• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shame on Rosie

Status
Not open for further replies.
She is judging a whole group of people for no reason. She kept asking Cheslea where did the little person who works for Chelsea. Like you have to special order them. They are just people there is no need for her to be afraid of them

And people are afraid of heights, and spiders and crowds, and flying and all kinds of things. People have fears and phobias. It's a part of life. You may think it's stupid but to her, and many others, it's not. Who are we to say what she can and cannot fear? Why be so judgmental about something you don't understand? :confused3

I'm not a Rosie fan, far from it in fact, but she was honest with her feelings.

She is judging a whole group of people for no reason. She kept asking Cheslea where did the little person who works for Chelsea. Like you have to special order them. They are just people there is no need for her to be afraid of them

The only person Rosie was judging was herself for having this phobia that she fully admits being ashamed of.

If she was judging a whole group of people...why was she praising Peter Dinkledge so much and talking about what a tragedy it was about what happened to the little person Peter mentioned in his Golden Globe speech?

Chelsea was...being Chelsea, but that's just her sort of humor. But she really wasn't slamming anyone with any malice either.

If you find this offensive, promise us now that you won't watch Life's Too Short when that starts up on HBO. :scared1:

I don't care for Rosie, but you are completely misunderstanding. She is sharing that she has a phobia, and phobias, by nature, are irrational. She doesn't say that she hates little people, she doesn't say they should be placed in internment camps or institutions, she is saying she has an irrational fear. Lot's of people have phobias, and I am sure she is not the only one who has this fear.

I don't like Rosie, but she wasn't mean or disrespectful, she was sharing a fear. I think Matt's response is very kind a gracious. I think she should take him up on it.

And knowing Rosie, she probably will.

I can't stand 'angry Rosie', but when she's not like that she's a really cool person.

I looked for a fishing emoticon but couldn't find one. "Trying too hard" comes to mind lately here...

There was nothing wrong with what Rosie said in the video.
Actually fear of little people can be a real phobia and can be NOTHING a person can control. A phobia is an irrational fear. It is not something intentional or something they can control.
I must be watching a different video than the rest of you.

The only person Rosie was judging was herself for having this phobia that she fully admits being ashamed of.

If she was judging a whole group of people...why was she praising Peter Dinkledge so much and talking about what a tragedy it was about what happened to the little person Peter mentioned in his Golden Globe speech?

Chelsea was...being Chelsea, but that's just her sort of humor. But she really wasn't slamming anyone with any malice either.

If you find this offensive, promise us now that you won't watch Life's Too Short when that starts up on HBO. :scared1:

CH is hilarious and she always talks about her love and fascination with little people. If you are that easily offended, don't read her books either!!

CH is hilarious and she always talks about her love and fascination with little people. If you are that easily offended, don't read her books either!!

Chelsea is very funny. :thumbsup2

Again...everyone stay far away from Ricky Gervais and Warwick Davis on Life's Too Short if you were offended by Rosie's completely non-offensive comments. :scared1:

I actually give her credit for being honest about having a phobia of a group of people. I believe deep down most everyone is uneasy around a certain group of people. I think it actually stems from not knowing how to act than from anything unseemly.

I disagree

With what? That she's afraid of them? You posted the video, I watched the video, she comes right out and says "It's not that I'm afraid" when Chelsea says that. She expresses interest in how Chuy came to be on Chelsea's show and she questions how they can carry children in their small bodies. What is there to disagree with? Did you actually WATCH the video you posted? Sorry, but you keep making statements about things on threads with no information to back them up. Starting to wonder about you, are you really this unconsidered or just stirring the pot for fun?

With what? That she's afraid of them? You posted the video, I watched the video, she comes right out and says "It's not that I'm afraid" when Chelsea says that. She expresses interest in how Chuy came to be on Chelsea's show and she questions how they can carry children in their small bodies. What is there to disagree with? Did you actually WATCH the video you posted? Sorry, but you keep making statements about things on threads with no information to back them up. Starting to wonder about you, are you really this unconsidered or just stirring the pot for fun?

I think a Ron White quote would be appropriate about now....:sad2:

177158_o.gif

I think a Ron White quote would be appropriate about now....:sad2:

Hmmmm...."I had the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability"?

or

"next time you have a thought let it go!"?

I'll go with "you can't fix stupid" for the win.

Saw RW in Atlantic City and if we hadn't been packed in like sardines I would have fallen off my seat laughing.

a phobia is a phobia people... LOL... I have a phobia of little holes.. do I want it NOOOO!!!!! am I itching now that I am talking about it and thinking about it . LOL YOU cant control it people OMG... This isn't a funny thing to me!! I have nightmares about it. And if I even get a glimpse of that darn frog with holes on its back <ok this is bad now just talking.. but I will for you guys wont last too long I hope lol> I will itch and break out in water blisters on my hands and sometimes feet..yeh it is bad for me.. don't be so judgmental....she isn't I am sureeeeeeeeee not just saying.. OH I DISLIKE LITTLE PEOPLE...

I agree with most of the others in that I don't see the issue. She has a phobia of sorts and the only surprise is that she would admit it. There are always people around waiting to pounce on what others say.

If someone said the same thing about lesbians, Rosie would be raging

She didn't say she hated them or tey should die; she said she has anxiety around little people. Big difference.

Happygirl, what do you disagree with and what did Rosie say in the video that was so bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter