Shades of Green

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by saceo17, Aug 9, 2006.

1. saceo17

saceo17 Fall 03 CP

I was just wondering about the restaurants at Disney's Shades of Green. As I understand it, the rooms at the Shades of Green are for military families. I was wondering if the restaurants there are open to the public. I looked at the buffet menu, and it seems very reasonably priced.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Mackey Mouse

Mackey Mouse <font color="blue">Me read the Navigator? I don't

I would not want to give you the wrong information here although I did read on one site that visitors can eat at the restaurants....to make sure, I would call and ask them directly....Here is that number: 407- 824-3400

4. saceo17

saceo17 Fall 03 CP

Thank you!!

5. wildzootv

wildzootv Mouseketeer

Not postive but I thought I read that they check for IDs just to enter the SOG. :confused3

6. hildarumpole

hildarumpole DIS Veteran

According to the FAQ on the Shades of Green website, in order to dine at the restaurants without being a resort guest, you would have to show military id to get on the property. There's a gated guard station at the entrance to the property. They check everyone. They even checked the SOG bus driver once as we were returning from MGM. The buses usually pass through. He got kind of sore about it. It was pretty funny, especially since he was such a sourpuss to begin with.

7. Spectro is #1

Spectro is #1 DVC Member

I asked Dave Marx coauthor of the Pass Porter guide. His answer was quick and to the point NO.

I wonder with it being military that there are some liability issues they don't want to deal with.
    :confused3