Share your "Persistence Pays Off" Stories here!

KristenFNJ

Mouseketeer
Along with many, I'm having lots of trouble getting ADRs. Though my situation is slightly different as we just decided to take a trip in early November, and I missed the 180 mark, I'm on the "Hurry Up and Wait" train with all the 180+10-ers who haven't found what they wanted.

I know I've gotten ADRs closer to my trip than this, I know that others have too. I also realize that no one else's success story has any correlation to my potential success. :D

But during this Lather-Rinse-Repeat period of re-trying in hopes that the planets will align and the moon will be in the 7th house, and that elusive ADR will magically open up, ANY ENCOURAGEMENT HELPS!

Please share your stories of rising above the ADR storm and getting that coveted ressie! I need to know it ain't over till it's over!:wizard:

In January we booked a spring break trip for March (around 70 days out). I was able to get Tomorrowland dessert party around the 60 day mark (the seats were a pretty good view); I knew it had switched to a 180 day reservation but tried every day and some appeared at the 60 day. I also got CRT lunch and Akershus lunch no problem. And around 2 weeks before the trip I got a Crystal Palace 8:05 am (pre-rope drop).
A lot seemed to open closer to the trip. It was a pretty crowded spring break week also.

I think there is hope!

Our arrival day for the May trip, literally on the MDE bus, I booked our pre park CRT breakfast for 4. I had been looking EVERY SINGLE DAY since we booked our trip and was super excited to get it as it was one of our favorites!

I booked for our summer vacation 90 days out and did not start planning ADR's until 60 days out. I was able to get CRT, BOG, H&V Fantasmic, Akershus, and Tomorrowland fireworks desert party.

Persistence does pay off.

I booked late Jan for our trip coming up on Monday, on a whim, not knowing a single thing about visiting WDW. Once I started figuring it out I kept trying and now we have BOG, CRT, TTDP and a pre-RD CP. They were all booked at different times just from checking over and over again and all great times and for a party 8 :) We have some other great ones that we're looking forward too. Good luck & pixie dust!!

I booked in mid May for a spontaneous trip in Oct - missing my 180 mark.

We knew we wanted to do Ohana breakfast and BOG dinner - Tomorrowland Dessert Party would be extra.

Scored reservations instantly with Ohana but I had to stalk the website for BOG. When I say stalk I mean stalk. I would check when I woke up, several times during work, when I got home, before and after dinner, and before bed.

Luckily I picked off an early dinner (430) but I'm going to continue to hunt for a later time.

Still on the hunt for the dessert party but if I don't get it then so be it.

I did not book or even think about doing any ADR's until after my 60 day window came and passed. My brother is a Disney veteran but his touring style does not really include many ADR's so he never really steered me in that direction when he introduced me to planning my trip. After getting on thi site and deciding to do ADR's I got to work but quickly realized some things just were not very likely to happen because of how far out they book and how far behind the 8 ball I was. I am by no means batting 1.000 but I have in the last month gotten a Chef Mickeys that I wanted so my kids could meet the fab five. It was not available around my schedule but luckily picked up EXACTLY what I needed from someone who coordinated the release on the June Facebook group with me. I also got the Fantasmic! dinner package for my family just last week by some stroke of luck when I logged in for a few days in a row there was one there and I grabbed it with a huge smile on my face because F! is definitely something I have been wanting my family to experience on its first trip to WDW ever. Now I know that we will not have to be at mercy of the crowd for our seats next week it is "taken care of" :cool1: The topper on it all is that just this morning while looking and hoping for a Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party drop I stumbled into a Cinderellas Royal Table that I really was not expecting to have the slightest ability to get being 2 days away from the MK. I was just going to go and hope maybe my little princess can enjoy most of the park and not realize the princesses she is missing if we were not going to be able to get her in standby somewhere to meet one or two of them. Now I know for a fact and a even greater surprise that she will meet at least 5 of them and get to go inside the castle which I already know she is going to want to do. She is crazy about the princesses right now and watches their movies constantly. I went in not knowing much but hope I can come out the other side being the awesome dad who planned the trip that will give them the times of their lives that I never had as a kid growing up. It is also my very first trip to Disney so even though the plans were made with my little ones in mind, there will be no doubt as to who the biggest kid will be :yay:

Just this morning, after searching multiple times a day I was able to pick-up a perfectly timed Ohana breakfast for mid-November. Even better, the time hadn't been available when I checked, and I hit the search button again - mostly out of exasperation - and when the page reloaded, there it was :)

I booked in mid May for a spontaneous trip in Oct - missing my 180 mark.

Still on the hunt for the dessert party but if I don't get it then so be it.

Try closer to your trip date. I was able to get one a day or two ago for our trip next week. With the 5 day cancellation, you will have better chance closer to the cancellation date.

I did not book or even think about doing any ADR's until after my 60 day window came and passed. My brother is a Disney veteran but his touring style does not really include many ADR's so he never really steered me in that direction when he introduced me to planning my trip. After getting on thi site and deciding to do ADR's I got to work but quickly realized some things just were not very likely to happen because of how far out they book and how far behind the 8 ball I was. I am by no means batting 1.000 but I have in the last month gotten a Chef Mickeys that I wanted so my kids could meet the fab five. It was not available around my schedule but luckily picked up EXACTLY what I needed from someone who coordinated the release on the June Facebook group with me. I also got the Fantasmic! dinner package for my family just last week by some stroke of luck when I logged in for a few days in a row there was one there and I grabbed it with a huge smile on my face because F! is definitely something I have been wanting my family to experience on its first trip to WDW ever. Now I know that we will not have to be at mercy of the crowd for our seats next week it is "taken care of" :cool1: The topper on it all is that just this morning while looking and hoping for a Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party drop I stumbled into a Cinderellas Royal Table that I really was not expecting to have the slightest ability to get being 2 days away from the MK. I was just going to go and hope maybe my little princess can enjoy most of the park and not realize the princesses she is missing if we were not going to be able to get her in standby somewhere to meet one or two of them. Now I know for a fact and a even greater surprise that she will meet at least 5 of them and get to go inside the castle which I already know she is going to want to do. She is crazy about the princesses right now and watches their movies constantly. I went in not knowing much but hope I can come out the other side being the awesome dad who planned the trip that will give them the times of their lives that I never had as a kid growing up. It is also my very first trip to Disney so even though the plans were made with my little ones in mind, there will be no doubt as to who the biggest kid will be :yay:

I just got a Crystal Palace breakfast two days from now too. I hope that means we will not be in the crush of people fighting down Main street ::yes::

trip with 1 week notice (late may): BOG dinner, Pre Park opening CP, Fireworks Cali Grill. Could have gotten CRT but the people I was with didn't want it.

trip with 3 weeks notice (mid october): Chef Mickey's Dinner, CRT breakfast, CP pre park opening breakfast, CP dinner on halloween party night, Fireworks Cali Grill, Fireworks Narccoosses, Wishes Dessert Party, Spirit of Aloha dinner show.

I did pretty well these last two trips haha

Just this morning, after searching multiple times a day I was able to pick-up a perfectly timed Ohana breakfast for mid-November. Even better, the time hadn't been available when I checked, and I hit the search button again - mostly out of exasperation - and when the page reloaded, there it was :)

THIS... is my dream come true! :cool1:

These stories are awesome!! One week? MORNING OF? You Dis-ers Rock the ADR world! I'm feeling very optimistic!!!

I was able to score a reservation for Chef Mickeys one day in advance in April.

Shortly after we came home we decided to book a trip in September. I have been able to get every reservation I wanted. Even BOG. I had to stalk the dining page for that one for a couple of weeks.

Has anyone ever had any luck getting a Chef Mickey's breakfast? I'm going in September and got a Chef Mickey's Dinner reservation but we would prefer to do the breakfast buffet. I need some motivation to keep searching 100 times a day!

My family decided to book our trip to Disney last minute. I had pretty much written off BOG and decided to focus on the Tomorrowland Dessert party, even though that's just as bad in regards to securing an ADR.

Like many of the posts recommend before me, I check for a reservation whenever I think about it. I just happened to look at a BOG reservation and was able to make one for 4 at 4:45 PM the week I'm down there.

Sometimes being a stalker pays off. ;)

Happy ADR searching, my friends!

Scored reservations instantly with Ohana but I had to stalk the website for BOG. When I say stalk I mean stalk. I would check when I woke up, several times during work, when I got home, before and after dinner, and before bed.

This is what I do too. I was able to get CP breakfast last week so I'm very happy about that but I would like to book better times for that and Ohana. And get Garden Grille. And I call once a week regarding BBB. Fingers crossed more frees up at the 45 day mark! Happy stalking, y'all!

I finally scored CRT last night! We missed it at our 180 day mark, we didn't realize to book it asap since it will be our first trip. We are so excited! Now only if we could get BOG! I swear I live on MDE these days trying to get the elusive BOG reservation! :rotfl:

Thanks to these awesome boards, I was able to score a CRT for our September trip. I'm hoping for a better time (not sure our 3 year old will still be pleasant after fireworks), but this is the child who sucks in her breath when she sees the castle before a movie. I think she'll be in awe meeting Cinderella. It does pay to be a stalker!

Still keeping our fingers crossed for Chef Mickey, but we have Park Fare as a backup. Thank you so much to this community!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter