Several resort reservation/package/dining plan questions..

dach2k3

Earning My Ears
Ok, i know this has been covered, but frankly it is pretty confusing. Let me see if somoene can clarify.

Facts:
I currently have 2 reservations under the Visa Rewards promo. One for myself and one for my parents. I have put separate 1 night deposits down on my Disney Visa. They are room only. I requested that the rooms be adjoining.

Questions:
1. If I want to add a dining plan, i have to buy at least one ticket, correct?
2. If i want to add the plan and the tickets, I will have to create a new reservation and then cancel the old room only reservation, correct? Is the order important? Can i get screwed if i cancel and then the package doesn't work the way i expect?
3. If i change to the package, i'll have to pay in full 45 days out of my reservation, correct?

Thanks, Mario.

Mario--yes it does get confusing! let me see if I can help. I also have a room only with the Visa code and called the other day about adding dining. Here goes...

#1 If you want to add dining to your room, yes, you will have to get a one day base ticket for each person on the reservation. The cost for one adult one day base ticket is about $85. So, if you are adding 5 days of dining for 4 adults at $42/day, you will pay about $1180 additional. (5 nights of dining per adult and 4 one day base tickets)

#2 I was told that if/when I add the dining plan, I will be refunded my original deposit and charged a $200 deposit. If you tell the CM that you want to add the package, I doubt that you will get "screwed".

#3 Unlike the room only which is due at the time of travel, the balance on the package is due 45 days in advance of travel, and cancellation penalties apply at the 45 day mark.

Once you make the deposit on your Disney Visa, you will have 6 months SAC to pay the deposit. If you call at the 45 day mark to pay off your package and use your Disney Visa, you will have 6 months SAC to pay that off as well.

No you don't have to buy a one day ticket if you have an annual pass and want the dining plan.

It would be booked as a package with a $200 deposit and final balance is due 45 days before arrival. If you have a room booked and you change to a package the deposit on the room only would be credited back to your credit card and you would pay the deposit on the package.

Most good CM's will make the package reservation and then cancel the room only. You can't hold both while you decide.

Thank you for the detailed responses. I am going to call tomorrow to work on the changes. Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter