Shades of Green questions

Cbarr

Mouseketeer
Are there refrigerators in the rooms? Also, what is the best way to get to Magic Kingdom...we are renting a car. I was thinking of driving to the Polynisian then taking the monorail from there. I know the MK parking lot can be time consuming and thought doing that might save time. :)

We haven't been back to SOG since Jan of 2001. I believe all the rooms have refrigerators now. The SOG transportation was very good back in 2001. We also walked to the Polynesian and took the monorail from there but the path does involve crossing a street and things are not lit up that well so it might not be the best idea to do that at night (returning home). You can also walk to the Ticket & Transportation Center and take a monorail from there. I'm not sure if you can drive to the Polynesian and park there all day. Officially, only hotel guests are allowed to park there all day.

Yes the rooms all have refrigerators

You know MK is the one bus that is super reliable and on schedule, They only go to MK from Shades and back again. It was every 15 minutes in the summer time. That was way more reliable that any disney bus in my book. We did the walk thing once but it was dark when we came home and very scarry to me. I would do the bus or walk over parking at Poly which would probbaly involve time limits on how long you park.

My family rented a car and used it to go to MGM and DTD. We just felt it was easier for us with the car that way. Otherwise, we used the SOG shuttle that drops you off at the TTC and took the monorail to MK or Epcot. That shuttle was fine and very reliable.

You cannot just park at the Poly and be gone all day, their lots are monitored fairly closely these days and you have to tell them why you are there and then they will give you a timed parking pass, like 1-2 hours for dinner or whatever. After that they will tow you. The easiest way to MK from SOG is to take the A bus to the TTC then the express monorail to the MK. Otherwise, walk to the Poly or catch the Shady shuttle then catch the Resort monorail to the MK.

Have a great time!

WE WERE THERE IN AUGUST AND WE WALKED TO POLY AND THEN TOOK THE MONORAIL TO MK AT LEAST 4 TIMES. IT IS A NICE WALK AND DO BELIEVE THE SIGNS BY THE WATER THAT ALERT YOU TO THE FACT THAT THERE ARE ALLIGATORS IN THE WATER. WE SAW ONE LAYING ON THE SIDE OF THE GRASS AND ONE EVENING WITH OUR DIGITAL CAMERA, SAW 2 SETS OF BEATTY EYES PEERING OUT. MY KIDS AND DH NEVER LAUGHED SO HARD WHEN I STARTED TO RUN DOWN THE PATH TO SOG CARRYING ALL MY PACKAGES. ONE OTHER EVENING WE SAW A DEER.

Are there computers you can use at the SOG? or are they those TV/Computers in your room?

I was just wondering if I could email from the resort.

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter