Several Questions... Park Tickets/Mosquitos/Food...

BlondeViki

Follow me @BlondeViki
I've been having a planning blitz, I think to distract myself from the fact the wedding is 2 weeks today and I *really* should be planning that... Disney is much more interesting right now :good vibes

I have a couple of questions if anyone would like to share their wisdom please?

1 - What's the Disney area like for mosquitos in September? If there are lots, what do you recommend as prevention for bites? I haven't ever need to buy anti-mosquito stuff, as the last time it was needed I was 14 and mum bought it!!

2 - We'd like to spend 2 days at Universal and at least 1 at Seaworld. Best to buy individual tickets or will that work out more expensive? Would the Orlando Flexticket be worth it on price, particularly seeing as it would also mean we have more flexibility about which days we go where?

3 - Could you recommend me 2 or 3 of your favourite off property restaurants for the evening meal please? We're staying in the Epcot area, no car but have budgeted for taxis. I've had one recommendation from a colleague for Charley's Steakhouse - any views?

Thanking you! :good vibes

PS - unbelievably I accidentally posted this in the general community board... I feel like an idiot!

1. Never found Mosquitos a problem. Never needed to buy anything for it. You can buy Suncream with repellant in it, though.

2. I'd get an Orlando Flexticket. It won't cost much more and gives you the chance to revisit. We typically spend more than 2 days at Universal/Islands.

3. Outback, The Cheesecake Factory and lots of the City Walk restaurants are all great value.

Wow, planning Disney and a wedding? My brain would be melting by now, hope it's all going well! I can only really answer your first question, I went in September 2009 and September last year and didn't even see any mosquitoes or get bitten.

I don't know if this is normal for September :confused3 but didn't apply repellent once as I didn't see the need!

3. I'd add Giordano's for a deep dish pizza. (one is on vineland north of DTD
I'll definitely add T-Rex in DTD (is it considered on or off property ? well, it'd still be on my list.
Miller's Ale House (on 535 across of Palm Pkwy)
Manny's Chophouse (but maybe a bit too far away)

check this thread, you'll find some information (mostly cross referencing mine above) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1643763

I always get bitten doesn't matter what time of year - I bought some insect repellant from Publix this time in was a spray on and came home with no bites :goodvibes

I just use a Boots spray insect repellent and that seems to do the trick. Sorry - can't answer the Universal question as haven't ventured over there for a while now. Lastly, Bahama Breeze is our hands down favourite offsite restaurant - fabulous food, great drinks choice and wonderful atmosphere. There is one at Lake Buena Vista and one on International Drive.

1 - What's the Disney area like for mosquitos in September? If there are lots, what do you recommend as prevention for bites? I haven't ever need to buy anti-mosquito stuff, as the last time it was needed I was 14 and mum bought it!!

I am also a person that gets bitten no matter what. I always take something with DEET in it. (this is by far the best stuff but its not in spray form You have to rub it in or it doesn't work and it's rubbish for daylight). Another tried and tested thing that the mosquitos hate is SSS Oil from Avon. Its just a normal body oil and smells nice. Waiting for the boat back from DTD to POR is the worse place for me..they have a right go!!! I am pretty certain I got attacked the last time we went in a September..but only by water

2 - We'd like to spend 2 days at Universal and at least 1 at Seaworld. Best to buy individual tickets or will that work out more expensive? Would the Orlando Flexticket be worth it on price, particularly seeing as it would also mean we have more flexibility about which days we go where?

I would only buy for the days I need, so two day two park ticket for Universal/IOA and only the one day for Seaworld as you get the 2nd day free anyway. You have flexibility with the Universal tickets but Seaworld I think you need to use it within a certain time limit.

Hope all your wedding planning is coming along great and the day is wonderful for you. Happy Honeymoon too when you get there.:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter