Sharing Fun in the Sun in Aulani (Beach gear swap and share)

We will be there this May. I guess I'm too late for 2012. But, thanks again for starting this up. It is a great thing you're doing.

Wow, I am SO SO happy that we came across this.
We are 2 adults and an almost 2 year old.

Please add us to the list.

Oct 26th-11/01 , 2012

Cant wait to share more information with you all.

It seems as though there is enough interest that we could have a second swap list (since this one is filling up quick). I can organize it if people would like...

Thank you for setting this up for us all. Our dates are May 7 through 21. Thanks again!

We will be there this May. I guess I'm too late for 2012. But, thanks again for starting this up. It is a great thing you're doing.

It seems as though there is enough interest that we could have a second swap list (since this one is filling up quick). I can organize it if people would like...

We are May 6-13

This May is all full, if Tidefan wants to get #2 started then we might be able to work something out.

We will be there May23-30 and would love to get in on this if you start a second swap. We have 3adults and a 4&6 yo boys

I am alauni now have the beach tub. Disney bell services did not want to hand over. They were informed that the beach swap was no longer to be allowed. They did end up bringing the tub to the room but was told I had to take items home with me or to leave in the room to be disposed of. :sad: well I cannot take items home with me obviously so I have no choice but to leave in the room. We made great use of items. Fantastic idea hate to see it end. Disney world has always been so accommodating with the swaps. I don't understand why they aren't here. Tub is huge along with the chair. Management must view it as a hassle.:sad:

I am alauni now have the beach tub. Disney bell services did not want to hand over. They were informed that the beach swap was no longer to be allowed. They did end up bringing the tub to the room but was told I had to take items home with me or to leave in the room to be disposed of. :sad: well I cannot take items home with me obviously so I have no choice but to leave in the room. We made great use of items. Fantastic idea hate to see it end. Disney world has always been so accommodating with the swaps. I don't understand why they aren't here. Tub is huge along with the chair. Management must view it as a hassle.:sad:

that is too weird! They haven' had to deal with it much.
I know I received it directly from moredisneyplease and I delivered it to Joe7295.
We took it to the North Shore with us and when we came back had bell services take it to our room. The Bellman had seen it before and thought it was the best idea he had ever heard of.

I would suggest talking to them again and see if they will reconsider.

Am leaving now went to bell services desk. Management did not understand how the swaps work. Was uncomfortable with food being left for strangers and tub was left behind sometimes with no name of next person. I am allowed to leave for next person if I leave full name and check in date. So am leaving it for ewebec. He said this should have been okayed with resort first since they r unfamiliar with swaps. He gave me the email to his manager and kindly asked if we could email him explaining how these work and that we r an Internet group. I am leaving for airport now and am only using a kindle fire. Could someone email him for me. Gordon.k.aken@email.Disney.com. thanks

Hopefully this will continue to exist! I need to change my dates a little as our plans changed. My family will be there 12/20 through 12/27. Thanks!

Would love to know if they've decided to let this continue... We have an overlapping trip with other members here 6/21 - 6/28. Not sure how that works if it's first come first serve to sign up or if there's enough to share among familys....

Please let us know if this was worked out Jenn

Aulani Check in 6/21/12 Check out 6/28/12 ... will PM full name if needed.

Well I hope management agrees to the swap. We would like to get in on it if possible, we are booked (!!!) for December 14-21.

I can now post an update on the Beach Swap and I appreciate everyones patience regarding this matter. On Monday the day following our arrival we spoke with Michael Schittone, Guest Service manager :(about the bin and its contents which is still being held by bell services. Management would really like the swap to end as soon as possible, but was not actually stopping my family from being able to have the bin sent to our room. We did not take the bin due to it's size because we have been in a Studio. We move to a 1 bedroom tomorrow and will ask the bin be delivered to our room so can view the contents ourselves.

The issue management has with the bin revolves around liability issues and becoming the responsible party for missing or broken items. Some of the problems that management has had to contend with has been the bin being returned to them with items being wet which can create mold and odors. In addition the bin has become very large in size and management is concerned if people keep adding to it that it will become too large to store at bell services. :confused3

If anyone has any suggestions please post them here. I believe the person who purchased the large bin had good intentions, however this maybe the catylist for managment being upset. Perhaps downsizing to a smaller bin and only swapping what is actually in the bin and not larger items that don't fit in the bin such as the boogie board and the beach chair could be one idea.

Please let me know your thoughts and I will post what is in the bin tomorrow.:scratchin

Thanks,
Cheryl

Hi Cheryl!

I wouldn't hold mgmt. responsible for any broken items any more than I'd hold the previous users responsible. I hope no one else would either. It's not like we have paid for these items and the ones that did were willing to give them away. As for as liability issues, do you think that is mostly with regard to food items. If so, perhaps those can be removed. I like the idea of the boogie board and beach chair because those are larger, more expensive items that shouldn't wear out during one person's vacation. It seems so wasteful to buy something and use it for a few days and throw it away. Do you think mgmt. is just tired of bringing the same bin back and forth? Or, are there items that take away from revenue being spent at Aulani?

As far as items being wet, I will be anxious to see if you notice any dampness or mustiness. If so, now that we know that is an issue, then all of us in the swap needs to make sure everything is dry so as not to jeopardize the swap for the remaining ones.

Could the items be split between 2 bins so 2 different families could use them? Or do we have enough families to utilize both tubs without long periods between? Just thoughts....

Thanks for your diligence in handling this matter while you are there.

Hi Donna,

Thank so much for your input. We found some good stuff in the bin and some interesting items in the bin. We found sand toys, a boogie board and a beach chair! Good stuff. An entertainment book, a fridge pack of soda and also lots of pasta along with spices, popcorn, etc.
It might be a good idea to put the stuff in 2 smaller bins but I don't think that is the issue. It doesn't seem food is an issue either, just the liability issue. I also want to mention that some of the bell service guys like the swap and don't mind storing it or passing it along. I believe managment wants one of us dissers to put the caboche on the swap and I don't want to be that person. It really is a great idea! I am very interested in what you think of the contents when you arrive next week.
Aulani is amazing and hope you and your family have a great time. I have five more days and plan to make the most if it. :yay::rotfl:

Cheryl

That really is too bad that it didn't work out. :( Maybe if people are overlapping they can just pass off any items (chair etc) to the next person and leave bell services out of it.

It's frustrating too that there were no issues the first 2 months. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter