shame on you guys!

Dole Whips are extremely overrated. If she's allergic to something, why risk it?

You can also ask the CMs though to check the ingredients on the box to see if it's in there.

i agree a hundred percent..i dont get what the big deal about them is?? my sister is obsessed with them and i cant understand why...there is nothing special about pineapple juice and ice cream especially when there are so mnay delicious treats to try at MK

i vote for the float (and apparently am a poet and don't know it)

and while you are there...don't forget to think fondly of bob (Bawb) from the podcast crew while enjoying it. if you are feeling generous, pay for the person behind you and say it is a way of remembering Bawb. a heck of a funny guy and very public supporter of the sacred dole whip. (and the float).

Dole Whips sound just like a Pineapple Whip that I've only ever found at a small parking lot stand in Springfield, Missouri. And they are fabulous! We look for the stand every summer when we are in Springfield.

So, where in WDW can you find the Dole Whips?

OMG, you're talking about the pineapple whip hula lady! They have the dancing hula girl, right??

*sorry for the hijack.*

Love the Dole Whip floats. We've had them at MK and in Hawaii at the Dole Plantation. They are very refreshing on a 95 degree September day. We can't get them locally, so they also remind me that I am on vacation in a great place!

I've never had one, and I'm going to resist the peer pressure and skip it. Pineapple/juice hurts my tongue for some reason, though I do like the flavor.

It's so funny how the hype gets to you, though, isn't it? A dole whip float really doesn't appeal to me, but I noticed Aloha Aisle at MK and thought, "oh, oh, I have to get a dole whip float!!". The only thing that stopped me was the LONG line. Then I thought, I really don't even think I'd be crazy about it, what am I thinking? And I got a Mickey bar instead.

What a lemming I am! :rolleyes1

This may have been posted already, but one of the downsides of this type of board is that certain items get SO hyped that people are more likely to be disappointed by them. You almost get to the point where you think a certain food item or experience is going to be life changing. At the end of the day, Dole Whips are just soft serve ice cream and the same Dole Pineapple juice you can buy in any grocery store in the country. But they are very good!

Ha! Love the ingredient list!
I love, love, love Dole Whips! If I had known that they were totally artificial then I wouldn't have used up like 20 lactaid pills on them!

Regardless...I'll still be eating at least 2 a day next time I'm in the MK!

For people who don't see the draw to Dole Whips... I can't explain it.. they are just sooo refreshing! And I think it also has something to do with the fact that you can only get them in WDW... makes them extra special! :lovestruc

WELL....

We went yesterday and....

My wife gave in and so did I!

Dole whip floats are not overrated THEY ARE UNDERRATED! they are the best thing as far as ice cream type thing since we ate ice cream in spain!

WE LOVE EM! and she didnt get sick or anything! I am afraid she is addicted now!

Dole whip is coveted when you have nothing like at home, and you are not a fan of traditional ice creams or chocolate.

It's not like soft serve ice cream - it has the same texture but is an intense fruit flavor instead... that's yummy to many of us.

Float it on juice or mix with vanilla soft serve and it's extra yummy.

By the way, strawberry is gone, and orange moved to Aloha Isle alongside pineapple.

WELL....

We went yesterday and....

My wife gave in and so did I!

Dole whip floats are not overrated THEY ARE UNDERRATED! they are the best thing as far as ice cream type thing since we ate ice cream in spain!

WE LOVE EM! and she didnt get sick or anything! I am afraid she is addicted now!

:thumbsup2 Yay! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Current Precision Foods link to the pineapple soft serve.

DOLE WHIP SOFT SERVE DESSERT MIX

INGREDIENTS:

(Pineapple) Sugar, Dextrose, Pineapple Crystals, Partially
Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Stabilizers (Cellulose, Locust
Bean, Guar, Xanthan, Karaya Gum, Pectin), Sodium Silico
Aluminate, Vegetable Fiber, Citric Acid, Artificial Flavor,
Sodium Caseinate (A Milk Derivative), Mono & Diglycerides,
Sodium Citrate, Salt, Dipotassium Phosphate, Articial Color
Including F.D. & C. Yellow #6.

http://www.uec-hawaii.com/nutritionalinfo2.html

Yum I hope to have one soon. Last trip I didn't realize that its non dairy.

I can have some issues with ice cream sometimes. Something I didn't what to deal with while on vacation.

That's not the current/accurate list of ingredients. Someone should tell that site they have old info.

And it's not ice cream, so you shouldn't have any issues.

...there is nothing special about pineapple juice and ice cream especially when there are so mnay delicious treats to try at MK

And since it's not even ice cream, I doubly don't get it. Don't get me wrong, I've tried both the float and the normal one...disgusting. They taste like what I imagine pineapple flavored melted plastic would taste like.

Hubby and son liked them, but it turns out the Corn Syrup Solids in softserve makes it impossible for them to have again. Things with "corn syrup" in the name cause my hubby to pretty much pass out (which he did, on a bench leading to Frontierland in DL), and causes my son to turn into a violent, non-listening "dragon" who would be diagnosed with various things if an MD only ever saw him "on" corn syrup products.

Oh that was so much fun to deal with!

And for people who are allergic to milk, like my DD. :thumbsup2

Unless you can't have casein, in which case you'd need to avoid it. "milk allergy" means different things to different people...

OP I'm glad for your wife that she both liked it and had no ill effects.

OP, when you wrote the reaction your spouse has after eating Cobalt, and then you wrote sometimes you can't even figure out what had cobalt in it to cause the reaction. The reactions you said she had are exactly what a gluten intolerant person would have, even down to a rash. Maybe she has more than just an allergy to cobalt, maybe she is gluten intolerant? I know all people have different reactions with their allergies. I never get the gluten rash but my sister is terrible and so is my father, horrible skin rash plus digestive track issues. I only have digestive track issues. It is also common for gluten intolerance to have other allergies. This may explain why you can't pin point what had the cobalt to trigger her problems.
I did learn reading this post, Dole whip is gluten free! Yeah.

Kathy

Have you considered frozen bananas? We tried the DW (my DD is a pineapple freak) and weren't too impressed. Now those bananas.....

Where do you get the frozen bananas? YUM! I don't like Dole Whips either...

Have to agree with other posters - I don't see what the excitement is over them. I really like pineapple too, but they didn't do anything for me.

This may have been posted already, but one of the downsides of this type of board is that certain items get SO hyped that people are more likely to be disappointed by them. You almost get to the point where you think a certain food item or experience is going to be life changing. At the end of the day, Dole Whips are just soft serve ice cream and the same Dole Pineapple juice you can buy in any grocery store in the country. But they are very good!

They are life changing! :yay: To me anyway since I only get them every 1 1/2 to 2 years!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter