Shanghai Disneyland Grand Opening Trip Planning Thread

So I made it back to the tickets page, but it still says they're unavailable - for every date I've tried right up until the end of July. I highly doubt that they've sold out of all of those dates already so maybe there's still hope? In the meantime, am I doing something wrong? Have people managed to purchase tickets yet, or just hotels?

I'm pretty close to giving up... Really not sure what else I can do. Perhaps I'll give them a call when they open and see if there's anything left.

I am earning my Easter wine... Anyone get through yet?

Yeah, I've been at it for two hours. Also ready to give up. I can make it to the Order Confirmation page, but it simply won't let me make a payment. Glad I waited to book flights.

Ok that's it for me. Not sure how well I'll sleep, but going to attempt to go back to bed. Will call the reservations line when I wake up and see if I have any luck there. Hopefully I'll still be able to get a ticket for 1 of the 3 days I'll be there. Otherwise it'll be Plan B - sightseeing in Shanghai with a day trip to check out Disney Town and Wishing Star Park.

Clicking the "Pay now" button just pops up another page for me, sometimes going temporarily to that castle "please wait" page, and then coming back to the same order confirmation/pay now page. I don't get any page to enter credit card info. If anyone has success paying, can you post what browser you're using?

I had the same thing in both Safari and Chrome I am giving up.

I am so frustrated I spent 25 minutes pushing the confirm payment page for a Toy story hotel room all it did was open page after page whilst counting me down the 25 mins with the same thing.

That keeps happening to me too. How can I book when it won't let me pay???

We are booked for July 7-12!! Finally booked the hotel and then got flights! May hold off on the tickets as they are guaranteed now and it's been an expensive day! Lol

I was able to book the hotel but haven't managed to get through the payment page when trying to buy tickets. It just spins with the "the result will be notified to you in 5 minutes" message. Actually, I just saw that it displayed a message that I had exceeded my daily payment limit before it redirected back to the order page. I guess that's it for today :D

I got 2 day tickets I can't believe so many hours after I gave up I got some I am so excited they are showing in my account now I just have to organise everything else.

I just (finally!) booked our 4trip for June 22. I was worried that they'd be sold out but it's either not a popular date, or the Chinese site wasn't working either. This was a frustrating day but I'm happy I finally booked!

Ok so I gave up and went back to bed lol! Woke up at around 9:30am and thought why not give it one last shot. So I managed to get a club level room at the SDL Hotel for the 16th, a garden view room at the Toy Story Hotel for the 17th, and a 2 day ticket for the 17th and 18th. Now I just need to hope that the ticket guarantee thing comes through for Opening Day.

Has anyone looked at the Ts and Cs for the ticket guarantee? I'm actually a bit suspicious that it won't go through for Opening Day. First of all, I'm not sure whether the ticket would be for the day of check in or the day after (and since you can't get a hotel for the 15th, it would have to be the day after). Also, there is this, which is a bit of a worry!

* Blockout dates may apply to the theme park tickets in the package.

I'm going to call when they open and ask what the deal is.

OMG I got my Opening Day ticket! :woohoo: Woop woop!

Looks like they're still working through some bugs in the website.

OMG what a night!

Sorry I didn't reply earlier but I'm in Tanzania on Safari right now..

We had the same problem at midnight that we managed to get tickets into our shopping cart but then couldn't check out. The same with the hotel. We managed to secure the Toy Story Hotel but couldn't get the website for the payment to load.

Now after some hours my friend who will be coming on the trip with us managed to get us 2 day tickets for the opening day and the day after. We're soooo excited now! :)

Hotel rooms would have been nice but apparently they're all gone now.

See you at the grand opening :)

Tickets are still available on the official website for the 16th and 17th as of right now! So good luck getting them!

Tickets are still available on the official website for the 16th and 17th as of right now! So good luck getting them!

Hmm I didn't see any after my last post. However, I did manage to get hold of someone on live chat with this result...

She went on to confirm that yes, I just buy the ticket at the hotel when I check in. She wasn't able to tell me yet what time I will be able to do that, but it sounds promising.

What an emotional rollercoaster this morning has been!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter