• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shades of Green....

lttlmc3

You can ship it, I'll still eat it!
Anyone stay there? Can you give me any info on how easy it is to get around without a car? Also, does anyone know where to rent a scooter not in the parks?

We stayed at SOG about three years ago. It's a very nice hotel. Rooms are large and clean with private balcony or patio. Beds were comfy. Staff were pleasant, though not extremely friendly. There is virtually no Disney theming, so just be aware of that before you go.

We had our car with us at SOG, but we never used it all week. We found the buses to be just fine. However, unlike Disney buses, the SOG buses run on a set schedule. Unless it has changed in the past three years since we were there, I believe the theme park buses were every 1/2 hour and DTD bus was every hour. As long as you are aware of the schedule, it's no problem. I think the buses may have been a little more frequent at park opening/closing time. If I remember correctly, the buses began running one hour before park opening, so if you have an early ADR, you might need a taxi. We only had to stand on the bus once, and that was at park close.

Also, keep in mind that the SOG buses for MK and Epcot drop you off at the TTC, so you need to catch a monorail or ferry from there. That adds a little bit of time. We never minded it though, just considered it part of the journey.

A nice little perk for SOG is that it is located across the road from the Poly, so you can walk over there and catch the monorail. Some people find the walk a bit too much, but we did it several times during our stay. Took us about 10 minutes with little kids in tow.

Hope that helps!

Anyone stay there? Can you give me any info on how easy it is to get around without a car? Also, does anyone know where to rent a scooter not in the parks?

I know some time has passed since you asked your question, but on our last trip my mother was able to rent an ECV at Shades. I don't remember if that was through Shades or if it was contracted, but we were happy with the service.

We have never used our car at WDW. From our first trip staying at CBR, to the last 4 at SOG. We park it and use WDW transportation. We have our car because we take the Auto Train. We figure it's always an option if we need it, but we never have:)

We stay here all the time.. I have even went alone... Buses can take you anywhere on property.. They run one to TTC.. Traffic and Ticket Center.. There you can get on Monarail.. They run direct to animal kingdom, hollywood studios and downtown disney and water parks.. Its a awesome resort...:cool1:

Buses can take you anywhere on property.. They run one to TTC.. Traffic and Ticket Center

Actually, the official name is Transportation and Ticket Center. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter