"Seven Seven 07" 20070707-11 Night Mediterranean Cruise

Leaving in 12 hours for the airport!

See you in Barcelona on Sat or Meson David on Friday!!!!!

We are a family of four from Texas. My husband and I have a 15 year old son and a 12 year old daughter. Excited to cruise the Med.. See everyone soon!!

:welcome:

I am working on name tags and am trying to finish them up since we leave for London tomorrow. If you can provide your first name I will try to do some for your family. If you can also provide info similar to the example below, it would be great!

"DadofLostBoys" John, Karen, Alex (14), Kyle (11) & Max (7); late dining; cabin 2638 & 2640; from PA; arriving London 7/4 (Hilton Metropole); arriving BCN 7/6 (Barceló Atenea Mar); departing 7/18 back home to PA; 2nd DCL Magic Cruise​

Also, there will be DISboards meetings at the sail-away and Friday the 13th.
:boat:-away party: on Deck 10 (starboard) Wear cruise shirts if you got them
AND
Super Secret Aft Deck 7 Rendezvous at 4 pm on Friday July 13 (BYO:drinking1 and popcorn::)

Dear Din and John - Wishing you safe travels - make sure you arrive early at the airports as the security is highented. My DH delivers there everyday and he said the lines are LONG!!! We called the limo driver who will pick us up and he said he waited on a line for 1 hr on a ramp approach to Newark airport - so allow plenty of time! Happy travels to all!
Sherri

Dear Din and John - Wishing you safe travels - make sure you arrive early at the airports as the security is highented. My DH delivers there everyday and he said the lines are LONG!!! We called the limo driver who will pick us up and he said he waited on a line for 1 hr on a ramp approach to Newark airport - so allow plenty of time! Happy travels to all!
Sherri

Thanks Sherri. Hopefully the lines would not be so bad, as our flight is 6 AM. I have been checking websites for times and updates....

Prayers for safe travel to all of you!

See you in BCN!

I hope everyone that is getting ready to head to Barcelona has great flights and a safe trip!

See you all in a few days!!

Dear Kathy, I don't mean to jump in here, as you have so kindly offered to make the group dinner ressie at Meson David, but I was just reading though my emails with the company that we are renting an apartment from, and they offered to make dinner ressies for us if we needed. So, I just sent off an email requesting them to make a ressie for 30 at Meson David at 8pm on Friday. NOTE TO ALL: I have asked him to make the ressie under the name of MICKEY MOUSE!::MickeyMo

I will post again to confirm they were or were not able to do this. Again, I hope you don't mind - but if this works, I thought this might save you some touring time while in BCN!

Take care,
Sherri

THANK YOU SHERRI!!!
That was a great idea. I was getting worried about making reservations on Thurs for Fri. Was thinking about calling tomorrow so I could post before we leave Wed am.

Hope it works out.
Kathy

:cool1: :banana: :yay: :dance3: :cheer2:
We're out of here! On our way to Dulles for overnight to London. Little Shop of Horrors and Mary Poppins on Wed. London Sight Seeing on Thurs. Barcelona Friday. Safe trips to everyone.

:cool1: :banana: :yay: :dance3: :cheer2:
We're out of here! On our way to Dulles for overnight to London. Little Shop of Horrors and Mary Poppins on Wed. London Sight Seeing on Thurs. Barcelona Friday. Safe trips to everyone.
John, we get to London on Thurs am. Staying at the Intercontinental London Park Lane. Call me on my cell 925-360-2298 if you guys want to grab a pint!!!!! We are going on the London EYE at 3:30pm on Thursday and dinner at Amaya at 6pm.

:scared1: OMG, my friend at British Airways just called to tell us our flight tomorrow morning has been cancelled!!!

We are frantically trying to get everything together to leave tonight instead on United to London! :scared:

My DD (9) just came in to remind me about what I wrote the other day...

Whatever happens, just roll with it and don't get too stressed out. :love:

I must admit, that I was getting very stressed out before she told me that. :hippie:

OK, see you all in Barcelona! We leave for the airport in 3 hours and I still need to finish packing! (just a little bit of stress. :thumbsup2 )

Matthew (EPCOT_VA)

:scared1: OMG, my friend at British Airways just called to tell us our flight tomorrow morning has been cancelled!!!

We are frantically trying to get everything together to leave tonight instead on United to London! :scared:

I must admit, that I was getting very stressed out before she told me that. :hippie:

OK, see you all in Barcelona! We leave for the airport in 3 hours and I still need to finish packing! (just a little bit of stress. :thumbsup2 )

Matthew (EPCOT_VA)

Just go with the flow Matthew! It all works out in the end!
Safe travels to you and your family and all the 07-07-07 DisBoarders!

See you in Barcelona!

THANK YOU SHERRI!!!
That was a great idea. I was getting worried about making reservations on Thurs for Fri. Was thinking about calling tomorrow so I could post before we leave Wed am.

Hope it works out.
Kathy

Ok Guys - no word yet from the contact in Spain - but either way - if I don't hear from him or not - then I will make the ressie when we get there - it will be under the name of Mickey Mouse !! I'll post again if I get any feedback. See you in BCN!
Sherri

Matthew (EPCOT_VA)
Wow, did they say why they cancelled? We are set to fly out Friday night from Dulles on British Air. If they cancel ours, we are really going to be scrambling.

I guess I better pack before Friday just in case!

Have a safe flight!

Wow, did they say why they cancelled? We are set to fly out Friday night from Dulles on British Air. If they cancel ours, we are really going to be scrambling.

I guess I better pack before Friday just in case!

Have a safe flight!

We are walking out the door! But we got everything packed, I think... :banana:

British Airways has been experiencing a lot of problems with the newly increased security in London in recent days. I would recommend checking on the flight starting Thursday morning for a Friday night departure. Today only 1 of 3 BA flights came into Dulles. There will be a big backlog tomorrow trying to get to London. That is why we are rushing to go tonight. Your plane will be in the air on its way to Dulles by around noon our time on Friday. That means you will know for sure if it will cancel or not. BA has three departures each day. (8:05 AM, ~7:00 PM, and 10:30 PM). Good luck! :thumbsup2

See you in Barcelona!

Matthew (EPCOT_VA)
pirate:

Anybody else heading out of Newark on Friday night?

Joe
No we are out of Philly on Friday night -- Let's hope they stay out of each other's airspace!

Mathew -- I hope that ou all got off ok. I am trying not to let the recent events worry me but it is hard not to!

No more work for me except packing!:banana: See you all in Barcelona!!!!

Sheryl

Anybody else heading out of Newark on Friday night?

Joe

Hi Joe,
This is my first post on this thread so we are not on the "official list".
Mike, Carla, and daughter Sarah (10) also from the Jersey Shore.
We are flying out of Newark on Thursday. A friend of ours works for Customs at Newark in the international terminal. I will talk to him on Wednesday and I'll post any known delays concerning Newark.

Have a safe flight and we will see you on board!

Okay, so I am guilty of spying on all your posts for the past 3 months and failing to introduce myself to the group. (Congrats on the almost 1200 posts)We too will be join everyone on 7-7-07.

Kindly, my sister in law "Kouris Family" and cousins "Hawaiian Mickey" both from California convinced me on the spur of the moment that our family must come along. While we (the Dill Family from upstate New York) have DS (9) DS (6) DD (4) and DD (20 months) we are only bringing DD (4). Lucky for us, lucky for her!

We fly 7/5 out of Boston to Amsterdam to Barcelona. Staying at Hotel Itaca H10 (found on Bookings.com about 125E). Returning 7/19 to Boston's Logan Airport via Amsterdam. About $900.

My only question left unanswered was the temperature on the boat. We will be leaving DD with DCousin on ship and weren't sure if A/C might be too cool for the kiddos. On another topic, we are delighted to learn that our t-mobile cell works great in the Med and that DCL has not left a family behind in the med yet! My fear with the girls back on the ship!

Thanks for letting me spy on all your good advice and I hope we have a chance to meet some of you. DH is the natural-looking pirate and I am the one with tiny bubbles.
Happy Trails,
Bettina, Neal and Irene

(home are Hanover, Richmond and Charlotte!)

Aloha,
We are all done packing. We leave tomorrow 07/04/07 on AA Lax-Mia-Mad-Bcn. Very long day we fly out at 7:45am get into Bcn next day at 2:40pm.
I think I got everything done?!? Got some snacks for in between flights. Cross my fingers everything will go well. Just got to remember things do happen. I'll just go with the flow.
See you all in Barcelona. Can't wait to see everyone at David Meson.

Happy 4th of July. We live in the best country in the world.
Big thanks to our soldiers all over the world for protecting our freedoms.

alooooooha,
hawaiian mickey
:cool1::cool1::thumbsup2:thumbsup2:banana::banana::dance3:

I have heard back from the apartment company and all seems to look good for Friday night dinner at Meson David - here is what they said:

"I spoke with Meson David...how did you hear about this place? One of our local favorites and they do not normally take reservations. I am supposed to speak with the owner later today and I will let you know if they can work something out for you. Normally at 8:00 the place is pretty empty so it may not be a problem. Actually, they told me not to come before 8:30 because they are not really open until then but I will confirm that they will be ready for 30 people since it is a Friday night. "

Looks like all will work out. Even if they do not open until 8:30, and do not take ressies - we will be the first on line at 8 pm - so it looks like Meson David at 8PM on the 6th is OFFICIAL!! Also, looks like it is a good choice too - since he describes it as "One of our local favorites!"

Too bad he couldn't come through on our request for a car service to pick us and all :scared1: 8 PIECES:scared1: of our luggage up!!
He advised me that
" I did not get back to you yesterday because the companies we work with are completely booked this weekend and I was searching for someone else. There is a big conference, the Bread and Butter, in town this week and everyone is really busy. Sorry about the transport and if I hear anything else I will let you know.":sad2: :sad2: :sad2:
I wish I had booked this earlier!!! Oh well, we arrive at 9:30AM and can't get into the apartment until 4pm ( we can drop off our bags at 11am) so we will just see how it goes - we might end up having to take 2 cabs!

Safe travels everyone - see you in BCN
Sherri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter