SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Steve at Military Disney Tips has all the details..Looks like it's $177 for a four day park hopper. Official Disney announcement/press release this afternoon. See you at SOG in November!:banana::woohoo::cool1:

Woo hoo! I'll definitely take advantage of these and save my other tickets! Thanks for the post!

Steve at Military Disney Tips has all the details..Looks like it's $177 for a four day park hopper. Official Disney announcement/press release this afternoon.

See you at SOG in November!:banana::woohoo::cool1:

Thanks! This is great news for our family. I just booked SOG for April 2015
We can't wait!!!!:yay:

BWV Dreamin said:
When staying at SOG can we purchase the dining plan?

You can't purchase the Disney Dining Plan, you have to be staying at a Disney owned and operated resort. With Disney you have to purchase a vacation package that includes the room and full price park tickets to get the dining plan. There isn't an option to purchase the DDP independent of a Disney resort stay. Shades of Green is owned and operated by the Army MWR program. However, SoG has two dining plans for the Garden Gallery restaurant in the resort. The Sunrise Package is for breakfast and the Red, White and Blue Package is for breakfast and dinner in the SoG resort. You'd have to decide if getting one of the Shades of Green dining packages and hours ofvthe restaurant fits your family and your park touring style.

Steve at Military Disney Tips has all the details..Looks like it's $177 for a four day park hopper. Official Disney announcement/press release this afternoon.

Does anyone else wish that these tickets were for 5 or 6 park days... priced accordingly? I do. I remember years ago...when they were 5 days. I know that for a party of 2 or 3 it is fine because each person can use 2 of the tickets but for larger families......more park days would be nice. :rolleyes1

Does anyone else wish that these tickets were for 5 or 6 park days... priced accordingly? I do. I remember years ago...when they were 5 days. I know that for a party of 2 or 3 it is fine because each person can use 2 of the tickets but for larger families......more park days would be nice. :rolleyes1

So are you saying 2 people can share one ticket?

I do! Don't mean to complain because I really appreciate the deal but I never go for only 4 days so I always end up buying full price tix. Still the room discount is something I take advantage of almost every year!

Yes, we usually do five day trips as well. Our last trip, we bought the four day and fortunately each had single day tix we used for our arrival day (to take advantage of EMH).

WOOHOO!! Time to start planning our next DLR trip for 2015!!! :jumping1:

So I was just trying to book our rooms for our September trip today and then panic...can't get all of our nights right now. Hoping the other nights open up but YIKES!

On another note, anybody been at Shades of Green during their OKTOBERFEST celebration? Would love some reviews of that. As it turns out, we will be there for it and I'm wondering now if I should cancel some of my ADRs at Disney restaurants to attend this instead??

Food & Wine and now Oktoberfest! Gonna be an interesting vacation for sure! :)

When staying at SOG can we purchase the dining plan?
You can't get it at SoG, but you can book a military package at a Disney Resort and get it that way, with the room discount, and still buy your tickets through the military. This is our prefered way of going. Pop with the discount is cheaper than SoG, we can get the dining plan, and we get picked up at the airport.

So I was just trying to book our rooms for our September trip today and then panic...can't get all of our nights right now. Hoping the other nights open up but YIKES!

On another note, anybody been at Shades of Green during their OKTOBERFEST celebration? Would love some reviews of that. As it turns out, we will be there for it and I'm wondering now if I should cancel some of my ADRs at Disney restaurants to attend this instead??

Food & Wine and now Oktoberfest! Gonna be an interesting vacation for sure! :)

Hi! I just cancelled a few days at SOG this afternoon, we cut down our trip to split stay somewhere else, not sure when you were trying to book, but I just cancelled for 9/20-9/23 and then 9/29-10/1. Hope maybe this helps!

Hi! I just cancelled a few days at SOG this afternoon, we cut down our trip to split stay somewhere else, not sure when you were trying to book, but I just cancelled for 9/20-9/23 and then 9/29-10/1. Hope maybe this helps!

:thumbsup2 Thanks so much...but unfortunately those dates are bookends to the ones I need. The date that I am having a hard time getting is actually Sept. 25th! So for now I have two reservations...for an ADA room Sept. 24th and 25th and then a regular 2Q room for the remaining nights. I did call and put them on a hold list for the other two nights for a regular room. Anybody done that before? I was told they would call if it came through, and of course I continue to keep checking myself. :)

:thumbsup2 Thanks so much...but unfortunately those dates are bookends to the ones I need. The date that I am having a hard time getting is actually Sept. 25th! So for now I have two reservations...for an ADA room Sept. 24th and 25th and then a regular 2Q room for the remaining nights. I did call and put them on a hold list for the other two nights for a regular room. Anybody done that before? I was told they would call if it came through, and of course I continue to keep checking myself. :)

Interesting. Nope never done and honestly as with any hotel, I wouldn't rely on them and like you I would keep checking myself ;)

New poster, WDW planning vet--

This is our 4th trip to the World, but first time staying at SOG. We are doing a split stay YC/SOG/Universal.

Using ME to get to YC. Is the best way to check in to SOG to have DH taxi with luggage from YC to SOG? Or do we all need to be there for early check in? Can he leave the bags at SOG with Bell Services?

Going from SOG to Universal (planning to stay onsite there:banana:)--Will a van sized taxi fit a family of 5 plus luggage? Is this the cheapest way to go, or should we plan to rent a minivan for that part of our vacation?

TIA

New poster, WDW planning vet-- This is our 4th trip to the World, but first time staying at SOG. We are doing a split stay YC/SOG/Universal. Using ME to get to YC. Is the best way to check in to SOG to have DH taxi with luggage from YC to SOG? Or do we all need to be there for early check in? Can he leave the bags at SOG with Bell Services? Going from SOG to Universal (planning to stay onsite there:banana:)--Will a van sized taxi fit a family of 5 plus luggage? Is this the cheapest way to go, or should we plan to rent a minivan for that part of our vacation? TIA

The YC should be able to transfer your bags to SOG and bell services will store them for your arrival at SOG. So you could go to a park and go to SOG later on check in day. Yes you can also preregistrater early at SOG and bell services can store your bags till you get back after heading out to a park from SOG. It's up to you. Not sure about a taxi it depends on how much luggage you have.

The YC should be able to transfer your bags to SOG and bell services will store them for your arrival at SOG. So you could go to a park and go to SOG later on check in day. Yes you can also preregistrater early at SOG and bell services can store your bags till you get back after heading out to a park from SOG. It's up to you. Not sure about a taxi it depends on how much luggage you have.

I am pretty sure that Disney WILL NOT transfer the luggage from a Disney owned resort. We had to taxi over to CSR years ago when we did a split stay...SOG first. You should probably call about that but I am pretty sure the answer will be that they don't. You could have YC store it for you then you can catch a taxi over later in the day to SOG.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter