Share your best under $10 gift ideas

tink20

DIS Veteran
For any age, any sex. (teachers, neighbors, friends, extras under the tree, stocking stuffers, extras for nieces and nephew, something to go with cash or a gift card, things like that) TIA!

I guess I will start off, I always give my older nieces and nephews, cash, and I buy the Lifesaver book and a money card too.

* small denomination GCs
* beauty items -- lip gloss, nail files and polish, loofah, bath gels and lotions, etc.
* candles
* food items -- tea/coffee, candy, special crackers or cookies, popcorn, gum, mints, etc.
* kitchen items -- mugs, kitchen gadgets like corn holders or silicone steamer baskets, spatulas, oven mitts, serving dish or bowl
* linens like hand towels
* gag gifts -- funny magnets, etc.
* notecards/notepads and pens
* small toy or game
* photo gifts like books, magnets, mugs

For any age, any sex. (teachers, neighbors, friends, extras under the tree, stocking stuffers, extras for nieces and nephew, something to go with cash or a gift card, things like that) TIA!

I guess I will start off, I always give my older nieces and nephews, cash, and I buy the Lifesaver book and a money card too.

I was in Sams Club yesterday and saw a Starbucks gift pack for $9.99. It had a ceramic travel coffee mug with lid and the Starbucks symbol on it and a couple of samples of coffee (and maybe something else). I didnt look too closely because I was in a hurry, but I did think that was a good little $10 gift for someone at Christmas!

So, do you buy the Lifesavers Book and give the rest of the $10 in cash? Or is it just the Lifesavers Book that is under $10. If so, then it really isn't a "best gift under $10."

Dawn

I have several children to buy for on a budget. I always find great deals on picture books and chapter books, pyjamas, and ornaments. I got 2 for $16 ornaments at the Disney store yesterday with a 25% off code as well:cool1:. I'll wrap some candy canes, and other Christmas candies to put on top of the wrapped box.

Last year I spent 15 for each child getting a Christmas themed book, and pyjamas. :)

I purchase nice Keychains at WDW for under $10. some around $5. and add a candy bar.

At costco they had really nice Christmas nightlights, 3 for $14.00 individually boxed. I split the package for three gifts with Christmas candy.

Nepean

The ones I like that are under $10 are always purchased AFTER Christmas the year before.

This year I have snowman soap and lotion dispensers - SUPER CUTE and in a nice holder - from Pier One. I believe it was $8. That one is going to a teacher.

Also have from Bed Bath & Beyond set of 3 nested ceramic candy dishes - Says something like "JOY" "PEACE" and "LOVE" or something similar. With 50% off after Christmas PLUS a $5 off $15 purchase coupon - I think I got these for maybe $4 or so each (for each set of 3) -I purchased 3 sets. Going to get a couple big bags of candy to go with them and still keep under $10 and give them as gifts with the bowls and candy together.

Again, after Christmas - not sure where I got these but maybe Kohl's or Penney's - Any of the 'gift box' type things - This year it's digital tire guage but I have gotten the flashlight sets and the pocketknife sets in the past. I get these for dh to give to his guys that work for him (he also brings them to a nice meal so he is NOT being cheap by just doing this). Anyway - I think I got this year's for $6 each.

So, do you buy the Lifesavers Book and give the rest of the $10 in cash? Or is it just the Lifesavers Book that is under $10. If so, then it really isn't a "best gift under $10."

Dawn

The lifesaver book, is the something "extra" instead of just giving money. Its not deducted from their monetary gift. :)

I was in Sams Club yesterday and saw a Starbucks gift pack for $9.99. It had a ceramic travel coffee mug with lid and the Starbucks symbol on it and a couple of samples of coffee (and maybe something else). I didnt look too closely because I was in a hurry, but I did think that was a good little $10 gift for someone at Christmas!

Thanks, that might be a good teacher gift for me to get.

I love the $30 itunes GC where you get 3 individual $10 cards in 1 pack. Great if the school use ipads. Also, you can never go wrong with Starbucks ;)

Disney store has fleece blankets on sale online for $12 and then an extra 25% off, so $9 each. I got one for each daughter (6&2). I also got dd a 21 in plush jasmine doll for $6 after discount!

Thermal travel cups from Kohl's for under $3 after coupon code with a $5 Starbucks or DD gift card tucked in it. Also you can find fleece throws on sale pretty much everywhere this time of year, I got those at Kohl's, too. Good gift for bus drivers.

ETA: For someone who travels alot, I picked up a travel neck pillow for DD for $7.99 at Walmart yesterday. Also you can usually get basketballs and soccer balls on sale for under $10 this time of year, I usually pick my boys up new basketballs and grab a couple to donate.

You can never go wrong with slippers or gift cards :goodvibes

I cannot think of the last time I wore slippers. I'm pretty I own a pair...somewhere. Definitely a "go wrong" if bought for me.

Giftcards (as long as you know the person buys stuff from where they are for) are good. Treats (like Godiva chocolate or nice teas (again, if they are tea drinker) are good too.

The idea of the basketballs and soccer balls is great. I will have to keep my eyes open.

I found some shirts on oldnavy.com that says rock the vote on the front for 97cents lol bought 5

I love the $30 itunes GC where you get 3 individual $10 cards in 1 pack. Great if the school use ipads. Also, you can never go wrong with Starbucks ;)

Just remember, they sell these at Target and, if you use your RED card, you get another 5% off.

I get my neices and nephews 1 big gift and the rest under $10 so here's my list:

Stretch gloves : we like to keep a pair in every coat and extra in the glove compartment for pumping gas

Ear buds : nephew is always breaking his
Itunes gift cards
Lip gloss
Earings
Nail Polish & file

I also shop the clearance racks in all stores. You never know what great deal you can find.

For my teaching partners and aide, I buy a $5 gift card to a place I know they will like ( McDonald's, Starbucks, etc... ) then I include sugared pecans, chocolates, or something else I have made. I like the gift to be a bit personal.

We pick names for gifts, but there are 9 little kids in the family (under 8) that I like to buy things for even if I haven't gotten their name. I went to Target on line and sorted presents by age and by price. I found 9 toys under $10 each.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter