Shades of Green

saceo17

Fall 03 CP
I was just wondering about the restaurants at Disney's Shades of Green. As I understand it, the rooms at the Shades of Green are for military families. I was wondering if the restaurants there are open to the public. I looked at the buffet menu, and it seems very reasonably priced.

I would not want to give you the wrong information here although I did read on one site that visitors can eat at the restaurants....to make sure, I would call and ask them directly....Here is that number: 407- 824-3400

According to the FAQ on the Shades of Green website, in order to dine at the restaurants without being a resort guest, you would have to show military id to get on the property. There's a gated guard station at the entrance to the property. They check everyone. They even checked the SOG bus driver once as we were returning from MGM. The buses usually pass through. He got kind of sore about it. It was pretty funny, especially since he was such a sourpuss to begin with.

I asked Dave Marx coauthor of the Pass Porter guide. His answer was quick and to the point NO.

I wonder with it being military that there are some liability issues they don't want to deal with.
:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter