~ Sew Sweet 16 ~I’m packing your angry eyes just in case~Aug 2014~ BFF' bag 8/20!!!!

I agree with cogero about your training. Sounds like you had a productive day yesterday :cool1:

Sounds like yesterday was a busy day! As always I can't wait to see your next bag and of course your secret projects!
For my birthday my daughters surprised me with the new pink disney tote bag! Now I have a special carry on bag for our trip next October.
Can you share your "power ball" recipe? I'm always looking for something like that!

I'm glad your workouts are starting to pay off. It's good to hear that you had a productive day.
I worked and it was a bad day. It was just me and the new girl. It was so busy. There was a glith in the schedule and no one else was scheduled until after 8:00 pm and that was for the big video game release last night. Hopefully there are more people working today.
Part of the problem is the reviews on the same freezers. We have one at work but I usually don't by appliances from Walmart. I would get my discount, though but if it isn't that good of a freezer in the first place, it's just a waste of money.
Liz

D, I give you all the credit in the world. There is no way I could exercise and do the things you are doing.

It sounds like you had a really productive day in the sewing room yesterday.

I'm sorry the crowd calendar has gone up for your days again. I am so hoping we can go around Labor Day and not mid-August this trip (although I don't want to miss seeing you, I just want to avoid all that rain and crowds).

Checking in, just a little behind. So excited to here about your next trip! And a special one too!!
We did celebrate by DD Sweet 16 in Disney. It was a GREAT trip!! We celebrated a few months early due to scheduling and we did go in August.
It was HOT, but we made the best of it. The worst, squeezing in everything in just 4 days :eek. On our reservations I told them we were celebrating her 16th birthday, so at every sit down meal we had a cupcake and the servers sang to her. DD got a birthday button and we all got a celebration button to wear. She was greeted with a "Happy Birthday" by everyone. She even got free FP to any ride she wanted one day by a cast member. If I remember any more details I will share. We had many surprises that trip and still till this day DD says it was the best way to spend her 16th birthday.
Love your new bag. I have so many favorites and each one is a beautiful piece of art.
I saw that you mentioned about a new machine and to check goodwill or craigslist. Have to say I bought another machine from craigslist :rolleyes1. It was the same machine that ended up breaking, and it came with a sewing table and chair for $35 :cool1: !!! The man originally wanted $125, a month prior to purchasing it and I said nah let it go, but a month later he lowered the price. The machine is great to work on and to have the extra table is great. I ended up taking the sewing chair and gave it a make over and now use it.
Prayers for Jennifer and her family.
Have a wonderful day!

D- I'm curious- how much weight do you lift when you do your weightlifting- if you don't mind me asking? The reason I ask is that I was really good about going to the gym this summer but have slacked off. I really enjoyed the strength training that I was doing. Do you own your own weights? That would really be nice to have my own equipment because then I could do my strength training at home.

I have an awesome breakfast recommendation for you since you're not sure about going back to Ohana. It's also at the Poly- KONA CAFE!! This is such a favorite of ours that we usually go twice every trip. The macadamia nut pancakes are to die for. You have to try it! I know you and your girls would love it! It is a favorite of our family's.

Have a great day!

Liesel

I have a little longer to fiigure out our adrs for our next trip. We usually go in mid September. With us it's not just when but how many My daughter will be married by then and her mother-in-law will be coming and maybe her daughter and family.
I got a pin code for a December stay in my e mail this morning. It's too bad I work in retail and could never get the time off.
Your last bag is so cute. i can totally understand not doing repeats. i've done a couple and have trouble keeping on task on the second one.
Sometime doing nothing on a Sunday is nice. We're still on a hunt for a new freezer. Who knew that it would be so hard to find a small one?
Liz

I'm glad your workouts are starting to pay off. It's good to hear that you had a productive day.
I worked and it was a bad day. It was just me and the new girl. It was so busy. There was a glith in the schedule and no one else was scheduled until after 8:00 pm and that was for the big video game release last night. Hopefully there are more people working today.
Part of the problem is the reviews on the same freezers. We have one at work but I usually don't by appliances from Walmart. I would get my discount, though but if it isn't that good of a freezer in the first place, it's just a waste of money.
Liz

Not sure exactly what you are looking for in a freezer Clio, but Lowe's in our area carries smaller freezers. We are looking to get one too in the not too distant future. We want to get some beef and need a freezer to keep it in.

I don't know if we are going to do the DDP next trip. Although we love the convenience of it, and feel it is a good value for us because we would spend about the same, we don't normally eat desserts with every meal and feel that we don't want them to go to waste, so many times we feel overstuffed when we get up from the table. We'd rather get an appetizer to share and skip the dessert. Haven't made any final decisions yet though.

Have to tell you that I got a number of compliments on my Jiminy bag today - at the polls no less!

Prayers for Jennifer and her family, of course. And just to let you all know - Kat is doing well.

Hi D~!

Thank you for sharing your personal story of transformation. I know it is a hard road to go down but you really look great and I congratulate you for your success to date and for keeping at it. :goodvibes

I'm a RPBC lover too so if those are anywhere in my sight, they are gone. I wish I had the same obsession over raw veggies. :rolleyes:

Enjoy your planning as you wait for your ADR window to open. :)

D the work outs will eventually even out when you are done toning and get to maintaining. I am just so very proud of you,.

I hope so... I am still on Stage 1 (for another 3 weeks) of 7 stages... I am a bit nervous for the next stages, but I do feel stronger - so that is good.

Praying for Jennifer! So glad you had such a productive day yesterday. I don't know about you, but I can always sleep so well when I have accomplished much during the day.

Thanks Oopsi. I slept pretty good that night, but this morning I was up at 3:30... I have a feeling that it will take me a few weeks to adjust to this time change. And to top it off - we have our first dusting of snow... :crazy2:

I agree with cogero about your training. Sounds like you had a productive day yesterday

Thanks Lillian... I know I need to be patient -but sometimes it's so hard. I just keep telling myself that time will pass regardless - so I might as well make the most of it, right? LOL

Sounds like yesterday was a busy day! As always I can't wait to see your next bag and of course your secret projects!
For my birthday my daughters surprised me with the new pink disney tote bag! Now I have a special carry on bag for our trip next October.
Can you share your "power ball" recipe? I'm always looking for something like that!

Yay!!! I am glad to hear you had a great birthday! And a new VB Disney tote is AWESOME!!!!

OK - here goes the Powerball Recipe (I like that name... I think I will use it)...

These are called Breakfast Bars and I found the recipe on elenaspantry.com

printer friendly

1 ¼ cup blanched almond flour
¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ cup grapeseed oil
¼ cup agave nectar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
½ cup pumpkin seeds
½ cup sunflower seeds
¼ cup blanched slivered almonds
¼ cup raisins

1.In a small bowl, combine almond flour, salt and baking soda
2.In a large bowl, combine grapeseed oil, agave and vanilla
3.Stir dry ingredients into wet
4.Mix in coconut, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, almond slivers and raisins
5.Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with grapeseed oil
6.Press the dough into the baking dish, wetting your hands with water to help pat the dough down evenly
7.Bake at 350° for 20 minutes
8.Cool bars in pan for 2 hours, then serve

Makes 12-16 bars/balls

There were a lot of "odd" ingredients for me to purchase to start off making these bars - and some of those ingredients were quite expensive... Like the Almond flour - $9.99/lb! Yikes, I was sure to get as little as possible - thankfully, that got me two batches of these beauties.

Yesterdays rendition was that I omitted the coconut, raisins and half of the grapeseed oil... Instead I added 3 TBSP chunky peanut butter, 4 TBSP chocolate chips & 1 TBSP water... These turned out like cookie balls... So yummy. I decided to put them in the freezer, because I have a feeling these could give me the same situation as the caramel corn.

Liz

Thank you! Sorry your day at work was bad... I have to work today and I hope we are super busy. I sure hope you are able to find a freezer soon... If all the reviews are questionable, then I would just by the cheapest one you can find and know that you will have to replace it sooner rather than later - as much as it pains me to say that.

D, I give you all the credit in the world. There is no way I could exercise and do the things you are doing.

It sounds like you had a really productive day in the sewing room yesterday.

I'm sorry the crowd calendar has gone up for your days again. I am so hoping we can go around Labor Day and not mid-August this trip (although I don't want to miss seeing you, I just want to avoid all that rain and crowds).

Hahaha... Thanks Kathy... I have to be pretty strict with my schedule or I don't get anything done. And it's really hard to work out this time of year when I have so much to be doing in my sewing room.

I don't blame you for wanting to miss the rain/crowds... I just don't feel like we were able to get nearly as much done on this last trip than we did on trips in the past - I think it was the miserable heat? Unfortunately - until the girls are out of school, we are forced to do school breaks/summer vacation. :rolleyes:

Checking in, just a little behind. So excited to here about your next trip! And a special one too!!
We did celebrate by DD Sweet 16 in Disney. It was a GREAT trip!! We celebrated a few months early due to scheduling and we did go in August.
It was HOT, but we made the best of it. The worst, squeezing in everything in just 4 days :eek. On our reservations I told them we were celebrating her 16th birthday, so at every sit down meal we had a cupcake and the servers sang to her. DD got a birthday button and we all got a celebration button to wear. She was greeted with a "Happy Birthday" by everyone. She even got free FP to any ride she wanted one day by a cast member. If I remember any more details I will share. We had many surprises that trip and still till this day DD says it was the best way to spend her 16th birthday.
Love your new bag. I have so many favorites and each one is a beautiful piece of art.
I saw that you mentioned about a new machine and to check goodwill or craigslist. Have to say I bought another machine from craigslist. It was the same machine that ended up breaking, and it came with a sewing table and chair for $35 !!! The man originally wanted $125, a month prior to purchasing it and I said nah let it go, but a month later he lowered the price. The machine is great to work on and to have the extra table is great. I ended up taking the sewing chair and gave it a make over and now use it.
Prayers for Jennifer and her family.
Have a wonderful day!

Hi Lynee! It's great to see you here! Thanks for the compliments. I am glad to hear that dd's 16th birthday was such a success, I hope we are able to figure out something special for the girls.

Congrats on your new machine! That is awesome! And a great price for it too! So, what kind of Singer was it? And how awesome about the sewing chair - some of those are pretty cool.

D- I'm curious- how much weight do you lift when you do your weightlifting- if you don't mind me asking? The reason I ask is that I was really good about going to the gym this summer but have slacked off. I really enjoyed the strength training that I was doing. Do you own your own weights? That would really be nice to have my own equipment because then I could do my strength training at home.

I have an awesome breakfast recommendation for you since you're not sure about going back to Ohana. It's also at the Poly- KONA CAFE!! This is such a favorite of ours that we usually go twice every trip. The macadamia nut pancakes are to die for. You have to try it! I know you and your girls would love it! It is a favorite of our family's.

Have a great day!

Liesel

Hi Liesel... Well, this is what I am up to... Don't laugh. I am squatting 51lbs... Deadlifting 53lbs... Shoulder pressing 20lbs (each arm)... Lunging 35lbs... Step ups 35lbs... Push ups are still done from my knees, but my nose goes to the floor... This is not everything I do - just some of the main stuff.

I have an olympic bar, but I need to invest in some weight plates very soon. To tide me over - I've been using my "Barbie-bells" and attaching them to my olympic bar with my 1lb leg weights... <--- Tightwad remember... But my biggest barbie-bell is 6lbs, so at some point, very soon, I am going to run out of weight to add. I also have a pull up bar that attaches over a door frame (which I haven't started using yet) and these weird "Block weights" - which start at 10 lbs and can be added to make them 45 each... The pull up bar and the block weights were BIL's before he moved to The Netherlands, so I was really happy to get them. I would like to start out by buying 2-5lb plates and 2-10lb plates, that should keep me going for a little while? I would also like to invest in some decent barbells, I have a set I found on clearance at Walmart - but they are kind of cheesy. They do their job for now, but if I decide to go any further into this - I am going to need to upgrade. We don't have a lot of space at home, but I prefer to work out here, as it's just more convenient for me.

I have heard great things about Kona from MANY people (Suzi being one of them) - I do need to try eating there some day, it sounds delicious!

Not sure exactly what you are looking for in a freezer Clio, but Lowe's in our area carries smaller freezers. We are looking to get one too in the not too distant future. We want to get some beef and need a freezer to keep it in.

I don't know if we are going to do the DDP next trip. Although we love the convenience of it, and feel it is a good value for us because we would spend about the same, we don't normally eat desserts with every meal and feel that we don't want them to go to waste, so many times we feel overstuffed when we get up from the table. We'd rather get an appetizer to share and skip the dessert. Haven't made any final decisions yet though.

Have to tell you that I got a number of compliments on my Jiminy bag today - at the polls no less!

Prayers for Jennifer and her family, of course. And just to let you all know - Kat is doing well.

Thanks for the update about Kat - I was going to ask about her today - so glad she is doing well. Does she have to go in for any more procedures?

I feel the same way about DDP - although this last trip, I feel like the girls and I did pretty good... I don't remember leaving too many meals as stuffed as we did the previous trip.

Super happy you got a few compliments on your Jiminy bag - I've been carrying mine since we've been home, I really need to swap out bags soon, because I don't want to wreck it before we go back.

Hi D~!

Thank you for sharing your personal story of transformation. I know it is a hard road to go down but you really look great and I congratulate you for your success to date and for keeping at it.

I'm a RPBC lover too so if those are anywhere in my sight, they are gone. I wish I had the same obsession over raw veggies.

Enjoy your planning as you wait for your ADR window to open.

Thanks Brenda! It was really difficult for me to "put it all out there" - but I felt like I needed to be accountable to myself somehow - and that seemed like a good place to do it. I just keep pressing forward and looking for positive changes anywhere I can find them. LOL

Yah - those RPBC are some bad stuff! I love PB anyways...

Getting very excited for our ADR window to open - I am hoping we have more solid dates very soon.

Yesterday was a great day for me... I did not get to work on my SSP or the stockings at all, but I did finish the applique for my current custom order - so I was happy about that.

We had leftovers for dinner last night.... :crazy2:

And then Josh and I watched some Netflix... Well, I watched Netflix - and he studied his new textbooks... He is taking a pretty intense course for work over the next few weeks, so it should be interesting - since he is taking it from home... We will be fighting over the desktop all day long. This also means I will have to work out and do my weight lifting in the livingroom (in front of the big bay window :crazy2:). <---- Not looking forward to that.

I work at Target today... Hopefully it's busy so it goes fast.

I hope you all have a fantastic day... Sending prayers out to all those who need them, I saw several of my Dis friends needing prayer over the last few days - so please know I am thinking and praying for all of you. I don't want to mention names, as I don't want to share your private troubles publically. :grouphug:

D~

Oh what the... I am first to SUBSCRIBE then my subscription is GONE! Poof!!!
:furious:

I am back. i am caught up...

I am SO PROUD of you getting the PH!!!! your going to LOVE IT. the freedom to do whatever you want! the EMH!!! :cool1:
awesome..
what do you think BFF will want to do for ressies???
you- and now Tess- with your SSP crap... :furious: drives me crazy here!!!! :surfweb:

as for the weight loss.. thanks for posting my fat you know what! :rotfl2: :rotfl: Just kidding!!!!!!! you are doing a great job and i am so proud of you keep up that great work!!!

Of course all of you are constantly in my prayers. ALWAYS...

now that i am back and i hope to stay that way bring on the good stuff!!!

I am caught up! The girls weekend at Food and Wine Festival last weekend was awesome, but it put me behind on everything! I wouldn't trade it though!

Hi D! I love your reports and your projects. You have inspired me to unpack my sewing machine and get to work for my June trip! My dd is 7 (will turn 8 mid trip) and loved all the outfits on other sites, so we are working on designing her outfits for her on our trip! And I'm gonna start a pre-trio report! Thanks for being an awesome inspiration!

Quick stop in to say :wave2:

Work + kitten + dog = no real sewing (I did get an applique primed & found some material that I want to use for Christmas goodies)

Have fun in the exciting world of holiday ramp-up retail!

Back to excruciatingly boring but absolutely necessary work.

I'm here too (I can't remember if I commented?!?). Glad to see you back and doing another great TR. We're entertaining an August trip, I think I might cry if I don't see Disney in 2014!

I'm with you on the weight loss. I've lost/gained the same weight over and over again. I just had my 2nd son in July and actually had lost weight after having him, but with being able to eat again (was SOOO sick during pregnancy), I've managed to gain that great jump start back:confused3. So, I'm with you on your journey, and no matter how slow progress is, it's progress... keep it up!:thumbsup2

Sounds like a good day in the sewing room yesterday. Having to go to the gym to work out would probably make it easier to make an excuse not to go. Although I would come up with plenty of excuses for working out at home too so more kudos to you for doing your workout regularly. :goodvibes

Actually sewing something today - a little bag to hold a diaper and wipes for Curtis's teacher as she is going to have a new baby soon (also giving her a gift card to Babies R Us since she is registered there. Of course kids don't get the concept of gift cards and like to give something that the person can open so Curtis wanted to give her an actual gift. ::yes::

Welcome! Super happy to have you here and following along!

Oooh - I wonder if our trips will overlap? Yes - it was definately hot... The HUGE benefit to this - I've found - is that the clothes you bring with are MUCH smaller to pack, so you can fit a lot more in the suitcase. :rotfl2: Which - in my case - leaves more room for bags. LOL

You'll have to let me know if we can plan a Dismeet. Are you on the Aug 2014 Facebook planning group yet?

D~

I am not on the Aug 2014 Fbook group...I did not know such an animal existed! I will have to look for that!

I'll figure out how to send a PM on here and send our dates to see if they overlap! If my DH and kids don't want to do a Dismeet they can just go do something else for awhile, LOL!!

Glad you had a productive day in your sewing room yesterday and I hope your work day goes quickly (mine could not end soon enough...I swear all the nuts are out in droves today...must be the rain).

Work out in front of your living room window? Oh my!

Glad you had a good day. Great job on your journey (weight and working out!!)

Hope today was a good day at Target! Can't wait to see the new bag also!

Prayers for everyone that needs them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter