Shampoo and Conditioner

Musicalmommy

Earning My Ears
Ok so I hear the hair products are great, but wondered if I ran out if I can call and get more, or if we will be charged. I hear the bottles are a bit bigger than hotel, but not like full size shampoo etc. 5 of us in the room and um... I have a lot of hair. :confused3

We don't want to pack full bottles for flights etc.. Trying to stay under 50 lbs and if we pack 5 lbs of shampoo etc. :eek:

Just double checking.

The cruise ship acts as a floating hotel. Disney cruise ship like a five star hotel. Your room steward will place additional bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion in your stateroom bath before you run out of the previous bottles.

It's been a couple of years since we've cruised, but we were always able to get more from our stateroom host/hostess. Sometimes it would just appear when we were low, other times we simply asked and they provided more!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

With four females in our room we went through the bottles quickly, but every day there were new ones waiting for us. It was never a problem.

Your stateroom host will happily supply you with all you need. Empty/almost empty containers are replaced. If you'd like 2 on the first day, just let the host know.

They are 2 ounces....that's enough for several uses. Whether it is 5 or not, is up to how much you use.

We brought several iTunes cards and left them with a note for our hostess asking her to make sure we had plenty and she did. I know she appreciated us as much as we appreciated her.

Are the products as good as salon quality products? I currently use Redken. My hair gets really frizzy and unmanageable with store bought products Can hardly comb my hair when I use those. I would love to not have to lug my own shampoo and conditioners but am a bit nervous. All you ladies know that a bad hair day can really set the mood! :scared1:

Are the products as good as salon quality products? I currently use Redken. My hair gets really frizzy and unmanageable with store bought products Can hardly comb my hair when I use those. I would love to not have to lug my own shampoo and conditioners but am a bit nervous. All you ladies know that a bad hair day can really set the mood! :scared1:

I personally do not like the products at all and I bring my own. --- and there is nothing worse than a bad hair day on vacation.

http://www.disneystore.com/disney-parks-product-beauty-accessories-disney-resorts-hsub2/subo-shampoo/mp/1316301/1001081+1007301/

http://www.disneystore.com/disney-parks-product-beauty-accessories-disney-resorts-hsub2/subo-conditioner/mp/1316375/1001081+1007301/

These are the products that they provide you with on the ship (only much smaller). I've found in the past that if I'm in the ocean a lot, these are AWESOME for my hair. If I'm not, I need something else.

For instance, on this past cruise, I brought what we got at OKW before the cruise and found that worked better for me because I never got into the ocean. My first cruise, I tried what they provided on ship after getting frustrated with my normal products (I was doing a LOT of snorkeling) and found that it really helped my hair.

One other thing to note because it frustrated me - on the ship (just like at the resorts) I find that it takes more product to clean my hair.

http://www.disneystore.com/disney-parks-product-beauty-accessories-disney-resorts-hsub2/subo-shampoo/mp/1316301/1001081+1007301/

http://www.disneystore.com/disney-parks-product-beauty-accessories-disney-resorts-hsub2/subo-conditioner/mp/1316375/1001081+1007301/

These are the products that they provide you with on the ship (only much smaller). I've found in the past that if I'm in the ocean a lot, these are AWESOME for my hair. If I'm not, I need something else.

For instance, on this past cruise, I brought what we got at OKW before the cruise and found that worked better for me because I never got into the ocean. My first cruise, I tried what they provided on ship after getting frustrated with my normal products (I was doing a LOT of snorkeling) and found that it really helped my hair.

One other thing to note because it frustrated me - on the ship (just like at the resorts) I find that it takes more product to clean my hair.

So it is separate shampoo and conditioner? That is great. I hate that 2 in 1 stuff so I was going to bring my own but this would save me packing space! Thanks.

Magic3forme said:
I personally do not like the products at all and I bring my own. --- and there is nothing worse than a bad hair day on vacation.

I just love the H2o products. This Christmas I was lucky enough to have my sister draw my name,and she bought me full sized shampoo,conditioner,shower gel and body butter(marine). Every time I use it I think of my time on the ship!!! Ah...heaven and happy thoughts (I need them with it snowing).

Hrm, mixed replies lol. I guess I should have expected that. Too bad they didn't send samples out with a booking welcome package so we could do a test run before we head out. Still torn....would love to not pack some but hate to suffer with bad hair.

I love the H2O products on DCL. I always leave a note for my room steward the first day to leave me 1 shampoo & 2 conditioners every day when I sail so I have a large amount to take home, and I give them a great tip at the end. I have long thick hair and I love the way these products work for me And I love the smell also.

I have "horse" hair. Really long, really thick.

Anyways, I had to use the whole bottle of conditioner each wash. While not my favorite, it was doable. Our room steward brought me product twice a day. The body butter is the BEST though, I still have a bottle from last year that I use at home.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I have really thick hair and always bring my own conditioner. I tried disneys the first day, but didn't love it. Used my own the rest of the week. The shampoo was fine.

I think their products are better. Never had a bad hair day the whole cruise. Hair frizzed right up when I got home though!~

silence said:
I have "horse" hair. Really long, really thick.

Anyways, I had to use the whole bottle of conditioner each wash. While not my favorite, it was doable. Our room steward brought me product twice a day. The body butter is the BEST though, I still have a bottle from last year that I use at home.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I liked the body butter! Too bad they changed it to the lotion. The lotion does nothing for my and my son's dry skin :)

Last week when on the Magic, I was not sure about trying them, but I was pleasantly surprised. I have long hair and so it takes twice as much conditioner as shampoo. I asked to have two conditioners for every one shampoo to be left, if possible...no problem! I got the response "don't ever hesitate to ask". Fortunately, too, they were great products :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter