SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

So glad I found this thread....While my husband and I are staying at Pop in September I am already planning for our family vacation next year and plan on staying at Shades. :banana: We stayed there back in '06 and loved it. We didn't have any of the bus problems or room problems people seem to have.

Well, I decided to move over to POFQ instead of Shades, DH was hinting at it, he's really excited.

I know everyone here will understand and since I'm about to bust, DH passed his PT test this morning, so he gets to re-enlist! I am so proud and so excited, we may just move this reservation over to WL, if I can get DH excited about this trip, I guess he wasn't because he was worried about this test.

Congrats on the PT test. That is one thing I do NOT miss about being in the Army. I miss almost everything else, but not PT or PT tests. Of course, that is why I have become a bit Pooh-sized over the years since retirement. :rolleyes:

That's exactly what I did, I just need to know its what he wants to do, so if it isn't I can get the deposit back. He was tired after duty yesterday, so I will hit him up again tonight. He just doesn't know I've booked yet...lol

Smart lady - pick your moments to "discuss" with him! :rotfl2:

I'm so glad to have found this thread. We will be there August 20-25 and I'm going stir crazy waiting! It's been over 3 years since we've been to SOG last and I can't wait!!! :banana:

I know the feeling! We only go every few years because we are on the West Coast. Once you get it all booked and planned it is so hard to just wait! The DIS is a good place to pass the time!:goodvibes

Booked our rooms for September, got our flight, rental car and just need to get our Salute tickets. I'm so excited that I can't stay off of these boards!

Thanks all for the great info!

Nick

:yay:

I know everyone here will understand and since I'm about to bust, DH passed his PT test this morning, so he gets to re-enlist! I am so proud and so excited, we may just move this reservation over to WL, if I can get DH excited about this trip, I guess he wasn't because he was worried about this test.

Well, I decided to move over to POFQ instead of Shades, DH was hinting at it, he's really excited.

Glad it's all working out for you and your soldier. You both deserve it!

So glad I found this thread....While my husband and I are staying at Pop in September I am already planning for our family vacation next year and plan on staying at Shades. :banana: We stayed there back in '06 and loved it. We didn't have any of the bus problems or room problems people seem to have.

We stayed in 2004 and loved it - I thought the buses were right on time, and I loved having our room near the parking garage, but facing the back ponds. The only reason we haven't been back is that we bought DVC the next year.

We are looking forward to a night or two at SOG next year prior to both our sons and their families joining us at SSR for a week!:yay:

We stayed at POFQ a couple years ago when there were no rooms at SOG.
We were just reminiscing this weekend about how much we liked it there. DH would absolutely stay there again if SOG was unavailable. DH prefers to stay at SOG because he know the routine. Change is not his friend;)

I'm so glad to have found this thread. We will be there August 20-25 and I'm going stir crazy waiting! It's been over 3 years since we've been to SOG last and I can't wait!!! :banana:

Hey! We are there fom Aug 20-24th.. .Staying first night at RPR. DS wants to do WWHP so bad so figured we might as well ast stay onsite and get FOTL
access. Let's countdown together!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everybody, this has been a stressful few months. And with the in-laws almost ruining our trip 2 weeks ao, I think we deserve this trip.

We have only stayed at SoG once and DH wasn't thrilled when I said I booked there again, he prefers the other Disney resorts and was happy when I told him I could get POFQ. We have stayed there once and fell in love, we've just been trying out other resorts.

Thanks everybody, this has been a stressful few months. And with the in-laws almost ruining our trip 2 weeks ao, I think we deserve this trip.

We have only stayed at SoG once and DH wasn't thrilled when I said I booked there again, he prefers the other Disney resorts and was happy when I told him I could get POFQ. We have stayed there once and fell in love, we've just been trying out other resorts.

have a GREAT time!!!! congrats to dh. :)

Well, it's official, DH and I have changed our reservation over to SOG for our trip in September! I was looking over the site and found the "endless Summer" special and with it being the same, or about the same price as our stay at POP was going to be I couldn't resist. :) We haven't stayed here since our '06 trip, so I am hoping it is the same if not better. I like the location much better and we never had a problem with transportation when we were there in '06. I will have to change my count down ticker when I get home from work this afternoon....We are so anxious and excited about our first Disney trip without kids since, well, since our Honeymoon at Disneyland in 1995!! lol And this is going to be only our second no kids vacation since having kids. :cool1::cool1:

Well, it's official, DH and I have changed our reservation over to SOG for our trip in September! I was looking over the site and found the "endless Summer" special and with it being the same, or about the same price as our stay at POP was going to be I couldn't resist. :) We haven't stayed here since our '06 trip, so I am hoping it is the same if not better. I like the location much better and we never had a problem with transportation when we were there in '06. I will have to change my count down ticker when I get home from work this afternoon....We are so anxious and excited about our first Disney trip without kids since, well, since our Honeymoon at Disneyland in 1995!! lol And this is going to be only our second no kids vacation since having kids. :cool1::cool1:

Have fun!!! DH and went our our first trip last Nov and had a great time. Felt guilty/sad for a little while. We got over that in a hurry;)

YET I have another ticket question????

My group of 6 is now 7.. My niece is coming along with us on the trip. Here is my dilemna. We can only get 6 park hopper tickets @ $138 price. Can I also get another ticket (4 day hopper) at SOG at reg price of $309.. I was thinking I would just divide the total cost by the 7 of us.

Also, we are going to stay one night at Royal Pacific in US. THis is our first night. If I order the tickets ahead of time with SOG ticket sales office,will they mail them or do I have to go to ticket sales office for there as well,

If I have to drive there, I might just order them online with AAA or somewhere else. I don't think there is a big discount for Universal tickets.

Has anyone done this?

It's never easy is it:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

What is the earliest that anyone has arrived and had their room ready once they got there?

If I remember right, I once got our room at about noon. However, I think this is a rare occurance. Also, it not very often that I have had to wait until 3 p.m. either. It just depends on if you have a specific room request, how early the former ccupants check out and how long it takes for mouse keeping to get the room turned over. But it never hurts to check in and ask as soon as you get there.

If I remember right, I once got our room at about noon. However, I think this is a rare occurance. Also, it not very often that I have had to wait until 3 p.m. either. It just depends on if you have a specific room request, how early the former ccupants check out and how long it takes for mouse keeping to get the room turned over. But it never hurts to check in and ask as soon as you get there.

We are coming from the west coast and always take the red eye, so we get into Orlando at like 6:30 in the morning. I'm just trying to figure out how much time we need to realistically kill before I try to check in. I'm thinking it will be a water park day, I just hope the weather is decent so that plan doesn't fall through.

YET I have another ticket question????

My group of 6 is now 7.. My niece is coming along with us on the trip. Here is my dilemna. We can only get 6 park hopper tickets @ $138 price. Can I also get another ticket (4 day hopper) at SOG at reg price of $309.. I was thinking I would just divide the total cost by the 7 of us.

Also, we are going to stay one night at Royal Pacific in US. THis is our first night. If I order the tickets ahead of time with SOG ticket sales office,will they mail them or do I have to go to ticket sales office for there as well,

If I have to drive there, I might just order them online with AAA or somewhere else. I don't think there is a big discount for Universal tickets.

Has anyone done this?

It's never easy is it:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Order your Universal tickets from Undercover Tourist. They are only $4 more than the tickets you get at SOG and they Fed Ex them to your house. Totally reliable and reputable ticket agency.

Order your Universal tickets from Undercover Tourist. They are only $4 more than the tickets you get at SOG and they Fed Ex them to your house. Totally reliable and reputable ticket agency.

Thanks looked them up. SOmehow I found a website for military discount and cannot find it again, I went on Universal site and it brought me there. It was granny something. Your right though for the $6-7 more it is not worth it.

We are coming from the west coast and always take the red eye, so we get into Orlando at like 6:30 in the morning. I'm just trying to figure out how much time we need to realistically kill before I try to check in. I'm thinking it will be a water park day, I just hope the weather is decent so that plan doesn't fall through.

You could always go to the water park and call the front desk from there at about noon to check on the room availability. If it is ready, one of you can go to the hotel and check in while the rest of you stay at the park. Or, if you are not really concerned with what room you get, just go to the water park, have fun and just check in when you are done. If you are renting a car you can just leave your stuff in the car, but if you are using taxi/shuttle service, you can leave your bags with the concierge at Shades and just go have fun.

Hey! We are there fom Aug 20-24th.. .Staying first night at RPR. DS wants to do WWHP so bad so figured we might as well ast stay onsite and get FOTL
access. Let's countdown together!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok!! are you going as stir-crazy as I am right now waiting for the trip to be here already? LOL :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter