Shades of Green

sdevir

Mouseketeer
We just got back from our vacation Disney and stayed at the Shades of Green. If anyone has questions I would love to update you. Had a fabulous time!!!

I'll be staying there in February and I am looking forward to it.
Glad you enjoyed your trip.

Were you in the new or old section?
Did you go to any of the restaurants there?
Thanks!
Erin

We will be there in June - any suggestions of what rooms/floors to request?? Also, did you stay in the renovated rooms? How was transportation? Would you consider this a deluxe resort?

Hi! Glad you had a great time!!

Maybe you could give us all a trip report of your SOG experience?? Where your room was, how was the food, any other little tips...

We are going very soon and I am very excited!!:Pinkbounc :bounce:

Thanks
Lisa

I definetly considered SOG a deluxe hote. We stayed in the new section, and were lucky to able to get the first floor. (Rooms 1104 and 1105 ) The rooms were big, clean and the bathroom was great with a seperate 2 sink area from the shower section.
We had sliding glass doors to the outside. My son really enjoyed the duck who came up to our deck area every morning and fed him crackers!! Our room was in a great location over looking the new outside area.
We ate ate the new Itatian restaurant, very good. Evergreens was okay, the other restaurant we had a breakfast buffet which was good, especially the price. Most of the time we ate at the little cafe near the buses. They had cereal, coffee, juice,donuts and muffins. (Only opened til 5 at night)
There were refrigeraters in our room, plus a coffee maker, iron, tv with arcade games on it for the kids.
The bus service was good. Buses ran every 15 minutes to the transportation center. Every half hour to Downtown Disney or The Water Park. We also walked to the Polynisian Hotel , it was only a 12 minute walk.

All in all a great experiece. Would stay there again.

Glad to hear that you liked SOG! We will be back there in 22 days!!! We love SOG!

:sunny:

Does SOG feel like a Disney hotel? We are staying in January and really looking forward to the new experience! Thanks for your information!

SOG doesn't really have a disney atmosphere to it but it such a beautiful hotel that you don't mind so much. Plus every day we were in the Parks so I always felt like I was surrounded by the Disney feeling even when we went back to our hotel.
Enjoy. Wish I was there now!

We were there 10/29-11/2 and stayed on the 1st floor in the new section...room 1147 which was on the back of the resort overlooking the golf course. Although it felt a long way from the front of the hotel, we soon found shortcuts to the pools, restaurants, etc. I found everything to be very convenient and quiet. I had heard complaints before we went that only one elevator in the new section was working. We found all 3 nearest to our room were working. We did have a small frig in the room, and I took 2 half gallons of milk with us which I was able to cram in there! We ate cereal every morning but one. Ate the buffet at Evergreen's the other. The price was good and the food was adequate. We ate evening meals in the parks or at Evergreens, which was reasonable but adequate, and most of the time we ordered from the pickup window and took it back to the room since it was so late when we returned from the parks. The service was very quick so I was happy with that. Most of the staff at SOG were friendly, I think I ran into 2 that I could've done without, but guess that is commonplace anymore. We did walk to the Polynesian a couple of times, and was lucky enough to catch a ride on the golf cart once coming back. It quit running at 6 PM, so don't look for it any later. May be earlier now since daylight savings time is over. I found the bus service to be fine, although once we were at the parks and it was time to park hop elsewhere, we just used the Disney buses. The last day we spent 1/2 day at MGM, followed by Typhoon Lagoon, then Disney Quest, so I just took the car instead of trying to work the logistics of the transportation. This was definately a good idea. I understand the SOG bus only picks up 1x every hour from TL. Overall, the trip was great and so was SOG. I went without DH and with 3 teenagers all by myself, and never was overwhelmed or stressed. SOG is a lot for the money!!

So glad to hear from someone who enjoyed themselves at this resort! We'll be there soon! Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter