Shareholder - Idiot Guide to Required Action?

:) I have this afternoon sold the 'writes' of my 20 shares, after commission/exchange rate I have £19.39 in my Halifax account. I still have my 20 EDL shares which are now valued at £18.70 At least I have a few pounds and my 20 EDL shares, you never know they may one day be worth something and I still own a very, very small piece of the Magic.

Attachments

• smile[1].gif
    smile[1].gif
    93 bytes · Views: 0
Thank you for the advice Ware Bears, maybe you should start charging commision for your advice. lol
Thank you but I can't take the credit - I was originally going to do absolutely nothing!! but picked up on a couple of things that others had written in this thread. Love this DLP board for the way we all help each other out. :disrocks:

Another big thank you to Ware Bears. I have got 25 shares and was going to do nothing but am now £28 better off and like everyone else, the best bit is that I still own that tiny bit of the magic!

For my clarification - it's the EDLDS holding which is the rights option that we can sell. The EDL holding is a existing, regular shares?.

Correct?.

Thanks

Iain.

Thanks for this, I have just sold 90 of my rights with Halifax. I hold the other 10 with Societe General and have left those ones as it is more complicated.

I will maybe look at buying more again once its all settled and he plan is in place

Thanks for this, I have just sold 90 of my rights with Halifax. I hold the other 10 with Societe General and have left those ones as it is more complicated.

I will maybe look at buying more again once its all settled and he plan is in place
Nikki, some of my shares are held with them also and it was just as easy to sell the rights with them as it was with Halifax. I did it all online, the rights are called DROIT PREFERENTIEL DE SOUSCRIPTION EURO DISNEY and I just completed a 'sale order' under 'operations'. You just need to make sure you have your BIC/SWIFT code and IBAN in your 'personal informations' section so they can transfer the money, you can get this from your bank statement and I only got charged €1 brokerage fees so extremely reasonable!

Just a quick note I sold my rights on Monday and just checked my halifax account and I can now transfer the money to my bank account, it takes up to 3 working days to clear, so it may be in the bank for weekend.

Nikki, some of my shares are held with them also and it was just as easy to sell the rights with them as it was with Halifax. I did it all online, the rights are called DROIT PREFERENTIEL DE SOUSCRIPTION EURO DISNEY and I just completed a 'sale order' under 'operations'. You just need to make sure you have your BIC/SWIFT code and IBAN in your 'personal informations' section so they can transfer the money, you can get this from your bank statement and I only got charged €1 brokerage fees so extremely reasonable!

Thanks will have a look at doing that :) just need to find my password for online

hi, can someone have a look at mine, as I'm confused now... I had 100 shares and we have decided to buy extra 150 to keep as didnt have extra cash to buy whole 900 and wasnt sure about timing and if it worth with 2 transaction fee to sell them...so logged today to withdraw whatever £ are left as transfer more just in case and now have 2 different shares with a different amount:headache:

2nh0uif.png

netimka, the line with EDL are our original shares and the second line with EDLDS are the rights to the preferential ones. Did you buy your extra 150 under the rights issue?

I really think the best thing would be for you to phone the Halifax and speak to them ..... and asap as the deadline for dealing with the rights is tomorrow.

Hi all,

I am soo confused with this shares malarkey! Can I ask a really silly question? I only had 5 measly shares (lost my chance of being a member when they upped it!) and had an email to say i could buy 45 more. I have done that so now have 50 shares. I'm not going to sell them as I want a little piece of Disney to pass to my daughters. If you buy your shares and don't sell them back, can you still sell your "rights"? Is that what everyone is talking about? I've had a look on my halfax share dealing site and cannot see where this option is....

Sorry if this is a stupid question :-)

Nicky x

just logged to my account now to call them and the EDLDS is gone so quickly rang halifax and was told they have sold them on my behalf -the remaining right to buy -(as I only bought extra 150 and its 17% of what I could and thats why there is this 83 there), the guy on the phone couldn't tell me for how much there were sold but I will get something so need to just keep logging back and see when the whole process is finish... so will get something thats good as was worried I loosed out and now we have 250 shares and hopefully in some years time we might get something from them if now we just own few more bricks:daisy: think I got it now lol

Ah I think I get it then, so your rights are to sell if you haven't bought your maximum allowance? So no need for me to make my brain hurt then...

On a lighter note, I've been prowling this site for years for fab info (going back to DLP in June for 5 time!). How do I add the little ticker at the bottom for a countdown? :-)

Just a quick note I sold my rights on Monday and just checked my halifax account and I can now transfer the money to my bank account, it takes up to 3 working days to clear, so it may be in the bank for weekend.

That's my money from selling my rights cleared in my bank now. So what am I going to do today... Book dlp for nov

Hi Everyone! Can anyone let me know- My step-dad bought shares for me years ago on the 1st float ( 1000 I think) as a Christmas gift ( like most people I just wanted a little bit of the magic, not for investing purposes) I joined the share holders club which lasted about 2 years. Then I moved to France, they lost touch of my contact details and before I knew it, years later, the re-capitalisation had happened- I did NOTHING ( I know, I know...) and the certificates sat at the bottom of the cupboard until I found it two weeks ago. i am back in the UK now. So..have I lost out now, are they null and void?? Thanks for your help....

That's my money from selling my rights cleared in my bank now. So what am I going to do today... Book dlp for nov
Good idea! :thumbsup2 I'm going to spend mine at DL in the summer!
On a lighter note, I've been prowling this site for years for fab info (going back to DLP in June for 5 time!). How do I add the little ticker at the bottom for a countdown? :-)
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: hope you'll continue to join in on here. :goodvibes

If you google countdown tickers you'll get lots of sites come up - there's our own DIStickers, tickerfactory, magical kingdoms to name a few, I'm using My Vacation countdown for mine. Create your ticker then copy the format and post it in your signature - you'll find this by clicking on your user name in the heading. Hope I've made it clear enough, if not there always used to be tutorials in the Tech Forum although I'm not sure how relevant they will be now that the boards have moved house. Looking forward to seeing it in your signature! :donald:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter