~ Sew Sweet 16 ~I’m packing your angry eyes just in case~Aug 2014~ BFF' bag 8/20!!!!

The alternator went in my car this week- all the lights were flashing and then the whole thing just shut down. Lots of fun, but all better now!

Safe travels!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Glad the road trip is a go! I love a good road trip, DH is not quite so fond of them, and we haven't pushed the girls past the 2.5 hours to Orlando yet - they are difficult enough on the short trip.

Charlotte and I slept in the spare bedroom again last night. I got her down slightly earlier and she slept through the night again. She was funny this morning - she asked for a bottle and I said "What? We don't have those anymore." She said, "We gave the to the babies!" She's getting it I just need to find a way to get her down at night that will result in us sleeping in our own beds.

Enjoy your time with your dad! Hope you have a productive day and a safe trip.

have a great time with your Dad this weekend! We are leaving early in the am tomorrow. I will post periodically on FB and I am taking my Kindle, so I should be able to post here too.

Made my ADRs today!

The road trip sounds like fun.
Great news that your doctor appointment went so well and that your blood work is normal.

I can't wait to hear how V's blood work went.

The customer with the laptop at Target sounds like a pain in the ***.

And we will - it should be a fun trip. Trust me - after 17 hours + in the car with him each way... We will have pleanty of time to reconnect (read: annoy each other).

This just cracked me up!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I hope you had a safe trip to your Dad's and that your visit is wonderful.

I wanted to take a moment to share with you all...

I arrived at my dad's yesterday, he wasn't home... I thought to myself that he couldn't be far away... So I dropped my bags and went on an adventure. After a but of hall walking, there I found him, by the mailboxes... The post man had just finished delivering the days mail, and my dad was waiting for his next card or letter, from one of you.

So, to those of you who have sent him cards, letters or gifts... From the absolute bottom of my heart, thank you! :grouphug: I know, for a fact, this is the only mail he has received, he has not received anything from any other person/family member, which breaks my heart. Your cards and letters make him feel remembered and loved, and for that, I am beyond grateful.

While reading these cards and letters yesterday, I had to choke back the tears... All of you are so thoughtful and generous to a man whom you have never met. I could not have asked God for better friends! I am so very lucky to have each of you in my life, and so is my dad. :hug:

20140307_181019.jpg

20140307_182453.jpg

As a side note... And I hate to ask, as all of you have done so much already... But his birthday is coming up (March 27th)... I know he would love a birthday card or two... Even if it's hand made... Just to know he is remembered. :thumbsup2

Much love and many hugs to all of you!

D~

Sorry about the rude customer. I worked in customer service for years in my twenties while I was going to school. I always ended up with the problem customers cause I was usually the only MOD. It SUCKED!!!! I think that everyone should have to do some sort of customer/food service in their lives so maybe they would think about the big picture before they go crazy on people just trying to do their jobs!!! Now I work at a hospital and though people can still be rude, it is usually because they are SICK, so it's easier to give them a pass!!! (plus we sedate them.....so it's usually short lived!! :rotfl:) Anyhow, rant over. Thanks

aaaaaw, I love a road trip!!!! Greg flips cars for a living so we routinely have to go pick up a car, well, he does anyways...I tag along when I can!! :love:

I LOVE that so many people have shown your dad some love!!! I'm gonna send you a pm for his address. The girls love a reason to use my scrapbooking supplies. Birthday card, here we come!!!:lovestruc

Sorry about the rude customer. I worked in customer service for years in my twenties while I was going to school. I always ended up with the problem customers cause I was usually the only MOD. It SUCKED!!!! I think that everyone should have to do some sort of customer/food service in their lives so maybe they would think about the big picture before they go crazy on people just trying to do their jobs!!! Now I work at a hospital and though people can still be rude, it is usually because they are SICK, so it's easier to give them a pass!!! (plus we sedate them.....so it's usually short lived!! :rotfl:) Anyhow, rant over. Thanks

LOL!

I worked in customer service way too long! Even when I was middle management in an insurance company, I was the one they sent irate customers to... I think it helped that I had 3 teenagers at the time....I knew how to deal with childish behavior and not let it bother me... My mother worked in Food Service her whole life and I started there at 15 washing dishes...I learned from her to try and figure out why they were being jerks...and then to find a way to show them just how jerky they were... my mom could get the most irate person to apologize to her...still not sure how she did it!

But I like your solution better....sedate them!

I concur that everyone should do at least one season in customer service. Might make people at least thank their server/cashier/etc, which is an amazing thing.

I'll PM you to send something to your Dad, D. My mom's B'day is the 23rd and she's going to be 80!

I completely understand whirlwind stops on a longer trip - my husband and I had one of those during an Easter weekend when we drove from college (approximately 5 hours south of Chicago), saw a matinee performance of Wicked, went to his Mom's to stay the night, went to his Grandma's about 2 hours north in Wisconsin for Easter brunch, then drove from his Grandma's to my parents, which was another 5 hour drive in time for dinner, then had an hour and a half drive back to school.

And even if your schedule allowed for more time to visit more people in each place I'm not certain if my schedule would allow it - my oldest has spring break the week after your girls.

And since I've only been actively participating on the DIS for about 6 months I wouldn't want to butt in to plans with longtime friends.

It's going to be an interesting trip - that's for sure. :rolleyes1

And seriously - I LOVE all of my Dis friends, whether they have been posting on the dis for 10 years or 10 days, and I would jump at the chance to meet any of them! You included. :flower3:

I just know - on this particular trip, we will be arriving in the afternoon one day and leaving bright n' early the following morning - so it really will be a SHORT stop.

Haha romantic getaway - thought you could use the laugh!!! :)

LOL Ann - it was a great laugh. Thanks! :rotfl:

The alternator went in my car this week- all the lights were flashing and then the whole thing just shut down. Lots of fun, but all better now!

Safe travels!

Oh no!!! That is awful! I detest car problems... They are always the worst and they always seem to hit you when you are down. I hope it happened to you in a safe place and you were able to get it fixed quickly.

And I'm only about 3 hours away...... This could turn into something epic if it happen.s

D~ Have a wonderful weekend with your Dad!

I would LOVE it if all of you could plan a road trip to see me in TN :thumbsup2 That would TOTALLY make my YEAR!!! 3 of my favorite Disers that I would LOVE to meet IRL... We will be there a week from Monday, and probably Tuesday too - then leaving Wed morning.

Need to know when your coming!!! need a clean house AND time off of work!

I sent you a text yesterday morning... My phone was being really stupid yesterday... :rolleyes1 I texted a lot of people yesterday morning, and all of their replies came in at 10:23 last night. :confused3

Glad the road trip is a go! I love a good road trip, DH is not quite so fond of them, and we haven't pushed the girls past the 2.5 hours to Orlando yet - they are difficult enough on the short trip.

Well, it's not 100% a go yet... I still need to find someone to take my shift at Target. Then it will be a go... Otherwise, it will be a no-go for me. pirate:

Charlotte and I slept in the spare bedroom again last night. I got her down slightly earlier and she slept through the night again. She was funny this morning - she asked for a bottle and I said "What? We don't have those anymore." She said, "We gave the to the babies!" She's getting it I just need to find a way to get her down at night that will result in us sleeping in our own beds.

Enjoy your time with your dad! Hope you have a productive day and a safe trip.

Awww... Those are such sweet years... I miss it so much! I hope you are able to find a way to get her to sleep in her own bed. When the girls were little, we always just put them in their beds, shut off all the lights in the house, and went to bed ourselves... They never had a problem going to sleep. We were very lucky with that.

have a great time with your Dad this weekend! We are leaving early in the am tomorrow. I will post periodically on FB and I am taking my Kindle, so I should be able to post here too.

Made my ADRs today!

Thanks Tess - I did have a great time with him. I hope you had a safe trip, and I hope you are enjoying the warm sunshine! :beach:

The road trip sounds like fun.
Great news that your doctor appointment went so well and that your blood work is normal.

Yes, I am excited for it - I just hope I can go... Hopefully someone takes my Target shift for next week.

I can't wait to hear how V's blood work went.

Oooh - I forgot to post about that. The Dr. did call, I will post the results below so everyone can see them. :thumbsup2

The customer with the laptop at Target sounds like a pain in the ***.

Yah, she was. Unfortunately - I am certain, no matter what we would have done, she would have been upset. Some people just can't be nice. :confused3

And we will - it should be a fun trip. Trust me - after 17 hours + in the car with him each way... We will have pleanty of time to reconnect (read: annoy each other).

This just cracked me up!!!

I hope you had a safe trip to your Dad's and that your visit is wonderful.

Thanks Lois - it's the truth. The car we are driving down is a VW Bug... :rotfl2: And it's a manual transmission... I can drive one, but it's been close to 2 decades since I have driven one... And since this is a brand new car - I think I will leave the driving to Josh, as I don't want to be the one to wreck it. :scared: That is, if someone takes my Target shift, so I can even go...

Thanks - I did have a good trip to my Dad's. It was fun seeing him and spending time with him.

Have fun with your dad!!

Good Weekend Everyone

Thanks Ruth- I did.

Sorry about the rude customer. I worked in customer service for years in my twenties while I was going to school. I always ended up with the problem customers cause I was usually the only MOD. It SUCKED!!!! I think that everyone should have to do some sort of customer/food service in their lives so maybe they would think about the big picture before they go crazy on people just trying to do their jobs!!! Now I work at a hospital and though people can still be rude, it is usually because they are SICK, so it's easier to give them a pass!!! (plus we sedate them.....so it's usually short lived!!) Anyhow, rant over. Thanks

ROFL! I would love to sedate them! :thumbsup2

aaaaaw, I love a road trip!!!! Greg flips cars for a living so we routinely have to go pick up a car, well, he does anyways...I tag along when I can!!

How fun! I would love to do this more often... Hopefully it works out that I can get the time off of work. I am a bit nervous about driving through Chicago - praying we don't take a wrong turn and end up in a bad neighborhood. :scared:

I LOVE that so many people have shown your dad some love!!! I'm gonna send you a pm for his address. The girls love a reason to use my scrapbooking supplies. Birthday card, here we come!!!

Yay!!! Me too - I love it - and he loves it! It's so nice, and he loves being remembered. I did respond to your PM, thanks so much! :hug:

LOL!

I worked in customer service way too long! Even when I was middle management in an insurance company, I was the one they sent irate customers to... I think it helped that I had 3 teenagers at the time....I knew how to deal with childish behavior and not let it bother me... My mother worked in Food Service her whole life and I started there at 15 washing dishes...I learned from her to try and figure out why they were being jerks...and then to find a way to show them just how jerky they were... my mom could get the most irate person to apologize to her...still not sure how she did it!

But I like your solution better....sedate them!

Hahaha... It sounds like your mom had an amazing gift! :thumbsup2 I would love to have that ability.

I concur that everyone should do at least one season in customer service. Might make people at least thank their server/cashier/etc, which is an amazing thing.

I'll PM you to send something to your Dad, D. My mom's B'day is the 23rd and she's going to be 80!

Thanks Ruth - I will watch for your PM. :grouphug:

First off - before I forget, I will do an updae on V's bloodwork... The Dr. called - but I have not received the official numbers yet. All I know is that all of her numbers were good, but she is very low on Vitamin D... So, our entire family is on prescription Vitamin D pills - except for me (because my Dr. didn't test my Vitamin D... Grrrr.... ). So, I think I am just going to take it as a precaution, if my entire family is on high doses of it - it leads me to believe that I am probably low too... So, I will just take regular doses - which is probably better than nothing? :confused3

I had a great trip to my Dad's, it was super fun spending time with him. I also had breakfast with my foster-parents while my Dad was at church yesterday... So, I was able to do a lot of catching up with everyone.

Allison has her baby-think-it-over this weekend. It's one of those dolls that they give out for her Life Skills class... And it's pretty realistic... It cries - so then she has to figure out what it wants... A new diaper, feeding, burping, cuddling... It also has a "loose" neck, so if you let the neck fall (which V did yesterday, on accident) it SCREAMS forever. :eek: Anyways... Allison was able to have her teacher shut the baby off for a few hours yesterday, because Gus wanted to come over, but he wanted NOTHING to do with that baby. :rotfl2: So, Alli's teacher shut it off until 5pm... Well, at 5pm, Gus was still here... As it turns out - Gus had a change of heart and decided to stay and "help" with the baby... In all reality, Gus wouldn't let anyone else hold it the entire night. He held it and took care of it all through dinner, and then all through a movie. It was super funny... I have a few pictures... But I am not sure if I should share them here or not?
OK - maybe one, because I can't resist - it was just too cute. I also have to say that MM was very jealous... Usually when Gus comes over, MM is the center of attention... :rolleyes1

1926172_486463394792156_1092271775_o.jpg

I have to work in my sewing room this morning... I need to finish my custom orer bag from last week, and then maybe start on the zipper pull... I am running a wee bit behind. And you all know how I hate that.

I hope you all have a wonderful day! Sending out prayers and Pixie Dust to all who need it. :grouphug:

D~

Sounds like you had a great time with your dad.
How great that V's blood work was ok. Low vitamin D is normal winter time but I hope you all get the D vitamin up with the tablets.

The baby-think-it-over sounds like a pain in the ***. I'm so glad we don't have that here. I would have hated every minute of it :rotfl2:

Sorry about the rude customer. That is just crazy how much she kept going on.

Glad you had a great visit with your dad. I sent you a pm because the kids would love to make him some birthday cards!!

Too funny about her getting the baby turned off!! Mine doesn't have an off button!! (Well one that I can find anyways. :rotfl:) I remember we carried an egg baby and my sister had a 5 lb flour baby. At least those we could leave behind if we really wanted.

that's way too funny.. Yet a doll that's real life? NO STINKING WAY!!!

Good Luck in your sewing room.. Get it all done before your ROAD TRIP!!!
I have to do an update on mine Tom and kids were a RIOT this weekend!

It sounds like you had a great weekend with your dad. I worked in customer service for years and ran into some really crabby people. It takes so much energy to be rude. I went out with my daughter this weekend to get clothes for our trip. I have been wearing my new sandals all around the house. Can't wait to see the new bag. Have a great day!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter