Severely obese and WDW

SoonerSarah

DIS Veteran
I'm wondering about WDW rides and such and people who are severely obese. Are there any that are absolutely out? Any that are possible or definitely a yes?

As far as I remember, there are no official numbers from Disney on "you can't ride this ride if you are yay high or weigh yay much", such as at other parks (for example, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey has a height and weight max).

Here is an ongoing threads about this. The euphemism used around here is "Pooh sized": http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2424021

Allears.net has this page about guests with weight issues: http://allears.net/tp/ridsiz.htm

I don't know about being Pooh sized and the rides but I can tell you there is no place to sit. I just came back from a trip and the sciatica in my back was really bothering me. For the first time ever I really needed to sit a lot and believe me - there is no place to sit, especially in Magic Kingdom. For the first time I really understood why every one rents scooters - it is to have a place to sit.

I don't know about being Pooh sized and the rides but I can tell you there is no place to sit. I just came back from a trip and the sciatica in my back was really bothering me. For the first time ever I really needed to sit a lot and believe me - there is no place to sit, especially in Magic Kingdom. For the first time I really understood why every one rents scooters - it is to have a place to sit.

Well that is good to know. It won't be a problem for me, but if my Mom goes, that will be an issue, probably a major one for her. She is disabled after a car accident.

I'd think a lot of rides are possible. Dumbo and Teacups are 2 that might be tricky. Anyway, I hope you have a great trip!!!

As far as I remember, there are no official numbers from Disney on "you can't ride this ride if you are yay high or weigh yay much", such as at other parks (for example, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey has a height and weight max).

actually, there is not a height or weight max, there is a 'can you fit in the seat and securely latch the safety mechanism.'

After DD, I was rather Pooh-sized.

Goofy's Barnstormer was tight and Haunted Mansion, I felt tight too, but was fine for both.

Seriously, head over to allears - it's a great resource!

op, you had problems trying to find benches?? I thought magic kingdom had the most benches when I was there out of all parks. You can even take the train to rest

op, you had problems trying to find benches?? I thought magic kingdom had the most benches when I was there out of all parks. You can even take the train to rest
[that wasn't OP that mentioned no where to sit...]

google Disney at Large. Great article. I have seen people upwards of 400 lbs report that they can ride just about everything. I am a 5'4" size 26 and the only thing I have a problem with is the Muppet theater. The seats are SMALL. I fit, but am really squished. I don't ride astro orbiter or the tea cups, because of the s[innig and height, but i have been on every other ride at WDW and been fine. I was a little nervous about RNRC because it is an over head harness, but I had room to spare. We rode it wseveral time this trip because DD is finalyl tall enough.The biggest helpful tip I have gotten is to pull the seatbelts all the way out BEFORE sitting down in a ride. It makes in much easier to get buckled. When in doubt, most rides have a "test chair" in a discreet location where you can try it out befire riding.

I wasn't the one that originally mentioned it. I haven't been there yet, so I can't comment on the benches.

I am very definitely Pooh sized (at my largest 5' 3" and 350)...I have ridden almost everything at WDW without much problem even at my top size. I don't do the teacups because I can't take the spinning anymore and I haven't done the Astro-Orbitors--not willing to wait through the line. Disney has done excellent job at designing rides that fit almost any size.

The hardest part is actually getting through some of the ride gates--HM is the worst. The older style with the turnstile mechanisms are tighter than the newer pass-through style.

The other issue is getting up and down out of some of the rides like the Tomorrowland Speedway--the car seats are very low and awkward; also some of the boat rides are close on the knees and trying to get in and out.

Happy riding!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter