Shamrock Shakes

tmarquez

DIS Veteran
Why oh why does the McDonalds by me advertise the Shamrock Shake but when you try to order one they say they don't have any?!

I'm sad....and shakeless.

the machine is broken:sad1:

Both of the McDonald's around my house have had "broken" milkshake machines for the past year :rolleyes: I think it's just a hassle for them to do milkshakes. My favorite McDonald milkshakes are the eggnog ones :goodvibes. Well, really I love all milkshakes :)

Last St. Patrick's Day the kids and I had to go to *four* McDonald's before we found one that had the shakes. It got to be funny after the second one. But we figured somewhere in the greater L.A. area was a McD's with the shakes, and we were going to find one!

mmmm! Shamrock shakes!! :shamrock: :cloud9:

dd and I got one on Saturday, and it was the second McD's. The first had them on the sign, but then said, "we don't have them yet." :confused3

Then why the heck are they on your sign!!???? :rotfl:

What do these taste like? I imagine they are minty because of the green coloring. I've never had one, but people seem to really love them.

What do these taste like? I imagine they are minty because of the green coloring. I've never had one, but people seem to really love them.
Yes, they are minty and made with vanilla ice cream. I actually found one here in NoVA a few days ago. Next to the Egg Nog, they're my favorite, too:drinking1

I was surprised that:

1. They advertised it on the sign - I didn't have to ask (3 times) if they had it only to hear "What's that? You want what?"

2. The machine wasn't "broken".

3. I didn't have to go back in from drive-thru because they gave me strawberry instead.

Remember when they changed the shakes to a Blizzard-like consistency so you could only eat it with a spoon and not a straw? I actually e-mailed the company and told them to go back to their original shakes that you could actually drink with a straw. I'd like to feel I had some influence in bringing them back...

I think Burger King had them last year. Every McD's around here was out and I found them there. Tasted pretty similar to me.

That's odd -- the milkshake machine at our McDonald's is often broken, too. I didn't realize it was a nationwide issue.

But I did have some luck and got a Shamrock Shake the other day -- soooooo gooooooood.....

March and April are kind of yucky months weatherwise in my neck of the woods -- very drab -- the Shamrock Shake is a nice little ray of sunshine. :)

Both of the McDonald's around my house have had "broken" milkshake machines for the past year :rolleyes: I think it's just a hassle for them to do milkshakes. My favorite McDonald milkshakes are the eggnog ones :goodvibes. Well, really I love all milkshakes :)

Ours always says that their machines are broken too. I want to say Fix them then!!!!!! I wonder if that really is the reason, that they are a hassle to make? :confused3 That makes me even madder. :headache:

It's not the same ('cause you have to do the work) but they are really easy to make at home!
There are recipes all over the internet, but honestly you don't need one.
Vanilla ice cream + Milk+ mint extract+ green food color+ blender= shamrock shake!!
Just add the mint extract in a little (like really little) at a time until it's as minty as you like. If you add to much its yuck!

Has anyone ever mixed a Shamrock shake with the Chocolate shake? I know someone that loves the chocolate and strawberry shake flavors mixed together.

That always happens to me!
We went to KFC to get the new grilled chicken a while back....they were out! We went to the restaurant "Zia's" (their signature item is rotisserie chicken) they were out of chicken!!! Now McDonalds!!!

I was just beginning to think it's me!:sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter