SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Can you order and have groceries delivered to Shades of Green from grocery delivery services? We've done this every trip staying at Disney resorts but I am wondering if this would be possible for our stay at Shades Of Green?

We're slated to stay at Shads at the beginning of December I would love help picking a great room location. We stayed at SoG forever ago BC (before children) and hubby remembers being able to see fireworks from our room but I have ZERO recollection of where we were staying. We plan to use the Poly buses often and we want to be up on a higher floor to have a better view. Double sinks would rock my "He's too close, She's looking at me" bedtime routine world. Do you have any help?

Also we have friends joining us during our vacation and they will need to use a shuttle for transport to and from the Airport, do any of you have personal experience with a great one? Or one that will stop for a quick grocery grab? 1 family is 2 people and then another family will need travel for 6 (they are arriving at different times).

We're slated to stay at Shads at the beginning of December I would love help picking a great room location. We stayed at SoG forever ago BC (before children) and hubby remembers being able to see fireworks from our room but I have ZERO recollection of where we were staying. We plan to use the Poly buses often and we want to be up on a higher floor to have a better view. Double sinks would rock my "He's too close, She's looking at me" bedtime routine world. Do you have any help?

Also we have friends joining us during our vacation and they will need to use a shuttle for transport to and from the Airport, do any of you have personal experience with a great one? Or one that will stop for a quick grocery grab? 1 family is 2 people and then another family will need travel for 6 (they are arriving at different times).

Well I'm no expert, but I'll give it a go.
If you have not stayed at SOG for a long time, there have been major changes. The Magnolia wing is the original part of the resort, and these rooms are the close to the pools, and hot tub.
Both pools have been completely redone, and they are beautiful. Evergreens pub has also undergone a rehab. You may have stayed in one of the Magnolia rooms, with a golf course view since you were able to see fireworks.
The Palm wing is the new addition, and I believe there are five floors; the rooms were recently updated. We have stayed on the upper floors, with a courtyard view, and we have had a pretty good view of the fireworks from our balcony. You can also see the fireworks if you are in the courtyard, I saw people doing this last year.
As I recall, we did have double sinks in the Palm. Many people like the lobby level floor in the Palm because of easy access to the lobby, busses, parking garage, and walking to the Poly. Even though the walk is longer to the pools from the Palm, we always request a room on this side because it is quieter, especially on the upper floors. We have found that compared to the spread out Disney resorts, it is no big deal to get anywhere at Shades.
We usually drive to SOG, or rent a car at the airport, but we did use Mears once to/from the airport with no problems. There are many of these companies, so do your research, and read online reviews. I have seen an ad for one of these shuttles on the SOG website. If you use a shuttle bus that makes stops at many resorts along the way, I don't think you can do a grocery
run, but if you reserve a towncar, I think you may be allowed a 30 minute stop for groceries. The store at SOG has also been updated, and they do have a good supply of snacks, soda, alcohol, etc., but more costly than a market of course.
There is so much to consider when you are doing your planning. Just do whatever works for you.

Thanks for the great info. I haven't been able to get anyone to answer the SOG reservation line--so I might give up and go our usual way & stay at Disney resort. It just worries me about the lack of customer service. :-(
I've not had any issues with getting reservation line recently. I did before and went online but couldn't find my answer. I filled out the email form and got a quick call back.

Can you order and have groceries delivered to Shades of Green from grocery delivery services? We've done this every trip staying at Disney resorts but I am wondering if this would be possible for our stay at Shades Of Green?
When I spoke to SoG staff they recommended shipping a box of snacks etc to the resort to deliver when we go in October. I've not seen anyone mention that yet, but I'm considering it.

Super Newbie here - 1st post! I booked our room for October last week. How do I go about adding a room request? I'd LOVE to be able to see fireworks from our balcony and want double sinks. From what I've gathered in this helpful thread (though I didn't read all 132 pages), I should be requesting Palm with a courtyard view?

Super Newbie here - 1st post! I booked our room for October last week. How do I go about adding a room request? I'd LOVE to be able to see fireworks from our balcony and want double sinks. From what I've gathered in this helpful thread (though I didn't read all 132 pages), I should be requesting Palm with a courtyard view?

You can call SOG to add a room request to your reservation, but there is no guarantee. I always call a few days before our arrival to confirm.
We had a totally unexpected view of the fireworks from our 4th floor Palm wing room (4113) that faced the courtyard. We could see the fireworks from the balcony looking towards the direction of the lobby. Fireworks can also be seen from some Magnolia rooms. Keep in mind though, that these are 'distant' views, so not perfect. For a better view you can walk over to the Poly and enjoy Wishes from the beach.
The Palm rooms do have double sinks.

You can call SOG to add a room request to your reservation, but there is no guarantee. I always call a few days before our arrival to confirm.
We had a totally unexpected view of the fireworks from our 4th floor Palm wing room (4113) that faced the courtyard. We could see the fireworks from the balcony looking towards the direction of the lobby. Fireworks can also be seen from some Magnolia rooms. Keep in mind though, that these are 'distant' views, so not perfect. For a better view you can walk over to the Poly and enjoy Wishes from the beach.
The Palm rooms do have double sinks.

So if you like to stay in the "newer" Palm side....do you prefer a certain floor if so why? How many floors are there in the Palm building? Can you hear people above you if you book Lobby level?? I feel like we are always on an upper floor way in the back.
We were on lobby level for 5 nights in December and didn't hear anything from above us in the Palm building. We split our stay with 5 nights in a poolside room in Magnolia wing and the room wasn't as nice as Palm building. So for our upcoming 2016 December trip we've requested the Palm building lobby level.

Is there anywhere outside to get a view of the fireworks? THNX

Yes. I have see people watching from the courtyard, facing towards the lobby in the direction of the Poly. What with the distance and foliage, fireworks views are not unobstructed from SOG.
The closest unobstructed views will be from the beach area at the Poly, the TTC, adjacent to the Poly, or from the dock area at the Grand Floridian.

Yes. I have see people watching from the courtyard, facing towards the lobby in the direction of the Poly. What with the distance and foliage, fireworks views are not unobstructed from SOG.
The closest unobstructed views will be from the beach area at the Poly, the TTC, adjacent to the Poly, or from the dock area at the Grand Floridian.
Thank you, I was just wondering in case we're still up on check in night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter