SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

so I will
do whatever it takes to find a quiet zone.:faint::rotfl:

We actually did this and it bit us in the butt. We requested away from elevators in Palm wing. We got our room assignment and it felt like we walked two miles to get to our room. In fact my mother's scooter almost died trekking from the lobby to the room after the parks one day.

We actually did this and it bit us in the butt. We requested away from elevators in Palm wing. We got our room assignment and it felt like we walked two miles to get to our room. In fact my mother's scooter almost died trekking from the lobby to the room after the parks one day.

Not good. Just goes to show you that it totally depends on your situation. I would not reccommend those far away rooms for anyone with mobility issues. In hindsight, I should have included this warning in my previous post. Thanks for pointing this out. :)

Quick question am I better off taking SOG bus or walking to Poly for morning EMH at AH. No small kids and all in pretty good shape. THNX

Quick question am I better off taking SOG bus or walking to Poly for morning EMH at AH. No small kids and all in pretty good shape. THNX

Personally, I prefer using Disney transportation whenever we want to do RD at the parks. It has been our experience that the SOG busses do not depart early enough for us. You have to allow time to get through longer bag/security checks, so arriving early is important if plan on doing RD. We have encountered an occasional delay waiting for the Disney bus to AK, or DHS at the Poly, but this is rare. If AK has an 8am opening, be at the Poly bus stop no later than 7am to be on one of the first busses heading out.

Personally, I prefer using Disney transportation whenever we want to do RD at the parks. It has been our experience that the SOG busses do not depart early enough for us. You have to allow time to get through longer bag/security checks, so arriving early is important if plan on doing RD. We have encountered an occasional delay waiting for the Disney bus to AK, or DHS at the Poly, but this is rare. If AK has an 8am opening, be at the Poly bus stop no later than 7am to be on one of the first busses heading out.
THNX!

hi everyone, does anyone know if shades still offers overflow rates, and if so how do you book them? thanks so much for any help!

hi everyone, does anyone know if shades still offers overflow rates, and if so how do you book them? thanks so much for any help!

There used to be a way to message them for a over flow request..might need to call them now. I would also check with Disney and see if they have anything available on-site for military discount if its within your budget. For us staying on property vs SOG is much better sometimes.

Disney's military room rate is better than the SOG over flow rate, call direct to get rates.

Does anyone have experience with the Magnolia spa? I would like to visit on the first day of my trip at the end of July. How early should I call to book an appt? Also, I am planning to get a mani/pedi for my 6 year old (they advertise kids services) and a spa pedi for myself. My plan is to schedule those together and then have my DH come pick her up while I go get a massage. Would this schedule make sense, do you think?

Does anyone have experience with the Magnolia spa? I would like to visit on the first day of my trip at the end of July. How early should I call to book an appt? Also, I am planning to get a mani/pedi for my 6 year old (they advertise kids services) and a spa pedi for myself. My plan is to schedule those together and then have my DH come pick her up while I go get a massage. Would this schedule make sense, do you think?
The only experience we have there is with the Princess Makeover. They did a great job and our appointment was right on time. I actually liked the results better than the BBB although it was a completely different atmosphere, obviously.

Go ahead and call and book an appointment. They are very nice and I'm sure you can change it if you need to.

Finally....just got the famous ticket email from Shades, and faxed our order today! Almost time to book our FPs, and I have fingers crossed that we can get FEA at the 30 day mark.
Our 30 day for when we wanted FEA was yesterday and I had no problem getting the time I wanted. Hopefully you have similar luck!

I tried to figure this out on the SOG website but I could not. My dad is a navy vet (was not disabled from service/ did not do make the Navy his career), is he eligible to stay at SOG? Thanks for any answer.

I tried to figure this out on the SOG website but I could not. My dad is a navy vet (was not disabled from service/ did not do make the Navy his career), is he eligible to stay at SOG? Thanks for any answer.

If you click on the eligibility tab then scroll down to the list, just before that is a link that shows id cards. That should help figure out if Dad is eligible.

Just going off what you say: I'm not sure dad is eligible. The ultimate authority would be SOG. I would give them a call

I think he might be eligible to stay in January and September. He would need a copy of his DD 214.

We are exploring the possibility of taking the shuttle service from SOG to Universal, and I'm looking for feedback.
Just wondering if it was a positive experience, and if you arrived at Universal prior to park opening.

We are exploring the possibility of taking the shuttle service from SOG to Universal, and I'm looking for feedback.
Just wondering if it was a positive experience, and if you arrived at Universal prior to park opening.

We didnt do it because the hours of the shuttle would have arrived after the park opened and picked us up earlier than we wanted to leave. we wanted to stay at City Walk and have dinner.

We didnt do it because the hours of the shuttle would have arrived after the park opened and picked us up earlier than we wanted to leave. we wanted to stay at City Walk and have dinner.

Thanks for your input. This is exactly what I suspected. We only have one day at Universal, so we'll need to be at the gate for RD. The only free day we have is a Monday, so we were trying to avoid driving in the height of the Orlando commuter traffic. Oh well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter