SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Test Track isn't supposed to reopen until end of November, early December. From what I have been reading and I don't understand it all, it is being completely revamped, I really hope not, we loved that ride, just the way it was.

From what I understand from watching a live chat with the Imagineer behind the refurb, the track is going to be the same, except there's a part towards the end where it goes kind of "Tron-like" and you get to see your concept car. :confused3

From what I understand from watching a live chat with the Imagineer behind the refurb, the track is going to be the same, except there's a part towards the end where it goes kind of "Tron-like" and you get to see your concept car. :confused3

Ok, that sounds good. DH was worried that it would become all virtual, but I told him that I thought it would mostly remain the same.

Maybe if you are lucky, they will have a soft opening while you are there. We can hope, can't we? :confused3

I wonder if that's why they named the place Shades of Green ... because those of us who aren't going any time soon turn all shades of green thinking about all of you who are. :lmao:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
This is SO true! I haven't been there in over three years, and I am super green! ::yes::

My DBF was so upset b/c test track has not been open the last two times he's been there. The first time he was there was when they were building it, then we went in August and it was in refurb. :laughing::rolleyes2

Me too. I wonder if that's why they named the place Shades of Green ... because those of us who aren't going any time soon turn all shades of green thinking about all of you who are. :lmao:

ha ha:rotfl2::rotfl2:that's hysterical. yeah I felt little pang of jealousy as well. No matter how long your trip is somehow you still seem you needed some down time at resort

does anyone know if they started the construction/remodel of the Magnolia pool and hot tub area? I am hoping it will still be open next week when we are there

Hi everyone, we are here at Shades right now, arrived last night. It is even more beautiful then I remember and everyone has been so very nice. Our room is great, so clean and quite. Jane.....we have froggies right out from our balcony. ::-): I had requested a room over near your favorite area. But I also ask for a quite room and near the bus stop. We are on the 5th floor in the new wing. LoL not exactly near the area I requested but it is quite, it is on the golf course and we have turkeys roaming and deer. There sure looks like a young alligators in the large pond near us who must not have frog on his menu. LoL

The poster board for the new AAES looks like it is going to really increase the size a lot. We had a white pizza and wine for dinner last night at Maginos. Everything is better with Italian wine.....so it was pretty good. Got a little peak at the New adventure land at the Magic Kingdom today, it looks so cool and that was from the people mover. Ate for the first time ever at Pecos Bills today, had lunch, amazing fixing bar...yummy everything including grilled mushrooms and onions. :-)

Oh almost forgot, they have big white gates up at the entrance of SOG, we came by town car and they are requiring everyone in the car to provide I.D. to get through the gate. The guard said they just started it about a week ago. Something about there have been some people coming on property who don't belong here. (smilie inserted here shrugging shoulders).

(if anyone knows how to get smilies to work on an I Pad please share the info with me. I'm lost without my smilies! )

Well had better get some sleep tomorrow is here already!

jusero said:
The one thing I have been itching to know is what the updated test track is like. It was closed when we were there in May. Has it changed a lot? I hope not too much. Love that ride. Please let us know once you have gone on it. Thanks!!! And I will be sure to be various shades of green just for you.:thumbsup2

I had not heard it had opened... How cool, we will certainly give you a report, however I will not be able to tell you how it has changed because we have never ridden it. Oh a nice Kermit shade of green is pretty. LOL

robin19871 said:
Hi Angel, If you see any new info about the new pool rehab and the water slide can you let us know?( I am curious as to what the slide is going to be like most of all..)Also, The expansion of the store... When I was there in April the man that worked there said they were starting it any day..:rotfl2:

I will will be happy to some scouting and see what I can find out ::-)

I am willing to make the sacrifice and stay until then to report back to you all. Just may need a little per-diem help. LOL

Hi everyone, we are here at Shades right now, arrived last night. It is even more beautiful then I remember and everyone has been so very nice. Our room is great, so clean and quite. Jane.....we have froggies right out from our balcony. ::-): I had requested a room over near your favorite area. But I also ask for a quite room and near the bus stop. We are on the 5th floor in the new wing. LoL not exactly near the area I requested but it is quite, it is on the golf course and we have turkeys roaming and deer. There sure looks like a young alligators in the large pond near us who must not have frog on his menu. LoL

The poster board for the new AAES looks like it is going to really increase the size a lot. We had a white pizza and wine for dinner last night at Maginos. Everything is better with Italian wine.....so it was pretty good. Got a little peak at the New adventure land at the Magic Kingdom today, it looks so cool and that was from the people mover. Ate for the first time ever at Pecos Bills today, had lunch, amazing fixing bar...yummy everything including grilled mushrooms and onions. :-)

Oh almost forgot, they have big white gates up at the entrance of SOG, we came by town car and they are requiring everyone in the car to provide I.D. to get through the gate. The guard said they just started it about a week ago. Something about there have been some people coming on property who don't belong here. (smilie inserted here shrugging shoulders).

(if anyone knows how to get smilies to work on an I Pad please share the info with me. I'm lost without my smilies! )

OK, I am turning all shades of green with envy! I sooooooo want to go back RIGHT NOW! :sad: And my froggies ... I miss my froggies. :bounce:

Have as much fun as humanly possible. And don't forget to try the chili cheese fries over in Tomorrowland. Yummmmmm...

We just were there all last week and not once did they ask us for ID only our driver for our Towne Car and they gave our friends a thing for their review mirror (they were staying at the Poly) and we were coming and going all 9 days with them and they never asked for ID from any of us.

I had not heard it had opened... How cool, we will certainly give you a report, however I will not be able to tell you how it has changed because we have never ridden it. Oh a nice Kermit shade of green is pretty. LOL

Not open yet

The one thing I have been itching to know is what the updated test track is like. It was closed when we were there in May. Has it changed a lot? I hope not too much. Love that ride. Please let us know once you have gone on it. Thanks!!! And I will be sure to be various shades of green just for you.:thumbsup2

Test Track is not open yet

Hi Angel, If you see any new info about the new pool rehab and the water slide can you let us know?( I am curious as to what the slide is going to be like most of all..)Also, The expansion of the store... When I was there in April the man that worked there said they were starting it any day..:rotfl2:

Construction starts in November....we were told that last week while there.

We stayed at Shades last week and were impressed with the improvement in food quality from our last trip. We had tasty breakfasts at the Express Cafe by the bus stop. We really enjoyed the buffet dinners in the Garden Gallery. They even had a fun carnival night on Thursday with cotton candy, snow cones and candy apples for dessert, and the best balloon artist we've ever seen for the kids. They loved it. Everyone found something they liked to eat at the dinners. Of course, the value is great compared to the pricey meals everywhere else. My husband did eat one breakfast buffet there, and he did not think it was that good, though.
I also enjoyed a massage at the Magnolia spa. The prices are very reasonable for a resort spa. I would highly recommend. I can't wait to go back!

We stayed at Shades last week and were impressed with the improvement in food quality from our last trip. We had tasty breakfasts at the Express Cafe by the bus stop. We really enjoyed the buffet dinners in the Garden Gallery. They even had a fun carnival night on Thursday with cotton candy, snow cones and candy apples for dessert, and the best balloon artist we've ever seen for the kids. They loved it. Everyone found something they liked to eat at the dinners. Of course, the value is great compared to the pricey meals everywhere else. My husband did eat one breakfast buffet there, and he did not think it was that good, though.
I also enjoyed a massage at the Magnolia spa. The prices are very reasonable for a resort spa. I would highly recommend. I can't wait to go back!

Glad you had a great time. The Thursday night buffet sounds fun. I only ate breakfast there one time and our server failed to bring us our juices and/or coffee. We waited 25 minutes from the time we sat down with our breakfast. When we tried to pay, they could only take cash as their credit card machine was down (lol). Suffice to say we didn't find this the best place for food but heck I will try again next time I go which I hope will be in a year and half. I am waiting for my granddaughter to get a bit older

We were there on the 20th for carnival night too. The kids loved it! They loaded up on junk and since it was our last night there, we let them. We loved our first stay at Shades. Can't wait to go back!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter