Shades of Green

rae519

<font color=6666CC>DIS Veteran<br><font color=CC00
Anyone with suggestions/advise/comments about this on-site military resort - please reply - thanks in advance!

Rae

Hi Rae

Did you have any specific questions about SOG?

My DH and myself were there over Hurricane Charley. The resort looks beautiful since the remodel. We had a nice corner room with good access to the lobby and rest. It was in the old section. The room size can't be beat!

We walked over to the Poly all the time to catch the monorail. It is a nice walk and there is even the "Shady Caddy" who is a nice guy on a golf cart willing to give you a ride down the path.

We didnt eat at Manginos but had the breakfast buffet and ate at the Express Cafe down by the bus stop. The buffet was not good at all- although I will cut them some slack because of the hurricane. The Cafe was good- some breakfast items and we had alot of sandwiches.

The only downfall would be the lack of "Disney feeling"- It doesn't have that sense of Disney like the other hotels. But for me, the price and location keeps me happy!

Any questions, let me know!!

Lisa:wave2:

We too were there for Hurricane Charley, I felt very safe as we was in the old section and no tall trees around our room to fall over. We was there Aug 9 to 14th.

I did love having a garage. The car wasnt so hot when we opend the doors as it gets outside. Also during the hurricane I was reasonably sure the car would be safe (It was a rental and I have to say its the first time I regreted not purchasing the extra insurance just in case.)

Our room was huge!! It was like having two bedrooms from home. We also had to reserve a crib and it was a portable size one on wheels. It was pretty nice. We had 2 connecting rooms and so we basically had a small house between the two rooms.

There is a little refrigerator for cold water and milk. It wont hold much but we did cram in some lunch meat and milk in one and pop and water in the other. Two rooms = 2 refrigerators and 2 bathrooms too :-)

We too walked a couple times to the Poly. A man drove us to the end of the drive way once and the second time he drove us back to the building on a littel golf cart. The driveway I speak of is the entrance to SOG.

You definetly wont get more for the price. For about $100 a night its huge, beautiful and no sales tax either. You wnt get a bunch of disney channels like you do at the Disney hotels. but there is the standard Disney cahnnel adn Nickoleodean. (My grandaughter lives for her DIsney channel)

The pool had nothing special like slides or theming around them but there are two pools plus a kiddie pool and one pool is shaped like Mickeys Head. We also spent time in the kids play yard and it was pretty nice.

We only ate at the dinner Buffet with Prime rib. The food was good or at least similar to what we have at most Disney restaurants. We did cereal in the room for breakfast and Chef Mickeys one day.

My only other resorts to compare to are the ones I have stayed at. That includes Contemporary once and Beach CLub twice. I love the BEach CLub because of its location but I love the SOG because of the room size and comfy bed. (we always feel the beds are too hard at BC).

ANy other things you want to know about? I know there are several of us here who have been there recently.

Barb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter