• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shamu's Happy Harbor

MissElizabeth

Mouseketeer
We're planning to take our children, 4 and 6 to sea world this fall. I was looking at the Sea World site and noticed the children's rides require and adult to accompany if the child is under 48"? That seems bizarre to me since they are children's rides- but my real question is are those rides pretty accommodating to people of size? I'd like to be able to take them on the roller coaster but won't be able to if the seats are for 'normal' size people and smaller only. :headache:

We're planning to take our children, 4 and 6 to sea world this fall. I was looking at the Sea World site and noticed the children's rides require and adult to accompany if the child is under 48"? That seems bizarre to me since they are children's rides- but my real question is are those rides pretty accommodating to people of size? I'd like to be able to take them on the roller coaster but won't be able to if the seats are for 'normal' size people and smaller only. :headache:

I can't speak for the adult accompanying a child since DD was over 48" when we went. However, the coaster seats are the typical size - think Goofy's Barnstormer. DD decided to go on and her brothers and I joined her. She made a last minute decision to sit with the younger of her brothers which left DS15 and I together. He is tall (over 6') but pretty average sized otherwise. I am a women's size 12. We fit, but it was a bit tight. I would think it would be pretty tough to take both kids on at the same time. Maybe they would let you sit behind them like they used to do for people w/ the Barnstormer? Hopefully someone will be along with more info. :)

ETA: I would advise you to check out the rides at Shamu's Happy Hour starting about 15 min. before the first Shamu show and continuing while the show is going on. We did this and DD virtually walked on to everything. Once that first show let out, the place was a madhouse. We just saw a later show.

My girls were 7 and 9 when visiting Happy harbor. I only went on Shamu's express coaster with my 9 year old. It was a little tight, but that prevents you from sliding all over the place. I would google images of the rides and you will be able to see the size of the seating in the different rides from photos people post. It might give you an idea if would you be able to sit comfortably or not.

I am just posting because i wanted to confirm what the pp said and that is if Happy harbor is a priority for your family, definitely go there before and during the first Shamu show (so that would be any time before 12:15. As soon as that show lets out, the entire place is packed! If you go before, you will walk onto all the rides and even re-ride without getting off. the place is just not the same after that! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter