~ Sew Sweet 16 ~I’m packing your angry eyes just in case~Aug 2014~ BFF' bag 8/20!!!!

I am super excited about this outfit... YOu all have NO idea!

It was decided a few weeks ago that I would wear one of my Donald outfits to AK, considering we have an early morning ADR at Tusker House... But which one to choose?

IMG_1646.jpg

IMG_1647.jpg

IMG_1648.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

I am just OVER THE MOON excited about this outfit! Seriously - it doesn't get much better than this!

I will start at the top of my head and work my way down...

My head gear - some of you will recognize from last year - was made by the fabulous Jennifer of Princess Pie Bowtique... As usual, her work is SUPURB!!! I recieved so many comments and compliments on our last trip, the girls and I could never walk more than 5 feet with out being stopped to ask about all of our bling... It was just awesome! :woohoo:

My jewels were made by the wonderful Erin from Pixie Twist designs... I just adore these!!! I brought them with me to Chicago and wore them - countless comments and compliments on these too! And even though they look a little bit chunky and big (that's the point really...) - they are SUPER comfy to wear, and I didn't even know I had them on. I highly recommend Erin- she does a great job!

My tank top... The applique was stitched out by me, but designed by the famous Heather Sue of froufroubyheathersue.com... She is an amazing designer and always the first place I look for any embroidery designs I use. To be quite honest - for my business, I only do things by hand, so it's super fun to be able to use HS's designs for our trip customs!

The shorts and belt... Meh... Nothing exciting about them.

The bag was done by me... You'll recognize it from our last trip too... I think you'll all agree - after carrying it for several days last year, it looks pretty darn good.

Finally - saving the best for last... The MOST AWESOME-EST shoes EVER!!!! These were done by the amazingly-talented Terri of The Walk Shop... I just don't even know what I can say about how awesome these shoes are... She did a fantastic job from top to bottom! I could't imagine them turning out any better... And seriously - she is the sweetest person EVER!!! I am so lucky I was able to snag a pair of her shoes before everyone found her and booked her solid! LOL

I am just beyond excited to wear this outfit! We are going to have so much fun this day! :woohoo:

D~

I am super excited about this outfit... YOu all have NO idea!

D~

I have not been following your PTR this year, but I did follow this picture over from your facebook post - this is fabulous!! I love your creativity!! Now I have to go find days 1-3 ;-)

What kind of sealer did you end up getting? Can you post a pic? Ya gotta let me know how it works for you and how many coats you use. That's the one thing I'm still unsure of! I have gone back and forth between an acrylic sealer and just using nail polish top coat. I think the water-resistant will serve you well, I just wouldn't swim with it on maybe?

Ohmygosh! You're too sweet and kind!! Of course I adore that outfit, it's so YOU! I can't wait to see trip photos now!!! Live updates please! :-D

You look fantastic! :cheer2: I haven't made it through the whole post yet I am somewhere around late May but your weight loss journey has really inspired me to become more active and even I have lost almost 10 lbs.

I also really want to compliment you on your design skills. Between your bags and outfits the colors and layout you choose are wonderful. It is so generous of you to share your life here. I am really looking forward to "lurking' more.

If I don't post again before your vacation have a wonderful girls trip!pixiedust:

Lisa

Sorry for Auction Bag #10, but Yahoo!!! for another Auction, but I am so surprised you have time. You are one busy lady...lol

I love all your customs... so cute!

haha on your hand stand! Fun! Congrats!! :rotfl2:

Look who's back ;):rotfl2::rotfl:

Girl you know I think you look fabulous and I am so proud of you.

Loving all your outfits.

I am actually excited that we are getting to meet finally.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the outfits! You are going to look incredible! You are so much fun to follow. Thanks for sharing with all of us!

I have not been following your PTR this year, but I did follow this picture over from your facebook post - this is fabulous!! I love your creativity!! Now I have to go find days 1-3

Hi Christine! I hope you and the boys are well!!! Do you have any trips coming up? I didn't look at your ticker to see if you had one. It's great to see you here. Oh, and thank you. LOL :thumbsup2

What kind of sealer did you end up getting? Can you post a pic? Ya gotta let me know how it works for you and how many coats you use. That's the one thing I'm still unsure of! I have gone back and forth between an acrylic sealer and just using nail polish top coat. I think the water-resistant will serve you well, I just wouldn't swim with it on maybe?

Ohmygosh! You're too sweet and kind!! Of course I adore that outfit, it's so YOU! I can't wait to see trip photos now!!! Live updates please!

I will post a pic when I do my MBs... I was hoping to do mine yesterday - I started on it, but didn't start any painting at all. I will probably use lots of coats... 2 for sure, maybe more? I think I will need it in Typhoon Lagoon? So, I will probably have to wear it, but to be honest - I am NOT a wet person, so even though my body will be in the water, it's rare that I ever get my hair wet... So, I think I can keep my wrist mostly dry too? I hope. LOL

I will be doing live updates on FB every morning... I will try to post a pic of the girls and I every morning in our outfits of the day. :thumbsup2 I am sure my in-laws will love that, LOL... I am a bit eccentric for their tastes. Hehehe...

You look fantastic! I haven't made it through the whole post yet I am somewhere around late May but your weight loss journey has really inspired me to become more active and even I have lost almost 10 lbs.

I also really want to compliment you on your design skills. Between your bags and outfits the colors and layout you choose are wonderful. It is so generous of you to share your life here. I am really looking forward to "lurking' more.

If I don't post again before your vacation have a wonderful girls trip!pixiedust:

Lisa

Welcome Lisa! Thank you! That's great, I am so happy for you! Just keep on keeping on, find a way that works for you and find a way to enjoy the journey - it will be far more rewarding and life changing that way - I promise! :thumbsup2

THanks! I do really enjoy it... It's because of my wonderful DH that I get to do this almost full-time... OK, who am I kidding? I do it more than full-time. LOL But if it wasn't for him having a good and very stable job, I wouldn't be able to do this, so I consider myself very lucky.

I hope you'll not lurk... Stick around! And thank you! We are very much looking forward to our trip!

Sorry for Auction Bag #10, but Yahoo!!! for another Auction, but I am so surprised you have time. You are one busy lady...lol

I love all your customs... so cute!

haha on your hand stand! Fun! Congrats!!

Hahaha... LOL I didn't really have the time, but I had to make the time. Lots of late, late, late nights to catch myself back up again... but it works out in the end. Had I not made a mistake, I probably wouldn't have talked myself into doing an auction - so, it really did work out to my benefit afterall. :thumbsup2

Thank you - I have so much fun wearing them and designing them. I just hope that I don't look too rediculous... They do look pretty OTT just laying there, but I really hope that once they are on me, and in Disney - I blend in with the crowd a little more. LOL

Hehehe... THanks! I am pretty proud of that one!

Look who's back

Girl you know I think you look fabulous and I am so proud of you.

Loving all your outfits.

I am actually excited that we are getting to meet finally.

CHIARA!!!!!! (Yes, I am yelling that)... I have missed you so much!!! So happy to see you here!

Thank you... You know, you look fabulous too... We are going to be some awesome lookin' hotties in Epcot this year! I cannot WAIT to finally meet you!!! It is probably the one thing I am most looking forward to on this trip!!! :cheer2: There will be LOTS o' pictures of this Dismeet!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the outfits! You are going to look incredible! You are so much fun to follow. Thanks for sharing with all of us!

Thanks! I am so glad you are all enjoying them! I have so much fun designing them and putting them all together! And I am glad you all enjoy my morning ramblings - I know that sometimes it gets to be too much reading... but I like to type in the mornings while I am enjoying my coffee - before the family wakes... It's so peaceful. I have no idea what I am going to do when my TR is over? Gonna have to drag it out a little bit... :crazy2:

So, yesterday turned into a full day...

I finished Auction Bag #10 Part II right away in the morning, and made it out in yesterday's mail. WHOOT!

I only work until Noon on the weekends and I had a little more time, so I started my pre-assembly on last week's custom order.

After, I went for a walk... It was a short one around town, it was soooo HOT!

I decided I needed a nap... It was very nice... I wish I could nap every day. LOL

When I got up, the girls were hungry... So, we told them to eat leftovers, and Josh took me out on a date... LOL

We haven't gone for a Jeep ride all summer, because the Jeep was down for the count for several weeks... I love my Jeep rides! I put on one of Josh's "Do-rags" and away we go... He took me down to Red Wing (which is about 30 mintues from us), and we ate on the patio of the historic St. James Hotel. It was beautiful and perfect... I felt a little under dressed in my Sturgis T-shirt and jean shorts, but there were several tables there dressed that way, so I didn't feel under dressed at all. Both Josh and I had a smoked salmon salad - it came with a home made dill dressing - it was devine!!! The perfect amount of food. I also had a couple of bloody Mary's... MMMmmmm... Those hit the spot too!

Oh - and during dinner... I casually mentioned that I wanted to take the girls to WDW individually during Spring Break of their graduation year... And I think he semi-sorta agreed to it. :woohoo:

I made Josh help me with a selfie afterwards - in one of the gorgeous gardens... LOL I was laughing so hard, because I just cannot hold the phone at the right angle and press the button for the picture... So, I hold the phone - he presses the button (after he watches me struggle forever trying to coordinate myself). ::yes::

20140726_202102.jpg

I also took a picture of the patio where we ate... If you squint, you can probably see our food remnants on the table we just left. LOL It really was beautiful - and one of my new favorite places to eat.

20140726_202251.jpg

This morning - I plan to work in my sewing room for a few hours... I want to finish up my custom order.

Josh has plans for us this afternoon, he has been plotting and planning all week, but refuses to tell us what's in store... Which scares all of us a little bit. LOL

This coming week is my very last custom order before we leave on our trip!! And I am sooooo excited to finally have a break in my sewing room... But you all know me... Then I am hardcore working to get our own trip stuff done! Thankfully - I am done with most of it... I plan to help V with one of her outfits and I also have to partially rip apart the dress I made for her last fall and make it a bit smaller... I thought she would have grown more? :confused3 I also have BFF and O's bags to make... So, even though I am done with custom orders - I still have a TON to finish up!

Oh - and just for fun... Sometime over the last few weeks - these babies came in the mail...

20140725_122213.jpg

I hope all of you have a fabulous day!!! Prayers and good thoughts to all! :grouphug:

D~

So, this is it... This is the original "Auction Bag #10"... And let me just say this (you know I don't say it often), but it turned out beautiful... Every stitch is perfection, and I cannot find a single thing wrong with it. I seriously debated on keeping it for myself - it's a gorgeous bag. And other than the color being wrong - the person who ordered it loved it. Oh well... So, now it's an auction bag - hopefully someone loves it as much as I do?

IMG_1677.jpg

IMG_1678.jpg

IMG_1679.jpg

D~

So, here's the re-do of Auction Bag #10... With bright colors, like the person originally requested. I really love this one too!

IMG_1680.jpg

IMG_1681.jpg

IMG_1682.jpg

D~

Finally... Another day of customs to share...

As you know, this day is still up in the air for us... It's our Blizzard Beach day, which flows into our currenty still booked ADR at Chef Mickey's - which will most likely change to our DTD evening... Regardless - I am wearing the same thing to either.

My swimsuit for BB... LOVE this suit... Wore it at the lake and it's just gorgeous! Cannot wait to wear it in WDW!

438100_A713_FF_I9E.jpg

After BB - I will be changing into this fun outfit... If we cancel CM's - I am a little sad, because I was soooo looking forward to pictures of me with Minnie in her Dot dress... Sad.

IMG_1669.jpg

IMG_1670.jpg

IMG_1671.jpg

IMG_1672.jpg

10380544_908407089175281_4390495492127582691_o.jpg

OK, from head to toe...

My head gear is from Jennifer of Princess Pie Bowtique... As usual - she does a fantastic job! I am so lucky to have her as a friend and to have her wonderful talent to wear in Disney!

My jewels are from Erin of Pixie Twist Designs... Again - she created these spectacular jewels to coordinate perfectly with this set. I love that I can wear them as either Mickey or Minnie! ADORE!

The t-shirt dress is from Target - LOVE these... They are so comfy!

The glitter Minnie head on the bottom was stitched out by me on my embroidery machine, and the design itself was digitized by the amazing Heather Sue of froufroubyheathersue.com! I love her designs!

The bag... Ooooh yes... I've been excited about this bag for months! You all may think this pattern looks familliar - and you'd be right... It's the same pattern I made Myrthe's Piglet bag from last Christmas. And due to the copyrights on the pattern of this bag - it's a bag that I can only ever make as a gift, but not to sell... So, of course, I am going to make one for myself. LOL So... Really - the only piece to this bag that is true to the original pattern is the front panel below the black ric-rac... The rest of it is my own pattern... First off - I made this bag 20% bigger than Myrthe's bag... Her's was just too small for me in the parks. The top portion is actually almost exactly the same as my Donald bag... I also added gussets to the sides (which you can't really see in the photos), and the back of the bag is plain with a zippered pocket. The flower on the outside was made by Jennifer of Princess Pie Bowtique, and it's a pin... One of the other things I love about this bag, is if I have a Mickey themed pin - I can easily change this bag from Minnie to Mickey. :thumbsup2 I am so very excited about this bag - and I am certain that it will be one I can finally carry at home!

I am so very excited about every aspect of this outfit! It's going to be so awesome to wear!

D~

You are really making me want to make a couple shirts for our trip. I do have a Merida and evil Queen one. But most of my stuff is store bought. Maybe I will set up my back up machine and do a couple.

Love the Alice and Mad Hatter bags.

I also love that picture of Josh and you.

I had been planning a September trip since the kids have a 4 day weekend but G was upset he wasn't going so when I was playing yesterday and found a car and nonstop Jet blue flights for times we like. I had a change of plans.

Those are great bags! You are so very talented!!!

The first Donald outfit is my fav, but this Minnie outfit is a close second! So much fun!!

I love your Minnie bag. The gussets really make it look special. I agree that you could use that bag for everyday real life. :thumbsup2

Love the bag and the Minnie outfit. You will be dressed to the "nines" at the park!

All of you are very supportive on this thread so I thought I would pose my dilemma to all of you for advice. (So not trying to high jack.) I just found out during dropping off my oldest son for band camp this morning, that the long weekend trip we have planned for Disney is Homecoming week. I had asked the band directors in the Spring and they said nothing was going on that weekend. :confused3

The "excuse" that I was using to get my non-Disney loving DH to go was that it was his relatives that were getting married, plus I have always wanted to go a Disney wedding. :lovestruc Now, I am not sure what to do, cancel the whole thing? :sad2: I don't want AJ to miss those events at school, and last year he had a great time and even was elected to Court plus it counts as part of his grade. I really don't want him to screw up his band grade as he is a honor student and usually get good grades.

Ooooh. My DH just came in from chit chatting with the neighbors and they just offered to take him for the week as 2 of 3 of their sons are at college and their other son is a year older than AJ. They said they had two empty bedrooms and somebody still at home who has they same type of after school activity schedule. Wasn't that generous of them? We have known them for years and they are my school back up folks as we have no family in the state, so we would trust them to take care of our son like their own.

Can I be a bad DM and have us go without him (if he wants to stay home)? :rolleyes1

Any thoughts would be welcome? It is just that this would be my only vacation for the year and I love my Disney trips, but thinking about it being my only break for the year is selfish.:headache:

Thanks,
Lisa

Okay, I am dying to know, how did you get a purple MagicBand? After I saw your purple one, I went online to switch our selections to purple, but I don't have purple as an option still.

Love the Minnie outfit! Like how you used glittery fabric for the appliqué on your dress! Bag is perfect too! And I love the Alice bag and the brightness of the mad hatter bag!

On your MBs- I would do more than 2 coats of sealer, I've read people on the Mb thread doing as many as 7 with nail polish, and those people have reported back the best results. So maybe 3 or 4? I think the actual sealer is better than the polish tho, so maybe you won't need that much? I wonder if they have the sealer in a spray paint type if can, seems like that would be much easier than painting it on... Hmmmmmm.... Too many options!

Love the bag and the Minnie outfit. You will be dressed to the "nines" at the park!

All of you are very supportive on this thread so I thought I would pose my dilemma to all of you for advice. (So not trying to high jack.) I just found out during dropping off my oldest son for band camp this morning, that the long weekend trip we have planned for Disney is Homecoming week. I had asked the band directors in the Spring and they said nothing was going on that weekend. :confused3

The "excuse" that I was using to get my non-Disney loving DH to go was that it was his relatives that were getting married, plus I have always wanted to go a Disney wedding. :lovestruc Now, I am not sure what to do, cancel the whole thing? :sad2: I don't want AJ to miss those events at school, and last year he had a great time and even was elected to Court plus it counts as part of his grade. I really don't want him to screw up his band grade as he is a honor student and usually get good grades.

Ooooh. My DH just came in from chit chatting with the neighbors and they just offered to take him for the week as 2 of 3 of their sons are at college and their other son is a year older than AJ. They said they had two empty bedrooms and somebody still at home who has they same type of after school activity schedule. Wasn't that generous of them? We have known them for years and they are my school back up folks as we have no family in the state, so we would trust them to take care of our son like their own.

Can I be a bad DM and have us go without him (if he wants to stay home)? :rolleyes1

Any thoughts would be welcome? It is just that this would be my only vacation for the year and I love my Disney trips, but thinking about it being my only break for the year is selfish.:headache:

Thanks,
Lisa

Bamfield – I would go without your son (assuming he would rather stay at home). The exact same scenario happened to us several years ago. My son was the drum major for the band at his school. We left the decision up to him. He decided to stay home and perform with his band while the rest of the family went on our trip. I just now called him to ask if he was happy or if he regretted not going on our trip. He said that although he wished he could have gone on our trip, he was glad he had the opportunity to play at Homecoming. Knowing what he knows now, if he had to make the choice again, he would choose to stay at home and march for his band. Good luck.

just love the Minnie bag..so cute if I didn't have a Minnie bag I might even try to figure out how you made this......lol I only have 1 more bag I have to make and that's Raina's Halloween one. Still haven't figured how to go about making the Dumbo one so the fabric justs sits here stareing at me........lol

Wow, you have several pieces of good news - finishing auction bag #10, getting to have a nap, getting to go on a date with DH (cute picture of you and Josh by the way), riding in your Jeep, having a good dinner with DH (looks like a cool place to eat), and the greatest news of all: a Spring Break Trip!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I love the color of the magic bands. I can’t wait to see what you do with them.

OMG! Beautiful original auction bag! I love the cards on the interior fabric. The revised auction bag is great too!:worship: I would love to receive either one!

Everything about your outfit is adorable. I agree it would have been cool to get a photo with Minnie but I think your day will be much less stressful without the CMs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter