Sew much to do, sew little time - but it was worth it! New PTR link posted! ~~~~~~~~~

love your TR so far!! I'm jealous of all the good pics you got! I found it very overwhelming to take pics and video of the kids when DH was not with. I'm disappointed in the lack of pictures I have.

can't wait to read more about your trip!!

Love the update! How sweet of Victoria to give the little princess two pins, I am sure that made her day. The pictures of the girls around MK are great, and the food at CP looks so yummy. I just love their t-shirts too. :lovestruc

The I'm Celebrating button, what a sweet way to commemorate Rufus during your trip.

So, D~, if I tell you my 11 year old daughter called POFQ "the one on the root beer water" can you tell what she is referring to? LOL!

Nini

love your TR so far!! I'm jealous of all the good pics you got! I found it very overwhelming to take pics and video of the kids when DH was not with. I'm disappointed in the lack of pictures I have.

OmGoodness! I so hear you on the disappointing amount of pics! My DH is the family photographer and he is just not DIS trained to be a photographer. :rotfl2: He knew I wanted food pics and started out doing really well with it, then just sort of tapered off. :sad2: He didn't take as many as he normally does because he knew we were doing Photopass this time. Then since we have younger children who do not do thrill rides we split up quite a bit...then he had the camera and I didn't. :sad1: I did grab it from him from time to time to get pics of him, myself, and the kids. He is more of a places and things photographer more than a people photographer. I will have to take over camera duty next time. :rolleyes1

The now and then photos are the best! I love how you do that and I will certainly be stealing this idea for my photobooks!

In all my years of going to Disney, I've never done a siloheutte (sp???). They are beautiful! We will be doing this on our next trip. It is pricesless that you had her do on of Ruf (and I also love the celebrate buttons)! Even if it is not 100% Ruf, it is still amazing and will be such a fantastic memory from this trip! Side thought: AWESOME VET!

Thanks for all of the photos and details. . .feels like we're right there with you! It sure makes the wait so much easier:)

Good luck this weekend with Max! It's just a matter of time (and consistency). He's gonna be a great dog:)

I might just take you up on that offer. :wizard:

I've been working on editing our photopass pictures, I have a bunch... Over 1200 right now. Josh thinks I am nuts for adding all those borders, but the tightwad in me wants as many pictures as I can get for the $. :rolleyes1
I'll check with you again before I go to see if you want me to try. I'd be happy to do it for you!

Do you know about saving pictures with borders in different sizes? So if you think you might want to print in both 4x6 and 5x7 with a particular border you need to save both sizes.

And then my all time fav! I can never have too many pics of this! LOL
IMG_3198.jpg
Great update! Love the girl's shirts! LOVE CP first thing in the morning! I've done it a ton of times. Can't wait to see your take on Tusker House as I have an early ADR there in May for the first time. I've had late breakfast there but never before the park opens.

Love that shot of Donald! That is my favorite 3D movie!!!

I think I am of the minority on the beignets. I found them to be too sweet and too much like a fried doughnut for my tastes...

Nini
I'm with you sort of.... Not crazy about the beignets. Thought they were too messy, not enough flavor and not enough like a fried doughnut for my tastes.:laughing:

That sounds good - let's plan it! Anyone and everyone is welcome to join in. I think we should plan it for fall 2013 (preferably for Halloween)... I am half heartedly trying to save for another trip at that time. The sad part, is I just want to do it, so I can do another PTR... That was so much fun! :confused3

Grrr... I just don't know what to do! MM - I let him outside for 20 minutes, he doesn't do a darn thing... I let him in and he pees all over the kitchen floor. It's like he thinks he is supposed to pee in the house! I got up with him at 3am - I noticed that he had #2 in his kennel (I think Josh has it too big), so I took him out and cleaned out the kennel. While I was cleaning the kennel he did #2 again on my kitchen floor. I am not mad about it - I am just super irritated. He is not training at all, and I seriously need to figure out what we are doing wrong!

I've been working on editing our photopass pictures, I have a bunch... Over 1200 right now. Josh thinks I am nuts for adding all those borders, but the tightwad in me wants as many pictures as I can get for the $. :rolleyes1

I am hoping to do my day 2 update before I got to work today. :lovestruc

D~
I need my house to sell!!!! I so want to go at Halloween!!!!!

Perhaps Max has a UTI -- that doesn't explain the excessive pooing though. I hear your pain though. I'm so glad my dogs are older -- though I came home to a pee spot in the living room after getting home from Amy's. I think my little girl has anxiety when I leave.

Usually, we just let him "free roam" outside - and we follow along a bit behind him. But the last couple of days, he's taken to exploring where he probably shouldn't - so I've been trying to leash him - which hasn't been going well either, he has no idea what the leash means, or how to use it. LOL This is so much harder to get used to, because Ruf hadn't been on a leash or tie out in over 6 years (since we moved into this house) - he rarely left the yard on his own - the only time he was leashed is if we actually took him for a walk.

I have to work today - but then I am off of work for 4 days, while Josh is working. So, I am going to devote a lot of time to trying to get him potty trained. I hope. Maybe learning his name too. popcorn::

I have been carrying puppy treats in my pocket, and I do reward him when he goes potty outside, but that's only been in the last day or so??? He sure likes getting treats though - LOL.

Maybe I am just too impatient???

D~
I started carrying treats with me at first to train, and it was pointless. But once the dogs were older it worked pretty well. That treat popped out just as soon as pee hit the grass!

Neighbors of mine in RI got a puppy (Labradoodle -- and I likely spelled that wrong) and their trainer said to leave it on the leash at all times to get it used to the leash -- so in the house the dog was kept on a leash -- it had free run, i.e. it wasn't tied up to anything but rather just had the leash hooked to its collar. My puppies did well with a leash so it was a nonissue -- though I quickly learned to buy the shortest leash possible.

I tried leashing the dogs in our backyard to train them as one of my many attempts to get them to pee outside but that too was pointless for us.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I woke up to dog poo in the house (that only happens about once a month thank goodness). I think someone was protesting that I failed to take them for a walk yesterday. Even though we have a nice fenced in yard the highlight of the day is going for a walk.

Thank you for all the kind words about my TR. I'm embarassed about how you went on and on about how well written it was, how my photos captured the essence of Disney, and how I could make a living as a professional blogger.

Let me just say it was a labor of love.

Did I miss the verdict on the beignets? I had thought about going to POFQ one morning for them (as Andrea can tell you from her careful reading of my TR) but it's such a pain to go from resort to resort I didn't bother. Did I miss heaven on earth in a little sugary ball?

I love CP as well. Did you have Winnie the Pooh's puffy French toast (served on the kid's section)? I've made it at home a couple times. Not lo-cal, but yumilicious.
It was an outstanding TR. Of course, nothing but the best for you Cheryl!

So what's your secret D? I started my TR before you and I am still on page 2 while you are on page 6 :scared1:. How do I get people to read my TR??? Well I guess I could try this. .
Come read my TR!!!!
:lmao::rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2::lmao:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
The secret is that I hijack D's thread and I'm the popular one, not D~ :rotfl2: Don't tell D that though -- don't want to offend her. Let's just all pretend we really adore her :)

D~ : Not only do I adore you, I love your latest additions to your tr :flower3: Too scared to ride SM???? My entire family was too so I didn't do it alone. I did do EE alone b/c I had never been to AK before. SM is one of my favorites!

Was that a Lladro Donald figurine? BRB.... I'm back -- it is indeed (well, NAO) -- I have a curio of Lladro's, but no Donald in my small collection.

I like the silhouettes and they do look something like your daughters, but they kind of remind me of a characterture type picture. I always thought they traced a silhouette from a shadow they project onto a wall or something. I didn't realize they do them freehand - that must be hard!

I do hope you start another pre-trip report! It doesn't hurt to plan, and it would be a shame if we couldn't keep up with your new sewing projects and your progress with Max :)

You're doing a fantastic job on the trip report!

thanks for the trip invite D! we are already planning on going over thanksgiving 2013 with some of my Scrap DIS friends...so if you all want to push your date a bit :rolleyes1

oh btw - finished my Feb TR today...

Just so you all know... It will take me at least an hour to reply to all your responses in the morning! Andrea... Are you to blame for this?

D~

You guys were chatty today. 2 pages for me to read.

I have orders and trip outfits to work on so please stop chatting LOL.

Off to bed now.

thanks for the trip invite D! we are already planning on going over thanksgiving 2013 with some of my Scrap DIS friends...so if you all want to push your date a bit :rolleyes1

Hmm. . . D~ Thanksgiving is a fabulous time to go (3rd lowest crowd levels of the year) . . . We could do MVMCP instead of MNSSHP???
Of course, DH said yesterday that he thinks we should go back Jan 2013 and he'll do part of the week at the PGA show (for work) . . . this from the man that said he thought we should wait another 3 years before going to WDW again.

For anyone that went in search of an update to my TR, I apologize. I got 2 more pages completed for my next update and when I went to save the 3rd (luckily I save each page as I finish it) page my computer said it was full and wouldn't save it :scared1: So - Genius Bar appointment was quickly made and after dropping Finn at preschool Phalen & I wound our way across Charlotte (there was a fatality wreck in our part of town that had traffic all kinds of messed up, so we had to take a very round about way to get to the Apple Store). Phalen jumped on one of the "kid" computers while I sat down to nurse my cup of coffee and wait on my Genius to come to my aide. Next thing I knew Phalen had 3 Apple Geniuses standing around him with looks of shock and awe on their faces. I heard one ask him how old he was and the looks of shock and awe increased as he answered "7." He was playing JumpStart Math Blaster and blasted his way through 7 levels of math problems. The last two I saw were multiplication problems.
Anyway, the nice Apple Genius was able to help me find some things I can erase forever off my laptop to free up a little space, but he told me I basically only have a little under a year until Apple considers my computer "Vintage" (it was purchased in March of 2008 and after 5 years they're considered vintage and they don't make parts any more). :scared1:
Thankfully, my Dad has finally seen the light and realized he does NOT need a macbook because all he ever does is boot his macbook on his Windows partition side and is willing to trade me mine (which was his originally until he upgraded) for his. My mom will actually do the exchange on the 31st when we meet her in Elon for the weekend. Phew! Coming up with money for a new macbook was NOT going to happen.

So - update to my TR - I have to erase stuff still and then I should be good to go on the last couple of pages I need for my next update. Sorry it's taking so long, but I can't post the next bit until I have all its pages done (It's Finn's Pirate's League, etc. portion of our trip).

INNOCENT!!!!! I am INNOCENT!!!!
You, my dear are NEVER innocent! :lmao::lmao::rotfl2::love1::rotfl2::lmao::lmao:
I wound our way across Charlotte (there was a fatality wreck in our part of town that had traffic all kinds of messed up, so we had to take a very round about way to get to the Apple Store).

SO SAD!!!

Next thing I knew Phalen had 3 Apple Geniuses standing around him with looks of shock and awe on their faces. I heard one ask him how old he was and the looks of shock and awe increased as he answered "7." He was playing JumpStart Math Blaster and blasted his way through 7 levels of math problems. The last two I saw were multiplication problems.
The JOYS of a homeschooled child!!!! YEA for Phalen!!! AND Mom!!!!!
isn't it always Andrea's fault
Yes, Yes it is....that is why we LOVE her!!! :love:
Just so you all know... It will take me at least an hour to reply to all your responses in the morning! Andrea... Are you to blame for this?

D~

I feel your pain D~ But at least you know you are loved too! I am SO far behind on EVERYTHING, but had to tell you how much I am enjoying the updates and when you are done will you write mine???? You are gong to finish before I get to day 4 at this rate!

As everyone else has said, you have an amazing vet who did that for you, to have Rufus' paw print forever, how much I KNOW that meant to you! As I said, Max is adorable...he will come around. Rachel told me to tell you VERY frequent bathroom breaks while you are home (at least every hour), keep him in a very small area (some use a crate, we didn't, just his little area in the kitchen), LOTS of praise of course (the easiest part), vinegar on his accidents and LOTS ( and LOTS) of patience!

I know you miss Rufus, he was your first dog...but just like children, your love for one, will not diminish your love for two, as you know.
Judy...who is HOPELESSLY behind....

Hmm. . . D~ Thanksgiving is a fabulous time to go (3rd lowest crowd levels of the year) . . . We could do MVMCP instead of MNSSHP???
Of course, DH said yesterday that he thinks we should go back Jan 2013 and he'll do part of the week at the PGA show (for work) . . . this from the man that said he thought we should wait another 3 years before going to WDW again.

Anyway, the nice Apple Genius was able to help me find some things I can erase forever off my laptop to free up a little space, but he told me I basically only have a little under a year until Apple considers my computer "Vintage" (it was purchased in March of 2008 and after 5 years they're considered vintage and they don't make parts any more). :scared1:
Thankfully, my Dad has finally seen the light and realized he does NOT need a macbook because all he ever does is boot his macbook on his Windows partition side and is willing to trade me mine (which was his originally until he upgraded) for his. My mom will actually do the exchange on the 31st when we meet her in Elon for the weekend. Phew! Coming up with money for a new macbook was NOT going to happen.

Yeah for DH not wanting to wait 3 years LOL.

Thanks for the apple info I didn't know that and I bought my mac in 2008, thankfully I have not had one problem but I guess I will be thinking of getting another one next year.

How old is Mr Max? It could be that he is too young to completely understand....

One thing that helped our Mr Max understand...after two weeks, I started scolding him... not too harsh...just enough to let him know it was not appropriate! He LOVED his treats...so he decided treats was better than scolding!

Max is 9 weeks old. Everyone that I've talked to (that has raised a puppy) tells me that he should be well into potty training by now. I actually work with someone who breeds German Shepards, and she told me that her puppies are completely trained at 5 weeks, and when they go home with their new owners - they are totally house trained. :eek: I plan to really devote some time training Max over the next 4 days - since I am off of work.

Part of the problem, is some how, I think he got trained to go indoors. I know that sounds weird - but we can have him outside for an hour - and we bring him in the house - he'll immediately pee. I am tempted to bleach all my floors this morning, and hopefully remove any smell. Since you told me that you use bleach - I switched to cleaning up his puddles with the Clorox clean up.

Yesterday, I caught him using his pee pad as a bed. :eek: So, I really don't think he cares that it's soaked in pee?

I also think the leash until he goes is a great training aid. In the mornings, I would leash him until he went, and then take the leash off so he could play...we have a fenced in yard so it is not like he could go any where ...

I had him on the leash all after noon yesterday - and he refused to go outside. Once Josh let him off of the leash - he went.

I think he has so many confusing potty habits already, and we are going to have a very hard time breaking them.

My gigantic German Shepherd responds very well to Night Night! He immediately goes to his kennel and climbs in... no matter what time of day! LOL...

Last night was his first time not being locked in the kennel. He had gone in voluntarily when he went to sleep and no one realized he wasn't locked! This morning he came strolling out when I got the kids up...I guess he is trained!

Nini

THat's awesome that your Max goes in his kennel volunarily... Actually, our Max does too... He naps in there all the time with the door open.

Hi,I just found your trip report. I don't think I've missed too much since you are still on day two.

So sorry about Rufus. I know how hard it is to lose a pet. Congratulations on Max, he is a cutie.

Welcome!!! You haven't missed anything. :) Thank you for your condolances about Rufus - he was an amazing dog. And thanks for the congrats on Max - I will take them - LOL - but I would love him a lot more if he would just potty train. :wizard:

Loving your TR. Your girls are so beautiful!!! NEXT TIME, we must hang out together more! Love the shirts, too. I did not try the sweet cream cheese pretzel at MK...but I did try the jalapeno pretzel at AK. DELICIOUS, NOM NOM NOM!
Your MK pics are so pretty. One of these years we will have a sunny and beautiful MK day. Our track record for two years running is a rainy MK day.

THank you... Yes, I do think my girls are gorgeous. Although, as I am doing this TR - I am realizing that it is going to mostly be pictures of them, until we get our Photopass pictures back. Since they rarely took the camera from me to get a photo of their dear Mother. :confused3

We had those jalepeno pretzels twice - they were so good. Even V, who doesn't like spicy food at all (not that these were spicy, but a few bites had some kick) really loved them and begged to have them again on our second AK day.

So sorry about your rainy MK day... must have been the same day as our rainy Epcot day - that was awful! Got good use out of those ponchos though!

wow great photos of the empty park! always makes you feel special when there's no one around :goodvibes love the donald pieces!

that's a lot of food , no wonder you all were so full! you got in quite a few rides that morning!

I know - I love the empty park! It's the best. It was even better that they let us in with all the 8am ADR people - so we got to take our time and wander around Main Street a bit. :lovestruc

I know, my plate looks super full - but I guarantee that I only took one or two bites of everything there... except maybe the sausage (because that's almost guaranteed that I'll like it) and the egg bake with all the veggies in it - I knew I'd like that one as well.

Actually, our fav from that meal at CP was Pooh's fruit lasagna - numilicous!!!

Thank you for all the kind words about my TR. I'm embarassed about how you went on and on about how well written it was, how my photos captured the essence of Disney, and how I could make a living as a professional blogger.

Let me just say it was a labor of love.

I would really like the link to this. :surfweb:

Did I miss the verdict on the beignets? I had thought about going to POFQ one morning for them (as Andrea can tell you from her careful reading of my TR) but it's such a pain to go from resort to resort I didn't bother. Did I miss heaven on earth in a little sugary ball?

I love CP as well. Did you have Winnie the Pooh's puffy French toast (served on the kid's section)? I've made it at home a couple times. Not lo-cal, but yumilicious.

Yes, you did miss the verdict on the beignets... actually, I missed posting the verdict. V and I loved them - A loved them at first, but she got sick of them after the first couple of days. I think V and I had them every morning that we had breakfast at the resort. :lovestruc

And yes, we did have Pooh's puffy french toast... THat was actually a toss up favorite to his fruit lasagna... I could have eaten just those items and the sausage with the egg bake thingy and I would have been perfectly fine. I will have to notate that for next time.

Honestly, for next time, I think I need to schedule 2 breakfasts at CP - because that really is the best bf spot, IMO. However, we have yet to get an ADR at CM - so I need to make a point of that too.

I ordered the chicken quasadia. The chicken was gross. It tasted as if it had been cooked fresh days ago and they were just reheating it. If it wasn't for the fact that it was my last day there, it had been raining all day, and at this point I was in a less than magical mood I would have returned it and got something else.

Yucko... Sorry that this was so horrible for you. Everything we had there was very delicious.

[I have one on each of my previous trips, but I still wish I had got one. I was planning on getting one, but my tummy was always so full. I ended up eating 3 full meals and well, I don't know how people can do DLXDP. I don't think I can eat that much food. I think I heard that some one has pinapple ice cream, I just don't remember where.

I agree - I have no idea how people can do the dxddp... I tossed around the idea of adding it to ours, but I am so very glad I didn't - it would have been a total waste. I did end up doing 4 breakfasts oop - but they were so cheap because we had the mugs. I also did do 2 sets of snacks oop - but again - they are fairly cheap too, and they were things we couldn't pass up. But I agee, walking around the parks plump full (I swear that clothing items that fit me when I left, didn't fit me at the end of our trip) was no picnic. However, I wouldn't hesitate doing FD again - it was a great bargain.

[You did mention meeting Lidian a couple of days before we meet. (I remember how jealous I was.) I still think it was cool that she was able to find you

OK, good, I thought I'd lost my mind there for a minute (Andrea will probably tell you that I did)...

[I am loving the update of your first full day at MK. How cute that V gave that little girl her first to pins. I hope to really get my DD into pin trading before our trip next year.

THanks! One of the best things I did for this trip, was that I watched Disney online for when a pin set went on sale, it didn't matter which one - they were just for trading anyways. A set of 7 went on sale for $8.99 (I think??) and I purchased 10 of them... So we had a whole bag of genuine, non-scrap, traders with us... All of us dug into the bag every morning and outfitted ourselves with a bunch, and traded them all for ones that we wanted. So, for less than $100 (Which is a bargain for pins, if you look at the price of them down there) we got a fantastic amout of pins. So, I highly recommend watching DO and getting your traders that way - it's so much cheaper. You can get them on Ebay too, but I really don't recommend it - because it's really had to tell if the seller is selling you a bunch of scrap pins, or the real thing - usually if they are really cheap - it's almost guaranteed that it's the scrappers.

[I am loving the pics of the empty MK, I also had a pre rope drop reservation and though I didn't take a lot of pic, it was nice to walk down mainstreet and just look at all the window. It suprised me how much I have missed in this area.

I know, it's just so nice to be able to look at everything with out the pressure of all the crowds around you.

[So what's your secret D? I started my TR before you and I am still on page 2 while you are on page 6. How do I get people to read my TR??? Well I guess I could try this. .
Come read my TR!!!!

I am pretty sure it's because Andrea, Lisa and Cheryl are so popular and they like to hide out here?

Yeah, what she said! I was waiting to hear the verdict too. That was one of my must-do's that did not get done on this trip. I wanted to try the beignets at FQ. I WILL try them next time, because we LOVED Riverside and plan to stay there again in Oct 13!

I did give the verdict above in one of Cheryl's quotes. :)

You must try them!

Thanks! I had the camera right in my front slip-in pocket of my UPB, so it was just super easy to grab it out... THe nice thing is that pocket is so deep that I didn't have to worry about losing it, or having it fall out - even on rides. Of course, I always made sure it was waaaay down in there. So, that made picture taking really easy.

Love the update! How sweet of Victoria to give the little princess two pins, I am sure that made her day. The pictures of the girls around MK are great, and the food at CP looks so yummy. I just love their t-shirts too.

Thanks! We loved our tees too - it was so nice of all of my Dis friends to send us some pixie dust - it really added a lot of fun and uniqueness to our trip!

The I'm Celebrating button, what a sweet way to commemorate Rufus during your trip.

I agree! We had so many people ask us about him, and we were always thrilled to be able to tell them what a fantastic and devoted family member he was.

So, D~, if I tell you my 11 year old daughter called POFQ "the one on the root beer water" can you tell what she is referring to? LOL!
Nini

OK - I've been trying to figure out what this means since I read it yesterday, and I just don't get it. The only thing I can think of is that the river is dirty and looks like rootbeer water? :confused3

OmGoodness! I so hear you on the disappointing amount of pics! My DH is the family photographer and he is just not DIS trained to be a photographer. He knew I wanted food pics and started out doing really well with it, then just sort of tapered off. He didn't take as many as he normally does because he knew we were doing Photopass this time. Then since we have younger children who do not do thrill rides we split up quite a bit...then he had the camera and I didn't. I did grab it from him from time to time to get pics of him, myself, and the kids. He is more of a places and things photographer more than a people photographer. I will have to take over camera duty next time.

I've found, I enjoy my vacation photos more when people are in them. It is more fun to look at a picture of a person rather than an object - so I mostly try to get photos of people standing in front of the object that I am wanting a pic of. Then I get both. LOL

The now and then photos are the best! I love how you do that and I will certainly be stealing this idea for my photobooks!

Thanks Suzi! I love them too - I really need to go through and organize ours though - because after 3 trips, they are a disorganized mess. LOL And trying to find them all to post here was really annoying.

In all my years of going to Disney, I've never done a siloheutte (sp???). They are beautiful! We will be doing this on our next trip. It is pricesless that you had her do on of Ruf (and I also love the celebrate buttons)! Even if it is not 100% Ruf, it is still amazing and will be such a fantastic memory from this trip! Side thought: AWESOME VET!

You definately need to do the silhouettes - they really are the best and cheapest souvenir in Disney.

Yes, we do love our Vet... MM goes in for his first appt on Tues... Kind of dreading it, since we'll most likely be in the room where we put Ruf to sleep - since it's the only exam room they have in their office. That part will be hard.

Thanks for all of the photos and details. . .feels like we're right there with you! It sure makes the wait so much easier

I am glad you all like them, I was afraid it would be too much.

Good luck this weekend with Max! It's just a matter of time (and consistency). He's gonna be a great dog

Thanks - I am determined that the next 4 days will be devoted totally to potty training him, and maybe (hopefully) getting him to come when we call his name... right now, he just chooses to ignore us. :confused3

Right now, I am sitting on our front porch using the laptop (which I hate), because the second I bring him into the house, he pees. Thankfully, we have the entire kitchen gated, so he only goes on the kitchen floor - which is easy to clean up.

I'll check with you again before I go to see if you want me to try. I'd be happy to do it for you!

That would be so awesome if you could!

Do you know about saving pictures with borders in different sizes? So if you think you might want to print in both 4x6 and 5x7 with a particular border you need to save both sizes.

Ack!!! I forgot about that... Now I am going to have to go back through them! Thanks for reminding me! :lovestruc

Great update! Love the girl's shirts! LOVE CP first thing in the morning! I've done it a ton of times. Can't wait to see your take on Tusker House as I have an early ADR there in May for the first time. I've had late breakfast there but never before the park opens.

You totally need to do it before the park opens - it's just the perfect start to your MK day!

Love that shot of Donald! That is my favorite 3D movie!!!

I know, me too! My only real disappointment is that the Philharmagic store barely has any Donald items anymore... It used to almost fill the store, now it's just this little section. :sad2:

I'm with you sort of.... Not crazy about the beignets. Thought they were too messy, not enough flavor and not enough like a fried doughnut for my tastes.

Totally messy... but we loved them - enough that V and I will crave them until we go back. LOL

I need my house to sell!!!! I so want to go at Halloween!!!!!

I really wish your house would sell!

Perhaps Max has a UTI -- that doesn't explain the excessive pooing though. I hear your pain though. I'm so glad my dogs are older -- though I came home to a pee spot in the living room after getting home from Amy's. I think my little girl has anxiety when I leave.

I don't think his poohing is excessive... he just goes after he eats - it's not runny or anything. It's possible he has a uti - but I really just think that his training got screwed up when we got home.

I started carrying treats with me at first to train, and it was pointless. But once the dogs were older it worked pretty well. That treat popped out just as soon as pee hit the grass!

I think I am going to run upstairs this morning and make a treat bag for Max - I don't like carrying the treats directly in my pocket. I got some very cute fabric for Ruf's ashes - and it was the end of the bolt - so I got the last 3/4 yd for 50% off... Is it bad if I use the same fabric for Ruf's ashes as I do for other items for Max? My mind and heart really want to keep both of them so seperate.

Neighbors of mine in RI got a puppy (Labradoodle -- and I likely spelled that wrong) and their trainer said to leave it on the leash at all times to get it used to the leash -- so in the house the dog was kept on a leash -- it had free run, i.e. it wasn't tied up to anything but rather just had the leash hooked to its collar. My puppies did well with a leash so it was a nonissue -- though I quickly learned to buy the shortest leash possible.

Max has been doing surprisingly well with a leash - considering that he didn't have a collar until 2 days ago (Josh was using a harness on him). He just refuses to go potty with it on, and I don't like letting him roam, because he gets into too much and he's just too fast to catch. I wonder if I got Ruf's adjustable leash - so it's longer and used that on him, making it progressively shorter?

I tried leashing the dogs in our backyard to train them as one of my many attempts to get them to pee outside but that too was pointless for us.

So, what actually worked for you?

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I woke up to dog poo in the house (that only happens about once a month thank goodness). I think someone was protesting that I failed to take them for a walk yesterday. Even though we have a nice fenced in yard the highlight of the day is going for a walk.

Bummer about the dog poo - if it makes you feel any better, I got to do that again today. At least it was me cleaning it up - Josh always gags when he does it (which makes me gag)... Maybe it's because I am a mom and I don't get grossed out as easily? Now if it was big doggie poo, I'd be gaggin' too - but little doggie poo isn't nearly as bad.

Aren't you glad I gave you my opnion on doggy pooh? :cool1:

It was an outstanding TR. Of course, nothing but the best for you Cheryl!

Still waiting on the link. She probably didn't share it with me because I am still upset she didn't stay an extra day to meet me. popcorn::

The secret is that I hijack D's thread and I'm the popular one, not D~ Don't tell D that though -- don't want to offend her. Let's just all pretend we really adore her

I hate to disappoint you - but this is just common knowledge here.

D~ : Not only do I adore you, I love your latest additions to your tr :flower3: Too scared to ride SM???? My entire family was too so I didn't do it alone. I did do EE alone b/c I had never been to AK before. SM is one of my favorites!

Are you just sucking up???

We LOVE EE!!! One of my co-workers was in WDW at the same time we were - and she was there with her bf's family. She said they never really rode any rides - huh? So, I started listing off rides - they didn't do any of the major ones at all (SM, Splash, HM, EE, KRR... Nothing) - I was so sad for her. Imagine going to WDW and not being able to experience any of the great stuff, because you feel tied to the family you are with. That is one sad trip. I told her that she needs to go back with out them, and do WDW her way. :)

Was that a Lladro Donald figurine? BRB.... I'm back -- it is indeed (well, NAO) -- I have a curio of Lladro's, but no Donald in my small collection.

Are they expensive Andrea? I'd really love to have that one in my collection of Donald items someday.

I like the silhouettes and they do look something like your daughters, but they kind of remind me of a characterture type picture. I always thought they traced a silhouette from a shadow they project onto a wall or something. I didn't realize they do them freehand - that must be hard!

Yes, they do them free hand. It's really cool to watch. I will say that the CM that did them in 2008, held the paper up as she was cutting, so she was actually following the lines of the girls' profiles. The one that did them this time, had the paper in her lap most of the time she was cutting - so I think that is a huge difference as to the realism.

I do hope you start another pre-trip report! It doesn't hurt to plan, and it would be a shame if we couldn't keep up with your new sewing projects and your progress with Max

You're doing a fantastic job on the trip report!

THanks! I am a total PTR/TR junkie now, I can't imagine my life with out one... LOL So I am sure that when I am done with this TR - I will start another PTR, even if there is no trip in the near future. :lovestruc

thanks for the trip invite D! we are already planning on going over thanksgiving 2013 with some of my Scrap DIS friends...so if you all want to push your date a bit

I know... but I soooo love WDW at halloween.... I will have to see what the girls' school schedule looks like for next year - I don't think it's posted yet?

THat was an awesome finish - I am so sad that it's over with. Are you going to do a PTR for your trip next year?

You guys were chatty today. 2 pages for me to read.

I have orders and trip outfits to work on so please stop chatting LOL.

Off to bed now.

I know - they were super chatty - I've been replying to these posts for over an hour now... :eek:

isn't it always Andrea's fault

I am totally aware of that... Honestly I think you put Andrea up to it.

I guess we could???? I am planning a Sweet 16 trip with my BFF and her dd in Oct of 2014 anyways - so I guess we could try it for Christmas instead. Liddy, how does that work with your schedule?

I would really prefer NOT to be there on the actual TG day... Josh really wouldn't be in favor of the girls and I being gone on an actual holiday.

We're bringing our kiddos right?

LOL He needs to get his story straight.

For anyone that went in search of an update to my TR, I apologize. I got 2 more pages completed for my next update and when I went to save the 3rd (luckily I save each page as I finish it) page my computer said it was full and wouldn't save it So - Genius Bar appointment was quickly made and after dropping Finn at preschool Phalen & I wound our way across Charlotte (there was a fatality wreck in our part of town that had traffic all kinds of messed up, so we had to take a very round about way to get to the Apple Store). Phalen jumped on one of the "kid" computers while I sat down to nurse my cup of coffee and wait on my Genius to come to my aide. Next thing I knew Phalen had 3 Apple Geniuses standing around him with looks of shock and awe on their faces. I heard one ask him how old he was and the looks of shock and awe increased as he answered "7." He was playing JumpStart Math Blaster and blasted his way through 7 levels of math problems. The last two I saw were multiplication problems.
Anyway, the nice Apple Genius was able to help me find some things I can erase forever off my laptop to free up a little space, but he told me I basically only have a little under a year until Apple considers my computer "Vintage" (it was purchased in March of 2008 and after 5 years they're considered vintage and they don't make parts any more).

So - update to my TR - I have to erase stuff still and then I should be good to go on the last couple of pages I need for my next update. Sorry it's taking so long, but I can't post the next bit until I have all its pages done (It's Finn's Pirate's League, etc. portion of our trip).

Actually - I did go in search of it. I was so excited because someone had bumped it to the first page again... Only to find no update. Oh well, I understand... Anxiously waiting though.

THat is so awesome about Phay!!! You have a little genious on your hands! Great job - since we know all the kudos go to you for being such a great teacher to him!

Really enjoying your trip report D~. Can't wait to read more!

Thank you !!! And welcome!!! I hope you'll continue to follow along and post... I know my threads sometimes move fast - but that really isn't my fault. :rolleyes1

INNOCENT!!!!! I am INNOCENT!!!!

Since when? News to me...

Sooo, I've been sitting outside on the laptop for almost 2 hours now... with MM snoozing under my chair (and my butt fell asleep a long time ago). I refuse to bring him in until he goes potty - but it's not looking promising. :sad2: Our yard is one giant mud hole - so I detest walking him around - but I am gonna have to shortly.

I am dying to get into my sewing room - I haven't done a thing in there since we got home... Patience and Mr. R are calling to me loudly... But I don't know what to do with MM while I am up there, I think I might just let him romp around in the kitchen? It's gated anyways - and there's nothing he can get into... the only disaster he can have is potty related - which will do nothing for my potty training efforts. :eek:

I also want to do another TR update, but that might have to wait for MM's afternoon nap - which I would love to participate in. At least he slept all night last night. Although - my ankles were attacked by a mosquito - so I spent half the night itching them... Grrr... Gotta love our state bird!

Marianne - I am planning to make your chicken taco thingys today! I am super excited to try them, because they sound delicious!

Oh, I got sad, sad news at work yesterday. I was given notice that starting mid-April, we will no longer process film (not all Targets, just random ones). I love processing film - I just love the art of it. All we will continue to do is digital - and there is really nothing to that - it's all automatic. The only bonus to this, is that we get a whole new lab (which we desperately needed), as our machines were old and constantly down due to needing repairs. Some of my favorite guests are still avid film users, so I am afraid I won't see much of them anymore - they will be so sad - since they came to me exclusivley because of my *sparkling personality* - so I am told. :wizard: Anyways... Processing film was a highlight of my day - even if we didn't do a lot - it really added to the enjoyment of my job...

I hope you all have a great day - I will try to do another update this afternoon.

D~

I have to go walk the dogs right now before my dentist appt since we officially have a duck nest in our yard but I will be back to comment sometime today -- and take over your TR -- I'll post pics of where the nest is and tomorrow I will try to get pics of the actual culprit. I don't think she'll come out to swim again -- I only see her come out in the morning when her mate visits.

If Judy claims I'm not Innocent I'm might as well just start taking over your TR.

Yes, D~. The root beer water is the river...which mysteriously clears once you get to DTD!

We have been trying to figure out what they put in the water to make it so brown... it can't be naturally occurring if it clears so well in such a short space! (she said the water in DTD looked more like Mountain Dew!)

But it looks very authentic...very much like the Mississippi in Louisiana.

Nini

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter