• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shareholding for USA residents

m4travel

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
I note that one must have a UK bank account to open an account with Selftrade.

Is there anyone who has followed this process from the US?

m4travel ... I was able to successfully purchase 2000 shares of ERDBF through my TDAmeritrade account. It took about a month after I put the bid in until the sale went through. PM me if you have any more questions.

I really hope the share price goes up soon!

Thanks, Mikelan6, for the good news. After I found that it's traded thru the NYSE, too, I was able to check it on U.S. websites. As you probably know, the brokerage firm mentioned on the other thread required a UK bank account, which I closed several years ago. Ameritrade had the lower required funding amount, so opened an account this morning. As it is the weekend, the electronic funding will probably happen this week and then we'll be ready to buy our Euro Disney stock.

As to the stock price, I'm hoping that it remains low at least until our purchase is complete - then it can hit the ceiling!!! It's certainly not an investment; we're buying only to be able to join the Shareholder's Club.

Although we've not yet been to DLP, we have friends in the UK who keep insisting that we must visit, and it would seem an obvious thing to wrap the two into the same transatlantic flight. So, probably within 2 years we'll make the trek. As a government employee in California, I have very limited vacation time (10 days/yr to be used both for vacations and sick leave). We love our vacations and try to make it to both Cabo San Lucas/Puerto Vallarte and WDW/DCL each year. Doesn't leave much time for other trips! We do plan ahead, and are waiting for the DCL 2009 dates to open to book a family extravaganza at WDW including a short DCL cruise, so 2010 seems more likely.

Our plan to purchase 2000 shares should allow us to renew membership in the SC beyond the initial 2 year period without additional fees (at least that's what I'm hoping), so if it's 2010 before we get there, we should still be members. [Does anyone know if that's correct, or do I need to wait until I've got the share certificate in my hot little hands and talk to SC directly for that answer?]

As I've never used a brokerage before, I may need to PM you with some questions about filling out the order to buy....:confused3

Thanks, Mikelan6, for the good news. After I found that it's traded thru the NYSE, too, I was able to check it on U.S. websites.

I seem to remember that Euro Disney SCA filed to have its stock removed from NYSE as there was so little trading. Worth cheching this with your broker/bank :)

I seem to remember that Euro Disney SCA filed to have its stock removed from NYSE as there was so little trading. Worth cheching this with your broker/bank :)

The info I found mentioned that it had entered the NYSE only in 2006. I am hoping that it will still be there now in 2007. My broker's website does have a quote for it; perhaps that's a good sign?

Will find the website than mentioned NYSE/Euro Disney and see if I can follow up on that.

Here is the link to the press release, as I was beginning to think I'd made it up in my head.

Let us know how you get on :)

Well, your were right, Cyrano; that was short-lived, wasn't it? However, my broker is supposed to be able to deal with the Paris stock market through NYSE Euronext, so hope springs eternal.

The brokerage account funded Monday morning and I tried to buy the stock using several tools on their website. Finally got an error message that I could not yet use my account to purchase a non-marginable security.

The stock is considered an OTCBB (over-the-counter bulletin board) stock and is a non-marginable security (no funds may be borrowed on this type of stock). Since I funded my account with an electronic transfer of funds there is only a 3-day waiting period to buy non-marginable securities as opposed to a 6-day period if funded by check.

I'll give it a try later this week. I'm determined to make this purchase!

Marc

I'd promised an update: It took a few false starts, but figured out how to use the brokerage website.

After my first bid was 'rejected by the market,' I decided to up the offer. Was a little confused by the fact that the stock is traded in Euros and my brokerage uses Dollars, so did some calculations and figured out the Dollar equivalent for the Euro price I'd be willing to pay. This seems to have been the key to success.

Posted that this morning after finding my previous offer from Friday rejected, and now own 2000 shares of EDRBF! Paid $0.14USD which is roughly equivalent to 0.099EUR [and less than the amount I was willing to pay]. No wonder the market rejected my first offer!

Now to figure out what the Shareholders Club needs from us to show we own the stock. The brokerage will obtain a stock certificate for me, but it's $50 (35EUR), and I'd rather not spend that if I don't have to.

Excellent result so far :)

Have you a copy of the transaction that has the brokers letterhead that you could sent? As the shareholders club may accept that as evidence of share ownership :)

Excellent result so far :)

Have you a copy of the transaction that has the brokers letterhead that you could sent? As the shareholders club may accept that as evidence of share ownership :)

Thanks, Cyrano. I believe that I must wait until the end of the trading day to even get a printout from the brokerage's website. Although the Offers section of the site shows that it was successful (and my account balance reflects the trade), there is no transaction history available yet. They have an actual office not too far from home. I suppose I could ask them for a printout on their letterhead if that might work.

I'll write to the SC and see what they advise.

Congratulations on getting the shares!

The Shareholders Club did not need a certificate from me to let me join. They just needed a statement from the account and that was it. Very easy.

I am looking at purchasing shares as well. I've opened an account with TD Ameritrade and the only stock ticker I can find for Eurodisney SCA is EUDSF. I was under the impression they traded under EDL. Can anyone comfirm for me which is the correct ticker symbol to use when purchasing shares from the USA? If anyone has a better option that I could use, other than TD Ameritrade , I would be open to that as well. Thanks for your help in advance.

I recently purchased 25 shares through Scottrade. I had to call the local office, and they arranged the trade -- it couldn't be done online. But it can be done! The symbol is EUDSF. I faxed in the information to the Shareholder's Club when I got the statement confirming the purchase. I now have my Shareholder's Club ID #, and waiting for the actual card. I've already used the ID # to make a reservation for our upcoming trip in May. :thumbsup2

I bought my 20 shares through my regular Merrill Lynch account. My broker is used to my Disney addiction so he (almost) didn't bat an eye when I told him I needed to buy Disneyland stock just to join the shareholders' club.

I never got any confirmation from Disney after I faxed and mailed all of my information until yesterday when the shareholder membership card showed up in my mailbox.

Welcome to the club:thumbsup2 I hope you have fun using the benefits:goodvibes

We bought our shares before the reorganization under ERDBF, but I believe that EUDSF is the new ticker symbol.

And we used TD Ameritrade. They are fine, but if you can find a broker who trades on the Paris stock exchange I would think that would be more fun. Ameritrade got us the stock and their fees are low. I think E-Trade trades on the Paris exchange. DLP had traded on the American stock exchange at one time but had withdrawn before we made our purchase.

It looks like we'll be aiming for a visit to DLP possibly at the end of 2009. The folks on this board were very helpful both at the time of purchase and when we went through the reverse split. DLP sends all our information (and perhaps it was because my partner and I have french last names) but it is all in french - which I have not spoken since college, lo these many years ago!

I never got any confirmation from Disney after I faxed and mailed all of my information until yesterday when the shareholder membership card showed up in my mailbox.

I should add that the information I got came only after I had emailed Disney to confirm they'd received my faxed information. Still waiting for the card. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter