• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

shades of green

mareb66297

Mouseketeer
:earsgirl: anyone stay at the new sog and how was it? not hearing good things.. we are booked there for july 2005!!!

Have a friend who has a friend who just came back; stayed in the new part, said it was fine. We're going May 28, so you'll get to hear what we think when we return.
Here's to keeping our fingers crossed that everything will be ok!

:teeth: Thank you! i hope you have a wonderful trip. look forward to hear how it was when you get back. have a safe trip:wave2:

Hi.
I'll am leaving for the SOG May 3.

I have stayed there 4 other times and I absolutely loved it. Do you have any specific questions? The only complaints I have ever heard from people is that they would rather have the Disney theme that the Disney resorts have.

:( really the only concern i have is if everything will be open when we go. we will be there july12-17 2004. a couple of people i talked to said some of the rooms and resturants are not open yet. i really hope there is a place to get a quick cup of coffee in the morning instead of a sit down breakfast.. my family just wants to get up, grab a quick bagle and get going!!! this is my 5th time at disney but first time at sog. othe times we were at other resorts.. i hope we don't miss that disney magic!!! have a great and safe trip!!!:wave:

We just got back yesterday and it is huge, I mean really huge and now looks like any other resort at WDW. Most was really fine. The AFFEEs store is small, GG is open but food was slow, EG is open lacking in waitstaff. First day didn't get into our room until 5:30 said it wasn't ready, house keeping usually got rooms done by 4. Still only two pools and full all the time. On a best note the weather was WONDERFUL :sunny: all and all it was fine just need to be patient, I think they net to get some more help. They probably should have waited a couple of months to open.

Any more questions let me know.

:earsgirl: i'm glad you had great weather!! keep your fingers crossed for us, last time we were there(1999) it rained almost every day. the only question i can think of right now is how is the bus service. i know you have to go to the transportaion center to get the connectin buses but how is the wait. we stayed at the all star movie resort last time an the wait for buses everywhere was awful. i hope we don't run into that this time.:( ok i lied i have one more question,. is there a place at sog to grab a quick coffe in the morning or are all the resturants sitdown?:wave:

While waiting on the perennial SOG recording the other day to make a reservation change, they mentioned a coffee place for "gourmet coffee and muffins on the go" that opens at 6 am. Not sure of the name, but my brain latched on to this one, since I like the flavored stuff. This should suit your needs.

They have a cart in front of the lobby that sells a lot of different breakfast and snack foods for on the go. It used to be where you wait to pick up the buses but they may have moved it. I will let you know when I get back (May 11) They had a few different kinds of coffee, tea, juice and soda. They also sold novelty ice cream bars.

We will be going on May 28. I will post as soon as we get back!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

:earsgirl: i hope you both have a wonferful time!!! i'm very jealous i'm not going now!!! i 'll look forward ot hearing what you think of the resort. this trip was all of my dad's idea, ret. lt. colonel . so i think he's really worried that everyting will be ok. just having the whole family there together is going to be great.again have a wonderful and safe trip!

Good to hear that the place is coming along! We'll be staying there in December, so hopefully everything will be open and running at that time! :)

The coffee shop is behind what was the adult pool & hot tub on the Palm Golf Course side and they do have coffee and stuff even lunch stuff. As far as out front, for those of you who think of the front as it was before, I am sorry its not:confused: .
The entrance is now almost a floor above the old entrance.

The buses run every 20 min for Trans Center and ever 30 for the other parks just like before. It just seemed to us that they were kinda not knowing what they are doing in some areas and short of help. But it was fine and we had a wonderful time.:sunny:

There is a coffee pot in the room. You can make it yourself without leaving your room. The old snack cart that was out front is no longer there. The rooms have frig's in them now. Buy a few breakfast snacks and eat before you leave in the morning.

The hotel is about 80% done. They are still working on landscaping and putting furniture into the new rooms. The 3rd restaurant should be opening very soon along with the AFFES store. Trust me, after having the same worries that everyone seems to be having and then getting there, there's just no point in worrying about anything.

The buses run every 15 minutes from the hotel to the transportation center. Hotel staff will bend over backwards to please you. They might be short in some areas but it didn't ruin my vacation. Realistcally, you are hardly at the hotel. Rooms are decorated nice and are roomy. Food at the EG and GG was very good and generous portions. There is a snack shack located by one of the pools but it's also for the golfers. The prices there were a little high. $5.50 for a burger....your better off eating at EG for lunch.

Being in the military has taught you to be flexible and expect the unexpected. A lot of the staff are new but they sincerely are trying their best to please you. Be easy on them, it could be your son or daughter some day.

I read they start at 7:30, but sometimes left at 7:25 am. I hope to find out soon!:hyper:

Does anyone have or know where I can find a new SOG resort guide map?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter