SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Just anything location-wise that would be better (for buses, main hub, etc.)

gotcha. All spots are good really, closer to elevators is just closer but it can be noisier . The place isn't as large as some of the giant WDW hotels so nothing feels too far. And you're all in two connected buildings so there's no walking outside between locations.

I usually just email the requests using the 'contact us' form online.

For anyone who has been at SOG in the last few months, has the work on the pool upgrades been started? If so, when do they anticipate the work being completed. Thanks.

For anyone who has been at SOG in the last few months, has the work on the pool upgrades been started? If so, when do they anticipate the work being completed. Thanks.

My understanding is that it was supposed to start in January.:)

We just made reservations for Nov after we return from our one week cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. Hoping they have discounts for the time we're staying. In Oct 2011, we got 1/2 price room and the 4 day park tickets. Cheapest trip to WDW ever for us. This will be our 6th trip ever, 4th without kids. Lots to plan.

I'm wondering if someone can help me with a question about the military 4-day tickets. I understand that you can buy 6 in total. We are a party of 4. Can we buy all 6 but activate the first 4 on the first day of our trip and then activate the other 2 for day5-8. If that is the case, we would only have to purchase 2 additional 4 day tickets at full price. I'm just not sure about the rules of activation...does it have to be all at one time or is there a minimal amount of days you need between activations? Thanks!

I'm wondering if someone can help me with a question about the military 4-day tickets. I understand that you can buy 6 in total. We are a party of 4. Can we buy all 6 but activate the first 4 on the first day of our trip and then activate the other 2 for day5-8. If that is the case, we would only have to purchase 2 additional 4 day tickets at full price. I'm just not sure about the rules of activation...does it have to be all at one time or is there a minimal amount of days you need between activations? Thanks!
Activation does not have to be all at one time. No minimal days between. You may actually be able to activate them all at one time, but then just not use two of them until you need to. For instance, we activated some last year, used 1 day later in the week, and then used the remaining 3 days, months later. Probably none of that makes sense, but activating them is no big deal.

I'm also interested in the pool rehab, I know it was announced last year but then the notice was taken off their website. I'm trying to decide where to stay this summer if SOG has finished the upgrades they were originally talking about before the summer we might stay there again if they are mid-redesign or scrapping the rehab all together we were thinking about staying somewhere else (since we've stayed at SOG for the last three trips).

Stayed at shades this week. The pools were functional and I saw no postings regarding future work.

The expansion appears complete.

Staying at SoG for the first time on Feb.15-17th fir my DD's 2nd birthday. Can't wait!!!

Stayed at shades this week. The pools were functional and I saw no postings regarding future work.

The expansion appears complete.

If your talking about the pool expansion, I doubt it's completed because as far as I've heard it never even started. It certainly didn't start in the fall like SOG staff told people it would. I think they must have scrapped the idea. :confused3

I'm currently at Shades this week --(loving the huge Christmas tree and all the holiday decorations!!) -- and all pools are working and there are no signs for any impending construction.
:goodvibes

According to a response on their facebook page, they haven't started...nor do they know when they are starting it. (as of Jan 3).
They did confirm the Magnolia Pool would be first.

I saw that post on Facebook, since they don't know when the pool construction will begin, I'm kinda speckitical that it will happen at all.

We were at Shades the week before Christmas. It honestly was the best week to be there! The parks were not crazy crowded & the weather was wonderful. A few notes about when we were there:

We did request a room months in advance, but they were not able to accomodate it - or even get close. We ended up being in the 5100 area & it was fine - not too far, and very quiet.

We used the shuttle that is advertised on the SOG website - they were wonderful!!! On time, excellent communication, great experience & competitively priced.

The dinner buffet was just mediocre. We had a plan that included the buffet breakfast and buffet dinner daily. We ate breakfast there every morning & it was fine - no complaints. The dinner buffet had plenty to offer, but the taste of the food was just 'eh'.....we skipped dinner there 2 nights just to get something better.

We found that our vacation price at SOG was cheaper even though the WDW resorts offered the free dining plan. We saw a lot of families dealing with dining plan issues while we were in parks....so glad that we didn't have that hassle.

We also reserved the shuttle to Universal for one of our days at SOG - it is so nice that they offer this!! There were about 4 other families on our shuttle that day - some going to Universal, some to SeaWorld. A bargain at $10 per person!!

:hyper:
So excited about my trip this year to Disney!!!:banana: Waiting andHoping:bitelip: that the discounts are extended past Sept 2013. We are going in Dec 2013:santa: Maybe someone has heard a little something..:listen:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter