SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Another misinformed CM. You definitely can and are eligible while staying at Shades. We did every day in Feb. while we were on our way to a park. Sounds like the CM didn't know what was wrong and instead of telling you that or calling IT themselves took the easy way out and made something up. Sorry, but glad you got anytime passes.
That's both good to know and very frustrating. We didn't really question it since another group in our travel party was having the same issue but now I wish we had. Oh well, good to know for next time, thank you.

How does the waitlist work? Do they move you or call you first? I guess I'm wondering if I should still keep checking for dates? (I was able to move my former week to a partial week and then today asked to be on the wait list for the other days we couldn't get)
They are supposed to call; it has only actually worked out for us once, and I called when the dates I needed opened up. We are on the wait list for October, but have reservations at Coronado, that we will probably keep.

They are supposed to call; it has only actually worked out for us once, and I called when the dates I needed opened up. We are on the wait list for October, but have reservations at Coronado, that we will probably keep.
Ok thank you! I'll keep checking. I was already able to add one day at the end of the trip by checking that I couldn't get earlier, so now 4 nights which I'm happy about. Just trying to add at least 1-3 more days (if not we'll split with somewhere else, but was hoping SOG for the extra evening hours on Monday since we didn't book an Epcot day).

Coronado is definitely in our top 5! (of the ones we've stayed at). Can't go wrong with either resort :)

If anyone is looking for June, it just went wide open today for availability. A lot more availability opened for July as well.
Yesterday and even very early this morning, June was 99% booked. I've been trying to get a few days added for a while, so thrilled to have a full 7 nights now!

We have our first stay planned for September. The reports about spotty Wi-Fi and MDE issues have me concerned. I would be very disappointed to miss out on ROTR. Anyone have experience using their AT&T data? I don’t know much about using my phone as a hotspot. Would that work?

We have our first stay planned for September. The reports about spotty Wi-Fi and MDE issues have me concerned. I would be very disappointed to miss out on ROTR. Anyone have experience using their AT&T data? I don’t know much about using my phone as a hotspot. Would that work?
Last year we were staying in Magnolia on the 2nd floor and a few minutes before 7, we went into the hallway towards the pool area where there were windows and a sitting area (near the elevator). We were able to grab a boarding group from there using Verizon data. Another person was near me and she was also trying to get a BG (not sure if she was using data or wi-fi, presuming data). We both got BGs.

I have no experience with $ILL or G+ though.

Unfortunately, signals are sporadic at SOG so I always rely on data for things when we stay there. If you're able, try to find a good spot the day before and then go there several minutes before you try in the morning to check the signal would be my best recommendation.

We have three rooms booked with my step dad as the sponsor, so his name is on all three reservations which is screwing up my reservation link to the disney app. To get the names corrected does he need to call SoG or Disney?

We have three rooms booked with my step dad as the sponsor, so his name is on all three reservations which is screwing up my reservation link to the disney app. To get the names corrected does he need to call SoG or Disney?
I have had to call Disney IT to have them fix it in the app for us every time we have gone. Like you mention, has to do with the way the sponsor is assigned to every room at SOG. If you get a CM who tells you that SOG has to fix it, insist they connect you to Disney IT. Last time a CM told me that, luckily I had had this issue in the past so knew that wasn't correct. Once I was connected with the IT rep, she had it corrected in about 10 minutes.

I have had to call Disney IT to have them fix it in the app for us every time we have gone. Like you mention, has to do with the way the sponsor is assigned to every room at SOG. If you get a CM who tells you that SOG has to fix it, insist they connect you to Disney IT. Last time a CM told me that, luckily I had had this issue in the past so knew that wasn't correct. Once I was connected with the IT rep, she had it corrected in about 10 minutes.
Super helpful. Do you know if it has to be the sponsor calling or if I can call for all three rooms as long as we’re linked in MDE?

Searched the threads and SOG website and couldn't find anything definitive. Does SOG allow grocery delivery to the resort? Has anyone had good/bad experience with a particular service?

Searched the threads and SOG website and couldn't find anything definitive. Does SOG allow grocery delivery to the resort? Has anyone had good/bad experience with a particular service?
Yes they do. We had it in Feb....used Garden Grocer. Unfortunately Shades did not refrigerate the cold items, so that was a waste. They said they didn’t realize they were cold items. Honestly. it wasn't a lot and we had a crazy ever changing travel day and it was late, so I didn't even look at the bag or really say anything and just tossed it. I'm sure if I would've gone to the front and complained I could've recouped some of my loss, but I was just too tired to care at that point. We've had groceries delivered tons of times at Disney and never had this issue until we stayed at Shades, so can't say if it was just a fluke or more common there.

I just read that SOG can’t make individual lightening lane reservations until park opening. I thought I would be eligible at 7 am. Anyone know for sure?

I just read that SOG can’t make individual lightening lane reservations until park opening. I thought I would be eligible at 7 am. Anyone know for sure?
In Feb. we stayed at Shades and were able to make them at 7. I'm 99% sure that's still how it's supposed to work. My guess is that persons reservation "fell off" and they need to readd it to the app to get it to recognize they're onsite.

Super helpful. Do you know if it has to be the sponsor calling or if I can call for all three rooms as long as we’re linked in MDE?

I have always made the calls and my husband is the sponsor. He would be one of the guests staying in one of the rooms and was always the easiest one that I could link in MDE myself. Disney IT would remove him from the additional rooms and link the remainder of the party to them for me. Never had a problem with him not making the call.

From Disney - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/genie/lightning-lane/#drawer-card-drawerRecommenderPlus

When to Select Attractions
You can purchase individual selections for up to 2 different attractions per day.

• Guests of a Disney Resort Hotel and Other Select Hotels: These Guests can make their first purchase starting at 7:00 AM on the day of their visit. Available to Disney Resort hotel Guests and Guests of Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels and Shades of Green.

Assuming Disney is selling annual passes, is it possible to update a SOG ticket to one? I currently have 4 unused SOG admission tickets that expire at the end of 2022. If an upgrade is possible, can I use the money paid for those 4, to roll it into 2 annual passes? Would these questions be best directed to Disney or SOG? Thanks for your thoughts.

Assuming Disney is selling annual passes, is it possible to update a SOG ticket to one? I currently have 4 unused SOG admission tickets that expire at the end of 2022. If an upgrade is possible, can I use the money paid for those 4, to roll it into 2 annual passes? Would these questions be best directed to Disney or SOG? Thanks for your thoughts.
you can't combine tickets to upgrade, you can upgrade each individual ticket but not add them together

I’m going to be placing my ticket order form soon and it’s just so much money at once I want to make sure I don’t screw this up. Can someone just check my thinking?

We have 11 people, my step dad is retired and mom has been our sponsor in the past. Obviously we can’t get salute tickets for everyone this time.

My plan is to (help him) order 6 five day salute tickets with PH, and 1 MYW five day kids ticket with PH, which would let my brothers family of 5 plus my mom and step dad hop if they want… then get the rest MYW (no hopper) with the regular (smaller) military discount for my own family of four.

That makes sense right? Am I missing any other obvious way to make this cheaper?

I agree with @Saltywardog that you can likely upgrade individual tickets, but not combine them.
Just wanted to add SOG hasn't been selling annual passes for some time, so that part of it I think would have to be directed to Disney.

SOG is very willing to upgrade tickets (I've gone from 4 to 5 days for example or on the non-salute tickets, went from 1 to 2 days either at the counter or on the phone), but they have to be for products they sell I think.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter