Seven isn't too far away-y-y-y-y-y; in fact it's here now! AKL Lite Thread presents:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Safe travels to all those off to the World so soon and have great trips. And I'm sorry for all those that had to cancel trips. We were supposed to be headed to Disneyland on Saturday and had to cancel a couple of days ago.

Wendy - glad you DS is doing ok..hopefully he'll make a full recovery in the next day or so.

I found out last week while I was away on travel that my DH David was being laid off from his job. He has worked for this company for 19 years. The only job he has had beside being in the Army.

He is a disabled veteran who fought in two different wars and this is how he is treated by the company he has stood by for 19 years.

I am heartsick, and he is heart broken. He has done so much for the people who work for him, stood up for them when the company wanted them fired, he has gone before the customer to plead people's cases for them, he has given way too much of his time to fix all the problems and create a well functioning team. He has taken pressure off his boss above him by doing more than is required for his position and the guy just told him "hey we can't keep you on, you are gone by the end of the month". That was it, no explanation, nothing... just we got to let you go.

I think my David deserves more than that.

Am I being biased b/c he is my DH, or do companies these days just not care about people anymore?

David is just so upset right now, he has made himself sick. He can't eat, he can't sleep. He mind can not stop thinking of all the wrongs.

anyway, thanks for letting me spill the beans here...

Brandi - I'm so sorry this is happening to David and to you. It's truly scary how companies treat their employees now (I see it first hand with my own and DH's.) Hopefully he'll find something even better that will appreciate him! :hug:

Brandi thank you so much for the photos. He is so cute!

I love your positive attitude, I hope David is feeling a little better. :hug:

Today is a little better, I think he is going through many of the stages of grief...

I am not sure how many there are but he has gone through the disbelief, and self pity, now I think he is mad.

Safe travels to all those off to the World so soon and have great trips. And I'm sorry for all those that had to cancel trips. We were supposed to be headed to Disneyland on Saturday and had to cancel a couple of days ago.

Wendy - glad you DS is doing ok..hopefully he'll make a full recovery in the next day or so.

Brandi - I'm so sorry this is happening to David and to you. It's truly scary how companies treat their employees now (I see it first hand with my own and DH's.) Hopefully he'll find something even better that will appreciate him! :hug:

I have heard many many stories and it is not uncommon. Hopefully we will hear some good news soon.

Good Morning everybody :) I hope everyone has a fabulous day!

Good morning everyone, or should I say afternoon!

Some friends had extra tickets to last nights baseball game between the Baltimore Orioles and the Texas Rangers, they picked us up and we had a wonderful time. So we got home late, and decided to call in sick today! Since the company does not care about David he is not going to give them anything extra.

Hope everyone has a blessed and beautiful day!

That's the spirit Brandi! Show them the same indifference! It really sucks for them to do that to him. Don't you two work for the same company? They're pretty stupid if you're that valuable and they do this to him. I'm sure it doesn't endear you to them with all this going on.

Ok, I know I missed a lot yesterday, but I'll try to catch up. Tyry, sorry you had to cancel the trip to DL. Hopefully you will at least get that new bathroom you takes about instead. Athenna, I hope you enjoy your trip. Wendy, Laura, and tiggrbaby you are all so close!!!!!

Hopefully we can start to think about rebooking this trip we canceled last week.

Good Morning Js and Ks! Hope everyone has a great weekend! :goodvibes

I hope Laura and Tori have a magical Mother's Day Weekend at WDW!pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Good morning, Js & Ks! :sunny:

I hope everyone has a gorgeous day to enjoy as we do! And if you are in or headed to WDW, I hope your visit is the BEST!

That's the spirit Brandi! Show them the same indifference! It really sucks for them to do that to him. Don't you two work for the same company? They're pretty stupid if you're that valuable and they do this to him. I'm sure it doesn't endear you to them with all this going on.

Ok, I know I missed a lot yesterday, but I'll try to catch up. Tyry, sorry you had to cancel the trip to DL. Hopefully you will at least get that new bathroom you takes about instead. Athenna, I hope you enjoy your trip. Wendy, Laura, and tiggrbaby you are all so close!!!!!

Hopefully we can start to think about rebooking this trip we canceled last week.

Yes we work for the same company.... He was 19 years in Feb, so I guess technically he is in his 20th year. I had 8 May 3rd.... So not nearly as much as him but still more than a few years...

But again it still has not made a difference to anyone at this point.

But we are getting better. And with the upcoming interview, now he is getting nervous about that. So seems like a never ending cycle right now.:rolleyes1

Brandi, :grouphug: Sorry about David's job, hoping he can find something that is way better than his current job pixiedust:

That is my wish for him too.

I sat down with our budget and explained to him how long we could make it on mine pay, our savings and unemployment, and told him not to settle just b/c he got an offer; that I wanted to him to have a job he enjoyed doing. So we will see, I want and try to take as much pressure off him as I can, but this is mostly emotional right now.

So we talk a lot about everything, which I am really glad he will talk it through with me, I guess it could be worse and he could be keeping it all bottled up.

...Some friends had extra tickets to last nights baseball game between the Baltimore Orioles and the Texas Rangers, they picked us up and we had a wonderful time. So we got home late, and decided to call in sick today! Since the company does not care about David he is not going to give them anything extra...

...good for YOU! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter