~~~SEWING my way to POFQ ~ American Girl outfits & Custom Park Bags! ~~~

OMG! It's a good thing I HADN'T taken a drink of water right before I read your post . . . I would have choked on it or snorted it out my nose!!! :lmao:

Great visual Marianne... :rolleyes1 I had to go back to read my post to see what was so funny... I assume it's Josh's addiction comment???? :rolleyes1

D~

Well D, I finally made it all the way to the end! I have been working on reading your PTR since I got back home almost a month ago! I was so obsessed with American Girls when I was younger. I am so jealous that I didn't have any outfits as fancy as the ones you make. When I was in New York I went over to 5th Ave to check out the American Girl store and was ticked to find out they discontinued the Samantha doll, she was my favorite! Oh well, since I suppose I am now too old for dolls, I have decided to force them upon all of my younger cousins!

Great visual Marianne... :rolleyes1 I had to go back to read my post to see what was so funny... I assume it's Josh's addiction comment???? :rolleyes1

D~

yup. Just think if we lived close enough to shop together regularly :rotfl:

Well D, I finally made it all the way to the end! I have been working on reading your PTR since I got back home almost a month ago! I was so obsessed with American Girls when I was younger. I am so jealous that I didn't have any outfits as fancy as the ones you make. When I was in New York I went over to 5th Ave to check out the American Girl store and was ticked to find out they discontinued the Samantha doll, she was my favorite! Oh well, since I suppose I am now too old for dolls, I have decided to force them upon all of my younger cousins!

Hey Jessica! I commend you for finally making it to the end... :thumbsup2 Good for you for getting all your younger cousins interested in AG... Someday - if you ever have a girl of your own, you will be able to pass them on to her, as well. If I were you, I would definately save some of your prized items, because they just don't make them like that anymore.

I was very shocked that Samantha was gone too... That was the year my oldest dd decided to collect for her - and the year we had gone to Disney - so, AG made the announcement right after we got home, and I had to scramble to buy her entire collection (that part was for Marianne too - pertaining to her Lego post from yesterday) - it was madness! I managed to get the parts of it that we were interested in, and some reitred items on Ebay before the general public knew about it and prices skyrocketed... I am glad I did - because Samantha was one of her last dolls she received before she grew out of AG.

I have no intention of ever selling the girls' AG collection. I have been a part of an online collector community for many years, and I have seen waaaay too many grown up girls come back to AG, devistated because their parents gave away/sold/got rid of their childhoold collection - so they spend many years and thousands of $$ just to replace what they once had, and it's never exactly the same. So, I will either continue to display the girls' collection - or if it starts to drive DH too mad - I will pack it up and store it away (carefully), so that some day, if they choose, they can come back to it.

Sorry for the ramble... I do that a lot. :rotfl2: I am glad you finished my PTR and I hope you'll continue to follow along... BTW - I've told my girls about you, and they are hoping we can meet up while we are in the World. :lovestruc

yup. Just think if we lived close enough to shop together regularly :rotfl:

Now, that would be INSANITY!!!! It's crazy enough as it is... :rolleyes1 We'd have waaaay too much fun - I think. However, no matter where I live, I'll probably always be chained to Patience - so you'd still have to text shop for me. :rotfl2:

Well... I plan on sewing today. Depending on how my morning goes, I might be headed to town for more supplies (story of my life)...

While I am in town, I am going to hit Walgreens to look for some white nail art paint (I used to have white, but the girls broke it a few years ago, and I've never replaced it)... I did a cute Donald design on my pinky nail as a test run for Disney yesterday - and it turned out pretty good... But I think it would look better with white dots, and a yellow band, rather than how it is now??? :confused3 Thanks to Marianne for telling me who carried the nail art polish... I think she should post pics of her nails on her TR, as well... I think people would love them. :surfweb:

aIMG_2517.jpg

I do have to say, that after the girls saw my pinky nail, Allison was very interested in having nail art for our trip. :banana: So, she was on line looking at different options - LOL So, hopefully we can do something fun like this the night before we leave. :wizard:

D~

D~ first I want to thank you for stepping in and keeping my ptr going. With the kids being back in school I had to do some after Xmas shopping. TJMaxx is wealthier thanks to me ;) Doing my part to keep the economy alive. I also have a sick dog :sad1: He was sick on Monday and then yesterday I came home form picking the kids up form school and a quick library stop to walk into a very stinky house. I spent an hour cleaning vomit, diarrhea and bathing one gross dog. He seemed back to normal immediately, but I am fearing he may need a vet trip if this happens again.

And I want you to know, I wasn't foolish enough to fall for your prank. I know you too well by now!

I've decided that I am keeping a journal of our trip, this time, so I can write a TR easier when I get home...

So, I wanted a journal cover... I followed the Toy Story theme. It was a fun and easy accessory to make. I designed this pattern myself, but there are many out there, I was just too cheap to buy one. :rolleyes1

I quilted the cover, added a magnetic snap to the end of the closure, and a pen loop for a pen. I made it to fit a 5 Star small notebook, not the really small ones, because those are too thick and small, it's the next size up, I chose the 5 Star because they are more durable front and back. :thumbsup2

th_IMG_25121.jpg

th_IMG_25132.jpg

th_IMG_25143.jpg

Have a great day everyone! :)

D~
Love it and I see more of that fabric that someone was kind enough to get for you. Still waiting to be paid for my time -- remember, it's only $500 an hour.

I was very shocked that Samantha was gone too... That was the year my oldest dd decided to collect for her - and the year we had gone to Disney - so, AG made the announcement right after we got home, and I had to scramble to buy her entire collection (that part was for Marianne too - pertaining to her Lego post from yesterday) - it was madness! I managed to get the parts of it that we were interested in, and some reitred items on Ebay before the general public knew about it and prices skyrocketed... I am glad I did - because Samantha was one of her last dolls she received before she grew out of AG.

I have no intention of ever selling the girls' AG collection. I have been a part of an online collector community for many years, and I have seen waaaay too many grown up girls come back to AG, devistated because their parents gave away/sold/got rid of their childhoold collection - so they spend many years and thousands of $$ just to replace what they once had, and it's never exactly the same. So, I will either continue to display the girls' collection - or if it starts to drive DH too mad - I will pack it up and store it away (carefully), so that some day, if they choose, they can come back to it.

Sorry for the ramble... I do that a lot. :rotfl2: I am glad you finished my PTR and I hope you'll continue to follow along... BTW - I've told my girls about you, and they are hoping we can meet up while we are in the World. :lovestruc

While I am in town, I am going to hit Walgreens to look for some white nail art paint (I used to have white, but the girls broke it a few years ago, and I've never replaced it)... I did a cute Donald design on my pinky nail as a test run for Disney yesterday - and it turned out pretty good... But I think it would look better with white dots, and a yellow band, rather than how it is now??? :confused3 Thanks to Marianne for telling me who carried the nail art polish... I think she should post pics of her nails on her TR, as well... I think people would love them. :surfweb:

th_aIMG_2517.jpg

I do have to say, that after the girls saw my pinky nail, Allison was very interested in having nail art for our trip. :banana: So, she was on line looking at different options - LOL So, hopefully we can do something fun like this the night before we leave. :wizard:

D~
OK, i have to ask, do you have Samantha's tricycle or sled? I am keeping my eye out for those because I know dd would love them, but I have yet to see a decent price. I was hoping once the holidays settle down e-bay prices may improve slightly. I need to get pics of them printed for my mother as well -- She is the thrift store/yard sale hound and is the one who found Samantha for us. DD is reading the books now. We have two other dvds form the library (Felicity and Kit) so we are going to watch Felicity together tonight.

Where did you get your nail art pens? DD would love that. I just got us a cute set of polish from TJ's that has some pinks I don't like but dd does and she'd love Valentine's nails.

I love the AG movies.

We actually went to an event thru the AG store when Kit opened. We went to the Ziefield Theatre here in NY to watch the movie and then dinner at AG Place it was fun.

C was just mentioning she wanted to go back so maybe we will try to get there soon for a girls day.

D~ first I want to thank you for stepping in and keeping my ptr going. With the kids being back in school I had to do some after Xmas shopping. TJMaxx is wealthier thanks to me ;) Doing my part to keep the economy alive.

Anytime... Glad to help you out! :thumbsup2 (I can't wait for you to have a PTR, so I can claim it for my own... Marianne - would you hurry up and buy Andrea's house please??? She might even let you have part of her PTR, as well???)

I also have a sick dog :sad1: He was sick on Monday and then yesterday I came home form picking the kids up form school and a quick library stop to walk into a very stinky house. I spent an hour cleaning vomit, diarrhea and bathing one gross dog. He seemed back to normal immediately, but I am fearing he may need a vet trip if this happens again.

I am sorry that your dog wasn't feeling well... I am glad he is feeling better now.

And I want you to know, I wasn't foolish enough to fall for your prank. I know you too well by now!

Hmmm... Maybe I should have tried a better prank??? :confused3 I seemed to have upset a few people, as it was, I probably shouldn't try that one again.

Love it and I see more of that fabric that someone was kind enough to get for you. Still waiting to be paid for my time -- remember, it's only $500 an hour.

Yes, that person was amazing! Can't seem to remember who it was though. :confused3

OK, i have to ask, do you have Samantha's tricycle or sled? I am keeping my eye out for those because I know dd would love them, but I have yet to see a decent price. I was hoping once the holidays settle down e-bay prices may improve slightly. I need to get pics of them printed for my mother as well -- She is the thrift store/yard sale hound and is the one who found Samantha for us. DD is reading the books now. We have two other dvds form the library (Felicity and Kit) so we are going to watch Felicity together tonight.

Allison does have Samantha's tricycle... it is one of her favorite Sam items... I highly recommend it, have you joined any of the message boards yet? Sometimes you can find some great deals on there from other members - not stellar deals - more like fair market value - which is usually waaaaay better than Ebay. PM me if you want the links. :lovestruc

Where did you get your nail art pens? DD would love that. I just got us a cute set of polish from TJ's that has some pinks I don't like but dd does and she'd love Valentine's nails.

Mine are actually brushes... and I got them many years ago at Sally's Beauty Supply. However, Marianne said she got hers at Walmart (yes, I said the naughty word) - in the nail polish aisle - made by Crayola... She said she was glad she took the chance, because they are pretty good. I am only going to look for white, because that's all I need - I have every other color imaginable. If you saw my actual OPI nail polish collection - it's almost as bad as our AG collection...

D~ <--- who must go work out now... That 1 month break because of my rib pain/conveniently during the holidays, did NOTHING for my figure... :rolleyes1

First of all, you are such a trickster playing that little prank on us. :lmao: Glad you got all your gift cards called in. One step closer to your trip!

I've decided that I am keeping a journal of our trip, this time, so I can write a TR easier when I get home...

So, I wanted a journal cover... I followed the Toy Story theme. It was a fun and easy accessory to make. I designed this pattern myself, but there are many out there, I was just too cheap to buy one. :rolleyes1

th_IMG_25121.jpg

D~
LOVE it. I think you will have time to take a few notes while you are eating since your girls are old enough to fend for themselves. It will be nice to have all those memories preserved like you did with your passporter.

While I am in town, I am going to hit Walgreens to look for some white nail art paint (I used to have white, but the girls broke it a few years ago, and I've never replaced it)... I did a cute Donald design on my pinky nail as a test run for Disney yesterday - and it turned out pretty good... But I think it would look better with white dots, and a yellow band, rather than how it is now??? :confused3 Thanks to Marianne for telling me who carried the nail art polish... I think she should post pics of her nails on her TR, as well... I think people would love them.

th_aIMG_2517.jpg

D~
This looks great (and I'm totally impressed you did that yourself). I think the white dots would be cute too. Everyone in back of you to see Donald will be very upset with you since I think Donald will be admiring your outfit and accessories. :laughing: He will be so happy to have someone show him some love as he always gets upset when Mickey gets all the attention.

I think your budget for souveniers sounds good. Your girls are old enough to understand the concept of a budget and you have a great grasp of what things cost and what you want. I think it is great to have a little extra money but the credit card will be available for emergencies (not shopping emergencies) so you shouldn't need too much more then you are planning for. We tend to stay out of the stores as a family and on our past trip my DD was surprised that she didn't really find anything that she wanted. She usually wants something from every ride gift store we walk through.

As for the Epcot passports - on our last trip my DH never got around to printing out new ones for the kids (his only trip related task :headache: ) so we just had the cast members stamp and sign the kids autograph books. It worked out fine and it was one less thing to keep track of.

Since I'm hogging your PTR anyway I was wondering if you could send the link for the AG group you belong to. My DD is dying to have a Lanie doll. I have not done any research but I'm afraid to even look at that auction site.

Also, over Christmas break I got to peak at my Grandmother's sewing machine in my mom's attic. It is a 15-91 Singer and looks to be in decent shape. My mom said I could have it (just don't tell my aunt!) but I left it at my mom's house and maybe I can get my dad to help me get it back in shape on one of my future visits.

Thanks for your bad influence :rotfl2:

I love the AG movies.

We actually went to an event thru the AG store when Kit opened. We went to the Ziefield Theatre here in NY to watch the movie and then dinner at AG Place it was fun.

C was just mentioning she wanted to go back so maybe we will try to get there soon for a girls day.
Sometime this spring or summer I would like to take dd to the AG store in DC. I'm sure the one in NYC is a thousand times nicer, but it's not doable as a day trip. The only movie I watched so far was Samantha and I absolutely loved it.

Anytime... Glad to help you out! :thumbsup2 (I can't wait for you to have a PTR, so I can claim it for my own... Marianne - would you hurry up and buy Andrea's house please??? She might even let you have part of her PTR, as well???)

I am sorry that your dog wasn't feeling well... I am glad he is feeling better now.

Hmmm... Maybe I should have tried a better prank??? :confused3 I seemed to have upset a few people, as it was, I probably shouldn't try that one again.

Yes, that person was amazing! Can't seem to remember who it was though. :confused3

Allison does have Samantha's tricycle... it is one of her favorite Sam items... I highly recommend it, have you joined any of the message boards yet? Sometimes you can find some great deals on there from other members - not stellar deals - more like fair market value - which is usually waaaaay better than Ebay. PM me if you want the links. :lovestruc

Mine are actually brushes... and I got them many years ago at Sally's Beauty Supply. However, Marianne said she got hers at Walmart (yes, I said the naughty word) - in the nail polish aisle - made by Crayola... She said she was glad she took the chance, because they are pretty good. I am only going to look for white, because that's all I need - I have every other color imaginable. If you saw my actual OPI nail polish collection - it's almost as bad as our AG collection...

D~ <--- who must go work out now... That 1 month break because of my rib pain/conveniently during the holidays, did NOTHING for my figure... :rolleyes1
You can't remember? Have you been hanging around Cheryl too much? You can just send me the tricycle as payment :)

DDog just hopped on my lap and he's smelly again though I can't figure out where it's coming from -- yes I even smelled his tush and that was fine. He's already had three baths this week. I fear with the odor he's still sick. I'm really sensitive to smell though.

I will PM you for the links b/c I haven't perused any AG boards yet. DD is upset b/c her hangers haven't arrived yet. We ordered them the day after Xmas and they were supposed to be here on the 3rd. Yesterday they were listed as "out for delivery" at 9:53am and it still says that today. They had better come today! How long does it take to deliver a couple of set of hangers? The holiday season is over so I'd expect packages to be more timely now. I'm too cheap to pay for any express shipping.

I will check for the crayola nail art -- weird that crayola would make it!

Have fun at work. I need to take down Christmas decor today which is exactly why I'm sitting at the computer right now (not that I'm one to procrastinate).

Ooooohhh! I LOVE the nail art!!!

DD13 and I were looking for some ideas awhile back for our nails for our upcoming trip too. There is a thread on here somewhere with all sorts of ideas - i have no clue how to find it again though. lol.

We got a few nail art pens at Walmart too - they are Sally Hansen so definitely in the nail polish section. Our favorite products though are the Nail Jazz kits. We found them at a large local craft sale but they are online too at www.nailjazz.com Not sure if they are American based or Canadian b/c i didn't order mine onlline. We have 2 of their kits plus some jewels and love love love it!!!

Yesterday I played Good Daughter.

Today I went to the quilting group at church.

You'd think I might have something I should be doing now, but DH is at basketball, so here I be.

I quilted the cover, added a magnetic snap to the end of the closure, and a pen loop for a pen. I made it to fit a 5 Star small notebook, not the really small ones, because those are too thick and small, it's the next size up, I chose the 5 Star because they are more durable front and back. :thumbsup2

th_IMG_25121.jpg

th_IMG_25132.jpg

th_IMG_25143.jpg

Have a great day everyone! :)

D~

That looks great. So much classier that a book with 'Journal' written on the front. I might have to borrow the concept.

D~ first I want to thank you for stepping in and keeping my ptr going. With the kids being back in school I had to do some after Xmas shopping. TJMaxx is wealthier thanks to me ;) Doing my part to keep the economy alive. I also have a sick dog :sad1: He was sick on Monday and then yesterday I came home form picking the kids up form school and a quick library stop to walk into a very stinky house. I spent an hour cleaning vomit, diarrhea and bathing one gross dog. He seemed back to normal immediately, but I am fearing he may need a vet trip if this happens again.

I was starting to think maybe you snuck off to WDW -- afterall you've been writing this PTR for about five years now. Sorry it was for being busy and doggie issues -- especially doggie issues. :sad1:

You can't remember? Have you been hanging around Cheryl too much? You can just send me the tricycle as payment :)

Cheryl? Did I hear my name? :banana: :banana: :banana:

C :hippie:

H :cheer2:

E :woohoo:

R :cool1:

Y :flower3:

L :dogdance:

:upsidedow<------Me, who must apologize -- was someone writing a PTR here????

It makes me happy to know you'd never sell it. Most of my collection is still at my parents' house and I know they won't get rid of it, but I really need to do something about how they store it so it will be better preserved. Maybe when you come to RI this summer you can help me :) Remember, free room and board at Mimi's house!!!

Now, that would be INSANITY!!!! It's crazy enough as it is... We'd have waaaay too much fun - I think. However, no matter where I live, I'll probably always be chained to Patience - so you'd still have to text shop for me.
:rolleyes1 I don't know what you're talking about :rotfl2:
And besides, just think of the insane vintage machine collection we could have if we were BOTH hunting :)

While I am in town, I am going to hit Walgreens to look for some white nail art paint (I used to have white, but the girls broke it a few years ago, and I've never replaced it)... I did a cute Donald design on my pinky nail as a test run for Disney yesterday - and it turned out pretty good... But I think it would look better with white dots, and a yellow band, rather than how it is now??? Thanks to Marianne for telling me who carried the nail art polish... I think she should post pics of her nails on her TR, as well... I think people would love them.

aIMG_2517.jpg

D~
Um - are you a lefty? That's your RIGHT pinky nail, correct? If you're not a lefty you really need to teach nail art lessons (well, even if you ARE a lefty you should, because that's way more fabulous than mine)!!!
And, just for you, I will make a nail art page for my TR . . . Now I have to remember what else I did for nail art besides the one I sent you a pic of :confused3
I'll have to redo them and snap some pics because I don't think I have any from the trip :rolleyes1

Oh! How I wish!!! Believe me, Andrea, I would in a heartbeat if I could! It is still my dream to own a house in RI and Saunderstown is high on my list of places in RI. Jamestown, of course, being first . . . because honestly I think it would be hard for me to live in RI and NOT live in Jamestown, but it's SO expensive. I'd live in Saunderstown or the southern part of NK, Narragansett or South Kingstown (the Wakefield/Peacedale area).

The ones I have are fine tip pens (like paint pens) and not brushes. I just need to find something that keeps them from chipping! The base coat stuff definitely HELPS a LOT (that stuff I texted you the other day, D~) but even though I use the OPI top coat, my nails still chip :( Any suggestions? It's frustrating to spend the time to paint my nails and then have it chip off - I only get so many chances with these crazy boys running around!

Cheryl? Did I hear my name? :banana: :banana: :banana:

C :hippie:

H :cheer2:

E :woohoo:

R :cool1:

Y :flower3:

L :dogdance:

:upsidedow<------Me, who must apologize -- was someone writing a PTR here????

Cheryl, I :love: you! I can only imagine getting to meet you in person. I think you must be just one fabulous person to be out and about with :)

FYI... I had waaay too many smilies - so I had to go back and take all of everyone's out, plus a lot of mine... So, I hope my statements are conveyed the right way???

First of all, you are such a trickster playing that little prank on us. Glad you got all your gift cards called in. One step closer to your trip!

Sorry 'bout that... Sometimes the prankster in me shines through. :thumbsup2

LOVE it. I think you will have time to take a few notes while you are eating since your girls are old enough to fend for themselves. It will be nice to have all those memories preserved like you did with your passporter.

I hope so... As long as I sit in between them, so I can be the peacekeeper. Do you think, if I beg them a lot, they won't fight for the whole vacation and make me a happy mom?? :wizard: Doubtful... but I'm gonna try.

This looks great (and I'm totally impressed you did that yourself). I think the white dots would be cute too. Everyone in back of you to see Donald will be very upset with you since I think Donald will be admiring your outfit and accessories. He will be so happy to have someone show him some love as he always gets upset when Mickey gets all the attention.

I hope so. Then all those people in line will be all jealous because they didn't get the Donald love that I did. :lovestruc I'll betcha, the next time they go to WDW... they'll wear a Donald outfit too. :thumbsup2

I think your budget for souveniers sounds good. Your girls are old enough to understand the concept of a budget and you have a great grasp of what things cost and what you want. I think it is great to have a little extra money but the credit card will be available for emergencies (not shopping emergencies) so you shouldn't need too much more then you are planning for. We tend to stay out of the stores as a family and on our past trip my DD was surprised that she didn't really find anything that she wanted. She usually wants something from every ride gift store we walk through.

Yah, I made my list for everything I still need for our trip - as in $$. And my thought is this... I will pay everything off first. Then I will start saving for souveniers... Whatever I have when we leave will get split 3 ways (well, maybe a bit extra for me, since I am the on working for most of it). That way I won't feel too much pressure. We won't die with out souveniers. :wizard:

As for the Epcot passports - on our last trip my DH never got around to printing out new ones for the kids (his only trip related task :headache: ) so we just had the cast members stamp and sign the kids autograph books. It worked out fine and it was one less thing to keep track of.

Actually, that is a perfect idea. Allison just happens to have an autograph book - and we know where it is.

Since I'm hogging your PTR anyway I was wondering if you could send the link for the AG group you belong to. My DD is dying to have a Lanie doll. I have not done any research but I'm afraid to even look at that auction site.

Sent it, and I think I saw that you were approved yesterday. :lovestruc

Also, over Christmas break I got to peak at my Grandmother's sewing machine in my mom's attic. It is a 15-91 Singer and looks to be in decent shape. My mom said I could have it (just don't tell my aunt!) but I left it at my mom's house and maybe I can get my dad to help me get it back in shape on one of my future visits.

Thanks for your bad influence

C'mon now... I can't be allll bad??? Actually, that is a great machine - it's Patience. :lovestruc Let me know when you get it - I'll be happy to help you out. Always happy to turn someone to the Vintage side. :wizard:

Sometime this spring or summer I would like to take dd to the AG store in DC. I'm sure the one in NYC is a thousand times nicer, but it's not doable as a day trip. The only movie I watched so far was Samantha and I absolutely loved it.

Samantha is my all time fav AG movie - prepare yourself to be a bit disappointed with the rest... Although - Kit is a very close second.

You can't remember? Have you been hanging around Cheryl too much? You can just send me the tricycle as payment

Allison would not be happy if I did that. :rolleyes1

DDog just hopped on my lap and he's smelly again though I can't figure out where it's coming from -- yes I even smelled his tush and that was fine. He's already had three baths this week. I fear with the odor he's still sick. I'm really sensitive to smell though.

I love our Rufus to death - but I am sooo sorry - I could NEVER smell his tush. I'll leave that for Josh.

I will PM you for the links b/c I haven't perused any AG boards yet. DD is upset b/c her hangers haven't arrived yet. We ordered them the day after Xmas and they were supposed to be here on the 3rd. Yesterday they were listed as "out for delivery" at 9:53am and it still says that today. They had better come today! How long does it take to deliver a couple of set of hangers? The holiday season is over so I'd expect packages to be more timely now. I'm too cheap to pay for any express shipping.

I think I saw that you were approved yesterday too. The hangers should have been there by now. Sometimes, AG will send it through UPS, then at the very end they will deliver it to your local PO and they will then deliver it to you house with your regular mail. Annoying, I know, but they think it's a cost saving measure.

I will check for the crayola nail art -- weird that crayola would make it!

Have fun at work. I need to take down Christmas decor today which is exactly why I'm sitting at the computer right now (not that I'm one to procrastinate).

We had our tree and decorations down this last weekend - but we still had all the bins in the livingroom... I hauled all of them down to the basement yesterday - I couldn't stand it anymore.

Ooooohhh! I LOVE the nail art!!!

DD13 and I were looking for some ideas awhile back for our nails for our upcoming trip too. There is a thread on here somewhere with all sorts of ideas - i have no clue how to find it again though. lol.

We got a few nail art pens at Walmart too - they are Sally Hansen so definitely in the nail polish section. Our favorite products though are the Nail Jazz kits. We found them at a large local craft sale but they are online too at www.nailjazz.com Not sure if they are American based or Canadian b/c i didn't order mine onlline. We have 2 of their kits plus some jewels and love love love it!!!

Thanks! I found a few nail art threads, and happily perused them. Actually, I think my bff has one of those nail art kits... Not sure if it's the same - it sounds like it - she bought it at the state fair. All I need is white, I was supposed to hunt for it yesterday, but I decided to stay home and sew instead. I need to run errands today - so I'll be looking. :lovestruc

Yesterday I played Good Daughter.

Today I went to the quilting group at church.

You'd think I might have something I should be doing now, but DH is at basketball, so here I be.

You are such a good daughter. :lovestruc I spend waaay more time here than I should too.

That looks great. So much classier that a book with 'Journal' written on the front. I might have to borrow the concept.

You should - it was a fun little project to do.

Cheryl? Did I hear my name?

C

H

E

R

Y

L

<------Me, who must apologize -- was someone writing a PTR here????

I hope to meet you someday too... But not at my house - somewhere on neutral ground. :rotfl2:

It makes me happy to know you'd never sell it. Most of my collection is still at my parents' house and I know they won't get rid of it, but I really need to do something about how they store it so it will be better preserved. Maybe when you come to RI this summer you can help me Remember, free room and board at Mimi's house!!!

I would love to come to RI this summer... I am hoping they bump us on the way home, then I'd have free airfare to RI to visit! :lovestruc

:rolleyes1 I don't know what you're talking about
And besides, just think of the insane vintage machine collection we could have if we were BOTH hunting

Oh, for cryin' out loud.... Josh would surely have me committed. Maybe Cheryl could give me a good recommendation?

Um - are you a lefty? That's your RIGHT pinky nail, correct? If you're not a lefty you really need to teach nail art lessons (well, even if you ARE a lefty you should, because that's way more fabulous than mine)!!!

Wow!! You are observant... I am a lefty. LOL I didn't even think of that when I posted it. But to be honest, I don't do half bad on my left hand either. :rolleyes1 My worst problem is that I shake a lot, and it annoys the crap out of me... Only when I do certain things, like when I am trying to be precise, or when I am drinking (anything - not just adult beverages. :laughing:) There's something about lifting my hand up like that, that makes me shake? Weird, I know... Dr.s did lots of tests about 10 years ago, and the just told me I am special and sent me home. :confused3

And, just for you, I will make a nail art page for my TR . . . Now I have to remember what else I did for nail art besides the one I sent you a pic of
I'll have to redo them and snap some pics because I don't think I have any from the trip :rolleyes1

Yay!!! I can't wait to see... I've been watching for an update again. Althoug, don't do it all at once, you should drag your TR out for a little bit - otherwise you'll be done. :sad1:

The ones I have are fine tip pens (like paint pens) and not brushes. I just need to find something that keeps them from chipping! The base coat stuff definitely HELPS a LOT (that stuff I texted you the other day, D~) but even though I use the OPI top coat, my nails still chip Any suggestions? It's frustrating to spend the time to paint my nails and then have it chip off - I only get so many chances with these crazy boys running around!

I know, I did the rest of my nails after I did my pinky, just to see how it would look, but I didn't put any clear coat over them, and they were worn off by the end of the day yesterday. However, my pinky is still intact because I laquered the crap out of it. LOL

Cheryl, I you! I can only imagine getting to meet you in person. I think you must be just one fabulous person to be out and about with

I know... If only they'd let us take her out of the institute on a day pass. :worship:

OK - so I did lots of trip related things yesterday...

First of all, I added our dining plans to my Mini-Planner pages, so I know what we are doing for food each day... As in a day that we have two TS meals, it would look like this TS + SN + TS... So we don't accidentally spend them all at once. Kind of like a mini budget for our DDP.

Then, I added the Dis-Meet info to my MP and to my main calendar - it's important to me, and I didn't want to forget about it, and I keep meaning to add it, but I haven't yet, so I did. LOL

Also, I figured out exactly what I need to pay for yet, and how much I need to save. I still need to pay for our baggage fees ($100 r/t), Photopass share (budgeted $30), Tips ($160), I would also like to bring some extra cash (not sure how much yet, thinking $200) - and then souveniers (which I haven't decided on a price for those yet) - I do know that I will buy the Disney GC at Target again, so I can get my discount, for instance, if we were to get $200 each, it would cost us $170 each.

Just to elaborate on the $200 cash for incidentals, because I would like your opinions on that... I was planning to use it for if we need any extras that we forgot to pack, any extra meals we want that are oop and for meals at the airport. I guess I really need to go refine that number, because I know how many meals we will have to do oop... brb... OK - so figuring out what we are going to spend just on OOP breakfasts and the one CS meal at DTD - with a large bumper, that will be about $140. So, that would leave us $60 extra for anything that we forgot or an extra meal if we are hungry. Do you think that $60 is enough for that? :surfweb:

Hmmm... What else did I do yesterday???

Oh, I sewed. :banana: I made a huge dent in my next bag. As long as the person I am making it for anwers the questions I sent her - I should be able to finish up tonight/tomorrow morning and get pictures posted. I must say - it's turning out really awesome - I just love it! :lovestruc And no, that does not mean I will be making one for myself this time. :rotfl2:

D~

Because Liddy posted her spreadsheet - I thought I would post mine too... Nothing fancy, and it still might get tweeked a bit... I just wanted to have an 'at a glance' reference guide... As if I don't have enough of them already. LOL

spreadsheet.jpg

D~

Because Liddy posted her spreadsheet - I thought I would post mine too... Nothing fancy, and it still might get tweeked a bit... I just wanted to have an 'at a glance' reference guide... As if I don't have enough of them already. LOL

th_spreadsheet.jpg

D~

Thanks for being a copycat. :thumbsup2

Also ... you may want to go back and check your CC numbers. I noticed some were a bit higher than they should be. ;)

I like your chart, what a great quick reference that will be very handy in the park. Like how you wrote "avoid ABC Commissary" and the places to get yummy snacks.

One thing I have done on our past two trips is to make an individual page for each day that I left in the room. I had a sheet for each day (and gave my mom a copy). It listed our general plan for the day (so my parents would know), what the kids were going to wear, a park packing list of things I needed for the day - this was usually the same stuff but some days I had to add things like Epcot Passport, flip flops for Kali River Rapids, light up toys if we were staying late for a firworks. It really helped me remember everything I needed.

Thanks for being a copycat. :thumbsup2

Also ... you may want to go back and check your CC numbers. I noticed some were a bit higher than they should be. ;)

CC numbers???? :confused3

D- great chart.

I loved my little reference book this past trip.

Thanks! I am glad your Mini-Planner worked for you... I am hoping that Stephanie reviews hers soon. Was there anything that you wished you had put in it?

I like your chart, what a great quick reference that will be very handy in the park. Like how you wrote "avoid ABC Commissary" and the places to get yummy snacks.

LOL I will probably add other things to it later, just notes to myself - this is just my rough draft to see what Lidian does, then I can copy her. :rotfl2:

One thing I have done on our past two trips is to make an individual page for each day that I left in the room. I had a sheet for each day (and gave my mom a copy). It listed our general plan for the day (so my parents would know), what the kids were going to wear, a park packing list of things I needed for the day - this was usually the same stuff but some days I had to add things like Epcot Passport, flip flops for Kali River Rapids, light up toys if we were staying late for a firworks. It really helped me remember everything I needed.

That is an excellent idea. I was thinking of making something similar for the girls, in case we get seperated... I doubt that'll happen, but you never know. I like having a list of extras we need to pack for the following days - now that the girls are older, it's not quite as big of a deal - but I agree, things like the Passports are just nice to have ready to go. :thumbsup2

D~

Soooo... I worked out a trade with Stephanie (aka: Nowellsl)... I can't show you what I made for her, because I don't know if she has received it yet... But it's a zip wallet to match her purse... Anyways...

I came home from grocery shopping today, and there was a box on our front porch... I thought, "hmmm, I haven't ordered anything recently... Unless I ordered those zebra shoes and I forgot..." :rotfl2:

Nope, it was my trade with Stephanie... She traded me a few trader pins for one of my zip wallets. :thumbsup2

aIMG_2520.jpg

Sadly - there is a couple of Donald pins in there that I might just have to keep for myself. :rotfl2: :rolleyes1

However, she snuck in some pixie dust too... :lovestruc Sneaky girl...

Look what she found for me...

aIMG_2521.jpg

Isn't he cuuuuute?

And the back...

aIMG_2522.jpg

So, Stephanie... Thank you so much - that was so sweet of you!!! You really didn't have to do that, but I love Pixie Dust, and you made my day! :lovestruc

D~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter