• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sharing CS meals

striker3636

Gets visits from Tinkerbell at n
DD14 and I are coming in March for a girls trip (woohoo), and plan to share some meals as we are not big eaters and are trying to keep the food spending in check. What are your favourite CS meals in any park that are big enough for 2 light appetites to share? We want to enjoy a wide range of food, trying for healthy when we can, rather than splitting a burger and fries type meals all the time. We're looking for lunch and dinner suggestions. Do you have any favs to recommend?

For a healthy CS meal that would be easy to share, I think of the awesome salads we ate. My favorite was the antipasto salad at Pizza Planet, but that's closed now. The Asian Chicken salad and the Salmon Quinoa salad at ABC Commissary were both delicious and enough to share for light eaters. I remember us sharing a cupcake there as well. I see the Asian Chicken salad is still on the menu at ABC, but the salmon one may be seasonal.

I like the Tangerine Cafe in Epcot, their platters are lovely and shareable- also Columbia Harbor House in MK has sandwiches and sides and soups that are easily shared. AK has Flame Tree BBQ, which is shareable also

At Be Our Guest (CS lunch)my 18 year old daughter and I each got soup (french onion and potato leek), split the roast pork meal and each had a cupcake. We still didn't finish anything! At Columbia Harbor House we have split the fish and chicken tenders and had plenty of food for two

I didn't expect to like Pecos Bill two weeks ago, but five of us shared two sizable chicken/rice bowls. They're not even on the menu, but they have them if you ask for it.

Sunshine seasons has lots of interesting shareable items, and DD13, DD9 and I shared the nachos in Mexico last week. Several places have half chicken meals that are definitely shareable (sometimes with ribs, too).

My DD and I share lots of CS meals at Disney. In the hot weather, especially, we don't want a lot to eat.
If we're at DAK, we always go to the Yak & Yeti Local Foods and share the honey chicken plus a side of fried rice. Okay, I get a beer too! And honestly, we cannot finish this! One time we also got egg rolls - oh big mistake we were so full and threw some out!
I agree that Morocco in Epcot has platters that sharing we cannot finish! We were on the (free) quick service dining plan last August, and shared a lot and ended up taking home a ton of candy and other snacks! We got the combo lamb & chicken platter there and it was so filling. I like the vegetarian platter there!
Speaking of BOG, since we were on the dining plan, we each ordered our own meals. I got the French Onion Soup and Roast Beef sandwich (and soft drink). She got the Potato Leek Soup and the Croque Monsieur (and soft drink). They let us switch soup for dessert. Verdict: my soup and sandwich was amazing; hers were both just okay not great at all. And, we couldn't even come close to eating half our food! We both agree we'd go back and share the French Onion Soup and roast beef sandwich. And drink water - we don't do a lot of soft drinks, but it was included so we got lemonade.

We're also going again in March! Getting there a couple days' prior to DH (and doing Pop again) then moving to AKV for a week over Easter! So for 2 days we'll be likely sharing CS meals, then I actually will be cooking breakfasts every day (already ordered from GG) and noshing around the Flower & Garden Festival a bit!

My DD and I share lots of CS meals at Disney. In the hot weather, especially, we don't want a lot to eat.
If we're at DAK, we always go to the Yak & Yeti Local Foods and share the honey chicken plus a side of fried rice. Okay, I get a beer too! And honestly, we cannot finish this! One time we also got egg rolls - oh big mistake we were so full and threw some out!
I agree that Morocco in Epcot has platters that sharing we cannot finish! We were on the (free) quick service dining plan last August, and shared a lot and ended up taking home a ton of candy and other snacks! We got the combo lamb & chicken platter there and it was so filling. I like the vegetarian platter there!
Speaking of BOG, since we were on the dining plan, we each ordered our own meals. I got the French Onion Soup and Roast Beef sandwich (and soft drink). She got the Potato Leek Soup and the Croque Monsieur (and soft drink). They let us switch soup for dessert. Verdict: my soup and sandwich was amazing; hers were both just okay not great at all. And, we couldn't even come close to eating half our food! We both agree we'd go back and share the French Onion Soup and roast beef sandwich. And drink water - we don't do a lot of soft drinks, but it was included so we got lemonade.

We're also going again in March! Getting there a couple days' prior to DH (and doing Pop again) then moving to AKV for a week over Easter! So for 2 days we'll be likely sharing CS meals, then I actually will be cooking breakfasts every day (already ordered from GG) and noshing around the Flower & Garden Festival a bit!
Wholeheartedly agree about the French Onion Soup! It is actually hearty enough that I thinkI could actually make a meal of it (and my lemon meringue cupcake ;) ). Yak & Yeti QS I have shared two orders of Honey chicken and some fried rice and egg rolls with three teen girls. Another (not QS but TS) that is easily sharable is Y&Y. Amy and I each ordered side orders of fried rice, split an order of veggie lo mein and split the potstickers for lunch. Again, a ton of food. Any non all you can eat table service will let you split food. I've shared the turkey sandwich at Sci Fi and also shared just appetizers there once. She also at 19 still orders the kids meal at Sci Fi (burger, Fries, tomato soup and kids sundae) They bring her a regular sized soda.

Also shared breakfast at Captain Cooks in December, Amy got the kids Mickey waffle meal and I had the bounty platter and she shared everything. More than enough food

Wholeheartedly agree about the French Onion Soup! It is actually hearty enough that I thinkI could actually make a meal of it (and my lemon meringue cupcake ;) ). Yak & Yeti QS I have shared two orders of Honey chicken and some fried rice and egg rolls with three teen girls. Another (not QS but TS) that is easily sharable is Y&Y. Amy and I each ordered side orders of fried rice, split an order of veggie lo mein and split the potstickers for lunch. Again, a ton of food. Any non all you can eat table service will let you split food. I've shared the turkey sandwich at Sci Fi and also shared just appetizers there once. She also at 19 still orders the kids meal at Sci Fi (burger, Fries, tomato soup and kids sundae) They bring her a regular sized soda.

I have to agree with Sci Fi! You could eat table service there for the same cost as CS. My DD and I could have easily shared a sandwich there. They are huge and very good! It's such a cute place.

Also my DD still often orders from the kids menu there. She can't eat a lot (has a lot of medical issues; now uses a wheelchair at Disney).

Sci Fi is a super fun place to eat! It's her favorite!

The sandwiches at France are pretty big. If you aren't big eaters you could also both order kids meals. I eat almost all kids meals for breakfast and when we eat at CS, I'm not a big eater and to tell you the truth, I'm often not able to finish those. For table service I usually order an appetizer and soup or salad as my meal. The Cobb Salad at The Brown Derby is very big. I get the appetizer one and still can't eat the whole thing. My son and I once shared a turkey leg at Epcot and couldn't finish the whole thing between the two of us and he is a grown man. I often just use snacks at some of the countries in Epcot as a meal and can't always finish them.

DD14 and I are coming in March for a girls trip (woohoo), and plan to share some meals as we are not big eaters and are trying to keep the food spending in check. What are your favourite CS meals in any park that are big enough for 2 light appetites to share? We want to enjoy a wide range of food, trying for healthy when we can, rather than splitting a burger and fries type meals all the time. We're looking for lunch and dinner suggestions. Do you have any favs to recommend?
When in March will you be there and where are you staying? Amy and I will be at WL March 11-15 for her college Spring Break. I have ADR's made for each day but we will still tend to share wit the exception of "Ohana, which doesn't allow it. Another TS that's pretty inexpensive and has huge portions is The Plaza in Magic Kingdom. We ate there for the first time last month and she had the meatloaf meal and I had a reuben. We could have easily shared both of them as a meal for two except she would never try a reuben (she doesn't like mayo, mustard, ketchup,). They also have a club sandwich that is huge there too. We also find that if we share it leaves us with room to split a Dole Whip or pretzel too :D

Cosmic Ray's at MK also has meals like half a rotisserie chicken with ribs and AK has Flame Tree BBQ with large portions too. At Les Chefs de France the Fixed price lunch is shareable, french onion soup, croque monsieur, creme brûlée. We've also shared at signature restaurants like Yachtsman Steakhouse. Back many years ago there was a restaurant at Contemporary Resort called Concourse Steakhouse. Hubby and I would get the steak (NY strip I believe) and share with the girls. they were so sweet there, they would even split the meal in the kitchen and plate separately so that they felt like they were getting their own meals.

We are coming just after you, rcraw, Mar 14-21. We're staying offsite for the first time, just couldn't get an onsite deal to fit in the budget. That's ok, though, at least we're coming ! Last time we came, we stayed at WL too and loved it and being on the dining plan. Before that, we camped at FW and ate breakfast and dinner there, so planning most lunches and dinners at the parks is a little new for me. We spent several days at Mk so hopping on the boat back for a little break and dinner when the kids were little was great and easy. Those were the days when we were able to come for 10 days during 'low season'! Now we're stuck with school breaks!

You've made lots of great suggestions! I hadn't thought much about sharing at a TS- it's good to know lots of places are open to it!

We are coming just after you, rcraw, Mar 14-21. We're staying offsite for the first time, just couldn't get an onsite deal to fit in the budget. That's ok, though, at least we're coming ! Last time we came, we stayed at WL too and loved it and being on the dining plan. Before that, we camped at FW and ate breakfast and dinner there, so planning most lunches and dinners at the parks is a little new for me. We spent several days at Mk so hopping on the boat back for a little break and dinner when the kids were little was great and easy. Those were the days when we were able to come for 10 days during 'low season'! Now we're stuck with school breaks!

You've made lots of great suggestions! I hadn't thought much about sharing at a TS- it's good to know lots of places are open to it!

The only places that I know for certain will not allow it are the all you care to eat ones and I've heard that I believe Via Napoli is rather rude. We've never eaten there so I can't say. We have done the dining plan twice and it just doesn't work for the way my family eats. I'm not a dessert eater (except for those darn cupcakes at Be Our Guest) and I will often share meals with one of our girls. My husband always felt like we were being forced to eat more than we wanted and we always had snacks (and often CS meals) left over at the end. At least we could stock up on snacks to take home. When I do the math I am always saving by not doing DDP. And give me a decent room only discount instead of free dining at rack rate any day. With both of our girls being adults now we are also hit with the extra adult surcharge on rooms. And the passsholder rates aren't even as good as they used to be either so don't feel bad about being offsite. We are lucky to be within driving distance so I don't have to factor in airfare either

Fairfax Fare at the Studios. You can get the BBQ chicken (1/2 chicken) to share or the chicken and ribs. Both come with baked beans and cole slaw and you can order extra sides if you want. Or just have ice cream later :)

At Epcot, my husband and I will graze on the orange chicken and add an order of pot stickers to it. Then we share everything.

I would suggest Starring Rolls Café at DHS. The sandwiches are quite big. For lunch though because they close early. Columbia Harbor House at MK and share the fish or fish and chicken combo. At Epcot I would try Sunshine Seasons or La Kringla at Norway, they have sharable sandwiches and great desserts. At AK I would try Yak and Yeti CS or Flame Tree Barbeque.

Sharing meals is great, but I also do the kids meals. The packets of food are easy to put in your pocket for a snack later. And some places have kids meals that aren't just burgers...tuna sandwich, wraps, nuggets, mac & cheese, etc... You just have to look around. They are great size for not feeling over stuffed!

But I love Tangerine Café in Epcot to share a platter!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter