• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~ Sew Sweet 16 ~I’m packing your angry eyes just in case~Aug 2014~ BFF' bag 8/20!!!!

First of all, congratulations on your auction success.:thumbsup2 No surprise to us, but clearly still is to you. I wonder if Vera Bradley felt that way when she first started out? But your humility is totally endearing!:hug:

Secondly, I love those bathing suits! I'll have to check them out at Sears. You could say I am well endowed…if you're talking about waistline! I especially love the polka dot one. I had to laugh at Arianas's post about a polka dot tan. I'm just weird enough to think that would be kinda fun.:upsidedow

Yes, bathing suit shopping for/with teens, I definitely don't miss it. Why do they have to make suits for teens cut so high and so low?? But I did have to laugh at Alli saying that suit was a granny suit. I could just hear one of mine saying that! :rotfl:

I'm so glad your time with your Dad went well and that you got home safely. It's so hard to drive when you're tired. And so dangerous! Seems like his church lasts a long time if you had that much time to kill. Glad your were able to connect with friends and enjoy yourself a bit. I had never heard of Jimmy Johns until you talked about it, now they are building one in our little town. I told Dan it was a favorite of yours (more so before your dietary changes) and that we would have to go there and check it out once it's finished. He agreed!

Well, I'm hoping you have a great day today and I'm looking forward to seeing your current custom order soon. Take care.:flower3:

Hi D~! I was so glad to see how well your auctions went this weekend. Sorry about all the stress they caused but I sure do enjoy watching them! I was a little bummed I didn't get one this time, I was mobile when they ended and bidding on an Iphone is a lot harder than a regular computer! But of course I really didn't need to spend the money right now so it all worked out.

I love the swimsuits from Land's End! I may need to try to find some time this weekend to go to Sears to look at them. I'm headed home to PA for a week on July 4th and Mom told me to bring my swimsuit because we may go swimming at my brother's house. I need to pull my old swimsuit out and try it on as I haven't worn it since 2011. I have a bad feeling it's going to be too small because I've put on a bit of weight since then. I'm working now to lose it but it's not going to happen in two weeks!

Oh, and watch out with the polka dotted one. I had one very similar one time and the white material let the sun through a little so I got a polka dot tan!

Can't wait to see your Disney shoes!

Thanks Ariana... it's OK - The stress is all part of it. It's frustrating sometmes, but it's OK. I am glad that everything found a home... I love knowing that my bags are going on lots of family trips, and part of someone's happy memories.

Yes, you should probably try on your suit... In my case - I wasn't going to get a new one this year, but I am so glad I did... I was going to wear one of mine from last summer outside to tan a few weeks ago, an I would have needed a belt. :eek:

ROFL at the polka-dots... That would be the ULTIMATE in a Disney custom for my trip. Hehehe...

I hear you on the workout fears. I got sick for a few weeks and could not run. I feel like I'm starting over again which is so frustrating/scary to me. Hoping I can build myself up quicker than the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I am sure you will build yourself up much quicker. I did lift yesterday, and it went well... No back pain. :woohoo: I am OK lifting like this for a little while - because then, at least I feel like I am doing something and not sliding so far backwards.

Just saw your shoes on FB .....wow!! Those are awesome!! And what a relief it has to be that you'll soon have your trip paid off...woohoo!!

Ugh, and I can't even imagine what swimsuit shopping would be like with teens...good for you for sticking that out, but it sounds like you have some more to do. Yuck.

Thanks Mike - I am super excited for them - they are going to be epic! Gonna have to wear them around the house (and town) a lot before we go, so I can break them in. ::yes:: Terri is amazing!

LOL - in a few years, you get to find out. :thumbsup2 Good luck. :rotfl2:

I love the shoes. She does such an amazing job. I have seen other ones she has done on her PTR and I am amazed.

We are getting to the swimsuit planning part of summer. Marissa found some really inexpensive ones online at a site called sammy dress. I have never heard of them. Now, there are several on there that I would never allow my daughter to wear...ever. However, there are some really cute vintage look ones that I will probably let her order. Swimsuit shopping is so difficult and especially hard for teenage girls. This year has been the hardest for Marissa. She is constantly comparing her weight and size to other girls. She makes very mean comments about herself.

Thank you - I am super excited for them - they are going to be soooo fun to wear. It's too bad that I am only wearing my Donald gear twice. Sadly - I will have to carry my flip-flops those days, just in case I need to change shoes.

Oooh - I will have to look there... Like I said - I am not thrilled with the suit she got, I insisted that we MUST find her a coverup to go over it.... but she is MUCH more covered than she was in some of the other suits she tried on. Sigh... Manufacturers need to start getting it right - I had the same problem when I was her age.

I know that feeling too - it's so hard to be a girl, even to be anyone these days, there is so much media out there... So not only are girls comparing themselves to the people in school - they get it in their face all night long too. I tell my girls as often as possible that they are beautiful, and they are strong, I am proud of them, that I love them... Maybe it helps, maybe it doesn't? But I hope it does. I wish you luck with helping her see herself in a more positive light - it's not easy to do. :hug:

I hope you have a great day both at work and in your sewing room

Thank you Lillian - I did. :lovestruc

So glad your auction was a success! Don't worry about the time glitches/mobile issues. I know, personally, I looked at it as it just wasn't "meant to be" for me to get the bag I wanted now. Plus my husband probably would have not been happy with me purchasing "another new bag???!!" I have a bag problem & am not afraid to admit it!!

Thanks! Yah - the time glitches wouldn't have been so bad, had I caught my own right away... I just assumed that mine posted on time. Oh well - live and learn, I guess. I know the feeling - I have a bag problem too... And a shoe problem... and (newto me) a dress problem... :faint:

Sorry your auction was so stressful. Congrats on selling everything and making enough to pay off your vacation.
I'll have to look into LE bathing suits. I can only imagine trying to find swim suits for teen.
My daughter and I went to Grove City, PA yesterday and did some shopping at the outlets. I got a new pair of Nikes for work and a new pair of Bob's. It wasn't very busy and we had a fun day wandering around.
Liz

Thanks Liz... Auctions are always stressful for me... It's like 8 weeks of double overtime - which is stressful - then the actual getting the auctions ready... but waiting for the first bids to come in - that is the most stressful time for me. I am just so relieved that everything has a home now and will be part of many happy memories to come. :thumbsup2

Yes - do look into LE suits... I love them. I especially LOVE that they underwire ones have REAL bra support in them... So they keep everything in it's proper place - and totally covered at the water parks... So, I can have FUN and not worry about giving people an extra view they don't need to see. :rotfl2:

SOunds like you had a great time shopping! I don't own any Toms/Bobs... but I have tried them on and it surprised me how comfy they were - even with my stupidly picky feet. :thumbsup2

First of all, congratulations on your auction success. No surprise to us, but clearly still is to you. I wonder if Vera Bradley felt that way when she first started out? But your humility is totally endearing!

Thanks Lois... I don't think I will ever be confident in my stuff selling- which is sad. But maybe that is why I am successful? I am always trying to get better... I dunno... :confused3

I am not sure if VB was ever that way? Considering VB is named after a person who is no longer alive - the company was started by two friends - and as far as I know, VB was never a "one man band" like I am... I think it's always been a company? However - it was once a MUCH SMALLER company than it is now... I kind of wish they would have stayed small (and made in the USA...) But that's another discussion totally. LOL I found it - the story on VB: http://www.verabradley.com/content/content.jsp?pageName=aboutus&areaId=2186

Secondly, I love those bathing suits! I'll have to check them out at Sears. You could say I am well endowed…if you're talking about waistline! I especially love the polka dot one. I had to laugh at Arianas's post about a polka dot tan. I'm just weird enough to think that would be kinda fun.

Yes, you will have to try them out - they really are the best.

LOL _ I am with you on that one, I think a polka-dot tan would be EPIC for my trip! Hahaha...

On a side note, I am debating on ordering the polka-dot one in a much smaller size for next year... I would be so sad to get down to my goal size and not have that suit to wear - it's so fun!

Yes, bathing suit shopping for/with teens, I definitely don't miss it. Why do they have to make suits for teens cut so high and so low?? But I did have to laugh at Alli saying that suit was a granny suit. I could just hear one of mine saying that!

YES! And just too small in general. The suits that poor Alli had to try on at JCPenney were horrifying... It makes me so mad that manufacturers can destroy a girl's self image in one fell swoop. Thankfully, I had BFF with me, and she is super good with Alli - she came up with a solution, and saved the day. :wizard: The day didn't end up to be as cheap as I wanted it to be, but... She got a suit in a size that's made for her, and that's what's important.

I'm so glad your time with your Dad went well and that you got home safely. It's so hard to drive when you're tired. And so dangerous! Seems like his church lasts a long time if you had that much time to kill. Glad your were able to connect with friends and enjoy yourself a bit. I had never heard of Jimmy Johns until you talked about it, now they are building one in our little town. I told Dan it was a favorite of yours (more so before your dietary changes) and that we would have to go there and check it out once it's finished. He agreed!

Yes, his church is SUPER long... Drives me crazy sometimes, but oh well. It runs from 9-12, and then they usually have pot-luck afterwards... So, it's always 3 or 4 hours of time for me to kill. Oh well, it's important to him, so it's important to me.

Yay- glad you are getting a JJs in your town! It's a great place to eat. If you are a bread eater (I can't remember if you are - I don't think you are, but...) you must try their bread... If I were to ever "eat bread" as a treat - JJs bread would be on the list of considerations. ::yes::

Well, I'm hoping you have a great day today and I'm looking forward to seeing your current custom order soon. Take care.

Thank you Lois - you too! I will have it posted some time today. :wizard:

I was able to lift yesterday morning, with no back pain last night or this morning. I didn't do my full lift... I did non-weighted squats (since I think it was the squats that did me in last week), then I did all of my regular lifts otherwise... It felt really good. I will continue this way until we get back from the lake, then I will start adding weight back to my squats. I am just so happy to be back at it - even if it isn't what it was.

I had a good sewing room day yesterday... I was able to finish last week's custom order - I am super happy with it... I ADORE the color of the fabric, it couldn't have been more perfect for this bag! I cannot wait to show you all today.

Right as I came down for lunch - our storm sirens went off... Then V called me... Then my neighbor called me from town... Then my other neighbor called me (V was babysitting at her house)... I guess there was a funnel cloud right over us... Didn't even know it. They never did issue any type of storm warning, just blew our sirens. Thankfully it never touched down, and we never had to go to the basement... but YIKES! :eek:

Here's a photo I "borrowed" from a friend on FB... This was taken on the side of the highway that goes past our house, about 4 miles away, looking directly at our town... So, that funnel was darn near on top of us. :faint:

10419960_10203248871576131_3390667021021876422_n.jpg

I am thankful now that I didn't see it - because I would have freaked out for sure!

So, that added a bit of excitement to my day.

Needless to say - I didn't get to the PO with my auction stuff. It's going out sometime today though.

This morning, I will be working on this week's custom order... I am really excited about this one... It's been a long time since I've done a theme from this movie, and I love the colors - so it's a win/win for me. :woohoo:

Disney trip stuff:

So, last night I FINALLY found the interior fabric for my 'Ohana/carry-on bag... Very relieved about this, I ordered it the minute I saw it. I knew the color I wanted, but nothing was sticking out at me, but when I saw this... Perfect! Can't wait to get to work on this bag and all of our other stuff! :woohoo:

I also ordered the shorts for one of my other outfits... I needed RED shorts, and because of the colors this summer, it's been impossible to find red. :confused3 Finally found a pair on Amazon... Hopefully they fit when they get here.

I only need a few more things... One of which is a black sports bra to wear under my Minnie shirt... Since it has kind-of big arm openings, I would feel weird wearing a regular bra with it, and it's too hot to wear another tank top under.

I think that's the last thing I need to buy - clothing wise.

I still need to get a few travel size sunscreens... We usually coat ourselves from the big bottle in the morning, or when we stop back at the room, but I like to carry the travel size ones in my bag, just in case we need to relather our shoulders throughout the day - which we usually do.

Then, I think that's everything. ::yes::

But I have a HUGE list of customs that still needs to be tackled... That part is going to be crazy! I plan on starting some of that stuff next week. :thumbsup2

I hope you all have a fantastic day... Prayers and good thoughts going out to all of you! :grouphug:

D~

OMG funnel cloud. No words!

I don't know what I will do as far as clothing for our trip. Last year I planned all cute outfits and a few of my work out sweat proof tops. Cute outfits were disgusting and wet in that heat in about five minutes. Sweat proof tanks at Target are on the expensive side, but I might need to swing a few more of those for survival purposes. LOL. I also wonder if Target sweat proof clothes are decent then there must be a brand out there that is even better in the sweat proof department.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Wow, that funnel cloud looks scary! Glad you are all safe!

I can't wait to see all the customs you create for your trip!

I just love the color of this fabric for this bag... as soon as it came in the mail, I just knew it was perfect! :lovestruc

IMG_1616.jpg

IMG_1618.jpg

D~

Love the Castle bag...especially the blue background. It's perfect.

I saw that pictue on FB...that is scary. Glad you are all safe.

Your trip plans are coming together nicely with just a few more things to get.

I saw that picture of the funnel cloud on your FB page yesterday... :scared1: You all have certainly had your fair share of scary weather this year, D~! :guilty:

Glad your back is healing properly. MUST be in working order when you head to Disney!!! :thumbsup2

Congrats on a wonderful auction outcome. Your bags were fabulous! :goodvibes And speaking of....LOVE the new castle bag!!!! So beautiful, as always! :love:

Eeeep! So glad we don't really get tornados or earthquakes in the part of Tx! I would totally freak out! Love the castle bag, the interior us so happy on it as well.

Just wanted to let you know and others that are planning trips, that Josh at easywdw posted that WDW changed their EMH around for July - Nov. For some reason, my week wasn't touched. I went to WDW site and sure enough, they are different. Mainly effects Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom. Most of the evening MK EMH moved to Saturday nights from either Sunday or Monday night. Animal Kingdom morning EMH has moved to Sunday from Monday. Hope it doesn't change things too much. I would just hate that a Tusker House reservation for before park opening isn't on a
EMH now. :crazy2:

That lining fabric is amazing - and I don't even like pink!

I'm glad that the funnel cloud didn't turn into something more - we had the sirens go off in our area on Saturday, but thankfully it was only heavy rain by the time it got to our part of town.

Just wanted to let you know and others that are planning trips, that Josh at easywdw posted that WDW changed their EMH around for July - Nov. For some reason, my week wasn't touched. I went to WDW site and sure enough, they are different. Mainly effects Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom. Most of the evening MK EMH moved to Saturday nights from either Sunday or Monday night. Animal Kingdom morning EMH has moved to Sunday from Monday. Hope it doesn't change things too much. I would just hate that a Tusker House reservation for before park opening isn't on a
EMH now. :crazy2:

D~ I don't know how this change has effected you...but it has made he furious! It makes my whole BOG meal on my birthday no longer work! I am heading back to the drawing board!

Good Luck!

Nini

D~ I don't know how this change has effected you...but it has made he furious! It makes my whole BOG meal on my birthday no longer work! I am heading back to the drawing board! Good Luck! Nini
I have a BOG conflict as well. I am way too overwhelmed with the thought of back to the drawing board though. Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Love the Castle bag...especially the blue background. It's perfect.

I saw that pictue on FB...that is scary. Glad you are all safe.

Your trip plans are coming together nicely with just a few more things to get.

Thank you Kathy... We are really getting excited here. :woohoo:

I saw that picture of the funnel cloud on your FB page yesterday... You all have certainly had your fair share of scary weather this year, D~!

Glad your back is healing properly. MUST be in working order when you head to Disney!!!

Congrats on a wonderful auction outcome. Your bags were fabulous! And speaking of....LOVE the new castle bag!!!! So beautiful, as always!

Yah -and I was just thinking the other daythat we haven't had very many storms this spring...

Yes, it does seem to be getting better, thankfully. I would be beyond annoyed if it was bothering me in Disney.

Thank you... I love how it turned out... Just love that blue. Sometimes I wish I could do something twice, because that blue is perfect. Oh well. :)

Eeeep! So glad we don't really get tornados or earthquakes in the part of Tx! I would totally freak out! Love the castle bag, the interior us so happy on it as well.

Lucky you... Yah - we have to go in our basement a few times per year. We've only been hit once since being here, and I don't care to relive it. It was *only* an F1, but it was very scary... I would hate to live through anything bigger. :eek:

EMH now.

Thanks for letting me know Shannon... Thankfully this doesn't affect us at all, since I avoid EMH like the plague... The only way it would have, is if one of the parks got it when they didn't have it before, but I went through and double checked, and we are totally fine.

I do have to say - this is very annoying, after how much planning we are FORCED to do, then to change things like this AFTER we make all of our plans - for some people they are plans that cannot be changed at this late hour... It's really crappy of Disney to do that. Rant over.

The castle bag is lovely!

And that funnel cloud is SCARY!!!! Yikes!

Thank you!

Yah - after seeing pictures of it, I am glad I didn't know it was there, I would have been a total wreck!

That lining fabric is amazing - and I don't even like pink!

I'm glad that the funnel cloud didn't turn into something more - we had the sirens go off in our area on Saturday, but thankfully it was only heavy rain by the time it got to our part of town.

Well, hello stranger! It's great to see you! :cheer2: Thank you... I know, I am not huge on pink either - but I love that fabric. I had a teeny tiny bit of it last year, and used it all... I was lucky to find a little bit more of it recently, decided it would look great with this bag.

Glad you are all OK too. :thumbsup2

I worked all day in my sewing room yesterday... I have my next custom order quilted.

I also took all of my auction loot to the PO... WHOOT! :woohoo: It is out of my house and such a relief to have it gone. I *might* do one more bag auction before we leave, I would like a little more souvenir $$ to go with us. We'll see...

I am at Target today... and I over slept this morning, so I am a bit rushed.

Disney update: I am feeling a bit frazzled about how much I have left to do before we go. I have this week's custom order - then I am off in my sewing room for 2 weeks for 4th of July... However - I took off the wrong 2 weeks... Sigh. So, I am not sure how I am going to redo my schedule? But I need to figure it out before next week.

Then, once we get back - I have 3 more custom orders to complete + the #10 auction bag...

Then, I am free to do our trip stuff.

See my dillema? So much to do, so little time.

So, yesterday, I made a list. For our trip, I have 5 bags to make and 3 felt thingies to sew on to my shirts.

I also talked to BFF... She will be coming to my house for a week... I told her she couldn't schedule anything, and she must come from 8-4 M-F, to help me get all of our stuff done. I figure, she will be helping me with all of our stuff... I think, I will have her quilting bags, while I am appliqueing. She knows how to sew, and quilting is easy enough. With any luck - we'll be able to knock out all of them fairly easily.

The most annoying thing, will be for me to have to share my space with her... Not with *her* per say... But anyone. It's a small space, and I don't like having people in it when I am working. But if I can put her in a chair and make her stay there, while I am moving around - it should be OK.

Anyways - we are coming down to the wire here, as usual. :rolleyes1

I hope you all have an amazing Disney day today... Prayers and Pixie Dust to all! :grouphug:

D~

Scary funnel cloud!! We've been having heavy rains and thunder storms so loud, there was NO sleeping possible! I'm getting ready to build an ark!:boat:

Thanks for the link to the Vera Bradley story. I always thought it was just one woman named Vera Bradley. I like your bags better!:thumbsup2

I like to carry the small sunscreens with me every day too. And I wear lip balm that has SPF as well. That Florida sun can be brutal! And I'm fair skinned, so need all the protection I can get.

Getting a bathing suit a size smaller would probably be a great idea. I'm glad you are back to your work outs, even though you are unable to do the squats with weights right now. You are being very smart to give yourself time to heal fully before jumping back in.

I do not eat bread. Very rarely. I plan for it if I do, so there may me some JJ bread in my future if it's that good. I'm about 80/20 on staying away from my allergy foods. Dairy is the hardest!

I am totally in love with that bag! The blue fabric is gorgeous. I could so see a skirt for one of my granddaughters. I just ordered some fabric for the first time ever. It was from 5 Bucks a Yard. I don't know if you ever ordered from there, but it was recommended on a Facebook group I'm part of, so I'm anxious to see if the quality is good. I usually like to feel the fabric before I buy.

I hope the red shorts fit well for you. I need to get a couple pair and a couple of tops. I may make my tops. I don't like the summer colors that are out now.

I had to laugh when you said "put her in a chair and make her stay there". Sounded like you were talking about time out or a pet or something. Just struck me funny. :rotfl:

I hope you have a great day at Target.:flower3:

Yes, your trip is getting so close! You are going to let someone else help you??? :eek: This definitely surprises me, coming from YOU! :scared: I guess desperate times call for desperate measures, right? VERY proud of you my friend!!! :goodvibes

Do not forget that planning is so much of the fun...don't forget to live in the moments of POSITIVE anticipation.. you are going back to Disney WITH your BFF!!!!! :woohoo: :banana: :cheer2:

I really don't know how you do everything. Your "to-do" list makes me want to run and hide. :hug: But, you always seem to get it done.

I am glad the changes to EMH didn't change any of your plans. I am a little worried because they didn't change any of the dates I am there. So, now there is an evening EMH at MK on 8/30 (new) & 8/31 (original). 8/31 is our arrival day, so we had planned on avoiding MK because of the EMH. However, with 2 EMH days back to back, I am wondering if the 8/31 (Sunday) should still be avoided. Then I am wondering if I should even try moving my days around, because that is a hassle. We are planning Hollywood Studios, but I am worried that the crowd will hit MK on Saturday for the 1st EMH and then all show up Sunday at Hollywood Studios. I don't know what to do.:confused:

Life has been a bit chaotic, so while I've been able to read and mostly keep up with my subscriptions and weekly try to update my own TR I haven't had a lot of time for extra comments. We had a one day fine arts fair the first Saturday in June, Ian's 4th birthday on the 19th and party on the 21st, and now I'm working on getting everything ready for them to go to Camp Grandma for a week and to prepare our our last summer convention (unless we get off of the wait list for one in August).

To have a funnel cloud so near sounds scary. I'm glad it never hit and all went well.

Our last bag with the castle looks amazing. I love the blue fabric you have used on the bag. :lovestruc

Sounds like you have too much to do before your trip. I'm crossing my fingers that you will get everything done before the trip without getting too exhausted.

Don't you hate the way life sneaks up on you like that right before going away! I just realized I have a TON of things to get done before we leave for our vacation to Maine - ugh.

Oh I hope you have time for another mini auction before your trip. I personally :love: the Tween bags you had. I'm guessing they don't take as much time to make. i know that sized bag is perfect for my two girls :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter