Several more Direct Questions

jmmdls

Earning My Ears
We are currently in our ROFR on our first resale contract of 100 points. We are thinking of actually purchasing 75 additional points direct at Poly to give us enough Poly points to be worthwhile. Several questions on this, will they allow you to finance on less than 100 points? Also, if my other points are September UY will I be able to also get September UY direct?...Then if I buy next month in August..how many years points will I have access to? Will it be 2015 and 2016 I'm assuming? And then would I pay Disney for only 2016 dues or also 2015? Thanks for the help as always!

We are currently in our ROFR on our first resale contract of 100 points. We are thinking of actually purchasing 75 additional points direct at Poly to give us enough Poly points to be worthwhile. Several questions on this, will they allow you to finance on less than 100 points? Also, if my other points are September UY will I be able to also get September UY direct?...Then if I buy next month in August..how many years points will I have access to? Will it be 2015 and 2016 I'm assuming? And then would I pay Disney for only 2016 dues or also 2015? Thanks for the help as always!

If you are lucky enough to close in August you would be able to purchase an additional 75 points direct from Disney and finance them. You should receive 2015 and 2016 points on the direct purchase if you can purchase in August................ If I were you I would call Disney and ask if they will let you purchase 75 as a new contract so you can lock in those 2015 points. I bet they will.

I agree with you that I doubt I close in August on our resale contract. So if I do a new Poly contract with a sept UY after I officially close on the Resale one will I be able to have just one membership number as opposed to two? I would like to avoid that if possible but will deal to allow me to have the additional 75 points if I can't make it work.

I agree with you that I doubt I close in August on our resale contract. So if I do a new Poly contract with a sept UY after I officially close on the Resale one will I be able to have just one membership number as opposed to two? I would like to avoid that if possible but will deal to allow me to have the additional 75 points if I can't make it work.

You definitely can pull this off. Call Disney and tell them you want to buy a 75 point Direct at Poly September use year and you want to finance. If they let you and I cant believe they won't You should have your direct points in plenty of time to have your new resale contract added to you current number. Good Luck.

From most timetables I've seen you probably need to be ready to close on your resale in order to get into the system before Sept 1st.

However......

DVC will sell you 75 points direct from all accounts. You might have to push a tiny bit but maybe not. And AFAIK the minimum to finance is 50 points. As long as you initiate the purchase prior to Sept 1st you should get 2015 points that you can bank and all points going forward. MF's will be pro rated from the date of the contract.

Unless something starts going very quickly with your resale I suspect you might have to do the direct purchase before you finishing closing on the resale. If that happens, then what I've always done with resale is on the closing paperwork that is sent to Disney I make a note that I am already a member and include my membership number. I also always let my broker know. And when doing this DVC has gotten the resales input as add on's to my existing membership. Could they blow it and miss all the info? Yes, that's possible, but odds are they'll get it added on.

I'd call but make the retail purchase conditional on getting the UY, 2015 points AND combining with the resale purchase. Make sure the titles are done exactly the same. I would not take the chance they'll combine them automatically by buying the retail first and hoping the resale is combined.

Sorry to jump in on your thread but I am getting ready to buy DVC direct from Disney. How is it possible to get 2015 points in 2016?? Is it because you are requesting a September UY and it is not september yet?? If it is possible to get both 2015 and 2016 points I want to make sure I know how to do it before I talk to my guide again!!
Thanks

Sorry to jump in on your thread but I am getting ready to buy DVC direct from Disney. How is it possible to get 2015 points in 2016?? Is it because you are requesting a September UY and it is not september yet?? If it is possible to get both 2015 and 2016 points I want to make sure I know how to do it before I talk to my guide again!!
Thanks

It's simply about getting current points.

For a September UY the current points are 2015 right now and valid for stays from 9/1/15-8/31/16. So at the moment Aug (until 7/31/16), Sept, Oct and Dec UY's current points are 2015. Feb, March, April and June current points are 2016. Buying direct you will get current points. All UY's will pay the same pro-rated amount of MF's that are calculated from the contract date thru the end of the year.

Thanks
Also, points can be banked up until the last day of the UY on a direct purchase with no additional maint fees.

It's simply about getting current points.

For a September UY the current points are 2015 right now and valid for stays from 9/1/15-8/31/16. So at the moment Aug (until 7/31/16), Sept, Oct and Dec UY's current points are 2015. Feb, March, April and June current points are 2016. Buying direct you will get current points. All UY's will pay the same pro-rated amount of MF's that are calculated from the contract date thru the end of the year.

So I should ask for a UY of Sept ot Oct if I think I'll close on my direct sale in Aug??

So I should ask for a UY of Sept ot Oct if I think I'll close on my direct sale in Aug??

Is it your first DVC purchase or do you have an existing UY? If you have an existing UY then it's usually best to add on to that.

If this is your first purchase have you read this on Understanding Use Year? Choosing a UY that begins just prior to your expected time of travel can essentially provide some free "insurance" against last minute cancellations. I'd place that higher on the ladder than getting 2015 points. http://www.disboards.com/threads/understanding-use-year-updated-april-27-2016.1942668/

If it's your first contract and your expected travel will be in the last quarter of the year then a Sept UY may be appropriate. Direct happens quite differently than resale and you just have to initiate the purchase prior to the UY starting. If you were to do this in the last few days you'd want to ask your guide for assistance in banking the 2015 points and make that part of the purchase.

But if your normal travel is something like July or Aug I'd likely go with an earlier UY.

This is my first purchase. We usually travel both the end of Oct and Jan. So an October UY would give us more flexibility I think. Thanks for the help guys!!

You want the same UY as your resale titled the same way. Ideally you'd like to be closed on the resale and just add the retail purchase to the UY. The alternative is to buy the same UY retail now titled the same and hope the resale is added to it.

This is my first purchase. We usually travel both the end of Oct and Jan. So an October UY would give us more flexibility I think. Thanks for the help guys!!

Yes, as long as you don't think you might end up with regular or semi regular Sept trips. October is a good UY to have for both late Oct and Jan trips.

Update! We got our 75 points today, membership number will be the same when we submit our resale contract. Direct points have UY of September and they were able to get us into Bay Lake 1 bedroom standard view for Christmas and 4 days before! Super pumped!! We have 2015 and 2016 points available since we have the Sept UY!

Update! We got our 75 points today, membership number will be the same when we submit our resale contract. Direct points have UY of September and they were able to get us into Bay Lake 1 bedroom standard view for Christmas and 4 days before! Super pumped!! We have 2015 and 2016 points available since we have the Sept UY!

Congratulations and welcome home!

DANG that was fast. How long did it take from you contacted your guide till you had the points?

So once you are ready to close on your resale you will submit the documents with you newly acquired Dvc MemberID?

Did you make sure the title was the same on the direct as on the resale purchase?

Regards

Congratulations!!!

I am double checking that the names are exactly the same. If I forgot the middle initial for my resale can I still change that since I'm in ROFR? I haven't closed on the resale one obviously but hopefully there will be no hiccups. I was able to use the points right away because when you are a first time DVC buyer they can find you rooms that aren't available on the DVC website and they hold them for you. So it all happened same day and then I should have my fedex package with docs by Friday.

DANG that was fast. How long did it take from you contacted your guide till you had the points?

So once you are ready to close on your resale you will submit the documents with you newly acquired Dvc MemberID?

Did you make sure the title was the same on the direct as on the resale purchase?

Regards

When you buy direct the points are usually in your account within hours. Almost always within a day or two. Or, the oddball situation like mine where it got buried and it actually took longer than one of my resales!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter