due to liability issues. I did manage however to talk them into holding it for the next person on the list.:confused3

The suggestion management had was to take the bin to a storage locker and split the fee with everyone involved in the swap. He went as far as to say that is how they handle the swap at Wilderness Lodge?? Not sure what they do.

The only other thing I can think of is to swap it among ourselves but that can't always happen because gaps exist between our vacations.Cheryl:beach:

Cheryl, I just think management does NOT want to be bothered with it, at least that is the feeling I had. Bell services told me it was a food issue and they told it you it was a mold/mildew issue with wet items. That's a shame that it won't continue long term. We had so much fun opening the bin and seeing all the goodies inside.

This is so disappointing :sad2: We don't arrive till August. Where is a storage locker, and for those not renting a car how can they get to it?

At Aulani now and the official word from mgmt. is that only one more person can check out the bin. Once it's checked out, bell services will not accept it back for storage. Based on that, I didn't check it out, opting to leave it for Dsneygirl who started the swap. Bell services say its a lack of storage issue. It's a shame such a good idea won't be able to continue.

We don't have overlapping time with the family after us on the list. Anyone at Aulani June 22nd or morning of the 23rd who can help us keep it going?? If yes, please reply or PM me directly

I am so sad to hear of this. We had no problem with it and everyone there thought it was a good idea.

I know these types of swaps go on at WDW but maybe their facitlies are better equiped...between holding owners lockers, rented strollers, luggage for Magical Express, moving families to different resorts, etc.
:confused3

Any update on this?

We will be there this Saturday and are really hoping to be able to share and pay it forward to the others on the list.

The next person on the list does not arrive til 3 days after we leave, so if anyone is checking in on June 28 or 29 and staying til July 4, let me know so we can keep the swap going!

Mahalo

What a bummer that the Aulani can't store the bag! :sad2: I was just about to add our dates to the list: Oct. 21-27. I wonder if there is a locker at the airport that is big enough? The family would put it in the locker then mail the key to the next person. The family checking it in would take responsibility for the $/or maybe split it with the next family. :confused3

I love this idea! There has to be a solution!

Good news, we were able to store it again with Bell Services until Ggatorgirl arrived a few hours after we had to leave. My husband dropped it off, saying we wanted to leave it for some friends that were arriving in a few hours. The bellman said, you are DVC, right? (with a smirk). He said they would store it since it would ony be for a few hours, but they won't keep it overnight.
So, if we can get folks that overlap or at least depart/arrive the same day, then it looks like we an keep it going.

dsneygirl - it was great to meet you this week. Thanks for starting this swap. Hope you had fun at Disneyland!!!

Current bin contents:
Boogie board (was so fun to use at the North Shore!)
small kickboard
sand toys
beach chair
magazines
entertainment book
non perishables (pasta, popcorn, cooking oil, cooking spray, salt, pepper, spices, coffee)
coffee filters
2 hawaiian grass skirts and shell/coconut tops
tin foil, baggies
laundry detergent
(may be a few more things...)

you too kerickson! I hope you had as amazing a time as we did. We are already dreaming of going back. Disneyland was not at all relaxing after those 9 days, lol.

Strange that they said it was ok to do the swap and now have changed their minds, something must have happened along the way. :confused3

We were able to collect the tote from Bell Services and got a stern lecture about not taking it back. If it does show up with the hotel staff, they will put it in 'Lost & Found'. (which might not be a bad solution...they keep it anyway, but with no 'name' to retrieve it...but it is a very large light blue/gray tote and the contents are what Kim described above, so folks might be able to claim it by describing it.)

Since we are leaving tomorrow June 30, and Leeann is not checking in til July 5th, we are trying to find a new family to take it for a week. Fortunately, today is a pool/resort day, so hopefully we can connect with a new family and keep the sharing going.

ANYBODY AT AULANI NOW??????

Hi,

The next person after me, wont be there until the 14th? Will anyone be at Aulani during this time so that we can keep this going?

Please PM me!

we will be there from the 15th of july till the 28th
one week at aulani and next week down at ko-olina marriott
if you need help in the second week to hold for a couple of days
to pass it on to the next dvc member let me know would be happy
to help

I found a family to take the tote until lymommy arrives, so we don't have to involve Bell Services.

It was interesting to look through the box and we added a frisbee, a snorkel tube, book and a few other things.

Hope others get to continue to enjoy this.

Aloha.

Ggatorgirl said:
I found a family to take the tote until lymommy arrives, so we don't have to involve Bell Services.

It was interesting to look through the box and we added a frisbee, a snorkel tube, book and a few other things.

Hope others get to continue to enjoy this.

Aloha.

Hope you had a wonderful trip!

What a great idea! Please, please add my family (McCaulley) to the list. We will be there from Aug. 17-20. My 10 year old daughter would be thrilled. P.S. This is the first message that I have ever posted. My fingers are crossed that I responded properly. Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter