SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

I just saw where all Disney resorts, except for DVC villas will not have refrigerators in the room for at least several weeks, maybe months, due to a defect. I hope this doesn't mean SoG refrigerators will be removed as well as I need a refrigerator to store insulin. Does anyone know for sure?

83 days until we return to SoG for a Food & Wine trip!

FWIW, I received this email response regarding the status of the Magnolia pool refurb:

At this time, the projected reopening of the Magnolia Pool is August depending on weather conditions during the renovation time frame.

I just read that SOG now has refillable mugs! I apologize if this has been discussed - there are so many pages here - it's hard to read through it all!

My question is - where do you refill your mug at SOG and what can you refill it with? Is coffee an option?

Thanks!

mugs_zps179aa57f.gif
[/URL][/IMG]
This was from a couple years ago when they were first rolled out. Sorry it's so big.

I just saw where all Disney resorts, except for DVC villas will not have refrigerators in the room for at least several weeks, maybe months, due to a defect. I hope this doesn't mean SoG refrigerators will be removed as well as I need a refrigerator to store insulin. Does anyone know for sure?

Since SOG is not owned by Disney, their equipment shouldn't be involved.

SOG is not a Disney resort, so unless they bought the exact same refrigerators (which I doubt) not an issue.

Does anyone know if this still exists after all the renovations? Sounds crazy but my son really enjoyed this last year and I would like to take advantage of it for some of our down time! Also, I need to forewarn him if it is gone! LOL!

Thinking of booking our first stay at SOG this October and I have a few questions.

Do all of the rooms have a fridge?

Do all of the rooms have a coffee pot? If so can I use my own coffee or do I need a special pod?

Is there a pool bar? How late is it open?

Is there a food court type eating area? How late is it open?

Thank you for your help.

I haven't seen refillable mugs but I haven't eaten at SOG yet.
Yes, the room Wii games etc is still there. The Made in the Shade gift shop is next to it. The empty ice shoppe is there and the ticket counter. The coffee stand which now has ice cream is now located in the lobby near the steps to the Garden Gallery.

At SOG now, Anyone have questions?

How does the new lobby furniture/design look? Any pictures? Also how does the new AAFES look?

Is the ice cream parlor still there or did it close when the opened the lobby bar?

How far along is the pool? Will it be done soon?

Are magic-bands/fastpass+ being implemented for Shades?

Yes, I posted the questions below and am still waiting for answers. Can you help?

Thinking of booking our first stay at SOG this October and I have a few questions.

Do all of the rooms have a fridge?

Do all of the rooms have a coffee pot? If so can I use my own coffee or do I need a special pod?

Is there a pool bar? How late is it open?

Is there a food court type eating area? How late is it open?

Thank you for your help.

Yes please! Are the laundry rooms still quarters only or do they have some kind of credit card swiping system...just trying to figure out if I need to bring a roll of quarters! Also - how much does laundry cost?
thanks!!

Took pics of the lobby tonight but I will post tomorrow.
Still paper tickets here but they are getting ready for Magic Bands etc.. at all the parks.

I have us booked for Cindy's breakfast at 8:05. Park says it will be opening at 9:00. We have a car at Shades but there is one person to many to drive. (some are flying in). There will be one child, two 70ish with walking issues, and 3 in-between. The in-laws are planning to rent scooters in the park. What are our options and what do you experts think is the best option? :confused3

Thanks,
Denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter