Shameful behavior by Southern Select Villas

Then it would appear that SSV *did* have a contract with you.

Did the rental agreement or the confirmation contain any clauses about cancellation on the part of the owner/management company?

As an aside, asking for the difference to cover a DVC villa was unreasonable, IMO. Asking to be covered for your airfare change fees would have been a lot more reasonable.

Brian it may that the air change fees are irrelevant if she cannot go at another time. Vacation time maybe already approved at the place of employment and not be changed. I would expect them to fully cover my airfare (not just a change fee) if I could not go because of now not being able to obtain a equivalent villa or covering the cost difference to an villa that meets the needs, even if that mean DVC accomidations.

Either way I would avoid Southern Select Villas if a was a potential renter or a home owner.

OP sorry about your troubles.

Southern Select Villas shame on you!

Denise in MI

See, I dont think that the airfare change is reasonable because I know that I just cant "change dates for a vacation" in which I have prior approval from employment/schools. Now, maybe a DVC villa isnt the compromise either. But there should be some restitution.

Jennifer

I see great minds think alike.

Denise in MI

By the way folks, while this is "Laura's" first post.... she's been here before. I just can't get search to work. Her last post was even more hateful.

By the way folks, while this is "Laura's" first post.... she's been here before. I just can't get search to work. Her last post was even more hateful.

With that I'm tempted to bump this to the front page for the next few weeks.

Denise in MI

...it's been about 20 minutes since the last post... thought I'd give a friendly DISwarning-bump :rolleyes1

Here is a copy of the confirmation email. I know the villas might seem ecessive to you but, we had rented a home with 3 bedrooms and many comforts that a hotel cannot provide. I took my time finding a place that would accomadate my needs. I have a powerchair, hoyere lift, special wheelchair for shower.

I bought my airfare after confirming they had availability.

I agree aboutthe airfare but believe you me she was not going there.

Reservation APPROVED: 8/11/2008 1:54:39 PM Transaction ID #14161

I cant begin to tel you guys how much this means to me, your support and words when you are disabled and basically bed bound it helps to know somone is on your side. When she called me today at 10 am and demanded that I remove my thread or action would be taken. I just decided I cant take this anymore.

The only thing magical I saw in this (which doesn't help Ms. Laura's case at all) is the following quote found about mid-way through the confirmation.

We reserve the right to move your reservation to another equal or better facility without compensation at any time

I'm not a lawyer, but any Judge would agree that "equal" would also mean "the same as," including the handicap accessibility that you require.

The only thing magical I saw in this (which doesn't help Ms. Laura's case at all) is the following quote found about mid-way through the confirmation.

We reserve the right to move your reservation to another equal or better facility without compensation at any time

I'm not a lawyer, but any Judge would agree that "equal" would also mean "the same as," including the handicap accessibility that you require.

I know but they have no other villa that is handicapped accessible and the ones that are in around orlando do not have availibility on my dates.

I know but they have no other villa that is handicapped accessible and the ones that are in around orlando do not have availibility on my dates.

That should their problem not your problem Betty. They have a responsibility according to their contract to give you equal or better, Even if that means that they have to contract outside their system even including DVC. So Sorry Southern Select Villas does not honor their contracts.

I know how difficult it can be. My SIL is now in a wheelchair. We had a hard time finding transportation to a recent wedding after her van was stolen. I cannot imagine how difficult it is to plan an entire vacation.

I must say I hope Karma exists for these people.

Denise in MI

Guess what she removed her post from the other thread I have on the disability community forum. To bad I printed out the thread !

She deleted it big surprise ! :sad2:

But thanks to the "quote" feature it lives on to haunt her.

See PrincessK's post on page 1.

My thoughts are that if you are running a service business and someone posts a bad review your response should not be to threaten to sue them...:lmao:

If you REALLY think that you are right, you might CALMLY state your case. If you REALLY don't want bad publicity you might try to help make it right.

IF all you do is throw the equivalent of a grown up temper tantrum and try to threaten the bad reviewer then I figure your idea of "service" is missing something! So I would look for another company. There are too many options out there to deal with hateful people!

Luckily she can not delete post #13 where PrincessKsMom's quoted her. You should print it before it is gone again.

She deleted it big surprise ! :sad2:

SHE didn't.... the only way a post can completely disappear is for a mod or WM to delete it.

Sorry about your troubles Betty. I know how hard it is to find an accessible home . Hopefully you'll be able to salvage your vacation.

SHE didn't.... the only way a post can completely disappear is for a mod or WM to delete it.

Sorry about your troubles Betty. I know how hard it is to find an accessible home . Hopefully you'll be able to salvage your vacation.

So, do you think she asked for this to be taken out or the Moderators took it out ?

I just dont want this to happen to anyone else.

Gosh Darn I wish three or four of us would have quoted it first.

Denise in MI

Gosh Darn I wish three or four of us would have quoted it first.

Denise in MI

Don't worry LOL I've got it. This is my favorite part: we did not have a contract. The contract that YOU signed was a "Rental Contract".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter