Share your funniest pre-cruise dream/nightmare...

Vanvmom

Where was I going?
I had the strangest dream last night. Let me preface by saying that our cruise is still 6 months away, and on another note, I'd also recommend not eating an In-N-Out burger an hour before bedtime (in case it helped bring about my odd nightmare).

Dream starts with our family and friends boarding the Magic for a 7 Night Cruise. We had early seating for dinner, and for some reason they had tables set up in the hallways outside the atrium and we were eating dinner there instead of in one of the main dining rooms. Odd to get dresses up to eat in the hallway. Strange new rotations for dining times too. We had our salad and appetizers, then were excused from the tables for 30 minutes so that the late diners could come eat their salads and appetizers. When we returned for our main course, they brought out large pans of lasagna and served everyone a portion. I had a glass of red wine with my meal, and for some reason it turned my teeth a pretty shade of purple. So, after the meal I decided to go to my cabin to brush my teeth and discovered that I had failed to pack the entire toiletry bag (no deoderant, toothpaste/brush, etc.) and we had an entire sea day to go before we would reach a port that I could go into to purchase more necessities.
Then the captain announces that we will be making a brief and immediate stop in Catalina (yes, that small island off of the CA coast). It was night, but I thought "cool, I'll go buy what I need. I've been to Catalina before and know where the stores are." So, I (with a bunch of strangers) get off the boat, and I start looking for a store. When I am about .5 mile from where I got off the ship, Jeff (host of Survivor) runs up to us with a box that holds our KTTW cards. He says you have to find yours to get back on the ship because for some reason they were not returned to us when we disembarked. At this point I realize I did not ever give them my card to scan when I got off the ship. I don't have my card with me, nor do I have a wallet (not sure how I was going to buy the toothpaste). Then I hear the captain blow the ship's horn so signal "all aboard." I start running back to the ship and realize I don't see it at all. Remember, it is still night time, and I figure I must be disoriented. Catalina is an island, so I figure I'm sure I'll see the boat if I just run a little further. I get to the location I thought I left the ship, but still don't see it. I see a woman in a Princess Cruise uniform (not sure how I would recognize it other than from old episodes of the Love Boat, as I've never been on a Princess Cruise). She is waving a large Mickey Head on a sign. I run up to her "hey, Disney Princess Woman... do you know where the Disney ship is?" She has no clue. Why would she...she works for another cruise line? Then I remember the whole KTTW issue. No one knows I did not return to the ship... for that matter, no one knows I even got off the ship. So, here I am - stranded in Catalina, at night, with purple teeth, no wallet, family on the ship enjoying the first night of a 7 night Carribean Cruise that I planned. Then I woke up! I have never had a more unusual dream!

How about you???

Oh, I like this thread because I always have strange, vivid dreams (and in color). We are cruising in August, and made our reservations in March 2005, and, strangely, I have only had two cruise related dreams (maybe they'll speed up as we get closer). The first was rather non-descript, got stuck on an elevator with my Mom (who is not cruising with us). The second got me worked up. We boarded the cruise, and for some reason I got seperated from my husband. I have the children with me, but I can't remember my room number. I go to guest services, and they give me my number, but for some reason, I immediately forget, and when I try to get the number again, they won't give it to me. Then we end up sitting in a food court (on the ship) and I'm thinking my husband, who I know is in the cabin, will come look for us, but he doesn't. There's more, but that's the gist.

The next morning, I told my husband about the dream, and pointed out that in my dream I couldn't figure out why he wasnt' looking for me and the children. He just kinda walked away. :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

Our cruise is still 5 months away and I've had numerous dreams (nightmares) about forgetting to make Palo reservations, forgetting to switch my Disney Visa credits over to the card, forgetting ID, etc. They usually wake me up in the middle of the night, after which I can breathe a sigh of relief that is was only a dream. :woohoo:

We are going on the cruise with friends that have never gone yet in July. In my dream it was evening on the first night and we never went to the sail a way party and they all missed the horn blowing. It was a nightmare because I am looking forward to showing the fun of the party to my friends.

:rotfl2: Ya really gotta watch out for those deluxe supreme pizza late night snacks, Wendy!

I always have this recurring theme in my cruise dreams. The Magic has to go down this river to get to the ocean, with rapids and narrow spots. Very harrowing. I think I've been on too many park rides! :teeth:

On our first cruise I had a terrible head cold and just wanted to sleep the first night of the cruise. Well for our honeymoon I bought all the cold meds I could carry to avoid a repeat. About a week before the cruise I had a nightmare that I forgot all the meds and DH and I took a nap. Only we slept through the entire cruise! I woke up in a panic! It was sooooo real, that I ran to check the date on the calender. I drank ALOT of coffee on our honeymoon! :yay:

I am already having dreams and we haven't even BOOKED the cruise yet. Just the other day, I had a dream that my family and I were on our way to the port and shortly before arriving there, my husband asked me how much this whole cruise costs anyway, and I told him, and he got so mad that he ripped the glasses off my head and broke them! :confused3 Now, first my husband is not the violent type at all, second, I hardly ever wear my glasses, mostly contact lenses, so it was just weird! Anyway, my glasses were completely ruined and I remembered that I didn't bring any contact lenses. My eyesight is horrible and without glasses/contacts, I am pretty much SOOL. So, I had to board the cruise ship and go through the whole week without being able to see a darn thing! Well, not clearly, at least! :teeth:

Oh Wendy, I've had dreams too but yours wins.... :rotfl2:

I dreamed last night that when I turned in my passport to board the ship, the picture was missing. My son had cut out the picture to use for an art project. They wouldn't let me board the ship without a correct passport. Finally we took care of it but when we boarded our connecting cabins were on opposite ends of the ship so my husband had to stay in one and I had to stay in the other. Also, the cabins now had kitchenettes in them and you had to cook you own meals. WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

disneylandfamily said:
I dreamed last night that when I turned in my passport to board the ship, the picture was missing. My son had cut out the picture to use for an art project. They wouldn't let me board the ship without a correct passport. Finally we took care of it but when we boarded our connecting cabins were on opposite ends of the ship so my husband had to stay in one and I had to stay in the other. Also, the cabins now had kitchenettes in them and you had to cook you own meals. WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you sure that was a dream, it sounds like something my boys would have done when they were small :lmao: .

Cook our own meals on the ship???!!!! Now that is a real nightmare! :teeth:

Ok, my dream was that we had gotten to the Port early.....and they had 2 ships take off the same day. Early and late. The early ship was going on the Western and the late was Eastern. (we are sailing eastern). So since we were there early, they said that since they had room, we could take the early ship. My sister say's ok lets take the early ship. Now I'm upset, because I am ready to go shopping on ST Maarten and St Thomas, I hadnt ready about the stops on the Western and I had no clue what the ports were going to be like...then I woke up.... :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Denise

I had a dram that in preparation for our cruise we spent a week in WDW--participating in Survivor! The challenge was to see how many rides/attractions we could do in 24 hours. I've never really been on Everest, but in my dream I had to climb it for real. Then the dream abruptly switched to the port. We were all so excited to go. Being the obsessive planner I am, I had a specail spot for all our documents and papers, as well as traveller's checks and passports. In my dream I was so crazed with orginization that each family member had an envelope with all documents needed to board. I pulled each one out of my backpack, and they turned into briefcases with locks. Not to fear! Super mom has the keys. So after opening all 5 briefcases, it was my turn to turn in the docs. Smiling, I hand them to the CM. One problem--my passport is missing. I frantically look for it. Phew, I find it, and hand it over. Only when they open it, there is a picture of my DOG! My DH and kids hugged me good bye, and left me standing on the dock as they sailed away for a wonderful cruise. They said I should put the tent up because it was supposed to rain that night, and the monkeys would be out, and then they were gone....
I was actually mad at mh DH when he woke up that morning! Poor guy. He'd never do that, and I would never forget my passport or docs-I obsessively check them before during and after any trip. I hope I didn't just jinx myself.

My dream or nightmare depending how you look at it was just the other day on the WOnder itself. It was our last night and I guess in anticipation of getting an early start to disembark, I kept waking up and dozing back off very early in the morning. On my last doze off, I was dreaming that my husband said he was going to get the car and I was standing in the port waiting and no husband ever came back. I didn't have any cash on me and no cell phone so I asked this nice woman if I could just use her cell phone to call him quickly to see what was going on. Now if you knew my husband when he gets a call on his cell that he does not recognize the number he goes into defensive mode! You think you are being interagated!!! :scared1: In my dream I kept calling him and calling him and he'd keep hanging up saying he doesn't know who this is and doesn't recognize the number and if I don't stop he'll call the police. I remember starting to cry and the next thing I know my husband was shaking me to wake up. The nightmare part was truly the fact that it was time to get dressed and head off the beautiful ship!!! ;)

Us2 said:
The nightmare part was truly the fact that it was time to get dressed and head off the beautiful ship!!! ;)

I just hate those nightmares that come true!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter